Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
GuilhermeSoares
  • GuilhermeSoares

C.E.O of IronSteel Solutions

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars. 

What are you talking about ?

I'm talking about the port that gives you an instant 4 stars if you enter it, there is either a huge black nuke in it or a submarine. 

Not sure where you were having difficulty.

I'm having difficulty in finding this port, since I've been to the LS port a few times and I didn't find any nuclear subs...

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I'm having difficulty in finding this port, since I've been to the LS port a few times and I didn't find any nuclear subs...

he refferes to the merryweather docks. you had to get inside it with trevor and wade's cousin for a job.

ThatPotatoGuy
  • ThatPotatoGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

clue.jpg

• Benjamoose likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Confirmation:

The ufo does completly dissapear when you get to far away from it.

you have to trigger it again. will check the switiching part after work tonight.

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars.

Its a sub, and i was just thier in the mini sub seaching the area and walls in and outside of the merryweather harbor.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Dont go over the top expecting a study in english litrature. Its a thread populated in the most part by kids too young to legally play the game (although i dont hold the same opinion on age restriction). Your never going to get perfect spelling and grammar on an Internet forum.
Although i agree with your reasoning i was very careful not to join the forum and then do nothing but have a go at the users. I dont think its fair to come here and lecture others about their forum.

Anyway,
I think the best thing that should have been done is that someone with dedication to decoding the murials should have started the/a thread and then any new or interesting information suggested or found throughout the thread edited into the first post.
Doing it that way gives a first page with all the info collated, it doesn't then matter what direction the thread takes for a few pages nor how members format their posts.

Only my 2 cents however. I'm new here myself and have no weight to throw around.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Dont go over the top expecting a study in english litrature. Its a thread populated in the most part by kids too young to legally play the game (although i dont hold the same opinion on age restriction). Your never going to get perfect spelling and grammar on an Internet forum.
Although i agree with your reasoning i was very careful not to join the forum and then do nothing but have a go at the users. I dont think its fair to come here and lecture others about their forum.

Anyway,
I think the best thing that should have been done is that someone with dedication to decoding the murials should have started the/a thread and then any new or interesting information suggested or found throughout the thread edited into the first post.
Doing it that way gives a first page with all the info collated, it doesn't then matter what direction the thread takes for a few pages nor how members format their posts.

Only my 2 cents however. I'm new here myself and have no weight to throw around.

I agree, it's what I did with the Easter Eggs thing and it quietened down somewhat but then started again.

However, I'd hate for this thread to close.  It'd be nice to have a thread running alongside that is updated with key info. One that is pinned and locked .

• themutedtrumpet likes this

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by Scoobysrt, 14 October 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Im up with that. Almost like a locked thread that only one or two can post on.

On the map being produced with the glyphs on etc, is it worth adding the X's

I found loads more chalk X's in the city last night but im sure they cant mean anything. There's too many of them.
Theres one on the dam where doms final mission is. Next to where the parachute is (incidentally i couldn't pick that up or do the jump)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1614] themutedtrumpet wrote:
“but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.”

I know it’s sort of a tongue-in-cheek use of the word--meaning something like show-off, smarty-pants, but totally impractical and out-of-touch. The point I wanted to make is that, in reality, the one thing this conversation absolutely needs is more academic thinking. Not “academic” in the joke sense that you were using, but in the actual meaning of the word.

I'm sorry to harp on about this, but it is not a 'tongue-in-cheek' or 'joke' meaning of the word. Nor does it mean 'show-off' or 'smarty-pants'. It is a perfectly acceptable and correct usage of the word, it simply means 'theoretical, but with no practical purpose'. The phrase 'this discussion is academic' is extremely common and I'm surprised you haven't heard it used this way before. It is indeed what academic means 'in real reality', there are many fine online dictionaries available and if you were to look at one of them you would find this definition alongside the 'actual' meaning, as you put it.
  • Benjamoose likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Arguing about word definitions in this thread is quite without point. You could almost say it was academic.
  • Benjamoose and themutedtrumpet like this

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just a point on the possibility of this 4th flying UFO. I read a while ago, on this thread I believe, that someone from Rockstar had suggested that there was something that hadn't been discovered over Los Santos. Can anyone confirm or discredit this?

