19,747 replies to this topic
timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Altruist glyphs!

I found it on the french thread, courtesy of Nexide.

awesome
I've been waiting to see this for some time now

**edit**
you know the more I look at the Altruist camp, all the imagery graffited all over the place, and after reading the decoded version of their website
the more I'm thinking that this camp doesn't belong to these guys they took it from someone
maybe the hippies?

I showed up tithe camp as Trevor while wearing only underwear ( because of the mention of no clothes in the morse code) and the man in the tower seemed excited to see me. I'm not sure if his reaction is always the same though.
  • Ungreth, Deadman2112 and Mr.Livid like this

thatdavekid
  • thatdavekid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Surely someone has taken chop to the pink dinosaur by the diner right?  I did a search on chop and dinosaur and read every result on all pages in this topic and found no mention of this. Yea did a Google search too. I saw a snapmatic looking at the big dino footprint that clearly shows a bone on the sign post, it very closely resembles the chop symbol on the map.  Not to mention the big friggin' hot DOG.  Please someone tell me this has been done already.

Here's a youtube vid someone made of the dino itself.  If you go to 2:28 you will see the bone I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jSQcHqR0KpY

As always, going to do this myself but I'm at work right now.  That damn dino on the game map has never been explained properly has it?  It's just there for no special reason as far as I can tell.

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Tree Tree*
Those wondering about the dead tree, what about the one in Gordos east side next to the small pool of water? Maybe shine space docker lights on it, burn with gasoline or Molotov it, perhaps take chop to investigate?

Droxsico
  • Droxsico

Droxsicon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

hello , not to be rude but has anyone seen my post on the last page , i might be on to something there

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

So the sun in the back of the cave isn't a separate glyph, it's upside down. Interesting. 

spicyheat
  • spicyheat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Out and about but had a quick thought - may be the beer speaking but The alien stuff reference karma. everyone was saying how you play the game but thatd be a dick move on R*s part to make you restart the whole thing.  Wont be on to try anything like this till tomorrow likely but hear me out.

What if its something along the lines like Franklyn stole the movie theater JB car and has to return it, the aliens are in various states of undress later in the game because they cant finish the movie without lead car/actress you ejected from car.  Return a JB decommissioned for karama/continue shooting the flick/last level is a shooting space movie for the studio.

The files are referencing another UFO ground level there, trying to think of some type of scenario outside the box thatd make sense.

Has anyone tried taking a JB car to the studios. I would hv but I'm at 95% and if this proves to be true then we may hv got our hidden UFO.

cyberwookie81
  • cyberwookie81

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by cyberwookie81, 03 December 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Good News: This box doesn't exist in my current save (I'm working on True 100 and haven't made it there quite yet)

Bad News: I haven't wiped out the altruists in my 100% save, and the package may only appear when they're gone.

I went to the camp using my pre and post 100% saves and the box wasn't there. I do remember shooting that box in the past, but nothing happened. It might have been right after I killed all the Altruist members when I was messing around, but I'm not sure. That would support the theory that it only appears when you trigger the mission to kill the Altruist members.

In my pre 100% save, I did notice that members would instantly appear by the doors of one of the buildings and then run away. I was kind of hoping a door would open instead. I haven't seen this in my post 100% save before, so I thought it was interesting even though it's nothing.

Regarding lightning, I have yet to even see it, lol. I've only seen the flashes so far. I would love to see it strike something.

hidden packages  were removed from game so was lightning

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by HakatoX, 03 December 2013 - 05:38 PM.

CyberWookie, 

If you respond to a huge quote with just a sentence, could you trim up the quote a little as well?

hello , not to be rude but has anyone seen my post on the last page , i might be on to something there

Not to be rude but did you use google first?

You cannot expect current progress to be dropped just to change the direction at your request.....

This has been speculated, but that's as far as it went... 

Nothing has come up about a jetpack and we haven't seen Cris in the game since he left....

So either lead is a dead end at the moment

Droxsico
  • Droxsico

Droxsicon

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

CyberWookie, 

If you respond to a huge quote with just a sentence, could you trim up the quote a little as well?

Not to be rude but did you use google first?

You cannot expect current progress to be dropped just to change the direction at your request.....

This has been speculated, but that's as far as it went... 

Nothing has come up about a jetpack and we haven't seen Cris in the game since he left....

So either lead is a dead end at the moment

ok sorry , just wanted to put an interesting thing , someone did manage to get past crush depth by modding there health to like 2 billion so that could work

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Edit: 

Also, those flashes on the mural and lines underneath it, suggest (in my opinion) that they are shockwaves, not lightning flashes. The lines underneath could be representing Lava, but I've seen no evidence of such thing as Lava in Game. The only Vulcano reference I can find is the one at Rex's Diner but the shockwave/energy is in my opinion a sign of earthquaking, not lightningstorm.

