Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think they mean an actual extension not just some new cars clothes etc WHERES YOUR IMAGINATION MAN

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by HakatoX, 05 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

After how many GTA games that had given infinite ammo and other little bells and whistles for completing steps to 100% is it so absurd to think that we want those types of rewards? not just things to look at?

You may think you aren't being abrasive, but your word choice says otherwise. 

• Saichotix, askinnywhitedildo, Yeknomzaps67 and 3 others like this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

After how many GTA games that had given infinite ammo and other little bells and whistles for completing steps to 100% is it so absurd to think that we want those types of rewards? not just things to look at?

You may think you aren't being abrasive, but your word choice says otherwise. 

And without wanting to start a discussion (let's not go there, please - no need for it), why do you always have to take it personally, as if I was directing my posts at you? Seriously, so what if there's nothing in the game? Will people's lives be ruined? 

I'll say it again: I'll be more than happy if there is something... But so far no one found hard evidence. The mural is nothing besides a mural so far. I could do a similar drawing with similar references and still mean nothing with it.
You used good words when you pointed out "little bells and whistles" for completing the game. Not mind-blowing insane things that were so hidden in the game that after all this time no one has a friggin' clue of what it means/where to find it/etc.

Then again, I DO have to admit that this GTA has things that are of Saints Row-like levels. Shame on you, Rockstar.

• AnEvilVet and rimer888 like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm totally with you Hakato
it is absolutely absurd
it's beyond absurd it's preposterous
  • askinnywhitedildo and phillip_trevors like this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 02:59 PM.

it is absolutely absurd

As is preposterous that in a forum, which is supposed to be an open space for one to give his opinion - no matter if it's "agains the waves" -, one can't freely speak of the possibility that this game is over. Oh no, I have to throw a theory about how if I have sex with the Infinite 8 bodies at 5.33AM while raining, an UFO will beam me up. That's perfectly logical and what we need.

Once again: everyone is free to have theories. But so far, let's accept the truth which is... to this point, they're only theories still. MANY of the things you're mentioning are pointing to SYMBOLISM, not clues to hidden items.

• AnEvilVet, rimer888 and jamston like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Guys, it really doesn't matter does it?  No-one is here to destroy anyone's 'fun'.  The people who think they have solved the mystery or that there is nothing mysterious to find or that there's no jetpack in the game or that it's all DLC aren't going around calling the people who believe rude names or verbally abusing their mothers.

The people who do believe in a jetpack or flyable UFO or copycat Infinity Killers or the like can believe what they want and follow as many theories as they want and it has no negative effect on anyones life.  However, they should also be open to the beliefs of others and open to the idea that this 'mystery' may be a lot more simple than people are making it.

Verbal abuse and overly critical comments on theories are of no help to anyone, regardless of the theory they believe or are working on.

What's more important is being f*cking nice to each other.  We're all fans of GTA V and we'd all like a f*cking jetpack or UFO to fly around in.  Some of us just don't think it's in the game at the moment, that's all.  Stop being twats to each other for god's sake.

• williamcampbell, Macontheweb007, _The_Kaiser_ and 3 others like this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Amen!

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

I didn't think I said anything verbally abusive to anyone
I think if I remember correctly I'm usually the one telling everybody to get along
I'm just expressing my frustration towards the fact that they put the puzzle in this game when in fact it could possibly apply to DLC or an expansion games similar to The Ballad of Gay Tony and the lost and the damned
  • trevors toe nail likes this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 03:13 PM.

I think if I remember correctly I'm usually the one telling everybody to get along
I'm just expressing my frustration towards the fact that they put the puzzle in this game when in fact it could possibly apply to DLC or an expansion games similar to The Ballad of Gay Tony and the lost and the damned

I understand your point, Deadman, and had other members PM'ing me about the matter. But what I told them, I'll tell you: it is not surprising and there's no reason to be much frustrated and let it ruin a good day. The gaming industry is all about $$$ nowadays, including those who we trusted (ahem, Rockstar). Life goes on! Rockstar did much for us in all those years. Let's just say that I don't agree with the DLC idea (rip off, I mean), but at least they weren't THQ until now... You know, releasing broken games and keeping ripping people off.

At least if it's DLC, people will finally shut up and stop the insane theories. In all honesty!

