Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
UndeadNub
  • UndeadNub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I kind of thought my information was irrelevant. Just thought I would share just incase. I really need to get 100% to start investigating more thoroughly. 

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

you have one lack in your theory and that is that drugs can only be consumed in the home of the characters.

Uh, yeah... you’re talking about the idea of using drugs in different places or situations to trigger an event, right?
That wasn’t a part of my “theory.” That was someone else’s idea.

All I did was notice that, for Michael, drugs and aliens (and the word "monster") go together. Even if it's just those two missions--which were both _not_ in someone’s home, by the way--that connection might be hinting at what role the aliens play in the game. I don't know if Michael imagines the aliens, or that Michael was once abducted for real and has buried memories of aliens, or that some of the game world itself is a figment of Michael's imagination, or something else entirely... but it is something to think about.

Thanks for testing the bong idea though. That’s interesting.

I still think the big mystery of the game is that first alien in the ice.
I'll see if I can find any more details about North Yankton.

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

you have one lack in your theory and that is that drugs can only be consumed in the home of the characters.

Uh, yeah... you’re talking about the idea of using drugs in different places or situations to trigger an event, right?
That wasn’t a part of my “theory.” That was someone else’s idea.

All I did was notice that, for Michael, drugs and aliens (and the word "monster") go together. Even if it's just those two missions--which were both _not_ in someone’s home, by the way--that connection might be hinting at what role the aliens play in the game. I don't know if Michael imagines the aliens, or that Michael was once abducted for real and has buried memories of aliens, or that some of the game world itself is a figment of Michael's imagination, or something else entirely... but it is something to think about.

Thanks for testing the bong idea though. That’s interesting.

I still think the big mystery of the game is that first alien in the ice.
I'll see if I can find any more details about North Yankton.

Guilty of "testing" the bong. :lol:

• kilo420remix likes this

BTilla
  • BTilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Could that location be underground rather than over?

Looking at the map just above, it's accessible by a tunnel or the underground lines...

BTilla
  • BTilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'm new here but I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and I believe Grumbledoor and Galdoron are both correct about the downtown UFO....

I went back to play the 'Did someone say Yoga' mission, because that is the only mission one of the characters have direct interaction with the aliens. Well messing around with the mission I found out 4 things:

1) That you can glitch the game to make yourself still get abducted without the high effects until after the aliens drop you out the UFO. (Doesn't make a difference, nothing is revealed by being sober during your abduction.)

2) IF you get out of the car while you are high and stay close to the car the effects dont stop and you can kill people without cops coming. (Way to stay high for a long period of time for possible exploring.)

3) The location of where you are dragged off to after you get pushed out of the car.(may already be known.)

4) What I strongly believe to be the location of the 'downtown UFO'

If you pause the game while the monkeys are messing with you, the location you are at is: photo1-3.jpg

Also if you pause the game while you are being analyzed by the aliens the location is:photo2-1.jpg

This is located DOWNTOWN... and what makes it even more interesting is that it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE FIB building. This is what I believe the text in the file is refering to. Now whether or not the UFO is able to be located after this mission I do not know, but downtown has SOME relevance to UFOs.

Your location also changes again when you are dropped out of the spaceship. I didn't get a picture because I don't believe it is relevant. But it is somewhere near Michael's house.

I have tried flying as high as possible above the FIB spot and haven't came across anything yet. I also tried going at 3 AM with no luck. But hopefully this feeds the fire a little(or possibly douces it) on the downtown UFO debate.

Underground?!

mat_lax
  • mat_lax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hi guys, I joined the forum just to share this with you so please have a look at it.

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but anyway.

The other day I managed to get the fourth hitchhiker to the Altruist camp which initiated the cut scene where they want to sacrifice Trevor.

I killed everyone and when I was collecting their weapons and other staff I noticed this crate http://socialclub.ro...KVEmIbdkzZSCB7whttp://socialclub.ro...pDkuYTBQGK36UwQ, could the jetpack be inside?

The crate is different then all the other crates at their camp as you can't damage it and can't move it using a car when all the other ones are movable and you can damage them, it also has a lock on it which you just can't shoot.

Atruist cult hates technology, however their camp is full of crates with government logos, parts and weapons. Could've they used the parts to make a jetpack?

After I left the camp the crate despawned when I got back there. Maybe if you have 100% and then clear the altruists it will open right away or maybe once you finish them off you have to do something in their camp to open it.

Also one of the repeating symbols in their camp is red Sun cut halfway with a blue line http://socialclub.ro...mWkmW6xSZkCZYNw, they praise the sun and the symbol looks like Sun setting in the ocean. Their altar is directed west and when the Sun is setting in the game it's right above the altair and going into the ocean, maybe this should be considered.

