Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by McGyver55, 18 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Hi I just thought I'd stop by to brighten everyone's day... 

Yeah, anyway... I'm very disappointed nobody commented on my penris post the other day... not even a "Who cares" or "We tried it"...   theres just no love...

Anyway, I tried a couple of different angles etc... still nothing... probably will always be nothing... but the sniper anagram keeps bothering me...

Whatever.

Anyway, some pointless minutia...

Mostly for those who think there is more to the Altruist's camp (which is intriguing, it seems like there should be)... Last night I stopped by there for some armor and rockets, and while chasing down some weird NPC who was dressed like an Altruist, I noticed that the building with the green doors and the symbols seems to have an actual foundation, unlike the other buildings (raised up on piers)... and that on the side with the "Your path is lit" (or what ever it says) graffiti, there is a door in said foundation... that won't open (I'm sure people have tried it)... anyway, I noticed that the door is not just a texture... there is a slight gap below the door and it appears the floor texture runs a little behind the door, indicating it is probably a separate part with some open space in back... who knows maybe a moving part under the right circumstances...

I took a picture, but it doesn't really show what I mean so well... you actually have to move left and right a little to notice it.  It's probably nothing but if you are looking into the campsite it might be interesting to you.

The bottom of the door, showing the gap and floor texture running behind it:

34hhy4o.jpg

A wider shot of the building:

16gw3k.jpg

Well, anyway... maybe tonight I'll explore some more of this sad frustrating mystery... 

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

So I just found a hollow door at the end of the runway in Sandy shores, does any one know anything about that? You can throw sticky bombs at it and they just go right through, when you blow them up they explode behind the door though. Same with shooting it, it just goes straight through, no bullet holes or anything. You cant walk through it, but if you walk close enough your gun will go partway through, up till your hands. sorry if its already been explored but i didnt see anything about it.

i was told it had been checked already/but it still seems fishy to me...i brought trevor and franklin there.nothing.fired rockets from the buzzard.nothing.fired 20 rockets from rpg.nothing.brought the docker there.honked horn for 10 minutes(at 3am).nothing....still seems fishy to me...

Xatoku
  • Xatoku

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Are you guys trying to get the silver zancudo elevators open? they open for me.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

@evilvet

That's a really good post, and I think that would help out a lot of the new guys coming in here. Wish there was a way to get that up on the first page.

But still, none of us can answer The mural (What does it totally mean), why does sculpture park have 2 glyphs that are unrelated to the UFO there. Altruist camp, with all the drawings and things written there. And The Zancudo UFO and Zancudo itself.

These are the things that we all need to work on, because these are the most important things, and we still don't have good answers for any of them.

• phillip_trevors and MrEZmoneymaker like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

@evilvet

That's a really good post, and I think that would help out a lot of the new guys coming in here. Wish there was a way to get that up on the first page.

But still, none of us can answer The mural (What does it totally mean), why does sculpture park have 2 glyphs that are unrelated to the UFO there. Altruist camp, with all the drawings and things written there. And The Zancudo UFO and Zancudo itself.

These are the things that we all need to work on, because these are the most important things, and we still don't have good answers for any of them.

I think you should draw up a list of all of the things that we need to work on.

Losisnojoke
  • Losisnojoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by Losisnojoke, 18 December 2013 - 07:30 PM.

edit nvm

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think we need to shift the focus to finding the Egg. The alien egg.
I don't think anyone saw my post about the jetpack possibly using preexisting resources, effectively hiding the object from prying eyes.
I believe the jetpack uses parts of the Zancudo UFO skin, and the propulsion from the Lazer. Which would explain the Downtown UFO.

Bumping my post since the last post on a page is never noticed.
  • MTBB47 likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, anyway... I'm very disappointed nobody commented on my penris post the other day... not even a "Who cares" or "We tried it"...   theres just no love...

Anyway, I tried a couple of different angles etc... still nothing... probably will always be nothing... but the sniper anagram keeps bothering me...

Whatever.

Mostly for those who think there is more to the Altruist's camp (which is intriguing, it seems like there should be)... Last night I stopped by there for some armor and rockets, and while chasing down some weird NPC who was dressed like an Altruist, I noticed that the building with the green doors and the symbols seems to have an actual foundation, unlike the other buildings (raised up on piers)... and that on the side with the "Your path is lit" (or what ever it says) graffiti, there is a door in said foundation... that won't open (I'm sure people have tried it)... anyway, I noticed that the door is not just a texture... there is a slight gap below the door and it appears the floor texture runs a little behind the door, indicating it is probably a separate part with some open space in back... who knows maybe a moving part under the right circumstances...