• trevors toe nail likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I wasn't referring to you specifically, it was a generalisation :)

snailmaze
  • snailmaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Okay, here's a quick alternate theory.

According to the Cultstoppers website ingame, the Altruists are at war against the Millenial Generation (people under 40) because of instructions given by their alien overlord Lord Zapho.

Across the Altruist camp is a great deal of graffiti -

Wuvzzr3.png
A lot of this graffiti relates to an eye and a person being risen and that he emits light.  Two of the yellow symbols above look like an eye, one half-open and one fully open and they are similar to the symbol on the Chiliad mural and under the Chiliad viewing platform that is accepted to stand for the UFO.

It is very likely that in the world of the game the Altruists have seen the UFO above Chiliad and therefore believe that Zapho has awakened from his slumber and his craft is now in the air.  The UFO emits light and would be very visible at night hence the constant refernces to light at the Altruist Camp and their use of the Sun symbol.  The Altruist website ingame states that they hate the sun and prefer the night, so it is likely that they use this symbol to represent the UFO as that will be very bright to them at night.

Merle Abrahams, the Infinity Killer, made clear in one of his clues that Mount Chiliad used to be a volcano.  In fact, there is volcanic rock along the Paleto Bay shoreline and a large chunk of the mountain missing, as if there had been an eruption in the past.

In the world of GTA V, Epsilonism is a spoof of Scientology and the Tracts of Epsilonism state that Kraff (the alien they worship) has been in a war since the 4th Paradigm.  It may be that Kraff and Lord Zapho are real, are part of the same race and have been at war with each other for many years (think Optimus Prime and Megatron, but from the animated movie, not the Michael Bay abortions - even if they did include a dam).

In Scientology, it is believed that an Alien overlord called Xenu killed billions of his people on Earth using hydrogen bombs to erupt volcanoes, similar to what Merryweather were going to do using the nuclear bomb on the faultline in the Merryweather Heist.

So where does this lead?  At the moment, nowhere.  Work has been done on game files to uncover secrets and an alien rune HUD, an alien egg and an asteroid have all been identified.  Currently, no use has been found for them but it is likely that these files have been included as a basis for a single player DLC campaign that unites the player with either Lord Zapho (if you killed Michael), Kraff (if you killed Trevor) or the FIB (if you saved both) to end the war.

Normal cynicism will be resumed shortly.

I've noticed something strange at the alurist camp !

there are two rocks to the left of the seating area when your looking out to the ocean
there are shadows on the rock that apper when you get close to them there like lines with taperd ends but disappear when you get far away from them

the thing is there's nothing to make these "shadows"

proberly nothing or a glitch but just seems strange

is any one needs more details let me know and ill help ....

get 100% on 360 and using trevor

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 05 December 2013 - 03:26 PM.

it is absolutely absurd

As is preposterous that in a forum, which is supposed to be an open space for one to give his opinion - no matter if it's "agains the waves" -, one can't freely speak of the possibility that this game is over. Oh no, I have to throw a theory about how if I have sex with the Infinite 8 bodies at 5.33AM while raining, an UFO will beam me up. That's perfectly logical and what we need.
Once again: everyone is free to have theories. But so far, let's accept the truth which is... to this point, they're only theories still. MANY of the things you're mentioning are pointing to SYMBOLISM, not clues to hidden items.
wait wait wait wait wait
when did I ever tell anyone to have sex with the infinite 8
or anything about 530 in the morning

snailmaze
  • snailmaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by snailmaze, 05 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Okay, here's a quick alternate theory.

According to the Cultstoppers website ingame, the Altruists are at war against the Millenial Generation (people under 40) because of instructions given by their alien overlord Lord Zapho.

Across the Altruist camp is a great deal of graffiti -

Wuvzzr3.png
A lot of this graffiti relates to an eye and a person being risen and that he emits light.  Two of the yellow symbols above look like an eye, one half-open and one fully open and they are similar to the symbol on the Chiliad mural and under the Chiliad viewing platform that is accepted to stand for the UFO.

It is very likely that in the world of the game the Altruists have seen the UFO above Chiliad and therefore believe that Zapho has awakened from his slumber and his craft is now in the air.  The UFO emits light and would be very visible at night hence the constant refernces to light at the Altruist Camp and their use of the Sun symbol.  The Altruist website ingame states that they hate the sun and prefer the night, so it is likely that they use this symbol to represent the UFO as that will be very bright to them at night.

