• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

clue.jpg

I looked right at that logo the other day and did not notice that same UFO outline pattern... I've seen it in two other spots...

I think there is some minor purpose for this... I also noticed the same pattern in the fountain with the eye sculpture at the Koltz center. Maybe its to confuse us or to draw our attention to some detail that will lead to a clue.  

Its most likely little clues like this that will eventually lead to the solving of whatever this easter egg/mystery is.

The best thing is most of the people here will be focused on harping on the same old stuff while people who are looking at the little stuff that is cumulatively more obvious and compiles to build the final keys to solving this.

Thanks for the pix.

FYI- Looked into who or what Arcadius was... He was a weak Roman Emperor of the Byzantine half of the Empire... from 383 to 408 AD...

Totally not who I thought he was... and as far as I know there are no myths or legends attributed to him... basically he was a boring chap dominated by his wife's influence.

I was hoping he was rumored to have had an ancient greek jetpack or something... stupid lousy Byzantine Empire and its lack of hidden alien technology.

Sorry to have to debunk you man, that was a good spot, but the arcadius logo is a hexagon, and the UFO is an octagon :(

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it, in case it clicks with anyone.

I was thinking about what Grumbledore - think it was them anyway- said. If you were a character, you wouldn't have access to google etcetera.

You would have access to eyefind, however.

So I started eyefinding stuff: chiliad, UFO mural, fib and so on. Unfortunately it all came out blank.

Then if eyefound - if that's even a word- 'shoot for the stars'. This brought back six results, none of them seem connected to each other or the phrase that was searched. They were:

Southern San Andreas super autos
Children of the mountain
The Internet is a hellhole
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Like I say, probably nothing, but hey ho.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

GUYS... please go to chiliad, and try and either work out exactly where the holo is, or find a UFO, or even both, as according to the glyph, the projection craft is straight above the real one :)

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

Actually I've been meaning to check that place out but I get a wanted level as soon as I go in, so I've decided to save that till I use the "no cops glitch"...

I won't be able to check it out on in the actual game, until tonight... But I have the digital manual on my iPhone and if the Arcadius building is the one with the three cylindrical towers... it personally does not really look so much (to me) like a jetpack from the satellite map...

BUT... interesting thing is...

If you look at the courtyard, from the satellite map, you'll see three triangular sections of grass, from above they form a larger triangle... (part of the orientation of the whole building) the apex of which points to the Galileo Observatory.

I still have no solid proof, but there are so many little things that lead to or tie in to that place... and I'm thinking more and more that physically drawing where things are pointed towards, the alignment of certain key structures  etc, on the map may well reveal something.

It does IN SO MANY MOVIES! and GTA references SO MANY MOVIES! 

I'll laugh BOTH my ass cheeks off if in the end the final answer is found that way.

Thanks for making me notice the building alignment and good call.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it, in case it clicks with anyone.

I was thinking about what Grumbledore - think it was them anyway- said. If you were a character, you wouldn't have access to google etcetera.

So I started eyefinding stuff: chiliad, UFO mural, fib and so on. Unfortunately it all came out blank.

Then if eyefound - if that's even a word- 'shoot for the stars'. This brought back six results, none of them seem connected to each other or the phrase that was searched. They were:

Children of the mountain
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Try 'Segregate and Rearrange'...

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

Actually I've been meaning to check that place out but I get a wanted level as soon as I go in, so I've decided to save that till I use the "no cops glitch"...

I won't be able to check it out on in the actual game, until tonight... But I have the digital manual on my iPhone and if the Arcadius building is the one with the three cylindrical towers... it personally does not really look so much (to me) like a jetpack from the satellite map...

BUT... interesting thing is...

If you look at the courtyard, from the satellite map, you'll see three triangular sections of grass, from above they form a larger triangle... (part of the orientation of the whole building) the apex of which points to the Galileo Observatory.

I still have no solid proof, but there are so many little things that lead to or tie in to that place... and I'm thinking more and more that physically drawing where things are pointed towards, the alignment of certain key structures  etc, on the map may well reveal something.

It does IN SO MANY MOVIES! and GTA references SO MANY MOVIES! 

I'll laugh BOTH my ass cheeks off if in the end the final answer is found that way.

Thanks for making me notice the building alignment and good call.

Guys, trying to solve this shouldn't be this hard, we're missing a major clue, and in typical R* fashion it has to be where we started, atop chiliad. The UFO beam glyph and the half-eye 'weathered' glyph seem to suggest another UFO high above the hologram, beaming down a decoy. This also explains why the mural basically shows the UFO in the wrong place on the mountain :)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Children of the mountain
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Nice idea, I thought there might be more clues hidden in the in-game internet too. I think these came up when you searched that particular phrase simply because of the 'for' and 'the', lots more would have come up if it could show more than 6 results. Search 'the' - 6 results, search 'for' - 6 results, search 'stars' - 0 results. Good effort though.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM.

