• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think we should abandon the T1 and T2 markings on the FIB and IAA buildings, might be Tower 1 and Tower 2 because both buildings are identical.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think it was that shaft guy who posted earlier today . At least from what I remember of the Jetpack threads.

Cool, cheers. I'm just going to assume for now that there is absolutely, positively a UFO to be found over LS and do as thorough a search as I can. Worst thing that can happen is that it's utterly fruitless, which is exactly the same result as everything else I've been trying, so no harm done.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Can a plane (Jet) go high enough to find the UFO's?

If so, could someone do a small raid over LS, quick look if theres anything there that might point us somewhere

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

hey thats my first time here :)

i dont have anything to say like the other, but i read all of your theories.

Only one thing is only on my mind:

At the mission "the big score" there is the cutter when you choose the "B" way i thing.
My question: Can you use it without any mission ? 

Perhaps it can be very usefull ;)

sry for my bad english -> i`m a german guy.

send me a pm in german. Greetings from north hessen

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

THREE simple theories here WITH EVIDENCE

ONE: VERY LIKELY.

When looking at the glyphs seen on the face of mount chiliad, two stick out, because they remain unsolved. There’s a UFO with a beam coming out of it, and there’s half a UFO, possibly worn away by the weather. It’s only when you put these two glyphs together that they make any sense. The half-UFO wasn’t corroded by the weather. It’s in fact the only clue we have to say ‘hologram.’

As it’s proven that the chiliad UFO is just that, the other glyph reveals a startling truth. The chiliad UFO is a decoy… from a REAL ONE. The reason we haven’t found any new clues is because the one we’re looking for so intently has been right where we began since the start. Wherever there’s been a red eye, we’ve seen a UFO, correct? NOT a hologram, an actual, solid UFO. So here’s the thing… why haven’t we found it? Quite simply, we haven’t been looking. After seeing the hologram, everyone celebrates. ‘Woohoo, we found the Chiliad clue. Let’s move on.’

Even the fact it’s a hologram disinterests people. There’s also the fact that the location is thoroughly wrong. The chiliad UFO does not appear over the cable car stop; it’s off to the side, lined up with the viewing platform. This should, in theory, also be visible from the Galileo observatory; We can see the observatory from the platform, so why not the other way around?! But we can’t see it from there, because like the symbol, the hologram is only half a UFO, generated in the direction of the platform.

Most importantly, the UFO shown looks quite low, right? IT ISN’T. going from the sheer height of mount chiliad the damned thing is at least 100ft in the air. Therefore, we either call Rockstar’s own mural wrong, or we figure out the right answer. Someone, anyone, get airborne and start looking, WHILE THE HOLOGRAM IS UP.

Here's the mural again so you can see what I mean...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/0ohz06P.png&imgrefurl=http://gtaforums.com/topic/603946-decoding-the-mount-chiliad-mural/&h=527&w=876&sz=78&tbnid=Ek7USHxjCymwTM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=150&zoom=1&usg=__KL74hOp4z_tvCqkUjxPIDpcxSEk=&docid=xbUm5uuCL3UmpM&sa=X&ei=9gpcUuHcEeGm0QWriYHQBQ&ved=0CEgQ9QEwAw

TWO: LESS LIKELY

The UFO isn’t a hologram. Simply, it has a cloaking device. As we approach, it activates. This means that the UFO is always there, and if we find the direct location of the damned thing it’ll be solid like all the rest.

THREE: QUITE LIKELY

The hologram is being generated from the observatory, hence why it falls in the exact opposite direction and is therefore visible only from the mountain. We then need an explanation for the beam glyph. This is why I genuinely believe theory one is true.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by stangone50, 14 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Can a plane (Jet) go high enough to find the UFO's?

If so, could someone do a small raid over LS, quick look if theres anything there that might point us somewhere

Yes they can but they may go so fast unless you hit the perfect spot you may never see the UFOs (if there are any more )

I was curious if anyone has been able to fly a jet directly into the beam under the UFO straight up into it ... I looked on you tube .. havent seen any attempts

Awol ... I do not think the half washed eye glyph is telling us the UFO is a hologram because that would become obvious once we found it .

I think your right about locating where the hologram is coming from,it makes sence if step 1 was go back when your story is complete , step 2 the UFO appears , after little investigation you realize its a hologram ..an obvious thought would be to find out where this hologram is coming from .  

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just a couple of thoughts. The Arcadius building is shaped like a jetpack when viewed from the air.