Sorry for the long post and if anything has been said.

Mat

• flybwoy likes this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Well I hate to do this but I was flying 30 min under the map in GTA V. I hadn't found anything downtown. I even was under the mural and found nothing. Since it's a glitch things may not work properly. 

But I will have to do this but I debunk the mural for now. Srry it had nothing there. If your wondering how I got under the map. Check out the video I posted awhile back and go to Youtube to find a tutorial on it. This glitch works like a charm and It's pretty rad.

I hope alot of you will even try it. See what I missed. I'll try again later.

Slash59
  • Slash59

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hey guys, I just joined but been going through comments since the games release and have an admittedly far fetched idea but here goes: has anyone tried putting the big orange ball that can be played around with into a cargo plane and dropping it onto the death table, the ball looks kinda like an egg yolk, especially if the ball could be dropped from height and made to burst/splatter, it sounds ridiculous I know but ya never know, I'm at 90% so haven't tried.

cruelht
  • cruelht

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

@darthwill, The downtown UFO may not be below the map but instead ABOVE it... Above where we can fly... a hidden area we are not intended to find. That is why I said I believe Galdaron and Grumbledore are both correct. I think there IS a UFO downtown, however it wasn't intended for us to be able to see it outside of the cutscene in the mission.

the 'drug UFO' mentioned in the code is likely referring to the one that abducts Michael while he is with the Chimpanzees. The 'Downtown UFO' is the one you are in while you are aboard the UFO. However, I don't believe we were supposed to find this. It is interesting that it is next to the FIB building though... Even though I don't believe there is anything we were meant to find, I am still going to comb the area tonight.

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

@cruelht Yes it would be up. But the video I posted earlier had a Spinning File chip. It was under Fort Zacuda. But I was looking for more to see if it is related to the UFO's.

It was worth a try thou. :D

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hi guys, I joined the forum just to share this with you so please have a look at it.

The other day I managed to get the fourth hitchhiker to the Altruist camp which initiated the cut scene where they want to sacrifice Trevor.

I killed everyone and when I was collecting their weapons and other staff I noticed this crate http://socialclub.ro...KVEmIbdkzZSCB7whttp://socialclub.ro...pDkuYTBQGK36UwQ, could the jetpack be inside?

The crate is different then all the other crates at their camp as you can't damage it and can't move it using a car when all the other ones are movable and you can damage them, it also has a lock on it which you just can't shoot.

Atruist cult hates technology, however their camp is full of crates with government logos, parts and weapons. Could've they used the parts to make a jetpack?

After I left the camp the crate despawned when I got back there. Maybe if you have 100% and then clear the altruists it will open right away or maybe once you finish them off you have to do something in their camp to open it.

Also one of the repeating symbols in their camp is red Sun cut halfway with a blue line http://socialclub.ro...mWkmW6xSZkCZYNw, they praise the sun and the symbol looks like Sun setting in the ocean. Their altar is directed west and when the Sun is setting in the game it's right above the altair and going into the ocean, maybe this should be considered.

Mat

I believe you may be on to something. I'm 100%, went to the camp, wiped the camp 3 times consecutively and no crate. The only difference between my game and yours is that I haven't delivered 4 times to the altruist. Will post back momentarily.

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by LazloZeLlama, 20 October 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Another night, another bunch of possible clues. Like all my other posts, I am unsure if these will actually help, but I have not seen any mention of these and at this point I believe that any new findings should be welcomed.  With that being said I explored the down town area by air and land, and these are the things I've found. Logging into my Social Club, I believe that I lost a couple due to the cloud issues today. But since I can't remember what they may have been I may have been imagining things or they were ust really stupid. Nonetheless,

I found a map of the top floor of the FIB building ( the room you can see if you break open the sunroof )in the Merryweather docks area.

http://socialclub.ro...4NUeG0UYOZG_hYg

But the more intriguing thing I found at the MerryWeather docks is this door,

http://socialclub.ro...z_0mVDwj0MUDu6A

The picture itself is bad, which is what lead to what I found interesting about it. I approached it as I haven't seen a door similar to it and I found out it has a cross shaped key hole. But when I went to walk a little closer to get a slightly better picture, I walked into the door and they actually pushed open. Come to think of it, I took a picture of the contents of the room that must've been one of the things photos that didn't save. 

This second discovery I made today was this. On my way to Michael's helipad, I tried cutting through a junk yard, only to find out the wall at the other side was too high and had barbed wire, so instead of just retracing my steps , I decide to run along the side and try to find another area to climb out of by jumping off a roof or something. When I stumbled across this.

http://socialclub.ro...I40yzXRArtr416Q

"Put a herring in it" Could it maybe be a clue to lead us back to something that's been ruled out? And what could "it" be?

