Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

As far as I know this has not been proven.  Fort Z and the FIB UFO all have their own strings, not related to the downtown UFO.  Furthermore, why would they name them "Downtown UFO" when they aren't even remotely close to downtown?

It's been said for weeks now, we need to look downtown for another UFO.  Why would R* put a UFO everywhere else on the map, but not on the part of the map where content is more concentrated?  There's a UFO downtown and it hasn't been found because we have focused our search everywhere else EXCEPT downtown.

As a community I strongly believe we've made this entire mystery way more complicated than it was ever meant to be.  R* wouldn't put this much work into the mystery.

There's either nothing else to discover, or we're overlooked the obvious.

I have looked over downtown a lot and I know other people on here have too. Even if this weren't true, as soon as the Zancudo and Hippy camp UFOs were found there must have been thousands upon thousands of people searching the skies for another one. I find it hard to believe that another UFO could have been missed, unless it required very specific conditions to find or something else needed to be done to make it appear.

and again what benjamoose has found are the images/decals of the ufo's over fort z and the hippy camp. nothing more nothing less. if you want to know why they are placed inside downtown folders then ask R*

I don't think this is the case?

The strings I found refer to way more than just "textures". Maybe they somehow do link to the other UFOs, but they were referencing movement and other such things.

Not just textures.

Not only that but the term "specialfloaty" as has been pointed out, refers to the UFO content in general, not a specific two textures.

And even if that was the case, if it's another FIB UFO it'd undoubtedly use the same texture anyway.

You seem to be missing the point.

I know exactly what my point was. :-/
Maybe you don't think it's significant... but judging from this message I'm guessing you just didn't get it. Not a big deal! Don't worry about it. I'll keep doing my thing, but there are any number of fun ways to read the game. Don't let my ideas bring you down, just let 'em fly on by.

I meant MY point.

I'm not saying your idea was ludicrous, what I'm saying is the mountain was already named before this game existed. Therefore it's name is very unlikely to be related to the mystery.

The concept of it referring to 1000 years being related isn't too much of a stretch, but given Mount Chiliad preexists GTAV, I'd say it's safe to say it was not intended to be linked.

Luizi
  • Luizi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just a crazy idea : 

We have fuel in this gta to burn down things. Been looking in the game files and it's full of Decal and Burnt_Decal reference to textures.

What if some of the glyphs, or other spots change in appearance when burned ?

That could be possible. I would start trying with the faded one. Maybe you can make it complete if you burn it? i would try this myself, but i'm not at home right now.

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

As far as I know this has not been proven.  Fort Z and the FIB UFO all have their own strings, not related to the downtown UFO.  Furthermore, why would they name them "Downtown UFO" when they aren't even remotely close to downtown?

It's been said for weeks now, we need to look downtown for another UFO.  Why would R* put a UFO everywhere else on the map, but not on the part of the map where content is more concentrated?  There's a UFO downtown and it hasn't been found because we have focused our search everywhere else EXCEPT downtown.

As a community I strongly believe we've made this entire mystery way more complicated than it was ever meant to be.  R* wouldn't put this much work into the mystery.

There's either nothing else to discover, or we're overlooked the obvious.

I have looked over downtown a lot and I know other people on here have too. Even if this weren't true, as soon as the Zancudo and Hippy camp UFOs were found there must have been thousands upon thousands of people searching the skies for another one. I find it hard to believe that another UFO could have been missed, unless it required very specific conditions to find or something else needed to be done to make it appear.

and again what benjamoose has found are the images/decals of the ufo's over fort z and the hippy camp. nothing more nothing less. if you want to know why they are placed inside downtown folders then ask R*

What he found was not the same file as the Downtown UFO string.  It was a different file.  I'm not sure why you're attempting to link the two.

I'll say it again, if there's nothing downtown, this mystery is already solved.  The mural has been gone over with a fine tooth comb.  We're not missing anything else with the other UFOs.  There's no strings or files that even hint at the Fort doors being able to be opened.