As tribute to the novel 'Ready Player One,' by Ernest Cline about gamers trying to crack an easter egg worth 250 billion real dollars, I think anyone searching for the easter egg is now officially a 'Gunter,' short for Egg Hunter.

• GreeenDude likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

clue.jpg

I looked right at that logo the other day and did not notice that same UFO outline pattern... I've seen it in two other spots...

I think there is some minor purpose for this... I also noticed the same pattern in the fountain with the eye sculpture at the Koltz center. Maybe its to confuse us or to draw our attention to some detail that will lead to a clue.  

Its most likely little clues like this that will eventually lead to the solving of whatever this easter egg/mystery is.

The best thing is most of the people here will be focused on harping on the same old stuff while people who are looking at the little stuff that is cumulatively more obvious and compiles to build the final keys to solving this.

Thanks for the pix.

FYI- Looked into who or what Arcadius was... He was a weak Roman Emperor of the Byzantine half of the Empire... from 383 to 408 AD...

Totally not who I thought he was... and as far as I know there are no myths or legends attributed to him... basically he was a boring chap dominated by his wife's influence.

I was hoping he was rumored to have had an ancient greek jetpack or something... stupid lousy Byzantine Empire and its lack of hidden alien technology.

Sorry to have to debunk you man, that was a good spot, but the arcadius logo is a hexagon, and the UFO is an octagon :(

And the little stick man wearing a jet pack in the mural looks exactly like a real human scaled down... but humans have ten fingers and toes... so its not a real clue... DEBUNKED!

Maybe you are right, but... variations of that same damn symbol keep showing up. not duplicates of the same textures or cloned models... stuff the designers went and made completely separately but all have the same shape... maybe its a coincidence... maybe it is a magenta herring, I don't know... but they seem to have wasted some effort in using that symbol, you could be right and it is not a reference to the UFO, but it seems to have some purpose or meaning.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

As tribute to the novel 'Ready Player One,' by Ernest Cline about gamers trying to crack an easter egg worth 250 billion real dollars, I think anyone searching for the easter egg is now officially a 'Gunter,' short for Egg Hunter.

That would be fitting if the easter egg in the mural turned out to be 250 billion in game dollars. Far less satisfying than a fully flyable UFO with death rays and hillbilly abductor beam.

• Awolspitfire likes this

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

clue.jpg

Thanks for the pix.

And the little stick man wearing a jet pack in the mural looks exactly like a real human scaled down... but humans have ten fingers and toes... so its not a real clue... DEBUNKED!

Maybe you are right, but... variations of that same damn symbol keep showing up. not duplicates of the same textures or cloned models... stuff the designers went and made completely separately but all have the same shape... maybe its a coincidence... maybe it is a magenta herring, I don't know... but they seem to have wasted some effort in using that symbol, you could be right and it is not a reference to the UFO, but it seems to have some purpose or meaning.

Fair point mate, was just saying that it'd have been easy to make it an octagon. But otherwise yeah that's weird :)

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

That would be fitting if the easter egg in the mural turned out to be 250 billion in game dollars. Far less satisfying than a fully flyable UFO with death rays and hillbilly abductor beam.

So, gunters, assemble... go to chilad and search for the UFO that is obviously there. R* have tricked us into thinking chiliad is done... whenever we see a red eye it means UFO, and yes theres a hologram but admit it, we've all been stupid and disregarded the lack of a real UFO. Also, the hologram is coming from SOMEWHERE?! THE REAL UFO!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Dear god... I have just realised that there's a lot to be learned from 'Ready Player One!' It too had three distinct challenges, and three prizes, which were only useful in obtaining one grand prize! WE HAVE THREE, a jetpack, UFO and egg, just like the three keys in the book! Also like the book, the clues are all cryptic as f*ck, and like the WOW! signal they require outside research and knowledge to solve. Basically, let's go about this like Wade Watts does. ONE THING AT A GODDAMNED TIME. At the beginning of the book, the clues are everywhere, but none fit together. It's patience and simplicity that leads to the first prize, and most imortantly isolation from unrelated, more complex later clues. Going on the resarch theory, I PRESENT TO YOU, DERINKUYU. I admi ti actually learned about the aliens meme by watchign the tv show seriously when it was on last year, and this in particular is just... exactly what we have here! This place was built into the mountain to protect from UFOs, according to the nutters who believe this crap. However, we can learn that the place had air vents, tiny ones, that led all the way out through the top of the stone. Someone referenced some air vents like these, covered by grates? CLUE.

https://www.google.c...p%3A%2F%2Fthetr

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I prefer Bunny myself. That's what we called ourselves in the SA days.
  • Benjamoose likes this