Finally, something I believe to be related to this is this garage.

http://socialclub.ro...yq0mRrTig_0HAkQ

As I was walking by it it opened. But I don't remember that garage being used for anything. ( and don't shoot down my post because of this ) but maybe with the writing of the herring in the junkyard could it be telling us to place the space docker in there?

Anyways, that's all. I hope I helped out in someway.

PowerOver9K
  • PowerOver9K

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by PowerOver9K, 20 October 2013 - 03:15 AM.

And, if the orientation of the mural and the hippy camps little hill are correct, it looks like the 2 pieces make a UFO. Notice the eye @ the top of Chiliad may represent that weird light ball on the bottom of the zancudo UFO. Also, I believe that flipping Chilliad instead of the little hill is correct due to the suns' that appear on each side of it representing sunrise and sunset. Again, just an opinion @ this point however logical it may seem.

You're onto something. What symbol would each box contain if we flip the mural and inlay the symbols. 

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

Has anyone tried looking at the chiliad UFO from the observatory thru a telescope? Chiliad is visible from there.

Yes I tried but by the time I got to the observatory it was morning and the thunderstorm stopped lol

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Has anyone found a way to get under the airport? The one with michaels hangar or whatever. Everytime i try to fly under the map the lake destroys my chopper. I honestly think theres something at the airport. Its a big piece of the map we havent found anything at.

canthavespam
  • canthavespam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

my 2 cents(ps sorry there are tooooo many pages to read through)

anyone try doing the invincible cheat for 24 hours? (roughly 30 minutes irl) then waiting by the elevator in the fort (or in it) to see if anything happens... i tried at 3am but nothing...

lastly IMO perhaps another theory... maybe its not a jetpack and its just a superman type icon (yanno with a cape).. use super jump cheat and or low gravity cheat under the ufo at the MTN? unless thats been done or tried too...

maybe space docker with moon gravity and launch up to the ufo?

perhaps a secret is to get into the ship without "glitching into it"

hell maybe its a dlc thing and we've been over looking for awhile and doing stuff that works but since we dont have that dlc yet its why we think nothing works right yet?

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

And, if the orientation of the mural and the hippy camps little hill are correct, it looks like the 2 pieces make a UFO. Notice the eye @ the top of Chiliad may represent that weird light ball on the bottom of the zancudo UFO. Also, I believe that flipping Chilliad instead of the little hill is correct due to the suns' that appear on each side of it representing sunrise and sunset. Again, just an opinion @ this point however logical it may seem.

You're onto something. What symbol would each box contain if we flip the mural and inlay the symbols. 

Its a possibility. But, @ this point the honest answer would be no I'm not. As I stated earlier I've known about the shadows and the first thought I had after was to pull up the mural and see if it spoke to me. Sho nuff it did in the exact form I posted earlier. I'm not joking when I say that I've literally racked my mind every which way but loose in regards to piecing it all together. I do believe its relevant but @ this point in the hunt I have no concrete "paths connecting". @ first I just wanted to bypass the bs on the forums and solve it myself. However, after keeping tabs on this thread for quite sometime I've found somewhat of a glimmer in the crowd reminiscent of how the forums used to be back in the day and have decided to share my findings and join in the fun with all you crazy bastards. ;)

Jsbalabon
  • Jsbalabon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Alright everyone before any one get peeved at me. I will say I'm not at 100% as of yet. However I have been still searching and testing theories. If you do have to be 100% to solve this then its been for nothing. However I also think that theres a possibility that "come back when your story is complete." refers to the main story line. So anyways I have some thoughts. Figured someone who is 100% could check out. Apologizes if anyone has said any of them I tried to be thorough on checking before posting. 

1. There is a bank in Vinewood near or next to the Chinese theater I believe. You can go into this bank, which has a complete second floor. and if you use super jump you can hop the tell wall and go to the basement which has a vault. The map also appears to show an area behind the vault door. (I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but interior maps only show actual areas that enterable.

2. Is also a bank this bank is near the custom shop that Franklin can  purchase. This too is enterable and has a bank vault. (I have literally tried walking into every building I can find that seemed to have any merit. Found many open doors. :( no jetpack) 

3. If you lay the mural over the map turn in 90 degrees counter clockwise and lay it over little seoul the roads very much so match the drawing. Including the "Mountain shape" which would start with the building next to the skate park where I am talking. Notice also the road that skews down and up similar the the line below the easter egg that connects the ufo and jet pack. (Again not 100% but have scoured this area for anything relevant. Where the egg would be is Chicken fast food joint Pluckin something.