Also, what about the film studio? When you go down during the day you see them hanging around in their astronaut suit. At night they disappear and the filming lights are on outside the studio. Perhaps there is a way in? They could have a rocket inside one of the studios or even THE jetpack. I'm not saying it will fly though!

I genuinely think the next UFO will give us the answers. All of them. Let's admit, right now we're at a dead end, but when the next big clue shows up everything will fall into place :)

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

I can confirm that none of the ufo's (above hippies for example) show up until you have 100%. After I gave up on finding them I got a 100% save and found them easily.

I've popped the holo, visited the other ufo's and then set to sift through the LS sky with a buzzard. I've been flying for a few hours with no luck.

Any ideas of where to look?
Currently I'm only looking above LS itself with varying heights

--
Since the ufo's had an FIB marking on them, naturally I went to the FIB building first (T2) but nada

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I can confirm that none of the ufo's (above hippies for example) show up until you have 100%. After I gave up on finding them I got a 100% save and found them easily.

I've popped the holo, visited the other ufo's and then set to sift through the LS sky with a buzzard. I've been flying for a few hours with no luck.

Any ideas of where to look?
Currently I'm only looking above LS itself with varying heights

My theory: GO BACK TO CHILIAD. The holo ufo is comin from somewhere, right? We're also given a glyph that shows a beam coming down from a UFO, and half a UFO also that represents a hologram. I think we've missed another chiliad UFO because we simply accepted the hologram as the clue, and moved on. This is typical R* fashion, such an obvious yet disrupting curveball like this. 

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

My theory: GO BACK TO CHILIAD. The holo ufo is comin from somewhere, right? We're also given a glyph that shows a beam coming down from a UFO, and half a UFO also that represents a hologram. I think we've missed another chiliad UFO because we simply accepted the hologram as the clue, and moved on. This is typical R* fashion, such an obvious yet disrupting curveball like this.

It's a good idea. After I've popped the holo, I waited about 8 game hours around Chiliad to make sure the holo does not disappear. I took my buzzard and flew all around looking for interesting stuff. The holo itself disappears when you get far from it, but when you get back it's shown once again. I've also had a hard time seeing it from the buzzard, I thought you need to step on the ground. But that's just a distance thing, I can confirm that if I fly close enough to the ground I can see it from the buzzard.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

clue.jpg

I looked right at that logo the other day and did not notice that same UFO outline pattern... I've seen it in two other spots...

I think there is some minor purpose for this... I also noticed the same pattern in the fountain with the eye sculpture at the Koltz center. Maybe its to confuse us or to draw our attention to some detail that will lead to a clue.  

Its most likely little clues like this that will eventually lead to the solving of whatever this easter egg/mystery is.

The best thing is most of the people here will be focused on harping on the same old stuff while people who are looking at the little stuff that is cumulatively more obvious and compiles to build the final keys to solving this.

Thanks for the pix.

FYI- Looked into who or what Arcadius was... He was a weak Roman Emperor of the Byzantine half of the Empire... from 383 to 408 AD...

Totally not who I thought he was... and as far as I know there are no myths or legends attributed to him... basically he was a boring chap dominated by his wife's influence.

I was hoping he was rumored to have had an ancient greek jetpack or something... stupid lousy Byzantine Empire and its lack of hidden alien technology.

• Benjamoose likes this

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Perhaps he had a jetpack powered chariot.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's a good idea. After I've popped the holo, I waited about 8 game hours around Chiliad to make sure the holo does not disappear. I took my buzzard and flew all around looking for interesting stuff. The holo itself disappears when you get far from it, but when you get back it's shown once again. I've also had a hard time seeing it from the buzzard, I thought you need to step on the ground. But that's just a distance thing, I can confirm that if I fly close enough to the ground I can see it from the buzzard.

The other clue towards a chiliad UFO for real is that the MURAL DOES NOT LINE UP with the UFO. The holo is off the edge of the mountain ffs! THE MURAL SHOWS IT AS STRAIGHT UP. Also, the illusion of it being low down helps confuse us. The mural depicts the ufo to be low, but when you realise that it's compared to the WHOLE MOUNTAIN, it's at least 100ft up in the air :)

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

clue.jpg

I looked right at that logo the other day and did not notice that same UFO outline pattern... I've seen it in two other spots...

I think there is some minor purpose for this... I also noticed the same pattern in the fountain with the eye sculpture at the Koltz center. Maybe its to confuse us or to draw our attention to some detail that will lead to a clue.  