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 14 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

I just wanted to thank the intelligent members around here who have been giving some sense to this mystery.

Really, I truly believe that there is something out there now and that's thanks to those who actually put some logic in it instead of "ZOMG you totally can change everything with the way you play even if the game doesn't let you - I'M RIGHT AND U WRONG". Not sure if it's a jetpack, though. Probably not. One of these days I mentioned that it was probably related to the alien presence in the game if there was something... seems like that's it.

By the way, it's hard to think that the Altruists camp is not related somehow... Just look at that place. Maybe they are twisted clues instead of directly being what we should do/look for. Hopefully I'm making sense. 

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Apologies for the multiple posts, things just keep occurring to me. I was having a search around Paleto Bay after yesterday's theory concerning the egg on the mural. Firstly, that 'egg' link is pretty undeniable; there are many more egg references there than were mentioned in that original reddit post in fact. Obviously, the Cluckin' Bell factory is there which explains it to some degree, but I thought it was significant that all of the imagery and puns are egg related and none to do with chickens, which would be the more obvious choice for the in-game equivalent of KFC. One small quirk I noticed was that the hour hand on the egg-shaped clocks doesn't move, the minute hand works perfectly and corresponds with the time on your phone, but the hour hand always points at 12. This could just be an error in my copy of the game of course, but it caught my attention nonetheless.

TrustNo1
  • TrustNo1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day?

• GreeenDude likes this

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by TrueZink, 14 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Im up with that. Almost like a locked thread that only one or two can post on.
On the map being produced with the glyphs on etc, is it worth adding the X's
I found loads more chalk X's in the city last night but im sure they cant mean anything. There's too many of them.
Theres one on the dam where doms final mission is. Next to where the parachute is (incidentally i couldn't pick that up or do the jump)

Scoobysrt, I am more than happy to overlay whatever the community (read: everyone/anyone) think is relevant providing it makes sense i.e. not "ooh, maybe we should map the locations of all the palm trees!"

My line of thinking is that the designer / artist / whoever put certain things in a certain location for a certain reason. My personal lead at the moment is the red arrows as I find it difficult to believe someone thought they would place arrows randomly with just a view to troll people. I am hoping a link will appear through some of the obvious things such as the glyphs or arrows and/or some with a more artistic interpretation like the radio towers and satellite dishes linked through the lightning / radio zigzags on the mural, the Wow! signal in the hippy camp etc.

The way I am building the map up is via layers so that if someone says "hey, I think there is a link between the radio masts and the arrows", the two can be left visible with everything else filtered out and a conclusion can easily be made.

All I ask from my position is that if you think these chalk crosses (are they red or white btw?) are worth looking into, can you provide me with information to find them (snapmatic links via R* SC are ideal, "somewhere near fort zancudo" not so much). That way I am hoping that everyone can see live updates at a single point and contribute (should they wish to) to a group effort. At the moment there is a good chance that someone has seen a red arrow / cross somewhere and hasn't said anything because a red arrow in isolation is nothing, however 2 or 3 pointing at one another starts to perk up interest.

Hopefully this is something that interests people as a whole, something that people can contribute to together and decipher together. If I'm on my jack then so be it, it will just be a much longer process.

Regards,

TrueZink
  • themutedtrumpet likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just a point on the possibility of this 4th flying UFO. I read a while ago, on this thread I believe, that someone from Rockstar had suggested that there was something that hadn't been discovered over Los Santos. Can anyone confirm or discredit this?

I think it was that shaft guy who posted earlier today . At least from what I remember of the Jetpack threads.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think we should abandon the T1 and T2 markings on the FIB and IAA buildings, might be Tower 1 and Tower 2 because both buildings are identical.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think it was that shaft guy who posted earlier today . At least from what I remember of the Jetpack threads.