I took a picture, but it doesn't really show what I mean so well... you actually have to move left and right a little to notice it.  It's probably nothing but if you are looking into the campsite it might be interesting to you.

34hhy4o.jpg

16gw3k.jpg

Well, anyway... maybe tonight I'll explore some more of this sad frustrating mystery... 

I mentioned this wall and door as looking out of place ages ago.  it was promptly ignored by the Sherlok Holmes clique.  Glad to see someone else thinking along teh same lines.  I predict this door will open in a future DLC.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

I seriously think this might just be what the "mountain" glyph is referring to. The sun is the eye/UFO and there's a zig zag path. There's also a radio tower which some people think the glyph is. Looks pretty convincing to me, at least the only thing so far that make some since as to what it could mean.

pjQq6Ow.jpg

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

I am a part of no one's click.

I have limited time and posting from a Vita sucks.

The family takes the TV and youngest (3 months)gets to sleep around 2am.

I get game time till 4, nap up at 5. 

sleep from 8-10. 

Then to the grind...

• MrEZmoneymaker and trevors toe nail like this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

The lone wolf suits you
  • HakatoX likes this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Anyone else think the eye glyphs look like a sunset , with the bottom part of the eye being a reflection in the water, plus the line drawn through the eye is curved. It could even be a bridge and its reflection

Now that you say that it kind of would make sense. If you notice the bottlom half of the "pupil" its pretty accurate as to the type of reflection we would see from the view point of the water if that makes sense.
  • bs flip likes this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by HakatoX, 18 December 2013 - 08:45 PM.

When it comes to the mystery.

I have stopped with any of my own ideas.

I am still on Textile Cty mural.

I read the threads and make notes on your progress and questions.

I hate for anyone to feel ignored, cause that's what happened with mine.

When I got here I was told by a user to not post till I had 100% 

It rang of elitist bullsh*t.

I don't want to be viewed in such a manner

I am workng on The Grid... (got some interesting tidbits)

I have come to the conclusion that AnEvilVet and I are on the same page.

His yin to my yang.

I just don't think the mural is solved.

Everything is out there but I'm still scratching my head on a few things.

But that has always been my nature. To analyze and question.

So I come through amd let ppl know what has or hasnt been said through the thousand pages of mystery. 

• Crimie Marston likes this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

@above sorry but what Is the the textile city mural?

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

The large painting with two hands together, writing on it and around it.

On a Vita. So, no copyand paste.

Google should bring it up.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Whatever.

34hhy4o.jpg

16gw3k.jpg

I mentioned this wall and door as looking out of place ages ago.  it was promptly ignored by the Sherlok Holmes clique.  Glad to see someone else thinking along teh same lines.  I predict this door will open in a future DLC.

Apologies if you felt excluded, it's never the intent of me or anyone else here to purposefully ignore ideas or theories. The Altruist Camp has been discussed several times and I've noted this door myself and dismissed it as I wasn't able to trigger anything.
Please keep up the hard work and don't be worried about posting.

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 18 December 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Donk this has all been contemplated before . You cant get a charachter to the moon glyph by foot . 
The missing glyph is the half/three quarter eye . 

I was just going to the triathalon by the airport and just north of it i came across these asian looking guys in auto jumpsuits . They are looking south at one of those spinning radio antennas ( IDK what the hell there called) but they were taking photos and talking about epsilon stuff . 
I am not sure if this is a reoccuring event , I have not seen it before . It was a Tuesday 1130 clear weather few clouds . 
Id take pics but cant get online . 

I found some people right before the triathlon by the airport and some were looking at the tower at the airport with binoculars and some taking pictures but they didn't have jumpsuits. They didn't say anything but tried to fight me as I stood there for a second.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah thats the spot . it was 2 guys smokin cigs then next to them were about 4 guys . They only spoke of epsilon as i approached them . im gonna pass by there again and see what happenes . I was michale not in robes , dont know if that matters 

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 18 December 2013 - 10:15 PM.

@above I was franklin. I'll try Michael because apparently the character IS the trigger for what a lot of people say. Also they ARE in auto jumpsuits. I just now realized that

Edit: I guess they are only there at a certain time. I went as Michael at 19:23 and they weren't there.