It's arguments like yours that are the reason our attention has been placed on things like are irrelevant or don't matter, like shooting for the stars, or the stupid hatch.  R* would not make the mystery this complicated.  A UFO in downtown could easily be overlooked.  Very easily.  There's so much congestion and light pollution there, and some many things to distract one from searching.  R* would not name the Fort/FBI UFOs as "Downtown UFO" when they have their own separate files/strings and they're not even close to downtown.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

ouch -.-

again these is a file from the downtown files check the filename(left box in the screenshot) with the ones in the level1.txt

VKGgIjp.jpg

besides that image there is also the hippy camp ufo textures -.-
  • Benjamoose likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by Grumbledore, 19 October 2013 - 07:47 PM.

to make it more specific:

gta5\_citye\downtown_01\dt1_tc_rpf\dt1_tc_dufo.xtd

.xtd files are texture files for 360 (.xdr files are texture containers too but different ones and not viewable for the ps3 version (.cdr))
.ctd files are texture files for ps3

you can open em with dangerons GTA V Console Texture Editor.

i have been digging arround game files for a week or more now and got quite a good understanding about the structures there.

textures of dt1_tc_dufo.ctd:
http://i.imgur.com/bfVyD8u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o1Mq8Wj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gG7pdky.jpg

you can see the file actually opened in the screens for the light. on the right side of the import button...
  • Benjamoose likes this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

@Grumbledore Actually that image from the file is in this video from sakis25.

Here:

It makes me wonder if there is something bigger?

Even these sounds from @Mokiki

Hey all. I thought I'd try to figure this out before posting it here, but I think I've hit a wall with it and need others' advice. I found the sounds the Zancudo UFO makes a bit strange and repeating, so I sat on top of it for around 8-9 minutes just recording the sound, no music or sfx clogging it up, direct line in. I then put the sound into Ableton Live and put the sound clip into Izotope Iris to get a spectrogram of the sound.
What I got was fairly interesting. I believe there is a coded message in the sound pattern the UFO makes. It plays 2 low blaring G notes and then a high pitched note afterward, which then repeats with different high pitched frequency every time. It comes out to what looks like something hidden in the audio.

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Just to add srry for the double posting. He had these images

http://imgur.com/6pSolZ4

http://imgur.com/LmHZF3p

http://imgur.com/ohxrbcG

http://imgur.com/iahR9PR

Interesting to be honest.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by stangone50, 19 October 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Listen guys about the glyphs . The other day I thought we had confirmed we had found 4 of the 5 glyphs . Now the one that was found the other day i was told had hald a moon/sun above it or under it ? I still have not seen a picture of this . I was also told it was just part of the half washed glyph .. This glyph from the other day is a completely new glyph . I just went around and inspected 5 seperate glyphs ,all in different locations . God dam social club is not letting me take pics though .
I took this pic myself with very close to all 5 locations marked .
Im thinkin the mural is not facing west like everyone said .Everyone has been looking on the west lower part of the mountain for the last glyph . The POIs i made do not really look like the mural BUT if drawn in a 3d version they could very well match up .
Now if a 3d overlay was done this way the ufo would probably line up with the one in the ocean , the egg would be in paletto bay and the jetpack somewhere close to the bottom of the cable car .Someone really good with 3d images could make a rendering where all glyphs line up and almost pinpoint the 2 entrance/exit lines .
From top to bottom POI
1-solid eye glyph (not the one under the platform )
2-half washed glyph
3-cloud/rain glyph
4-mountain /radio antenna glyph
5-moon glyph
7FqPsik.jpg
Also if this is right the 3 clues on the right side were used to find the ufo . Its the 2 missing on the left side that we need to know what they mean .
Guys tell me if your with me on this post???
  • flybwoy and NinjAAA4 like this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Interesting to say. Great find btw. But if anyone is wondering why my post was out of wack. I'm on my PS3, It has limitations with forums. But my only way of accessing the internet right now.

Luizi
  • Luizi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Just a side note and completely offtopic. Guys when you post pics with pois. can you please put that cross what is on the map on top of the poi. That way it is much easier to find that place, and zoom out the map so you can see atleast one road with a curve. that way it's much easier to find exact location :)

• Grumbledore likes this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 19 October 2013 - 08:47 PM.

