Quantcast

» «
Photo

what do these carcols value mean in some car mods?

8 replies to this topic
napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

CARCOLS: Body(CLR:1) - Interior(CLR:2) - CALIPERS(CLR:3) - Wheels(CLR:4)

I saw recent cars using such carcols, what exactly are they?

thanks.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

The color each car part should have, if I'm not mistaken.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

and what does that mean instead of the usual 3 numbers?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well, I'm not too familiar with this. However, ingame, if you open the trainer and go to car colors, there are four options:

Car First Color

Car Second Color

Car First Extra Color

Car Second Extra Color

Hopefully, someone will clarify this.

Rocket7575
  • Rocket7575

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by Rocket7575, 02 October 2013 - 02:09 AM.

and what does that mean instead of the usual 3 numbers?

Some cars have 3 color paintjobs, some have 4.  There isn't a pattern here, you can't say spot 2 is brakes, because on some cars this is the interior color.  Correct way to do this is to have trainer, otherwise you will never really get this like u want it.
If you have trainer, spawn car u want, go to car color menu where it shows the 4 colors, change each color 1 at a time.  If the second one is the shine, 3rd one the brakes, and 4th the interior etc, then you now know it has -4-colors.  If you go to the 4th color and change it, and NOTHING happens, then the car ONLY has 3 colors and needs to be under 3 color section in carcols.  Lets say for example that Infernus has 3 colors stock.  But I replaced with a Camaro SS that has 4 colors.  I know this because I did the above sentence (again example).  So in carcols, if it's listed under the 3 colors, I need to move it down to the 4 colors.  Then I can edit those colors, so that everytime it appears it is the correct color.  I use my phone and write down the patterns I want (2,18,32,58), and do usually 4-8 colors.  Then I tab out, go to carcols, edit that car file and then save.  Next time I reload IV, and make that car appear, all of them will be the patterns I chose.  And all of the traffic, will be driving the SAME colors that I chose in carcols.  Only issue, is that when you go to paint in paintshop, you can only paint it the colors you selected in carcols, so u  can never end up with that puke brown camaro/lambo etc ever again.  I have done this on well over 300 cars, so I know this process works.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

uhm so the colors is up to us the users instead of the usual predetermined colors from the maker? why is that? lazyness?

Rocket7575
  • Rocket7575

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

uhm so the colors is up to us the users instead of the usual predetermined colors from the maker? why is that? lazyness?

You'd have to ask them. But I assume it's because there is no standard that everyone goes by.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

car color editor

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by taskforce, 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

CARCOLS: Body(CLR:1) - Interior(CLR:2) - CALIPERS(CLR:3) - Wheels(CLR:4)

I saw recent cars using such carcols, what exactly are they?

thanks.

While creating a car you can choose which parts of it can be painted.

CLR:3 should NEVER be used on anything, because it's the 2nd car color, that makes the car "shine" in another color.

Like the green color does here

0_96ad1_8466c65b_XS.jpg

CLR 1, 2 and 4 can be used on anything else.

Car Paint, Interior, Rims, Calipers, Mirrors, Spoiler etc.

You can also use 2 of them to make the car 2 tone like this one here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users