Cool, cheers. I'm just going to assume for now that there is absolutely, positively a UFO to be found over LS and do as thorough a search as I can. Worst thing that can happen is that it's utterly fruitless, which is exactly the same result as everything else I've been trying, so no harm done.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Can a plane (Jet) go high enough to find the UFO's?

If so, could someone do a small raid over LS, quick look if theres anything there that might point us somewhere

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

hey thats my first time here :)

i dont have anything to say like the other, but i read all of your theories.

Only one thing is only on my mind:

At the mission "the big score" there is the cutter when you choose the "B" way i thing.
My question: Can you use it without any mission ? 

Perhaps it can be very usefull ;)

sry for my bad english -> i`m a german guy.

send me a pm in german. Greetings from north hessen

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

THREE simple theories here WITH EVIDENCE

ONE: VERY LIKELY.

When looking at the glyphs seen on the face of mount chiliad, two stick out, because they remain unsolved. There’s a UFO with a beam coming out of it, and there’s half a UFO, possibly worn away by the weather. It’s only when you put these two glyphs together that they make any sense. The half-UFO wasn’t corroded by the weather. It’s in fact the only clue we have to say ‘hologram.’

As it’s proven that the chiliad UFO is just that, the other glyph reveals a startling truth. The chiliad UFO is a decoy… from a REAL ONE. The reason we haven’t found any new clues is because the one we’re looking for so intently has been right where we began since the start. Wherever there’s been a red eye, we’ve seen a UFO, correct? NOT a hologram, an actual, solid UFO. So here’s the thing… why haven’t we found it? Quite simply, we haven’t been looking. After seeing the hologram, everyone celebrates. ‘Woohoo, we found the Chiliad clue. Let’s move on.’

Even the fact it’s a hologram disinterests people. There’s also the fact that the location is thoroughly wrong. The chiliad UFO does not appear over the cable car stop; it’s off to the side, lined up with the viewing platform. This should, in theory, also be visible from the Galileo observatory; We can see the observatory from the platform, so why not the other way around?! But we can’t see it from there, because like the symbol, the hologram is only half a UFO, generated in the direction of the platform.

Most importantly, the UFO shown looks quite low, right? IT ISN’T. going from the sheer height of mount chiliad the damned thing is at least 100ft in the air. Therefore, we either call Rockstar’s own mural wrong, or we figure out the right answer. Someone, anyone, get airborne and start looking, WHILE THE HOLOGRAM IS UP.

Here's the mural again so you can see what I mean...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/0ohz06P.png&imgrefurl=http://gtaforums.com/topic/603946-decoding-the-mount-chiliad-mural/&h=527&w=876&sz=78&tbnid=Ek7USHxjCymwTM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=150&zoom=1&usg=__KL74hOp4z_tvCqkUjxPIDpcxSEk=&docid=xbUm5uuCL3UmpM&sa=X&ei=9gpcUuHcEeGm0QWriYHQBQ&ved=0CEgQ9QEwAw

TWO: LESS LIKELY

The UFO isn’t a hologram. Simply, it has a cloaking device. As we approach, it activates. This means that the UFO is always there, and if we find the direct location of the damned thing it’ll be solid like all the rest.

THREE: QUITE LIKELY

The hologram is being generated from the observatory, hence why it falls in the exact opposite direction and is therefore visible only from the mountain. We then need an explanation for the beam glyph. This is why I genuinely believe theory one is true.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by stangone50, 14 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Can a plane (Jet) go high enough to find the UFO's?

If so, could someone do a small raid over LS, quick look if theres anything there that might point us somewhere

Yes they can but they may go so fast unless you hit the perfect spot you may never see the UFOs (if there are any more )

I was curious if anyone has been able to fly a jet directly into the beam under the UFO straight up into it ... I looked on you tube .. havent seen any attempts

Awol ... I do not think the half washed eye glyph is telling us the UFO is a hologram because that would become obvious once we found it .

I think your right about locating where the hologram is coming from,it makes sence if step 1 was go back when your story is complete , step 2 the UFO appears , after little investigation you realize its a hologram ..an obvious thought would be to find out where this hologram is coming from .  

