Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
momox
  • momox

The Ginger

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by momox, 06 December 2013 - 11:53 AM.

0_0.jpg

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

like i said not pushing one theory just throwing stuff ive noticed on second playthrough i even let the movie producer who killed lenora johnson get away and he says soloman did it or soloman made me do it so im hoping he gives me sumthin extra to do prolly waste of time i just dont see point of kill him or let him go why would it matter should be the kill part is intended but why the choice and what u get for choice nothin ? im almost 100 again and im not playing a 3rd time but the first person i let go from trailer in river came back and i didnt have a choice but to kill thats pretty kool that stuff like that happens but is that really all the choice? guy in trailer/////wife of sub guy////////dr freelander////////lenoras killer////////////bigfoot///////// why do i get option to kill em no im not talkin bout deaths in end just those ones the ones that like to flash blue n red till u walk away or kill em. y is there only 5? if there is one more than i dont remeber  but if not then 5 is wierd for choices like that dont u think?

There are more than 5. There are all of the people in you can pick up as hitch-hikers and take to the Altruists. There's the actor you kidnap and can either let go or kill him by parking the car he's in in front of a train.

k there is one more considering bigfoot is 100% thing mabey that one dosent count and there is still five  but lets say 6 then what is the point of the choice ? all those ppl should die dont u think y the choice? cuz were bieng watched by santa clause lol? first playthrough i killed em all and nothing this time im saving them all and see what happens better than tripping on shadows dont u think lol

There's also the estate agent, you can kill him or let him go. There are also the two random encounters where a police officer is chasing a criminal, you can leave them be, help the officer or help the prisoner. There's also the motel shootout where you can kill or help the criminals.

All of these feed back into unique dialogue between the main characters and the people around them and the psychological report you get at the end.  They have no impact on unlocking a mystery or anything like that as there is nothing to unlock.

Also the paparazzi guy, and the two guys stalking each of Michael's kids.

• AnEvilVet likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

0_0.jpg

I think we are missing something that shows up OR happens at 2-3:00 A.M.

Chiliad

1:00 Spider Web

2:00 ???

3:00 UFO

Fort Z

1:00 Outer lights appear

2:00 Middle lights appear

3:00 Center lights appear

Hippy Camp

1:00 ???

3:00 ???

The Spider Web seems pretty random to no be apart of anything, showing up at the UFO times and all.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

I called Ursula for a booty call, and now she won't stop following me.
The 'mission' glitched and so the yellow blip vanished, but she's still here getting into my cars/taxis/helicopters/etc.
  • EramVerdes and _The_Kaiser_ like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

0_0.jpg

Chiliad

Fort Z

Hippy Camp

The Spider Web seems pretty random to no be apart of anything, showing up at the UFO times and all.

A huge number of things are time based. Thelma & Louise, Mt Gordo Ghost, the Grease race, etc are all time based easter eggs.  Part of the reason for this is the mission structure. A lot of missions take place at a particular time of day and time will advance to that point when you activate a mission.  There are missions and encounters such as the Altruist Camp Slaughter and the kidnapping of the actor and director that force you to take part at a time of day when you then witness these eggs.

There may be so much more that we are missing because we just haven't been there at the right time.

• ParanoiaX, EramVerdes, _The_Kaiser_ and 1 other like this

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Does it only appear for 100%? well i'm waiting to find out. with franklin.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

It appears all the time, even in online, which is where that pic was taken.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Just curious, but has anyone done a pickup and drop off event with Trevor after they killed the Altruists and the message still appeared that you can take people to the Altruist camp? That happened to me earlier. Even the symbol appeared on the map. I ended up dying before I could see what happened if I took her there though.

The spider web pic kind of reminds me of the city block sections on the map.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Does the ufo appear online?

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 06 December 2013 - 12:55 PM.

POWA - nothing happens just makes the drive back to where they want to go, that much longer

Mr Livid - possibly, but we don't k ow what triggers them yet. Maybe being lvl 100, maybe getting all the awards or maybe they won't show up at all.

On a different note.
I took Ursula to Altruist Rock, to sacrifice her. And when nothing happened I started looking around for stuff. The green explosive crates, don't respawn after you wipeout the cult.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Anyone seen the rock stripe at the cannibal camp? its on two rocks near the alter,thought it was a glitch. just found another on chiliad its near 6 wooden signs at the edge on mountain (opposite side to cable car.0_0.jpg

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by SHARKEM, 06 December 2013 - 01:00 PM.

no ufos in online. just the unidentified sunken object. 

i'm 181

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by Mr.Livid, 06 December 2013 - 01:03 PM.

this is the chiliad one

.they can only be seen at certain times of the day.0_0.jpg

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Okay, thanks for the info.