4. In testing my Little Seoul theory I found a glitch in the tunnel of the Del porro freeway tunnel. If you try to walk up to the 3rd door on the left in the tunnel if your starting from the city heading what I am calling in game east. You will fall through into whatever anyone wants to call it. Eventually you fall and reappear wherever you would be up on the surface. I did however fall (haven't been able to make happen again.) and as I was falling through what seemed like forever plus I had a parachute. I floated below del perro pier and all of sudden it snowed in blue hell. Before I could take a pic my fall ended and appeared on the beach next to the pier. 

5. I have literally travelled in every feasible part of the waters around Los Santos in the submarine and nearly went nuts. Still no jetpack :( BTW I used the Cargo bob at sandy shores airfield and Idk if anyone else has noticed but a submarine spawns next to trevors hanger almost all of the time its in a fenced in area on dry land. However with a cargo bob you can pick it up and take it wherever. I used it to investigate Alamo sea another sad let down as I did not float out into the air in a jetpack :(

6. Has anyone noticed that all these symbols all over the place relate to astrology. Has anyone tried figuring out constellations and see if they can find them in the night sky. Maybe to navigate or to locate something. "Shoot for the stars", the reference to the seti sattelite signal, the fact that the infinite 8 actually looks like greek letters that are used heavily in astronomy, The omega symbol used, the three lines between the sun and moon that everyone says mean 3 am. I know it coincides with the ufo sightings but what if it means equivalent to thats what 3 lines like that means "equivalent". Maybe an eclipse or maybe the sun and moon can be at the same spot and still work for e.g. 3am for moon 3pm for sun. 

7. The prison for me is something I'm stuck on as well. Just seems weird and what is that J shaped trench next to the prison for? Or why I can't go around the Humane lab place without the whole law enforcement community coming down on me. Yet I can walk all through the noose grounds with even raising an eyebrow. Weird.

8. Someone said that with the 4th hitchhiker the autruist try to sacrifice trevor. Has anyone tried to make it happen. Doesn't say something about he will rise or something like that. Maybe he needs to be sacrificed and maybe it doesn't work. Havent done this yet so I have no idea what that mission plays out like. 

9. The space docker seems important..... Why does it float a little ways? Why all the stuff all over it? What about the crazy horn? Or the the poles that look like lightning rods? What if this space docker needs to be energized by lighting or something crazy and it makes it fly longer. I mean its called the space docker. (I know someone referred to this being a reference to a sex maneuver, but when has R* not named crucial things something obscene.) Im just saying Dock it in space...

10. Has anyone notice the Zancudo farm in Pelleto bay next to the cluckin bell factory. Has Zancudo on the side. I believe I have only seen this on one other thing. Still seems weird.

11. The hippy camp which everyone seems to dismiss and only refer to it as a place to find one of the UFO's and the mini ufo on top of the car. However does anyone notice the weird reflective rectangles that look like windows in the smaller hill opposite the mini ufo. Looks like a ufo buried and those are windows. Or they are where the projection comes from for what everyone says is a projection of ufo. Again seems weird. While I'm talking about the hippy camp what about the people that always say "I think the mayans had it right" every time. Back to my time and space theory what if this refers to the suns position or stars.

12.  Anyone ever followed the red arrows in the desert near the hippy camp. You know the two on top of the cement pillars. Well if you follow the direction they lead you, from one pillar to the second pillar and then to the liquor store sign, which if you follow where that leads takes you to the ammunation which also has a red arrow on the front this pointing the same way which points the red arrow on the broke down motel which also has a red arrow on the sign pointing downwards. Anyways not sure if anything, but weird that following these details just happen to take me that far. 

13. I also agree the ampitheater seems strange on top of that there are two of them.

14. the Krontz or whatever museum another weird location. the fountain has an all seeing eye and it just calls out I'm hiding something. 

15. Also has anyone explored the underground maze of a tunnel that leads from the Idk what you call the sewer river basins. Theres a tunnel connected to one of them that leads all the way to under the Union repository. I know this is used for that heist however if you explore it, it is very details inside there and it goes for a long ways. It also goes directly underneath the prenis building. 

16. My little seoul idea led me down the sewer outlet by the del perro pier which if you follow around eventually you find an underground area that has what looks like a sewer maitenence area fenced in. You can knock down the fence, but it stopped me from climbing the ledge. But here there is a spiral staircase that leads up. Maybe I need 100% to get there. IDK.

Sorry the extensiveness and length of this. I have just spent countless times thinking of these theories and I cant truly rule them out myself yet not being 100% yet. 

justathought
  • justathought

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi guys, I've been following this thread for a little while now and firstly i got to say how amazed I am at the work being put into the various theories posted, testing and debunking them. Well done! 

This is all done at 100% so DOES contain the outcome of some of the segments of the game, I've covered up the big nasty spoilers but a few bits are still there!!