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

I genuinely think the next UFO will give us the answers. All of them. Let's admit, right now we're at a dead end, but when the next big clue shows up everything will fall into place :)

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

I can confirm that none of the ufo's (above hippies for example) show up until you have 100%. After I gave up on finding them I got a 100% save and found them easily.

I've popped the holo, visited the other ufo's and then set to sift through the LS sky with a buzzard. I've been flying for a few hours with no luck.

Any ideas of where to look?
Currently I'm only looking above LS itself with varying heights

--
Since the ufo's had an FIB marking on them, naturally I went to the FIB building first (T2) but nada

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I can confirm that none of the ufo's (above hippies for example) show up until you have 100%. After I gave up on finding them I got a 100% save and found them easily.

I've popped the holo, visited the other ufo's and then set to sift through the LS sky with a buzzard. I've been flying for a few hours with no luck.

Any ideas of where to look?
Currently I'm only looking above LS itself with varying heights

My theory: GO BACK TO CHILIAD. The holo ufo is comin from somewhere, right? We're also given a glyph that shows a beam coming down from a UFO, and half a UFO also that represents a hologram. I think we've missed another chiliad UFO because we simply accepted the hologram as the clue, and moved on. This is typical R* fashion, such an obvious yet disrupting curveball like this. 

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

My theory: GO BACK TO CHILIAD. The holo ufo is comin from somewhere, right? We're also given a glyph that shows a beam coming down from a UFO, and half a UFO also that represents a hologram. I think we've missed another chiliad UFO because we simply accepted the hologram as the clue, and moved on. This is typical R* fashion, such an obvious yet disrupting curveball like this.

It's a good idea. After I've popped the holo, I waited about 8 game hours around Chiliad to make sure the holo does not disappear. I took my buzzard and flew all around looking for interesting stuff. The holo itself disappears when you get far from it, but when you get back it's shown once again. I've also had a hard time seeing it from the buzzard, I thought you need to step on the ground. But that's just a distance thing, I can confirm that if I fly close enough to the ground I can see it from the buzzard.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

clue.jpg

I looked right at that logo the other day and did not notice that same UFO outline pattern... I've seen it in two other spots...

I think there is some minor purpose for this... I also noticed the same pattern in the fountain with the eye sculpture at the Koltz center. Maybe its to confuse us or to draw our attention to some detail that will lead to a clue.  

Its most likely little clues like this that will eventually lead to the solving of whatever this easter egg/mystery is.

The best thing is most of the people here will be focused on harping on the same old stuff while people who are looking at the little stuff that is cumulatively more obvious and compiles to build the final keys to solving this.

Thanks for the pix.

FYI- Looked into who or what Arcadius was... He was a weak Roman Emperor of the Byzantine half of the Empire... from 383 to 408 AD...

Totally not who I thought he was... and as far as I know there are no myths or legends attributed to him... basically he was a boring chap dominated by his wife's influence.

I was hoping he was rumored to have had an ancient greek jetpack or something... stupid lousy Byzantine Empire and its lack of hidden alien technology.

• Benjamoose likes this

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Perhaps he had a jetpack powered chariot.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's a good idea. After I've popped the holo, I waited about 8 game hours around Chiliad to make sure the holo does not disappear. I took my buzzard and flew all around looking for interesting stuff. The holo itself disappears when you get far from it, but when you get back it's shown once again. I've also had a hard time seeing it from the buzzard, I thought you need to step on the ground. But that's just a distance thing, I can confirm that if I fly close enough to the ground I can see it from the buzzard.

The other clue towards a chiliad UFO for real is that the MURAL DOES NOT LINE UP with the UFO. The holo is off the edge of the mountain ffs! THE MURAL SHOWS IT AS STRAIGHT UP. Also, the illusion of it being low down helps confuse us. The mural depicts the ufo to be low, but when you realise that it's compared to the WHOLE MOUNTAIN, it's at least 100ft up in the air :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users