Edit 2: went as Michael and still nothing was said by them. But they seem to be interested in that tower or something In that area lol

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

So in the files thread someone found today that the altar stone in the Altruist camp has a unique collision detection zone around it. This would allow the game to recognise whether something is placed / an action is carried out upon the altar, so the existence of this collision zone strongly suggests that there is something more to do here.

I would call that a pretty solid lead, considering we've got little else to go on right now.

• Crimie Marston, Darthwill, _The_Kaiser_ and 2 others like this

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

"some look left, some look right, the answer is in front of us"

maybe we have to check the GTA 5 cover. :catspider:

I always thought that pertained to the US plane underwater in the west side. Because in front of it is a jet engine. Even furthe in front is the other underwater hatch.

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

@Ungreth, You Beat me to it.

Although I'm putting my faith into the file guys from now on.

It's our duty to Hunt these theories out. 

Everyone to the Sacrifice Stone at the Altruist Camp. :D

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

So in the files thread someone found today that the altar stone in the Altruist camp has a unique collision detection zone around it. This would allow the game to recognise whether something is placed / an action is carried out upon the altar, so the existence of this collision zone strongly suggests that there is something more to do here.

I would call that a pretty solid lead, considering we've got little else to go on right now.

It's not because Trevor is moved there from the entrance at the start of the Altruist Shootout?

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

A question in need of an answer: Where is/was the frozen alien(prologue) located?

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Theory was maybe a taxi passenger triggers a mission/tells you information about something etc

I did 55 cab missions last night, all in one cab with a two stops for repairs at LSC, and I didn't find anything that I think was relevant. Seam very random, pick ups are based on your location and I found most lead out of the city, not many back into the city. It seamed after about 50 they were starting to be repeated. So there may be a few more depending on your location when you ask for/are requested to do a job, but I don't think they have anything to do with anything!

Nobody says anything! Other than comments on your driving (someone may want to check by doing just a couple of taxi missions to make sure my xbox didn't glitch or anything).

I also used this time driving taxi to listen to Space FM, and didn't really get anything from it, heard some stuff but its all been said on here already.

Passengers never really have anywhere to go, often falling of cliffs or piers once dropped off or just disappearing after a brief walk.

6 people ran off without paying (of the 55), pointing a gun normally stopped them and you must do this to complete the job.

The most common word/phrase was "chariot" (referring to the taxi) ie: "show some respect for the chariot" or lets get this chariot moving" I found a lot of people referred to it as chariot, probably irrelevant!

It rained twice when I picked up or dropped of people near or at Ursula's house, however I think this was coincidence as it didn't happen a third time (and I noticed earlier that if you don't watch the cut scene when seeing Ursula you don't get rain so its probably the cut scene as the trigger)

Any further questions about cabs feel free to ask, I feel educated on taxi missions now lol

Also someone mentioned Liz yesterday, I thought I had picked her up but not on this play through, (must have been the first time I played) So I could not try hanging with her or bootie call. 

• AlabamaFatts likes this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by Darthwill, 18 December 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Well let the truths that we already know of about the Sacrifice stone heres what we know.

There is a Jetpack Drawing on it.

Trevor can sacrifice random people by giving/taking them to the Altruist Camp. 

You can kill Altruist on the Stone once in the camp fighting them.

My Theory is could an Astroid Impact the Stone to reveal the Secret Inside the stone?

Is there a possible cutscene involving the stone?

What if we go to The sacrifice stone during a Full Moon or any of those found on Glyphs? 

Let the Theories and Test commence. :D

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

*cough*DLC*cough*

Bassboom
  • Bassboom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

A question in need of an answer: Where is/was the frozen alien(prologue) located?

Its underneath the largest bridge in the prolouge just before the traintracks, its still there in the later mission when trevors goes to dig up whats his face's grave

• timesteal likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by Druminator, 19 December 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Ok you guys, I could use some help with this but I think I might be right about the timeline. 

So the Altruist refer to a spectrometer which is a device used to measure frequencies of color which gives us the color spectrum. Color requires light and the Altruist clearly have an obsession with both light and color. It's clear on their website and all over the camp are various glyphs and writings in different colors. When you place the glyphs in order based on the color spectrum you get what looks like the cycle of the sun. However when you do this with the writings it's very unclear as to what it means since there are multiple uses of red so it's hard to tell what writing goes with what glyph. I believe that this is a timeline of sorts. The writings are clues for what we have to do and the glyphs are what time of the day it needs to be done. I feel like the order of the glyphs are correct based on their size but the words I think are meant to be the trickier part.

http://i.imgur.com/Wuvzzr3.png

This is a theory I've been trying to figure out for awhile but I don't get much time anymore to play and I have to think of it while I'm at work or online. Anyway, there's more.