Having read a lot of the theories and taking a wander since 100% completion (checklist only), I feel I have a theory which may be worth checking out. The initial idea came from reading another thread post which suggests that the mural is representative of the "path" you take in the game rather than a lay over or literal map. That coupled with a lot of other good leads and debunked theories listed in the various threads got me thinking…so here is the theory. And by all means, please pick it apart!  

In a nutshell, I believe the mural at the top of Mt. Chiliad is sort of a circuit map. If we trace the lines from the eye to the bottom, we can either end up at the UFO, the Egg or the Jetpack. If we trace the lines to either the UFO or Jetpack there are 5 boxes containing red X's. 

Now this is where I feel the theory that the map is representative of the players journey comes in, in that the 5 boxes relate to the 5 Kill or Spare missions the characters face in the game which end mission arcs. 

- Abigail Mathers

- Beverly 

- Actor guy (Nigels missions)

- Letter Scraps guy

- Dr. Friedlander

I've racked my mind and can't think of any other instances where the player can Kill or Spare at the end of mission arc, however this is where picking apart is needed as if there are more or less than 5 then this can probably be thrown in the theory bin. 

From that point onwards, if we Kill or Spare the right combination potentially we will get a UFO, the Easter Egg and the Jetpack, however I don't think that's the sum of it. At the end of the game,

Spoiler

The reasoning which may support the idea is firstly, as mentioned in another thread, GTA needs to autosave things to record progress. A small example of this would bet 'The Meltdown' poster in Michaels house which appears after the premiere. I feel that in order to obtain the Jetpack/ UFO/ Egg, the work needs to be done BEFORE completing the game 100%. 

Secondly, the reason we are all seeing the UFO's above Fort Zacundo, on top of Chiliad etc could be that they ARE the Easter Eggs. If we look at the mural, you'll notice that the line going from the eye to the egg is straight and therefore if we trigger the wrong combination of Kill/Spare's and the wrong ending, we just end up with the Eggs. So, this is assuming no one has chosen the right combination yet… 

Thirdly, every GTA game since Vice City has had SOME form of tangible reward for 100% completion. Granted Franklin gets a t-shirt, it would explain why the end result for collecting 50 letter scraps was simply to Kill or Spare someone. As a stand alone mission arc, it's utterly pointless carrying with it no financial reward for traipsing around San Andreas. This would equally go for the submarine parts and potentially even Dr. Friedlander whom you even have to pay to activate his missions. 

More tenuous reasoning to this theory would be that in an earlier mission Dave Norton proclaims the FIB have got something on their radar "off the richter scale". Personally for me, this had UFO written all over it. Coupled with the appearance of UFO's with FIB markings at the end of the game…it would seem doing what the FIB want along with getting the right combination of KIll and Spare's would lead to said UFO.

The opposite could be said regarding the Jetpack. If you picked the 'third way' at the end of the game, you'd have received a message from Don Percival stating Devon Western had a stake in Merryweather. Earlier in the game we steal a super weapon from Merryweather (someone in another thread did hint that the items in the heist were the UFO / Jetpack). So perhaps achieving the right combo of Kill / Spare along with doing what Devon Western wanted and

Spoiler
, would lead to the Jetpack reward. (Devon gives back what Trevor gave back what he stole?).

Further, FURTHER, conspiring also lead me to think back to the symbols people had found around Mt. Chiliad which sort of related to the lay over. Now this is REALLY tenuous / farfetched so some definite picking apart here…

The top left Red X is said to match up with an eye and a rain cloud…potentially linked to depression, therapy etc. This would be Dr. Friedlanders Kill or Spare. 

The top right Red X looks like an eye abducting something, which instantly reminded me of the letter scraps and the abduction of Leonora Johnson. 

The eye on it's own could be Beverly and his camera. Maybe...

The other two would be the actor and Abigail Mathers, which could go either way…the picture of Michaels face on the side of the mountain could relate to him being the one to Kill or Spare Abigail, or the face could actually be the actors and not Michaels which would tie in a little more to the idea of celebrity faces being plastered everywhere. The eye and the moon personally for me falls into Abigails category more, VERY tenuously her covering up her obvious guilt…hiding things…shadows, mystery, etc. As i say, tenuous. Also as a footnote the whole eye thing and Killing and Sparing could fall into the whole "eye for an eye" metaphor, stipulating that the letter scraps guy definitely deserves to die, and maybe the actor wouldn't? 

To test this theory though, we'd need to complete the game 100% 75 times (this is the part people stop caring about this theory...), 25 times with each different ending, and in theory 2 or 3 people should get SOME result. The other alternative is to look at the mural, decipher which Kill or Spare missions correlate to which boxes and try to use it as a guide, given some are clear X's and some are /'s, perhaps the dashes are Spare and the X are kill? 