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

@ Awolspitfire, segregate and rearrange returns:

Super autos
Pedal and metal
San Andreas DMV
War stock cash and carry
Department of water and power
Dr freidlander

@ themutedtrumpet That's what I thought at first. But it doesn't appear to work that way. If you search just 'shoot' for example, it returns one record: ammunition. Ammunition isn't one of the six returned for 'shoot for the stars'.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

My theory: GO BACK TO CHILIAD. The holo ufo is comin from somewhere, right? We're also given a glyph that shows a beam coming down from a UFO, and half a UFO also that represents a hologram. I think we've missed another chiliad UFO because we simply accepted the hologram as the clue, and moved on. This is typical R* fashion, such an obvious yet disrupting curveball like this.

It's a good idea. After I've popped the holo, I waited about 8 game hours around Chiliad to make sure the holo does not disappear. I took my buzzard and flew all around looking for interesting stuff. The holo itself disappears when you get far from it, but when you get back it's shown once again. I've also had a hard time seeing it from the buzzard, I thought you need to step on the ground. But that's just a distance thing, I can confirm that if I fly close enough to the ground I can see it from the buzzard.

Being able to see the UFO is actually attached to YOURE camera angle, not where the character is.

IF we had a camera angle that was far enough back we could fly into the UFO while seeing it, for example.

Hope that makes sense.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

GUYS... please go to chiliad, and try and either work out exactly where the holo is, or find a UFO, or even both, as according to the glyph, the projection craft is straight above the real one :)

I have tried this and my game glitches and freezes . I asked about it but no one answered . When I position 2 charachters too close on chiliad and switch my game freezes .

I had michael at the platform to make the ufo spawn then i tried to inspect above with franklin the game froze

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Check this... familiar? This is from real life. We can learn from this picture!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dear god... I have just realised that there's a lot to be learned from 'Ready Player One!' It too had three distinct challenges, and three prizes, which were only useful in obtaining one grand prize! WE HAVE THREE, a jetpack, UFO and egg, just like the three keys in the book! Also like the book, the clues are all cryptic as f*ck, and like the WOW! signal they require outside research and knowledge to solve. Basically, let's go about this like Wade Watts does. ONE THING AT A GODDAMNED TIME. At the beginning of the book, the clues are everywhere, but none fit together. It's patience and simplicity that leads to the first prize, and most imortantly isolation from unrelated, more complex later clues. Going on the resarch theory, I PRESENT TO YOU, DERINKUYU. I admi ti actually learned about the aliens meme by watchign the tv show seriously when it was on last year, and this in particular is just... exactly what we have here! This place was built into the mountain to protect from UFOs, according to the nutters who believe this crap. However, we can learn that the place had air vents, tiny ones, that led all the way out through the top of the stone. Someone referenced some air vents like these, covered by grates? CLUE.

Sorry for the dupe post but it got drowned in small talk while i was typing and became irrelevant.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have tried this and my game glitches and freezes . I asked about it but no one answered . When I position 2 charachters too close on chiliad and switch my game freezes .

I had michael at the platform to make the ufo spawn then i tried to inspect above with franklin the game froze

I don't have trouble switching on top of Chiliad, myself.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

@ themutedtrumpet That's what I thought at first. But it doesn't appear to work that way. If you search just 'shoot' for example, it returns one record: ammunition. Ammunition isn't one of the six returned for 'shoot for the stars'.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned about it only being able to display 6 results. If it could show more, ammunation would be on there too, and probably every other website. The 6 it returns when you search that are most likely the 6 websites with the most uses of the words 'for' and 'the'.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Seriosuly guys, this is big. Derinkuyu was supposedly built into a mountain by aztects to shelter and hide them from UFOs. 'Children of the Mountain'???!!!!!!!! Chiliad is a version of Derinkuyu, I'm sure of it.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

For christs sake the beam glyph is a mountain with an ufo on top. They arent even connected in the drawings. Besides that the game file for it is clue_mountain
  • AnEvilVet likes this

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 05:03 PM.

For christs sake the beam glyph is a mountain with an ufo on top. They arent even connected in the drawings. Besides that the game file for it is clue_mountain

It's not a mountain, it has straight sides. The mural covers that, why use it in a glyph too? By the way, as for the mural? http://www.anciental...derground-city/ It shows a lot of similarities with derinkuyu, one of the things people use to argue the existence of ancient aliens. It was sealed usign large round stones, and had tiny air vents reaching out from the mountain. LOOK FOR THIS STUFF. That'd explain the 'children of the mountain' idea :) We can also use the mural to determine where the exits are, as the lines sometimes reach the edge of the mountain. There's one on each side, halfway up.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Truezinc,

I wasnt referring to the chalk crosses ive mentioned but the big red crosses others have found.
Your post seemed to have a bit of a niggle at my suggestion, I'm honestly not bothered what you do with it, you asked for suggestions on what else you could add and im the only to reply thats all.