Not sure what that stripe would mean if it's not some texture screw up or something. Have you tried blowing it up yet?

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Mr.Livid, 06 December 2013 - 01:18 PM.

and another, near that last one by two posts with red ribbons.

i'm thinking glitch there is a few on chiliad about 5 i've found so far. They don't seem to be pointing in the same direction.0_0.jpg

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

and another, near that last one by two posts with red ribbons.0_0.jpg

If you were to think of them as clock hands, would their orientation reflect the time of day when they appear?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think before you get too het up about this you need to load a seperate instance of your game from a different save and see if they appear in that version.  Then someone else needs to verify that these exist in their copy of the game.

• Mr.Livid likes this

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

and another, near that last one by two posts with red ribbons.0_0.jpg

If you were to think of them as clock hands, would their orientation reflect the time of day when they appear?

I'll check it out when the sun comes up and i will work out if they match anything (time) etc.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

As for the cobweb, of which i have just seen, very odd!!!

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 06 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Just curious, but has anyone done a pickup and drop off event with Trevor after they killed the Altruists and the message still appeared that you can take people to the Altruist camp? That happened to me earlier. Even the symbol appeared on the map. I ended up dying before I could see what happened if I took her there though.

The spider web pic kind of reminds me of the city block sections on the map.

This was before/after 100%? 

Never happened to me, i just keep seeing the lookout guy, and others,  fleeing off the camp.

TitsAkimbo
  • TitsAkimbo

Silent Judge

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

and another, near that last one by two posts with red ribbons.

i'm thinking glitch there is a few on chiliad about 5 i've found so far. They don't seem to be pointing in the same direction.0_0.jpg

I don't tend to post much but i thought i would help you out a little and just say that i think its just a texture/shadow error. When i am right up against the rock it does look like this but as i walk away it goes blurry. 

who knows though, it may be something

blackpantherk
  • blackpantherk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Anyone wondered why merrywether has that near complete submarine on their docks

TitsAkimbo
  • TitsAkimbo

Silent Judge

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Anyone wondered why merrywether has that near complete submarine on their docks

I was looking at that today and yea. seems a little odd

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

There's also the estate agent, you can kill him or let him go. There are also the two random encounters where a police officer is chasing a criminal, you can leave them be, help the officer or help the prisoner. There's also the motel shootout where you can kill or help the criminals.

All of these feed back into unique dialogue between the main characters and the people around them and the psychological report you get at the end.  They have no impact on unlocking a mystery or anything like that as there is nothing to unlock.

What happens if you kill the psych guy before you complete the last mission?  Do you still get a report? He ran off on me before I could.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

0_0.jpg

Chiliad

Fort Z

Hippy Camp

A huge number of things are time based. Thelma & Louise, Mt Gordo Ghost, the Grease race, etc are all time based easter eggs.  Part of the reason for this is the mission structure. A lot of missions take place at a particular time of day and time will advance to that point when you activate a mission.  There are missions and encounters such as the Altruist Camp Slaughter and the kidnapping of the actor and director that force you to take part at a time of day when you then witness these eggs.

There may be so much more that we are missing because we just haven't been there at the right time.

Ok...

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Guys... http://tools.glokon.org/gta-map/

we have an X,Y,Z plotter and a lot of coordinates that need to be searched out...

you can find coordinates and info on the tool here... http://gtaforums.com...e-mystery-hunt/

spread the word...

will try to get all the info into one place when i get a chance as its scattered in that topic at the minute... unless some kind sir will take it upon them selves to gather it all and all the dump files talkol so nicely made for us...

credit for the plotting tool goes to Glokon.
  • Macontheweb007 and Fran_Halen like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

What happens if you kill the psych guy before you complete the last mission?  Do you still get a report? He ran off on me before I could.

Yes, I exploded him on the motorway and still got a report.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

So Trevor is now a Minister !  I laughed my ass off when I found this .

CannaBitch
  • CannaBitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Nice work ! thx

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

So Trevor is now a Minister !  I laughed my ass off when I found this .

Hehe, completely forgot i did that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users