When you go to the alter at the Altruist camp and look around there isn't much to see. You can only see the ocean, Mt. Chiliad, Mt. Josiah and of course the camp with the radio tower. Three mounds. Now, looking at Chiliad it has a nearly identical outline to the one found on the mural at its peak. It also appears that the mound at the camp with the radio tower looks like one of the glyphs found on Chiliad. As for Mt. Josiah, it doesn't look special, however you can see the Zancudo UFO from it's peak with a sniper.

We know the Altruist are ex-military and they have lots of firepower for some reason so I would assume they have some knowledge of UFOs or some government secrets and for some reason they hate technology. So lets assume they know about the Zancudo UFO that says "segregate and rearrange". Many anagrams for what it could say but what about "rearranged an easteregg". Could this be implying the messages at the Altruist camp?

When I first started this theory I assumed it would go in order of the color spectrum making "see the eye" be step one: go to Chiliad and see the UFO. I was still stuck for awhile until it hit me that the "segregate and rearrange" was mirrored on the UFO. So I reversed the glyphs and it seemed logical that "he is risen/his light shines on us all" would be a sunrise, the real first step. Seeing the Chiliad UFO would be the final step (Atleast I think. Like I said there are more than one red message so either of them could come first.) This is where I need help because my ideas for the final steps are a little messy.

Back at the Altruist camp there's a water tower with the big glyph that looks similar to the glyphs from Chiliad. It's facing directly East where the sun rises, back over the hill with the radio tower. When you look that way from the alter, the first time you see the sun completely is when it's directly above the radio tower which I said earlier looks like the "mountain" glyph from Chiliad. The sun being the eye over a hill with a zig zag path.

At this exact same time, Mt. Josiah is lit up. The second part of the timeline is "son of god!/our path is lit", the O in 'our' is a sun. The third part of the timeline is "praise him" and the glyph is a sun with a tiny UFO. I think this is referring to seeing the UFO from Josiah. It can only be seen in the day time on foot. However I onced believed that since the writing was green that it was talking about the green beam that comes from the Zancudo UFO. Not so sure now.

The next part of the timeline is the giant glyph, the one that looks like the eyes, same as the water tower. It doesn't have any writing with it. I believe it represents mid day. At this time the entire camp is lit up, even the mound with the radio tower. Not so sure what is supposed to happen but I think that this is the time to be at the Altruist camp. I feel like it has something to do with the radio tower. Not quite sure because this is where my theory starts to unravel.  

From here as the sun goes down, Chiliad becomes lit up. The next glyph in the timeline looks like the Sol symbol, the universal symbol for the sun. My only guess is that this means to head towards Chiliad so this can end with seeing the UFO and making the timeline come back around to sunrise. There's three red suns and three red messages so I'm not sure what order they need to be "rearranged" in. I strongly feel like this is going somewhere I'm just not sure what to try first or if I'm even correct about the order of things because what if the glyphs run the correct way based on the color spectrum but the writings run backwards? Or what if you start at the end of the spectrum but continue normally instead of going backwards making it run from blue to red instead of blue to green?

There are still holes that's for sure but it's starting to make a little more since than it first did when I spent hours looking for yellow flowers. As for the cave, I'm not sure but since it also has the eye glyph in the back it could be the step that corresponds with it in the timeline. Maybe a trigger has to be reached causing the back of the cave to become a walk through wall and it leads us to whatever is under the concrete building in the camp. This mystery kills me.

One thing I forgot to mention that made me chuckle is that there are five colors and five X's on the mural. It's just coincidence I'm sure but it is weird that the same colors of paint are used at the Sandy Shores camp and the writing there seems to match the writing from the Altruist camp.

Edit: Couple more things I forgot to mention was how the antenna looks like an arrow pointing at Chliad's peak and how at 4am (same time the Chiliad UFO quits making a sound and when Zanduco UFO's beam disappears) the moon is directly over Josiah.

• wild aminal it is and MrEZmoneymaker like this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 18 December 2013 - 11:41 PM.

@MTBB47

You do know that you have to buy the Downtown Cab Co. and do the 'VIP' missions for it to get the special deliveries, right? I don't think the Endless Summer missions will have anything to do with anything.

The VIP customers are the ones that talk to you, and give you numbers/perks/whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users