Its most likely little clues like this that will eventually lead to the solving of whatever this easter egg/mystery is.

The best thing is most of the people here will be focused on harping on the same old stuff while people who are looking at the little stuff that is cumulatively more obvious and compiles to build the final keys to solving this.

Thanks for the pix.

FYI- Looked into who or what Arcadius was... He was a weak Roman Emperor of the Byzantine half of the Empire... from 383 to 408 AD...

Totally not who I thought he was... and as far as I know there are no myths or legends attributed to him... basically he was a boring chap dominated by his wife's influence.

I was hoping he was rumored to have had an ancient greek jetpack or something... stupid lousy Byzantine Empire and its lack of hidden alien technology.

Sorry to have to debunk you man, that was a good spot, but the arcadius logo is a hexagon, and the UFO is an octagon :(

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it, in case it clicks with anyone.

I was thinking about what Grumbledore - think it was them anyway- said. If you were a character, you wouldn't have access to google etcetera.

You would have access to eyefind, however.

So I started eyefinding stuff: chiliad, UFO mural, fib and so on. Unfortunately it all came out blank.

Then if eyefound - if that's even a word- 'shoot for the stars'. This brought back six results, none of them seem connected to each other or the phrase that was searched. They were:

Southern San Andreas super autos
Children of the mountain
The Internet is a hellhole
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Like I say, probably nothing, but hey ho.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

GUYS... please go to chiliad, and try and either work out exactly where the holo is, or find a UFO, or even both, as according to the glyph, the projection craft is straight above the real one :)

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Actually I've been meaning to check that place out but I get a wanted level as soon as I go in, so I've decided to save that till I use the "no cops glitch"...

I won't be able to check it out on in the actual game, until tonight... But I have the digital manual on my iPhone and if the Arcadius building is the one with the three cylindrical towers... it personally does not really look so much (to me) like a jetpack from the satellite map...

BUT... interesting thing is...

If you look at the courtyard, from the satellite map, you'll see three triangular sections of grass, from above they form a larger triangle... (part of the orientation of the whole building) the apex of which points to the Galileo Observatory.

I still have no solid proof, but there are so many little things that lead to or tie in to that place... and I'm thinking more and more that physically drawing where things are pointed towards, the alignment of certain key structures  etc, on the map may well reveal something.

It does IN SO MANY MOVIES! and GTA references SO MANY MOVIES! 

I'll laugh BOTH my ass cheeks off if in the end the final answer is found that way.

Thanks for making me notice the building alignment and good call.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it, in case it clicks with anyone.

I was thinking about what Grumbledore - think it was them anyway- said. If you were a character, you wouldn't have access to google etcetera.

So I started eyefinding stuff: chiliad, UFO mural, fib and so on. Unfortunately it all came out blank.

Then if eyefound - if that's even a word- 'shoot for the stars'. This brought back six results, none of them seem connected to each other or the phrase that was searched. They were:

Children of the mountain
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Try 'Segregate and Rearrange'...

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Actually I've been meaning to check that place out but I get a wanted level as soon as I go in, so I've decided to save that till I use the "no cops glitch"...

I won't be able to check it out on in the actual game, until tonight... But I have the digital manual on my iPhone and if the Arcadius building is the one with the three cylindrical towers... it personally does not really look so much (to me) like a jetpack from the satellite map...

BUT... interesting thing is...

If you look at the courtyard, from the satellite map, you'll see three triangular sections of grass, from above they form a larger triangle... (part of the orientation of the whole building) the apex of which points to the Galileo Observatory.

I still have no solid proof, but there are so many little things that lead to or tie in to that place... and I'm thinking more and more that physically drawing where things are pointed towards, the alignment of certain key structures  etc, on the map may well reveal something.

It does IN SO MANY MOVIES! and GTA references SO MANY MOVIES! 

I'll laugh BOTH my ass cheeks off if in the end the final answer is found that way.

Thanks for making me notice the building alignment and good call.

Guys, trying to solve this shouldn't be this hard, we're missing a major clue, and in typical R* fashion it has to be where we started, atop chiliad. The UFO beam glyph and the half-eye 'weathered' glyph seem to suggest another UFO high above the hologram, beaming down a decoy. This also explains why the mural basically shows the UFO in the wrong place on the mountain :)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Children of the mountain
Pow cleanse
Cash for dreams
Merry weather security

Nice idea, I thought there might be more clues hidden in the in-game internet too. I think these came up when you searched that particular phrase simply because of the 'for' and 'the', lots more would have come up if it could show more than 6 results. Search 'the' - 6 results, search 'for' - 6 results, search 'stars' - 0 results. Good effort though.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM.