Anyway, sorry for the huge essay and I hope at the very least this offers you all an interesting read to obtain the extras! Having been around Fort Zacudo, seen the UFO above the fort, been in the control tower and seen a health pack at the top alongside a mini gun (if you just wanted the mini gun you'd run in get killed and spawn at the hospital with it?) I do think there is some link to it all! For the record, I chose the third option, Killed: Letter Scraps, Beverly, Dr. Friedlander, Actor Guy and spared Abigail Mathers (hoping for some more cash). 

Also, apologies to the guy above me having just posted his theory too! Read both!

ChrisKO49
  • ChrisKO49

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by ChrisKO49, 20 October 2013 - 04:19 AM.

I havnt really been following this thread but ive poked in a few times to see if any progress has been made. i was playing online one day and camme across this drawn in the sand

0_0.jpg

http://socialclub.ro...GSkO8b52PaxampQ

not sure if its relevant at all but the location is there if anyone wants to see it and explore the area more themselves.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Mat

Go back a few pages and take a look at my last posts in this thread... Feel free to add to my experience afterwards! It's a strange place.

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Mat

Go back a few pages and take a look at my last posts in this thread... Feel free to add to my experience afterwards! It's a strange place.

mat_lax, homie, I think you found the piece we been lookin for.

10374688063_44df558ae1_o.jpg

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I realized that the line drawing of the so-called jetpack in the mural reminds me of something.

It looks very similar to the symbol for a person walking that you see on road signs and lights--for example (in the U.S.), those yellow, diamond-shaped pedestrian crossing signs, or the walk symbol in crosswalk lights. If you do a google image search for “pedestrian,” it should turn up immediately.

As always, if this is redundant please tell me. But I did search for “pedestrian,” “walk signal,” and “crosswalk” in the forum. There were a few old posts in other threads that mentioned crosswalk signs and the slightly unusual shape of the stick figure on the crosswalk “walk” button in the GTA V trailer, but I didn’t see anything related to the Chiliad mural. The word “pedestrian” doesn’t show up in this thread at all (until now).

So maybe the jetpack is not a person flying in a jetpack. Maybe it’s a pedestrian. Or a flying pedestrian? Or a pedestrian with something on his back? Or maybe it indicates the “pedestrian crossing” symbol itself. (Someone a couple of weeks ago thought it meant “hiker,” but the similar icon for hiker always includes a walking stick.) Or maybe it means nothing. But at any rate, the “jetpack” figure does look very similar to the official street sign icon for pedestrian.

I have a few more thoughts about this. There’s one mission in particular that might be relevant. But I want to check some things first...

PowerOver9K
  • PowerOver9K

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hi guys, I've been following this thread for a little while now and firstly i got to say how amazed I am at the work being put into the various theories posted, testing and debunking them. Well done! 

This is all done at 100% so DOES contain the outcome of some of the segments of the game, I've covered up the big nasty spoilers but a few bits are still there!!

Having read a lot of the theories and taking a wander since 100% completion (checklist only), I feel I have a theory which may be worth checking out. The initial idea came from reading another thread post which suggests that the mural is representative of the "path" you take in the game rather than a lay over or literal map. That coupled with a lot of other good leads and debunked theories listed in the various threads got me thinking…so here is the theory. And by all means, please pick it apart!  

In a nutshell, I believe the mural at the top of Mt. Chiliad is sort of a circuit map. If we trace the lines from the eye to the bottom, we can either end up at the UFO, the Egg or the Jetpack. If we trace the lines to either the UFO or Jetpack there are 5 boxes containing red X's. 

Now this is where I feel the theory that the map is representative of the players journey comes in, in that the 5 boxes relate to the 5 Kill or Spare missions the characters face in the game which end mission arcs. 

- Abigail Mathers

- Beverly 

- Actor guy (Nigels missions)

- Letter Scraps guy

- Dr. Friedlander

I've racked my mind and can't think of any other instances where the player can Kill or Spare at the end of mission arc, however this is where picking apart is needed as if there are more or less than 5 then this can probably be thrown in the theory bin. 

From that point onwards, if we Kill or Spare the right combination potentially we will get a UFO, the Easter Egg and the Jetpack, however I don't think that's the sum of it. At the end of the game,

Spoiler

The reasoning which may support the idea is firstly, as mentioned in another thread, GTA needs to autosave things to record progress. A small example of this would bet 'The Meltdown' poster in Michaels house which appears after the premiere. I feel that in order to obtain the Jetpack/ UFO/ Egg, the work needs to be done BEFORE completing the game 100%. 