I also considered the hologram flying saucer (not a UFO, we know its a flying saucer lol) could be projected from a real one but either way its coming from somewhere.

One of the men in black movies hid a flying saucer in plain view, we've got one at the oddities museum, has it been checked whether its in full form or just stuck on the building.

I still believe myself that shoot for the stars either means some sort of shooting action or shoot out where you get 5 wanted stars.

Maybe from the observatory with time you can see a UFO amount at the stars and thats what you have to shoot down somehow.

My first gut reaction to the chillad chart at the cable cars was that its like a pyramid map but i think thats been left because we cant find an accesable hatch anywhere.
Maybe its a map for when/if we get into a flying saucer.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

WHY IS EVEYONE IGNORING DERINKUYU? This is a real life example of basically the same conspiracy XD Mountain and everything! http://en.wikipedia....nderground_City

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Truezinc,

I wasnt referring to the chalk crosses ive mentioned but the big red crosses others have found.
Your post seemed to have a bit of a niggle at my suggestion, I'm honestly not bothered what you do with it, you asked for suggestions on what else you could add and im the only to reply thats all.

I also considered the hologram flying saucer (not a UFO, we know its a flying saucer lol) could be projected from a real one but either way its coming from somewhere.

One of the men in black movies hid a flying saucer in plain view, we've got one at the oddities museum, has it been checked whether its in full form or just stuck on the building.

I still believe myself that shoot for the stars either means some sort of shooting action or shoot out where you get 5 wanted stars.

Maybe from the observatory with time you can see a UFO amount at the stars and thats what you have to shoot down somehow.

My first gut reaction to the chillad chart at the cable cars was that its like a pyramid map but i think thats been left because we cant find an accesable hatch anywhere.
Maybe its a map for when/if we get into a flying saucer.

http://en.wikipedia....nderground_City READ. THIS. It was featured on 'ancient Aliens' (Yes, the meme show) a while back.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's not a mountain, it has straight sides. The mural covers that, why use it in a glyph too? By the way, as for the mural? http://www.anciental...derground-city/ It shows a lot of similarities with derinkuyu, one of the things people use to argue the existence of ancient aliens. It was sealed usign large round stones, and had tiny air vents reaching out from the mountain. LOOK FOR THIS STUFF. That'd explain the 'children of the mountain' idea :) We can also use the mural to determine where the exits are, as the lines sometimes reach the edge of the mountain. There's one on each side, halfway up.

lol yeah clue_rain and clu3_moon are not the rain and moon glyph either sherlock?

it is a mountain

and mount chiliads geigraphicall reference in reql life is mount diablo. Ant that is proven as well

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

lol yeah clue_rain and clu3_moon are not the rain and moon glyph either sherlock?

it is a mountain

and mount chiliads geigraphicall reference in reql life is mount diablo. Ant that is proven as well

why would the mountain A) be shown twice

B) Have flat sides and a zigzag, like a beam. Just because it says mountain, doesnt mean it shows one, it means it's related to that bit of the puzzle. We already have the mountain, it's the mural... again, like derinkuyu... http://en.wikipedia....nderground_City

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Truezinc,

In which case huge apologies for the misunderstanding - my post in no way was meant to niggle at your suggestion and truth be told, sadly I re-read my post to make sure I didn't offend / get anyones back up as that really is the last thing I want to do - clearly I didn't achieve that.

And yes you are 100% correct - you are the only one to respond to this. Hence the reason (partly the reason) I didn't want to come across as having a niggle or as dismissive, the other "partly" is I am just not like that! The truth is I think the red crosses may tie in somehow - my question on red or white was only because you mentioned "chalk" - I assumed traditional white and I guess in my head I pictured the red crosses & arrows as 'painted'...

I guess what I am trying to say is; Please give me ideas, the more the merrier really, and I respectfully ask that you include as much detail as possible for a purely selfish reason - it makes my life in putting it on a map easier. If you don't / can't then that's fine but it will just mean I will have to do it myself (I have validated everything so far on the map personally for my own interest but this has only been because of others findings). I am just hoping that people will go "found a glyph/cross/arrow et al at this point *insert link*" because they took a photo at the time or remember it.

I am about to start logging radio masts and big satellite dishes because it was mentioned and it may lead to further discoveries. Just been trying to make it rain on Chilliad to help prove or disprove the 2nd UFO above Chilliad theory (off topic findings to follow).

TLDR: Sorry Scoobysrt, I think the spirit in which I wrote my post has been lost - I genuinely want to explore as many options as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users