New stuff:

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_asteroid_01.xdr :

kmJizzUrkmRizhU_kMB
prop_asteroid_01.
Prop_Asteroid_01
asteroid_01_d
asteroid_01_s
asteroid_01_n

Does anyone recall anywhere where an asteroid model was used? If not this could be interesting.

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_biotech_store.xdr :

Prop_Biotech_Bone_01
prop_biotech_store.
prop_metal_pipe_01n
prop_metal_pipe_01
Prop_Biotech_Store
Prop_metal_Grey2
Prop_Bio_store_s
Prop_Bio_store

Biotech store? What does this refer to? Perhaps an internal name for a common store?

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_egg_clock_01.xdr :

Egg_Clock_Minute_Hand
prop_base_white_full
Egg_Clock_Hour_Hand
prop_egg_clock_01.
Prop_Egg_Clock_01
prop_egg_clock

I forget. Was the egg under the chicken a clock? If not, what clock does this refer to?

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_sky_cover_01.xdr :

prop_chrome_dirty_02
prop_sky_cover_01.
PROP_SKY_COVER_01

Probably nothing. But I put it here anyway.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Grumbledore, 19 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

New stuff:

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_asteroid_01.xdr :

kmJizzUrkmRizhU_kMB
prop_asteroid_01.
Prop_Asteroid_01
asteroid_01_d
asteroid_01_s
asteroid_01_n

Does anyone recall anywhere where an asteroid model was used? If not this could be interesting.

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_biotech_store.xdr :

Prop_Biotech_Bone_01
prop_biotech_store.
prop_metal_pipe_01n
prop_metal_pipe_01
Prop_Biotech_Store
Prop_metal_Grey2
Prop_Bio_store_s
Prop_Bio_store

Biotech store? What does this refer to? Perhaps an internal name for a common store?

Egg_Clock_Minute_Hand
prop_base_white_full
Egg_Clock_Hour_Hand
prop_egg_clock_01.
Prop_Egg_Clock_01
prop_egg_clock

I forget. Was the egg under the chicken a clock? If not, what clock does this refer to?

*** gta5\props\lev_des\lev_des_rpf\prop_sky_cover_01.xdr :

prop_chrome_dirty_02
prop_sky_cover_01.
PROP_SKY_COVER_01

Probably nothing. But I put it here anyway.

biotech = biotech labs?  nvm was humane labs biotech was somewhere else haha sorry

egg is the clock in paleto bay

and as for the asteroid never saw one so far ^^

• Benjamoose likes this

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Guys, I understand that we've hit a brick wal, but if R* intended us to jsut crack open the game and essentially cheat, they'd have told us to in a clue. Imagine how it'll feel when we crack it by cheating, then SEE how we could have done it using nothing but intelligence. It'll be a bad feeling.

• AlabamaFatts likes this

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Listen guys about the glyphs . The other day I thought we had confirmed we had found 4 of the 5 glyphs . Now the one that was found the other day i was told had hald a moon/sun above it or under it ? I still have not seen a picture of this . I was also told it was just part of the half washed glyph .. This glyph from the other day is a completely new glyph . I just went around and inspected 5 seperate glyphs ,all in different locations . God dam social club is not letting me take pics though .
I took this pic myself with very close to all 5 locations marked .
Im thinkin the mural is not facing west like everyone said .Everyone has been looking on the west lower part of the mountain for the last glyph . The POIs i made do not really look like the mural BUT if drawn in a 3d version they could very well match up .
Now if a 3d overlay was done this way the ufo would probably line up with the one in the ocean , the egg would be in paletto bay and the jetpack somewhere close to the bottom of the cable car .Someone really good with 3d images could make a rendering where all glyphs line up and almost pinpoint the 2 entrance/exit lines .
From top to bottom POI
1-solid eye glyph (not the one under the platform )
2-half washed glyph
3-cloud/rain glyph
4-mountain /radio antenna glyph
5-moon glyph
7FqPsik.jpg
Also if this is right the 3 clues on the right side were used to find the ufo . Its the 2 missing on the left side that we need to know what they mean .
Guys tell me if your with me on this post???

