Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by stangone50, 19 December 2013 - 12:09 AM.

@above I was franklin. I'll try Michael because apparently the character IS the trigger for what a lot of people say. Also they ARE in auto jumpsuits. I just now realized that

Edit: I guess they are only there at a certain time. I went as Michael at 19:23 and they weren't there.

Edit 2: went as Michael and still nothing was said by them. But they seem to be interested in that tower or something In that area lol

I went at 1130AM Tuesday clear weather , few clouds  but atleast we know it is reoccurring . Sure its nothing but atleast if the file guys ever figure out the trigger files knowing all the triggered events will help out .

We should make a list of these random events .

Thelma louise

Grease

FIBs at the dishes

These asian guys (possibly) 

The trooper She pulls up at the spot where the no country for old men event was . She looks through her binoculars then drives away . 

You guys have any more ?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by stangone50, 19 December 2013 - 12:02 AM.

@MTBB47

You do know that you have to buy the Downtown Cab Co. and do the 'VIP' missions for it to get the special deliveries, right? I don't think the Endless Summer missions will have anything to do with anything.

The VIP customers are the ones that talk to you, and give you numbers/perks/whatever.

He knows but we were thinkin since in other GTAs you had to do x amount of taxi rides to get to 100% there may be something to it since there are only 9 actual missions . 

It was worth a shot hoping to meet somone new by doing this . Unfortunately another dead end but atleast something else we can check off the list . 

One thing I notice about the camp that has already been mentioned is the fact you have to get pretty far from the camp before it lets you save(after you take it over ) . 

In the guide it lists 12 hidden briefcases 1 of them being at the camp . Turns out I found 4 cases at the camp . They only appear during the takeover and if you leave and come back they will be gone forever . 

I was thinkin why cant I save like they are tellin me there is more there . Then I found the 4 packages but it still wouldnt let me save till i was far from the camp . 

Most missions you will get a prompt telling you to leave the area before you can save . 

I showed my girl the shadow first thing she said was ohh its the jetpack man . They obviously put that there to f*ck with us .

• MTBB47 likes this

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by AlabamaFatts, 19 December 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Before we try to decipher what the glyphs mean, and what they pertain to, we need to come to a conclusion n "WHO" exactly put them there. Gotta get into the mind of your enemy to understand where they are coming from. The Altruists, And Hippies have both made drawings and paintings resembling the mural, but who put it there? Has anybody come to a solid agreement on that yet? Or am i just waaaaaaay behind?

I think we can all agree that the government/ and or Aliens are behind the UFO's. and at least in that case, we have motive for either party. But the Mural seem to be a completely different beast. Its like someones view, who is way on the outside of all the madness, and is just watching the show.
  • wild aminal it is and bs flip like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by stangone50, 19 December 2013 - 12:19 AM.

Before we try to decipher what the glyphs mean, and what they pertain to, we need to come to a conclusion n "WHO" exactly put them there. Gotta get into the mind of your enemy to understand where they are coming from. The Altruists, And Hippies have both made drawings and paintings resembling the mural, but who put it there? Has anybody come to a solid agreement on that yet? Or am i just waaaaaaay behind?

I think we can all agree that the government/ and or Aliens are behind the UFO's. and at least in that case, we have motive for either party. But the Mural seem to be a completely different beast. Its like someones view, who is way on the outside of all the madness, and is just watching the show.

I think  they were put there by the Altruists and I think the majority would concur . I also think since the hippies also know about the ufos they put the glyphs in sandy shores to lead people to Chiliad . 

vvv I dont think There are any matching glyphs , I just dont have any other explanation as to who could have put them there . 

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

I think  they were put there by the Altruists and I think the majority would concur .

Ok. So, which glyphs used by the Altruists can we say are def mural related? Do we have any that match the eye under the observation deck?
Because as I think, i dont really remember seeing the same glyph around there. But then again, my mind is fried at this point.

Muffins
  • Muffins

Dalto11, Muffins, its whichever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by muffins, 19 December 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Hi I just thought I'd stop by to brighten everyone's day... 

Yeah, anyway... I'm very disappointed nobody commented on my penris post the other day... not even a "Who cares" or "We tried it"...   theres just no love...

Anyway, I tried a couple of different angles etc... still nothing... probably will always be nothing... but the sniper anagram keeps bothering me...

Whatever.

Anyway, some pointless minutia...

Mostly for those who think there is more to the Altruist's camp (which is intriguing, it seems like there should be)... Last night I stopped by there for some armor and rockets, and while chasing down some weird NPC who was dressed like an Altruist, I noticed that the building with the green doors and the symbols seems to have an actual foundation, unlike the other buildings (raised up on piers)... and that on the side with the "Your path is lit" (or what ever it says) graffiti, there is a door in said foundation... that won't open (I'm sure people have tried it)... anyway, I noticed that the door is not just a texture... there is a slight gap below the door and it appears the floor texture runs a little behind the door, indicating it is probably a separate part with some open space in back... who knows maybe a moving part under the right circumstances...