Close (ish)

I think the bolts do represent lighting and that the upward lines represent movement. The movement could be in the form of an earthquake and / or an eruption, both of which will cause lighting (heat and or ball form) in real life.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

The mural does look catastrophic.

Carrahar117
  • Carrahar117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Now I know this may be asking a lot, but i don't really fancy looking through 500 pages worth of theories and facts. So would anyone kindly bring me up to speed? So i know vital information such as what each glyph means and which theory did the best, those sort of things.

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone know what that mural at top of mt chilliad means...???
  • Slash59 likes this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Guys.... 

Click this link
Copy this name: rossmacno1

Add it to the open space, check posts. then we can move on.

• rossmacno1 and Trask like this

PrideofofCucamonga
  • PrideofofCucamonga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hey quick speculation about fort Z. There are radio antenne on top of the hangers on the north side. These can be targeted and destroyed by locking on with the jet/heli missiles. And sticky bombs/rockets seem to have no effect. Just food for though. I'm going to try and take them all out later with no cheats.
  • timesteal likes this

jp9865
  • jp9865

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Did you not read my questions to you yesterday? Answer them and I might start believing your nonsense. Otherwise just go away. Check back last couple of pages. The questions are directed at Ross the troll. Yeah that's you!

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

@anevilvet. I stand corrected.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by TrevorsStinkyFingers, 03 December 2013 - 06:50 PM.

@PrideofofCucamonga. Good find! I wondered if there were any that could be destroyed and with which weapons. Gonna check it out.

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

i am beginning to think you are the herpes of this thread
  • HakatoX, Macontheweb007 and pnuta like this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

WHAT? There is a mural on top of Mount Chiliad? I need to see this! /sarcasm.

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey quick speculation about fort Z. There are radio antenne on top of the hangers on the north side. These can be targeted and destroyed by locking on with the jet/heli missiles. And sticky bombs/rockets seem to have no effect. Just food for though. I'm going to try and take them all out later with no cheats.

I believe you may be on to something. Maybe that's what the "take control" means as mentioned in the past. Except there may be something somewhere ( not just Fort Z) that needs to be blown up I.E. the Dino, the mine door or maybe some rocks on Mt chiliad . Perhaps clearing a way to get into the mountain? IDK just brain storming. NICE FIND.
  • Slash59 and Mr.Livid like this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I believe you may be on to something. Maybe that's what the "take control" means as mentioned in the past. Except there may be something somewhere ( not just Fort Z) that needs to be blown up I.E. the Dino, the mine door or maybe some rocks on Mt chiliad . Perhaps clearing a way to get into the mountain? IDK just brain storming. NICE FIND.

Can be, maybe you need to steal a jet and blow stuff up around the map. Has anyone flown across the map and tried to find stuff that the jet locks onto?

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

God damn I love this:-)

PrideofofCucamonga
  • PrideofofCucamonga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks! I like your idea of more things too, it struck me as odd you could target those antennae with the radio dishes. I just tried getting all of them but crashed. I'm going to attempt again and explore for more possible leads. For now I must do errands then I can explore. happy Hunting!

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by Barnumbir, 03 December 2013 - 07:31 PM.

It's wierd. I'm not mad at you at all. It's more like a deep sadness coming from a little bit of compassion.

Edit: Still wish you were dead, though.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thanks! I like your idea of more things too, it struck me as odd you could target those antennae with the radio dishes. I just tried getting all of them but crashed. I'm going to attempt again and explore for more possible leads. For now I must do errands then I can explore. happy Hunting!

Can you fly to the other known places aswell? Just to debunk or try things? I can't fly a jet, I always crash so if you can try it that would be awesome!

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's wierd. I'm not mad at you at all. It's more like a deep sadness coming from a little bit of compassion.

Edit: Still wish you were dead, though.

If he were dead he would at least be useful (worm food) As it is he is utterly useless currently.

• phillip_trevors likes this

PrideofofCucamonga
  • PrideofofCucamonga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm pretty good at using the jet so I will definitely be testin this. I have some things I have to take of but I have the day off to hunt. I will be back with results later on.

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm pretty good at using the jet so I will definitely be testin this. I have some things I have to take of but I have the day off to hunt. I will be back with results later on.

Buzzard might be easier. You can go much slower and have a better idea of what you are locking onto. Bonus you can hover in place and see if there is any affect on wanted level, spawning, noises, doors(?) etc......

If you need a buzzard swing over to the NOOSE building. There is an armed buzzrd that spawns on the SW helipad on the roof.

• RastaSurfer likes this

Crowdsalat
  • Crowdsalat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

So I finally got 100%now waiting for rain and the ufo to see it first time...
Then I will look for special places to help with the hunt :-)
  • KaKaja likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users