As tribute to the novel 'Ready Player One,' by Ernest Cline about gamers trying to crack an easter egg worth 250 billion real dollars, I think anyone searching for the easter egg is now officially a 'Gunter,' short for Egg Hunter.

• GreeenDude likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

clue.jpg

Thanks for the pix.

Sorry to have to debunk you man, that was a good spot, but the arcadius logo is a hexagon, and the UFO is an octagon :(

And the little stick man wearing a jet pack in the mural looks exactly like a real human scaled down... but humans have ten fingers and toes... so its not a real clue... DEBUNKED!

Maybe you are right, but... variations of that same damn symbol keep showing up. not duplicates of the same textures or cloned models... stuff the designers went and made completely separately but all have the same shape... maybe its a coincidence... maybe it is a magenta herring, I don't know... but they seem to have wasted some effort in using that symbol, you could be right and it is not a reference to the UFO, but it seems to have some purpose or meaning.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

As tribute to the novel 'Ready Player One,' by Ernest Cline about gamers trying to crack an easter egg worth 250 billion real dollars, I think anyone searching for the easter egg is now officially a 'Gunter,' short for Egg Hunter.

That would be fitting if the easter egg in the mural turned out to be 250 billion in game dollars. Far less satisfying than a fully flyable UFO with death rays and hillbilly abductor beam.

• Awolspitfire likes this

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

clue.jpg

Thanks for the pix.

And the little stick man wearing a jet pack in the mural looks exactly like a real human scaled down... but humans have ten fingers and toes... so its not a real clue... DEBUNKED!

Maybe you are right, but... variations of that same damn symbol keep showing up. not duplicates of the same textures or cloned models... stuff the designers went and made completely separately but all have the same shape... maybe its a coincidence... maybe it is a magenta herring, I don't know... but they seem to have wasted some effort in using that symbol, you could be right and it is not a reference to the UFO, but it seems to have some purpose or meaning.

Fair point mate, was just saying that it'd have been easy to make it an octagon. But otherwise yeah that's weird :)

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

That would be fitting if the easter egg in the mural turned out to be 250 billion in game dollars. Far less satisfying than a fully flyable UFO with death rays and hillbilly abductor beam.

So, gunters, assemble... go to chilad and search for the UFO that is obviously there. R* have tricked us into thinking chiliad is done... whenever we see a red eye it means UFO, and yes theres a hologram but admit it, we've all been stupid and disregarded the lack of a real UFO. Also, the hologram is coming from SOMEWHERE?! THE REAL UFO!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Awolspitfire, 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Dear god... I have just realised that there's a lot to be learned from 'Ready Player One!' It too had three distinct challenges, and three prizes, which were only useful in obtaining one grand prize! WE HAVE THREE, a jetpack, UFO and egg, just like the three keys in the book! Also like the book, the clues are all cryptic as f*ck, and like the WOW! signal they require outside research and knowledge to solve. Basically, let's go about this like Wade Watts does. ONE THING AT A GODDAMNED TIME. At the beginning of the book, the clues are everywhere, but none fit together. It's patience and simplicity that leads to the first prize, and most imortantly isolation from unrelated, more complex later clues. Going on the resarch theory, I PRESENT TO YOU, DERINKUYU. I admi ti actually learned about the aliens meme by watchign the tv show seriously when it was on last year, and this in particular is just... exactly what we have here! This place was built into the mountain to protect from UFOs, according to the nutters who believe this crap. However, we can learn that the place had air vents, tiny ones, that led all the way out through the top of the stone. Someone referenced some air vents like these, covered by grates? CLUE.

https://www.google.c...p%3A%2F%2Fthetr

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I prefer Bunny myself. That's what we called ourselves in the SA days.
  • Benjamoose likes this

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

@ Awolspitfire, segregate and rearrange returns:

Super autos
Pedal and metal
San Andreas DMV
War stock cash and carry
Department of water and power
Dr freidlander

@ themutedtrumpet That's what I thought at first. But it doesn't appear to work that way. If you search just 'shoot' for example, it returns one record: ammunition. Ammunition isn't one of the six returned for 'shoot for the stars'.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Being able to see the UFO is actually attached to YOURE camera angle, not where the character is.

IF we had a camera angle that was far enough back we could fly into the UFO while seeing it, for example.

Hope that makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users