I took a picture, but it doesn't really show what I mean so well... you actually have to move left and right a little to notice it.  It's probably nothing but if you are looking into the campsite it might be interesting to you.

The bottom of the door, showing the gap and floor texture running behind it:

34hhy4o.jpg

A wider shot of the building:

16gw3k.jpg

Well, anyway... maybe tonight I'll explore some more of this sad frustrating mystery... 

I mentioned this wall and door as looking out of place ages ago.  it was promptly ignored by the Sherlok Holmes clique.  Glad to see someone else thinking along teh same lines.  I predict this door will open in a future DLC.

Not to burst bubbles, but without a trigger, there's likely nothing. Most of those green doors are static props, I've yet to see any one of them lead to anything plausible :(. I love how you looked at details though. Also, the floor texture is the dirt at the edge of the ground, see below:

fVsPhAw.jpg

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

I also agree that the altruists put the glyphs there

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

@MTBB47

You do know that you have to buy the Downtown Cab Co. and do the 'VIP' missions for it to get the special deliveries, right? I don't think the Endless Summer missions will have anything to do with anything.

The VIP customers are the ones that talk to you, and give you numbers/perks/whatever.

Yea I do, I have purchased and done all the jobs they have given to me, which is why yesterday I thought I had Liz as a contact but that must have been the first time I played.

Im a bit baffled as to why I haven't got her this time though. I brought the cab co, ages ago in game and have done maybe 10-15 jobs (hard to remember) with Franklin, that they have phoned me about (VIP's)

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by POWA, 19 December 2013 - 01:35 AM.

i was told it had been checked already/but it still seems fishy to me...i brought trevor and franklin there.nothing.fired rockets from the buzzard.nothing.fired 20 rockets from rpg.nothing.brought the docker there.honked horn for 10 minutes(at 3am).nothing....still seems fishy to me...

Yes, it's been looked at by lots of people. It seems to just be a representation of an old mine shaft. There is another one with railroad tracks and mining tools, but you can't see through the door. So far, nothing has been discovered at the locations.

Edit: Removed my second quote since he was talking about the glyph and not the mural.

saintofkillers
  • saintofkillers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

I spent a few hours at the Altruist camp and the only thing that I noticed that hasn't been mentioned are the flowers painted on the buildings. They could be sunflowers which always point towards the sun. I also overheard some of the people in the camp talking about blimps. The three altruists by the building with the rocket launcher were talking about them. One asked the others if they'd seen the blimps "last night". I was there all night and saw nothing.One of the others said he'd seen them and that they were probably Israeli designed. Then one of them said he'd seen one using an infra-red telescope. The spectrometer seems to be mentioned by one of the two standing by the barn. 

At around midday the crooked path up to the radio shack is lit and at around this time the shadow from a telegraph pole ends exactly where the altruist out in the middle of the camp is standing and the shadow from one of the poles holding the bunting points directly at the altruist standing at the edge of the cliff to the East. 

I was checking if the moon always followed the same path. It seems to. I have only delivered one hitchhiker to the camp so far so I've shelved that investigation for the moment and spent a while at Los Santos Airport instead. There is a black jet there with yellow official looking logos on the tail which look like a two headed eagle as far as I can tell. I was trying to see if there was a way to get the doors to open on hangar A17 as Hangar 18 is where the crashed UFO is supposed to be in Area 51. The hangar has a Pegasus logo on it which matches the logo of Pegasus Concierge on the hangar Michael owns. I flew the black jet around for a while, but didn't see anything. There is a figure 8 formed by tracks between the two runways. 

I checked the Sightings restaurant and the tower to the south of it. There is no way into either and nothing remarkable to see from the tops. So I went down into the metro from the airport. I did notice that one of the icons on the Fruit phone advert made reference to rotating a figure 8, but that's already established so adds nothing. I followed the tunnel which loops from the station and goes under the airport, but there are no doors or exits. There are some glitches down there though. Parts of the raised edges just disappearing when you get close, but nothing significant.

A while back Shaftonetwoone mentioned a fourth UFO near a fourth airfield which was why I decided to look around there.

What you guys are focusing on is now incorrect. The mural, for the moment, is done.  There is a fourth flying UFO to discover over the city.  When it's found, it should make EVERYTHING clearer.

Also, do not try to overcomplicate things.  The mystery was designed to be accessible to all with some minor effort.  Do not confuse references to real life structures to some deeper mystery which does not exist and please stop mixing up the secrets.  Some things are not and never will be related to each other.