Secondly, the reason we are all seeing the UFO's above Fort Zacundo, on top of Chiliad etc could be that they ARE the Easter Eggs. If we look at the mural, you'll notice that the line going from the eye to the egg is straight and therefore if we trigger the wrong combination of Kill/Spare's and the wrong ending, we just end up with the Eggs. So, this is assuming no one has chosen the right combination yet… 

Thirdly, every GTA game since Vice City has had SOME form of tangible reward for 100% completion. Granted Franklin gets a t-shirt, it would explain why the end result for collecting 50 letter scraps was simply to Kill or Spare someone. As a stand alone mission arc, it's utterly pointless carrying with it no financial reward for traipsing around San Andreas. This would equally go for the submarine parts and potentially even Dr. Friedlander whom you even have to pay to activate his missions. 

More tenuous reasoning to this theory would be that in an earlier mission Dave Norton proclaims the FIB have got something on their radar "off the richter scale". Personally for me, this had UFO written all over it. Coupled with the appearance of UFO's with FIB markings at the end of the game…it would seem doing what the FIB want along with getting the right combination of KIll and Spare's would lead to said UFO.

The opposite could be said regarding the Jetpack. If you picked the 'third way' at the end of the game, you'd have received a message from Don Percival stating Devon Western had a stake in Merryweather. Earlier in the game we steal a super weapon from Merryweather (someone in another thread did hint that the items in the heist were the UFO / Jetpack). So perhaps achieving the right combo of Kill / Spare along with doing what Devon Western wanted and

Spoiler
, would lead to the Jetpack reward. (Devon gives back what Trevor gave back what he stole?).

Further, FURTHER, conspiring also lead me to think back to the symbols people had found around Mt. Chiliad which sort of related to the lay over. Now this is REALLY tenuous / farfetched so some definite picking apart here…

The top left Red X is said to match up with an eye and a rain cloud…potentially linked to depression, therapy etc. This would be Dr. Friedlanders Kill or Spare. 

The top right Red X looks like an eye abducting something, which instantly reminded me of the letter scraps and the abduction of Leonora Johnson. 

The eye on it's own could be Beverly and his camera. Maybe...

The other two would be the actor and Abigail Mathers, which could go either way…the picture of Michaels face on the side of the mountain could relate to him being the one to Kill or Spare Abigail, or the face could actually be the actors and not Michaels which would tie in a little more to the idea of celebrity faces being plastered everywhere. The eye and the moon personally for me falls into Abigails category more, VERY tenuously her covering up her obvious guilt…hiding things…shadows, mystery, etc. As i say, tenuous. Also as a footnote the whole eye thing and Killing and Sparing could fall into the whole "eye for an eye" metaphor, stipulating that the letter scraps guy definitely deserves to die, and maybe the actor wouldn't? 

To test this theory though, we'd need to complete the game 100% 75 times (this is the part people stop caring about this theory...), 25 times with each different ending, and in theory 2 or 3 people should get SOME result. The other alternative is to look at the mural, decipher which Kill or Spare missions correlate to which boxes and try to use it as a guide, given some are clear X's and some are /'s, perhaps the dashes are Spare and the X are kill? 

Anyway, sorry for the huge essay and I hope at the very least this offers you all an interesting read to obtain the extras! Having been around Fort Zacudo, seen the UFO above the fort, been in the control tower and seen a health pack at the top alongside a mini gun (if you just wanted the mini gun you'd run in get killed and spawn at the hospital with it?) I do think there is some link to it all! For the record, I chose the third option, Killed: Letter Scraps, Beverly, Dr. Friedlander, Actor Guy and spared Abigail Mathers (hoping for some more cash). 

Also, apologies to the guy above me having just posted his theory too! Read both!

Your kill or spare idea especially the part about the X's and /'s is very interesting...

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

I re-looked at the mural today and noticed a pattern with the number of red lines coming out of things:

2 lines - from the bottom of the eye
3 lines - from the ufo
4 lines - from the jetpack
5 lines - from the top of the eye

Probably meaningless, but since the number of lines on moon glyph indicated 3 am, thought it's worth mentioning (heck, probably was already discovered, so I'm asking if it fits any theories)

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I re-looked at the mural today and noticed a pattern with the number of red lines coming out of things:
2 lines - from the bottom of the eye
3 lines - from the ufo
4 lines - from the jetpack
5 lines - from the top of the eye
Probably meaningless, but since the number of lines on moon glyph indicated 3 am, thought it's worth mentioning (heck, probably was already discovered, so I'm asking if it fits any theories)

One far fetched theory:
The lines indicate a process you need to perform, with each number giving the time.
The only one we figured out is the ufo part, 3 lines here = 3 am (matches..) but maybe we need to do something first involving the eye at 2 am and then get the jetpack at 4 am..