Merle Abrahams, the Infinity Killer, made clear in one of his clues that Mount Chiliad used to be a volcano.  In fact, there is volcanic rock along the Paleto Bay shoreline and a large chunk of the mountain missing, as if there had been an eruption in the past.

In the world of GTA V, Epsilonism is a spoof of Scientology and the Tracts of Epsilonism state that Kraff (the alien they worship) has been in a war since the 4th Paradigm.  It may be that Kraff and Lord Zapho are real, are part of the same race and have been at war with each other for many years (think Optimus Prime and Megatron, but from the animated movie, not the Michael Bay abortions - even if they did include a dam).

In Scientology, it is believed that an Alien overlord called Xenu killed billions of his people on Earth using hydrogen bombs to erupt volcanoes, similar to what Merryweather were going to do using the nuclear bomb on the faultline in the Merryweather Heist.

So where does this lead?  At the moment, nowhere.  Work has been done on game files to uncover secrets and an alien rune HUD, an alien egg and an asteroid have all been identified.  Currently, no use has been found for them but it is likely that these files have been included as a basis for a single player DLC campaign that unites the player with either Lord Zapho (if you killed Michael), Kraff (if you killed Trevor) or the FIB (if you saved both) to end the war.

Normal cynicism will be resumed shortly.

I've noticed something strange at the alurist camp !

there are two rocks to the left of the seating area when your looking out to the ocean
there are shadows on the rock that apper when you get close to them there like lines with taperd ends but disappear when you get far away from them (like the 3am UFO)

the thing is there's nothing to make these "shadows"

proberly nothing or a glitch but just seems strange

is any one needs more details let me know and ill help ....

got 100% on 360 and using trevor

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 03:23 PM.

wait wait wait wait wait

My good friend, I ask you something: wait, wait, wait, when did I ever said it was about you? :p  It was just an example, seeing how most people only agree when absurd theories are involved.

That was my point to Hakato too: no need to take such things personally. My last post was in reply to you, though. :)

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by HakatoX, 05 December 2013 - 03:28 PM.

I think deadman was agreeing with my stating the rewards were absurd... not your post. 

I wasn't saying your post was absurd. 

I just noted how your choice of words can make one think the opposite of your intent. 

This is something I suffer from daily and in real life.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Then accept my most sincere apologies. :) Really. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 05 December 2013 - 03:29 PM.

wait wait wait wait wait

My good friend, I ask you something: wait, wait, wait, when did I ever said it was about you? :p  It was just an example, seeing how most people only agree when absurd theories are involved.
That was my point to Hakato too: no need to take such things personally. My last post was in reply to you, though. :)
well when you quote me in your response then I take it as if you are responding to me
I'm not taking offense to anything I just want to know when I ever said anything like that
but thank you for the clarification

and yes when I made the statement about it being absurd it was in reference to the rewards that weren't given
and that frustration was directed at Rockstar no one on these forms

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

well when you quote me in your response then I take it as if you are responding to me
I'm not taking offense to anything I just want to know when I ever said anything like that
but thank you for the clarification

I've quoted it because of the "preposterous" word and how I thought it was the same for certain things that happened around here. Not really as a direct response and meaning that you were the one saying such things. Don't worry.

As for the frustration, as I said:

I understand your point, Deadman, and had other members PM'ing me about the matter. But what I told them, I'll tell you: it is not surprising and there's no reason to be much frustrated and let it ruin a good day. The gaming industry is all about $$$ nowadays, including those who we trusted (ahem, Rockstar). Life goes on! Rockstar did much for us in all those years. Let's just say that I don't agree with the DLC idea (rip off, I mean), but at least they weren't THQ until now... You know, releasing broken games and keeping ripping people off.

At least if it's DLC, people will finally shut up and stop the insane theories. In all honesty!