Preciate the map mah dude. ;)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Egg_Clock_Minute_Hand
prop_base_white_full
Egg_Clock_Hour_Hand
prop_egg_clock_01.
Prop_Egg_Clock_01
prop_egg_clock

I mentioned this clock a few pages back. The hour hand doesn't work for some reason (unless it's been fixed in a patch)

• Benjamoose likes this

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Egg_Clock_Minute_Hand
prop_base_white_full
Egg_Clock_Hour_Hand
prop_egg_clock_01.
Prop_Egg_Clock_01
prop_egg_clock

I mentioned this clock a few pages back. The hour hand doesn't work for some reason (unless it's been fixed in a patch)

Where is the hour hand @ on the clock? Or just tell me where the clock is and I'll go see for myself.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

This whole thread is full of tenuous links... I know it's not exactly the same, but to compare 'Ready Player One' again, people spend five years searchign with no avail, and then one tiny click gives someone the answer. From there' it's solved within a year, fro mthe beginning. THIS IS NOT THAT HARD. There is no money at stake here. We DO NOT need to tear the game open looking for clues, USE YOUR HEAD. R* set us a challenge, and we're gonna CHEAT? REALLY? The spirit of the hunt is gone... stop rifling through the game and use yer noggin :)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Guys, I understand that we've hit a brick wal, but if R* intended us to jsut crack open the game and essentially cheat, they'd have told us to in a clue. Imagine how it'll feel when we crack it by cheating, then SEE how we could have done it using nothing but intelligence. It'll be a bad feeling.

By all means, use nothing but your intelligence and solve it for us, haha. (this is a light-hearted joke, please don't take offence) But in all seriousness, nothing can actually be 'solved' this way, I think people are just looking to give us some hope that there is still reason to try.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

By all means, use nothing but your intelligence and solve it for us, haha. (this is a light-hearted joke, please don't take offence) But in all seriousness, nothing can actually be 'solved' this way, I think people are just looking to give us some hope that there is still reason to try.

Take the downtown UFO for instance. We ALREADY THOUGHT there was one there. We did that ON OUR OWN. But instead of lookign properly we just too kthe shortcut and now we know for sure, but wouldnt it have been nice to find out when we first saw  the thing?! R* are only human. The hatch tapping was complex but it was still solved using nothing but good old fashioned human intellect. I am not Brian. I won't preach, but I'll debate for the f*cking country.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Where is the hour hand @ on the clock? Or just tell me where the clock is and I'll go see for myself.

It's at 12, but bear in mind I haven't updated my game at all so it could just be a bug that's been fixed. The clock is on some white metalwork on the Town's sign, if you're approaching from the South, it's pretty much the first thing in you come to, on the left hand side.

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

I meant MY point.

Right, OK, but my message about the aliens and dialogue was my commentary, not yours. It’s not about your point. No offense, but you don't even have a point here. You misunderstood what I wrote and then responded (=didn't respond) with irrelevant facts that we already knew.

Obviously the mountain name (and the word itself) existed before GTAV existed. So what. That doesn’t necessarily say anything about any possible meaning or lack of meaning of the word “chiliad” in this game. And it _still_ totally misses the point of what I wrote earlier. Straw man.

You gotta stop thinking like robots, folks!!
Maybe start thinking like aliens and millennials instead...
What Would Jimmy Do?
Cheers!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Has anyone tried looking at the chiliad UFO from the observatory thru a telescope? Chiliad is visible from there.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I meant MY point.

Right, OK, but my message about the aliens and dialogue was my commentary, not yours. It’s not about your point. No offense, but you don't even have a point here. You misunderstood what I wrote and then responded (=didn't respond) with irrelevant facts that we already knew.

Obviously the mountain name (and the word itself) existed before GTAV existed. So what. That doesn’t necessarily say anything about any possible meaning or lack of meaning of the word “chiliad” in this game. And it _still_ totally misses the point of what I wrote earlier. Straw man.