EarlThePearl
  • EarlThePearl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I mentioned a few pages back that bodies burn infinitely at the altruist camp. I blasted 5 of them with grenade launcher when I got attacked and they burned for over 24 in game hours. During this time I ran all over the camp and up to the radio tower, and every time I came back, they were still burning.

Has anyone tried burning one at the altar then just waiting until something happened?

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

The "praise him" message has always reminded me of how you can tell people Kifflom with the Epsilon robes. It's awesome that as soon as I posted that theory someone mentioned that the alter has collision effects. I'm going to play later on tonight and I'm really pumped now. I still wish I knew if having to complete the hitchhiker devilries has anything to do with it because I have to start a whole new game and make sure I do it if it has to be done :(

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by [email protected], 19 December 2013 - 02:20 AM.

. I was trying to see if there was a way to get the doors to open on hangar A17 as Hangar 18 is where the crashed UFO is supposed to be in Area 51.

Being from Ohio, I feel compelled to give you a little history lesson. Hangar 18 has nothing to do with area 51. It is the Hangar in Wright Patterson Air Force base in Dayton, Ohio where the Roswell crash remnants were supposedly taken. Many believe alien bodies as well.

It is also the title of a great song by Megadeth. Check it out.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by askinnywhitedildo, 19 December 2013 - 02:19 AM.

I think you should draw up a list of all of the things that we need to work on.

What exactly does this mural on Mt.Chiliad mean in a whole. Why is there a UFO, Egg, and Jetpack. Why are there 5 boxes with so many interlocking lines connecting them. Why is there lightning, and why is there squiggly lines. Why does the Egg have a straight line connecting it to the top to the red UFO/Eye.

Is there anyway for us to fully decode The Altruist website, from either the colors of the text, or more hidden meanings/messages. Does the colors of the writing on the walls of there buildings mean anything. Does the saying and pictures mean anything, or are they all just there to make the scenery look better.

Why does Sculpture Park have the rain glyph and 3AM glyph, when seemingly nothing happens there at 3AM with rain? Why not just use the blank/normal UFO/Eye glyph that we've found, if there is nothing other than just a UFO in the sky?

What does the mural at Textile City mean? Does it mean anything, does it tie into what we are doing?

What symbol is the light underneath the Zancudo UFO making? What's with the bunker and it's light at the door. How do we get the bunker door to open without glitching it? Are there people in the Zancudo UFO, there is a texture in the files showing people sitting in it, and a lot of people say they see movement in the UFO. 

We have found the "Egg" in the files. Where is it, and how do we get it. 

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

@saintofkillers nice theory. We gotta figure out if and what the "blimps" mean if there's a significance

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by ce[email protected], 19 December 2013 - 02:39 AM.

The "praise him" message has always reminded me of how you can tell people Kifflom with the Epsilon robes. It's awesome that as soon as I posted that theory someone mentioned that the alter has collision effects. I'm going to play later on tonight and I'm really pumped now. I still wish I knew if having to complete the hitchhiker devilries has anything to do with it because I have to start a whole new game and make sure I do it if it has to be done :(

I cannot remember where I read or heard it in game but, I remember something about the Epsilon robes being able to hide one's spectral ignorance, or however you would spell that when relating it to the spectrometer.

So maybe Michael has to do something at the camp? But Trevor has to clear it first, which is why we only get the Camp cleared message as if to say phase 1 is complete.

So run around the camp with the robes on, or naked as Michael and look for something different for phase 2. Sounds whacky, I know.
  • jkd69 likes this

Xatoku
  • Xatoku

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

salton_06102706__mg_0056.jpgInterresting!

where is that on the map

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

where is that on the map

Nowhere. The real life salvation mountain that the hippy camp is based off of.

bs flip
  • bs flip

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

where is that on the map

South north 88x789y5559/d

Alec1234
  • Alec1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

in game go to www.cultstoppers.com which has info about the Children of the Mountain, the Epsilon Program, The Altruists and more. From the Altruist page it says "they're rumored to be on some kind of ageist Jihad against the under 40s at the bequest of an alien called Lord Zapho who is coming to reclaim the Earth..." The website has a lot of other good info that could lead to clues.

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

@above that website had already been investigated

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by HakatoX, 19 December 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Alright, I wanted to talk about the marking on the streets that ppl stumble on from time to time. 
I decided to talk a walk today and snag some pics
 PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS

hgMHv9ll.jpg
nKKcN93l.jpg
gvHT7UBl.jpg
kDnQYmSl.jpg
Hifmveul.jpg

once again
 PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICS

There's more.
Here's the album

I believe these will help ppl know what we are talking about when we tell them what these are.