Edit: and you know what's best? Maybe Brian will finally fall apart.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 05 December 2013 - 03:40 PM.

its cool will
water under the bridge man
obviously a misunderstanding on all of our parts

**edit**
lol
I didn't read the edit it about Brian
I got a good laugh out of that thank you

**edit**
and just to get some clarification to my frustration
selling a game that has clues to something
and offering that something in a future title is the equivalent of me selling you a bed frame with only a picture of what it should look like at the end
while withholding the instructions and the hardware to put it together

Dann_47
  • Dann_47

King in NFS, Noob in DOTA

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Dann_47, 05 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

So guys, you could increase the chance of seeing all these mysteries by doing your own story and not load someones else 100% save, as you wont know how they (the 100% save giver) actually completed the story. As such, if the 100% save game already completed one mission that has two endings, such as the Delivering The Truth mission, the mystery  will occur this way, but if you chose other option in the mission,

Spoiler
, the mystery could appear in different way.

so its better to play the story yourself and start exploring things.

and yes, even the platform on the chiliad writes it. COME BACK WHEN YOUR STORY IS FINISHED. the 'YOUR' really makes a point there.

• phillip_trevors likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

So guys, you could increase the chance of seeing all these mysteries by doing your own story and not load someones else 100% save, as you wont know how they (the 100% save giver) actually completed the story. As such, if the 100% save game already completed one mission that has two endings, such as the Delivering The Truth mission, the mystery  will occur this way, but if you chose other option in the mission,

Spoiler

and yes, even the platform on the chiliad writes it. COME BACK WHEN YOUR STORY IS FINISHED. the 'YOUR' really makes a point there.

The whole 'Karma' and 'multiple choice' strand of the game has no impact upon the ending or any mysteries. This has been proven time and time again.  The only impact these have is on your stats and the psych report at the end of the game and to ensure some replayability of a relatively short narrative.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

I would also like to point out to Dan... 

Many of us earned our 100%

Almost every other page we get a user telling they are ready to help as they reached their 100%

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 05 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Spoiler

That was the whole base of Brian's first theory, wasn't it? Then the guy went insane. But going back to its roots, I can attest to the fact that finishing the game multiple times in different ways won't give you anything different. Not even a rock out of place.

"Karma is a bitch" - not so much. Or maybe it is, when you speak so much of it that you yourself go nuts.

• HakatoX likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

yeah will I did the same thing
I have been to a hundred percent twice now

my second time through I killed everything that moved
my thought process was as the song tells you

if you want to get to heaven you gotta raise a little hell

but it didn't get me anything

CannaBitch
  • CannaBitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

oh nice 

Thanks ma

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

so has everyone seen the sunken Submarine that is larger than the one we are using. Its near the beach and it a whole bunch of stuff down there that crashed as if it was being worked on

yeah-it's from one of michael's strangers and freaks missions
  • Macontheweb007 likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

So you don't get anything for getting a true 100%? I'll never know because for some reason random events stopped triggering and now I can't complete things like the border patrol.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

since I've had to start the game over again and I'm not back at a hundred percent and no I've never tried this myself but wish I would have prior to starting over again
but has anyone ever went up to the top of Chilaid
Triggered the UFO and called 273 555 0155?

I'm just curious if anyone tried it

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ok so when you load the game and the screens show. And where is says "Press X for Online, or Story Mode is loading."

The other day I has the option to press triangle for event. Like seriously, it was right beside "press x for online", then "Press triangle for Event."

Does anyone know what that is? Cause I haven't been able to get it to load again. 

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by ZancudoTakeover, 05 December 2013 - 04:47 PM.

So you don't get anything for getting a true 100%? I'll never know because for some reason random events stopped triggering and now I can't complete things like the border patrol.

I'm in the same boat - I am missing the final epsilon mission.  Thats it outside of some random events (which I doubt matter anyway).  Emailed R* support 2+ weeks ago, attached all my saves and everything theyd need, got escalated to level 2 support. No response as of yet. Called them few days ago and they said they are overly busy because of the xbone/ps4.  What games are you supporting on nextgen there rockstar? 

Anyway, I think the answer is no. The savegame mod tool can put everything to gold now, dont think anyones seen a difference.

Ok so when you load the game and the screens show. And where is says "Press X for Online, or Story Mode is loading."

The other day I has the option to press triangle for event. Like seriously, it was right beside "press x for online", then "Press triangle for Event."

Does anyone know what that is? Cause I haven't been able to get it to load again. 

I saw that too a week or so ago.  I hit it immediatly and was just sent to some online session. I think it was the special crate weekend they had or something online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users