You gotta stop thinking like robots, folks!!
Maybe start thinking like aliens and millennials instead...
What Would Jimmy Do?
Cheers!

Go out.

Buy ancient Aliens box set.

Let Giorgio A. Tsoukalos do your thinking FOR YOU.

Where do you think R* gets their inspiration? From real world conspiracy nutjobs like him XD. We can genuinely learn. Theres even an episode abotu a secret complex in a MOUNTAIN.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Take the downtown UFO for instance. We ALREADY THOUGHT there was one there. We did that ON OUR OWN. But instead of lookign properly we just too kthe shortcut and now we know for sure, but wouldnt it have been nice to find out when we first saw  the thing?! R* are only human. The hatch tapping was complex but it was still solved using nothing but good old fashioned human intellect. I am not Brian. I won't preach, but I'll debate for the f*cking country.

I don't think there is one there and the game files certainly don't prove that there is or isn't. I think it's a bit naive to think we haven't 'looked properly', I shudder to think how much time was spent flying high above the city between everyone who has the game.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

I don't think there is one there and the game files certainly don't prove that there is or isn't. I think it's a bit naive to think we haven't 'looked properly', I shudder to think how much time was spent flying high above the city between everyone who has the game.

But the other UFOs were only found by peopel explicitly investigating them to some degree. To fly at all altitudes in all airspace is impossible, so we need another clue. Also we can minus all those who don't have 100% from that list of flyers.

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Someone mentioned this awhile back and only a few bothered to give it any attention. (as far as I know) However, I strongly believe that this has to do with the Chiliad mural mystery. I don't believe that R* would have went through the trouble to put it in the game had it not had some relevancy. Furthermore, does it not closely resemble the Chiliad mural? I'll let you be the judge of that.

10163319636_3f807d846d_o.jpg

10163251955_8d5ea25815_o.jpg

10163316626_68b135b325_o.jpg

10163375813_73d0549549_o.jpg

• TrueZink, Xx-Starchild-xX and Luizi like this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

@Awolspitfire I'm actually an Ancient Alien nut. Love the show and there are Full free episodes on Youtube even. 

R* does get alot of interest in conspiracies. In fact The illuminati has put secret clues and markings on trees and rocks even. Well the glyphs are a very true thing because it seems to lead somewhere in fact from recent discovery use the glyphs to point the way like an arrow. I love so many theories I wish one could work. :D
  • Awolspitfire likes this

flybwoy
  • flybwoy

RAW

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

It's at 12, but bear in mind I haven't updated my game at all so it could just be a bug that's been fixed. The clock is on some white metalwork on the Town's sign, if you're approaching from the South, it's pretty much the first thing in you come to, on the left hand side.

Thanks bro. I'm fully updated so I'll give it a look. I'll post back here shortly

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Someone mentioned this awhile back and only a few bothered to give it any attention. (as far as I know) However, I strongly believe that this has to do with the Chiliad mural mystery. I don't believe that R* would have went through the trouble to put it in the game had it not had some relevancy. Furthermore, does it not closely resemble the Chiliad mural? I'll let you be the judge of that.

10163319636_3f807d846d_o.jpg

10163251955_8d5ea25815_o.jpg

10163316626_68b135b325_o.jpg

10163375813_73d0549549_o.jpg

Any way to make those boxes line up to the mural?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by Grumbledore, 19 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

dont try to argue with awol it is useless. lucky i cant see his posts. only if someone qoutes them lol

the files located in downtown are textures for the fort z and hippy/chilliad ufo. there might be another one but considering the ambient.ipl (it's for paths and locations) there are only 3 ufo's.

there is still a chance that R* hides another one in other files, but tbh i highly doubt that. and cheating with looking at game files? yeah sure lol without having access to the sourcode we wont find any real clues about what where and when. we can only access images, some ipl/map's and a few scripts. besides that getting the chilliad ufo to spawn is 90% of the time made with using the weather cheat so who cares?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users