• MrEZmoneymaker and bs flip like this

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

I wonder if there is any back story to those, or if they just used random numbers and letters to make it look real?

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

I've entered Lester's house while playing online mode:

http://socialclub.ro...wzE6Fcypw_n90Mw

The famous Illuminati poster...

http://socialclub.ro...83kO6Wn7h3Ft2MQ

Another poster, don't know if it has been posted here yet...

http://socialclub.ro...iG0-XaX3mZe5iLg

"Aliens Took My Children".

http://socialclub.ro...pnEGzoUR16bdUww

This! is a map from Los Santos streets, it has markings all over it and shadowed buildings, making a path. Maybe this has been already discussed.

I don't know if there is a "Missing letters thread" yet, so I post here:

http://socialclub.ro...Ut0y53MjK4gjPsA

Girls XXX

http://socialclub.ro...eXk-60TjmedCSfg

Dream Hotel

http://socialclub.ro...IRUCFJkT0967tMg

Mojito Inn

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 19 December 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Im starting to get really annoyed with this site & the constant issues im having posting images to it :(

Have changed file formats, image size & image names (no gaps) virtually every possible way to get my pics to post on here, yet it seems whenever i post a pic of the FZ ufo it will not post?

edit: & no i dont like posting from my rockstar socialclub page. If you had been trolled asmuch as me you wouldnt want your personal pages linked here either. also i take literally hundreds of pics a day with snapomatic, so its impossible for me to use that site to show pics as i have to constantly delete them to fit more.

If anybody is able to guide me to why this happens constantly for me would be much appreciated.

edited again: seems like this site doesnt like the word "UFO's" on the original file folder? like wtf?

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

In reference to Hakoto's pics, i believe that the ones with a "T" splitting them, refer to road and construction crews to let them know which way the gas , water and power lines are running, under the ground. I used to work for a Road Crew and have seen them frequently.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

That's what I was leading to.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 19 December 2013 - 05:52 AM.

What exactly does this mural on Mt.Chiliad mean in a whole. Why is there a UFO, Egg, and Jetpack. Why are there 5 boxes with so many interlocking lines connecting them. Why is there lightning, and why is there squiggly lines. Why does the Egg have a straight line connecting it to the top to the red UFO/Eye.

What symbol is the light underneath the Zancudo UFO making? What's with the bunker and it's light at the door. How do we get the bunker door to open without glitching it? Are there people in the Zancudo UFO, there is a texture in the files showing people sitting in it, and a lot of people say they see movement in the UFO.

1.jpg

The probable source of the blue light pattern from the FZ ufo onto the bunker.

4.jpg

Also others have mentioned that the ufo lights move. I can confirm after having 2 different saves on top of the FZ ufo in a chopper that this ufo does move slightly side to side & not a stationary orbit like the Sandy shores one (that one tilts slightly instead)

Also i have stayed by this ufo many times around 1-4am & have never seen any lights from the ufo change to show what is displayed above the bunker. I suspect the same method used to recognize you are in range to see the Chiliad ufo is also used when next to this ufo, hence why i have never witnessed any change in the lights.

1.jpg

From inside the bunker at around 3am. Notice the ufo light pattern on the ground, also the red from the flashing light above the door.
2.jpg

Here is anothe pic of the outside red flashing light during the day. I however noticed that light inside still rotates, just the red glow doesnt display during the day time.

3.png

The FZ ufo image showing the humanoid figures in the cockpit.

I have spent many hours observing this ufo & have never seen any movement inside the cockpit what so ever myself.

3.png

I am still working on triggering that bunker door. (one day hopefully lol)

Also i am trying to get the info on my blog finished that may help explain (to my best knowledge) the parts of the Chiliad mural i have been working on since the start of this search that you refer to in your post.

Ill update once i have.

• Crimie, askinnywhitedildo, AlabamaFatts and 1 other like this

TappingTheVein
  • TappingTheVein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

in game go to www.cultstoppers.com which has info about the Children of the Mountain, the Epsilon Program, The Altruists and more. From the Altruist page it says "they're rumored to be on some kind of ageist Jihad against the under 40s at the bequest of an alien called Lord Zapho who is coming to reclaim the Earth..." The website has a lot of other good info that could lead to clues.

Lord Zapho? In a mission as Franklin with Lamar, where you have to take back the bike is a reference to him. After hopping over the fence in the alley there is an old man that stumbles out of a garage and says something like „Away, away from me! You Zapho agents!"

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

@MrEZ, great post. And I see you finally got pics to work. 

And with the letters on the ground, Hakato. I probably missed a post somewhere, but what are we trying to do with those?

• dAfTpUnK2010 and MrEZmoneymaker like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users