GothamDiesel
  • GothamDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Anyone mention the painting of a yellow sun on the red barn in grapeseed right next the the methlab you torched with trevor, could be another ufo location that has to do with weather. Also I noticed what looked to be a cartoon style skull formation of a cliff near the ltd gas station in grapeseed. You can see it by standing on the metal shed across the street and looking between the trees to the right. It is better defined when the sun is at a certain angle, also noticed weird creature like patterns the sides of cliffs and mtns but could be im experiencing apophenia or this search for the jet pack is messing with me

jarriix
  • jarriix

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

About the crate with the lock. I have been to the camp numerous times and spent countless hours there and have never seen this, especially in the spot from the picture. I'm at 100% but I can never get the camp to trigger when I pick up hitchhikers so I've yet to complete the whole minor quest with Trevor. I'm not sure how to trigger this if someone could help me. I've done it twice using taxi customers but it won't do it for me anymore. This has got to be something.

philosifizer
  • philosifizer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:55 AM Edited by philosifizer, 20 October 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Ok so i used some Anagram solvers online to try to find something with the "Segregate and Rearrange.

ive tried:

Segregate

Rearrange

Segregate and rearrange

segregate Rearange

I used 5 different programs but absolutly no real words can be made with any combination or single word, except for Segregate, wich is anagram for Easter Egg, BUT funnily enough easter egg is the Only word segregate can be made into.

I find it weired that they used the word segregate ((how many times have you actually seen someone use it)), they could have used a hundred different words like divide or seperate but they chose segregate....what im thinking is that they chose to use this specific synonym to tell us that it is indeed a clue to the puzzle and that we need to figure out WHAT we need to divide and rearrange. Divide/Seperate/Segregate sounds like it implies something being seperated into just 2 pieces but it could also mean many pieces who knows

I was thinking possibly the Mural itself needs to be cut up and rearranged with itself, i noticed it looks like a few of the Xs on the mural are only a slash instead of a full x, maybe when the mural is rearranged we have to make 2 slashes into a real x, or at the very least there has to be some significance to them not being full Xs.

Or maybe the UFO, or something on the ufo is what we need to rearrange, and there has to be something were supposed to do with the ufo since its the only one ive seen that you actually able to land on weather it tries to kill you or not lol and since theres reference to the easter egg written on it i think we were supposed to be able to land on/interact with the ufo in some way, how else would we have been able to find the writing on it. and the UFOs dont just fade in and out when you get close to or away from them, they start to get that broken tv look to them before dissapearing wich i think it means its and actual cloaking device there using, wich might mean that the first ufo might not be a hologram...tho other evidence still suggests it is lol

Also i do not believe that the choices we make ingame have any bearing on the mystery at all as it goes directly against the Open World concept as a whole.

Especialy the Grand theft auto series which has ALWAYS been about doing what you want, when you want, how you want and killing WHOEVER you want in the process. i do not believe they would make the biggest secret in the game only accesible by following a rigid, set way of playing and open world game, especially one made by R* lol 

@I havent seen anyone in any of the topics talking about the ring of symbols that surround the hippie camp, did these lead to nothing early on and thats why they havent been mentioned?

@I remember someone also found something talking about something being sent first and crashing into a wave and something being lost with it i tried to find the exact quote again but dont know where it went, sounds and awful lot like the ufo crshing into the ocean as it is the FIRST ufo your able to see as you dont need 100% to find it. I know people have scoured it but maybe somethings still there cuz it seems to be pointing to it. Maybe the frozen alienis the alien from the crashed ufo who had to bail out of the ufo before it made its way into the ocean so maybe theres something in coomon with the 2 sites

And lastly i think getting alot of the information we have consolidated into one location would help immensly, divided up between confirmed, debunked, plausible, unlikly and stuff like that wich i also think would stop a little of the merry go round weve been on with the same thing said over and over, if they could just at least read the first page they could see if maybe its already been said.

Maybe a few ppl who have a post on the front page can begin dragging it all out front and then after that begin arranging it and a timely order

~Good luck with the hunt everyone~

Alons-y

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Where's Shafttwonetwo or GtaMan(guy/dude?) when you need them?

We need a clue here.

Shaft: I could not find any suits or scientists at the observatory as one of you'r posts alluded to, i tried all 3 characters at different times of the day, the most obvious being between 10-11:00. Also, i searched every mountain for a rock formation that looked like an eye w/an arrow next to it made from 4 rocks, nothing. How's about a more straightforward clue? i don't want a how to guide, just something more substantial to go off of, or was u trollin?

GtaMan: i have caught all of you're greatest hits, all your best hints across the various message boards and you seem more reliable in the clue/hint department, so how's about another, we sure could use it?

Trolls or not, you're clues/hints have had me seeing more of GTAV's world than i probably would have seen while playing cops and Robbers and blowing stuff up instead.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users