Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
pnuta
  • pnuta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

@tadd i have spent countless hours in the merryweather docks. Found nothing at all.

Me too nothing there

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 03 December 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Regarding the dead trees. They are "Petrified" trees. It is a result of being struck by lightening. Notice how they are still complete not rotten. Petrification kills the tree instantaneously but preserves its form.

Actually, petrified trees are essentially fossilised trees forming in a similar manner to fossils.  If a tree is struck by lightning a number of things can happen but mostyly they will be stripped of foliage and often bark and some branches.

I believe the dead trees in the game are just that, dead.

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

http://www.reddit.co...ruist_camp_eye/

I don't get this, but the picture look nearly like the Eye... But why is he expecting a jetpack in the morning?^^

I think the person that posted below his "idea" was bang on!

1. How much did you play ?
  2. Did you sleep ?
  3. Do you take pills ?

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 12:21 PM.

yep as expected
got to the job site the foreman informed all of us that due to the weather and delays on materials we won't be working today
so I guess I'll be joining you guys today after all

@ Mr.Livid

Has anyone seen anything be struck by lightening? I have had it very close to me.also is there a trigger to stromy weather and lightening?

Yes I know sleeping with Ursula will trigger bad weather
she's the hitchhiker that you pick up and give a ride to she lives next to the lighthouse

and yes I have also almost been struck by lightning in the game I made a post about it the other day
  • Mr.Livid likes this

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by POWA, 03 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Good News: This box doesn't exist in my current save (I'm working on True 100 and haven't made it there quite yet)

Bad News: I haven't wiped out the altruists in my 100% save, and the package may only appear when they're gone.

I went to the camp using my pre and post 100% saves and the box wasn't there. I do remember shooting that box in the past, but nothing happened. It might have been right after I killed all the Altruist members when I was messing around, but I'm not sure. That would support the theory that it only appears when you trigger the mission to kill the Altruist members.

In my pre 100% save, I did notice that members would instantly appear by the doors of one of the buildings and then run away. I was kind of hoping a door would open instead. I haven't seen this in my post 100% save before, so I thought it was interesting even though it's nothing.

Regarding lightning, I have yet to even see it, lol. I've only seen the flashes so far. I would love to see it strike something.

blackpantherk
  • blackpantherk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

correct me if im wrong but there are two underwater hatches. I found the one in the east with the banging and the light that comes on and the one underwater in the north which I just found

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Le Jetpack Du Fromage

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Has anyone seen anything be struck by lightening? I have had it very close to me.also is there a trigger to stromy weather and lighteniTh

The booty call from Ursula triggers a storm with lighting, and apparently the scientists at the dishes after you stay there for awhile. Even though that hasn't occured for me and i've stayed there for ages.

• Mr.Livid likes this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by ll rdny ll, 03 December 2013 - 12:35 PM.

correct me if im wrong but there are two underwater hatches. I found the one in the east with the banging and the light that comes on and the one underwater in the north which I just found

The one up north is flat with four lights around it? I bet it is, and its the platform that Merryweather used to dock the weapon you steal in the Merryweather heist.

@POWA
Yeah, its looking that way. Oh well.

seanjh
  • seanjh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

One isn't a hatch, it's used in one of the heists and a weapon of some sort is attached to it.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

The one in the east is a hatch. The one in the northwest is the platform that the nuclear bomb is on if you use the Submarine option for the Merryweather Heist.

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lol @mac...
just wanted to post these here in case you guys arent following the game file topic...
http://imgur.com/0eIiKA1 this is the texture talkol managed to pull from the secret weapon crate files...
http://imgur.com/h5O8FzE and here is a 3d image of the crate...
if you find it, let us know where.

I'm usually not getting into theories and interpretations (I'm strictly factual what do the files say) - but I noticed that the model is on its side. The crates are on a wooden platform. This might suggest they're related to the docks or wherever else you have forklifts.

yeh i agree... it is deff on a pallet, looks militaryish to me as well... i was thinking merryweather docks

I noticed forklifts at the airport too. I'll check it out in a few and let you know if I find anything. 

blackpantherk
  • blackpantherk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

oh ok. its below crush depth so that's why I asked

The one in the east is a hatch. The one in the northwest is the platform that the nuclear bomb is on if you use the Submarine option for the Merryweather Heist.

One isn't a hatch, it's used in one of the heists and a weapon of some sort is attached to it.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

@ blackpantherk
yeah both are below crush depth

@ Fran_Halen
and if you're looking for a forklift I don't know if you can drive it but there's one at the power plant parked all the way back by the seaside
  • Fran_Halen likes this

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Regarding the dead trees. They are "Petrified" trees. It is a result of being struck by lightening. Notice how they are still complete not rotten. Petrification kills the tree instantaneously but preserves its form.

Actually, petrified trees are essentially fossilised trees forming in a similar manner to fossils.  If a tree is struck by lightning a number of things can happen but mostyly they will be stripped of foliage and often bark and some branches. I believe the dead trees in the game are just that, dead.
maybe you shood look it up.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

What vehicles have a use?  forklift, shiping container lifter, flat bed truck,

cargobob, bulldozer . anymore peoples?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Actually, petrified trees are essentially fossilised trees forming in a similar manner to fossils.  If a tree is struck by lightning a number of things can happen but mostyly they will be stripped of foliage and often bark and some branches. I believe the dead trees in the game are just that, dead.
maybe you shood look it up.

I did, that's why I posted my comment.  Here's a few websites which tell you how petrified wood is formed -

http://geology.com/s...petrified-wood/ - Petrified wood is a fossil. It forms when plant material is buried by sediment and protected from decay by oxygen and organisms. Then, groundwater rich in dissolved solids flows through the sediment replacing the original plant material with silica, calcite, pyrite or another inorganic material such as ...

http://en.wikipedia..../Petrified_wood - Petrified wood (from the Greek root petro meaning "rock" or "stone"; literally "wood turned into stone") is the name given to a special type of fossilized remains of terrestrial vegetation. It is the result of a tree or tree-like plants having completely transitioned to stone by the process of permineralization. All the organic materials have been replaced with minerals (mostly a silicate, such as quartz), while retaining the original structure of the stem tissue.

Sorry, but a tree struck by lightning isn't petrified. I don't want to come across harsh I was just wanting to clarify the statement that you made.  I agree that the trees in the game may have been struck by lightning as a strike can strip a tree of foliage and bark, killing it. But it doesn't turn it into stone.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Tow truck, the big drill thing that I never used in the last heist, the truck that I did use at the end of the last heist, the car transporter, the jetpack ;)

• _The_Kaiser_ and Mr.Livid like this

Killaudio
  • Killaudio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Cheers guys, I'm gonna have a look into the tree thing a bit more. See if I can get a decent pattern going with it just incase there is one. I've mapped out a few so far, I'll let you know how I get on!

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

Baby Mode - Still On

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 03 December 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Tow truck, the big drill thing that I never used in the last heist, the truck that I did use at the end of the last heist, the car transporter, the jetpack ;)

The firetruck and (maybe...) the space docker.

Edit - Almost forgot gamer's favourite - the tank!!!

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Oh, the emergency services helicopter does in GTAO as it utilises the same camera used in a SP mission so a passenger can tag other GTAO players for the pilot.

The submarine and dinghy have a use technically as well.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wasn't there a mission where you had to load stuff onto the back of a truck with a forklift while you were being shot at? Or was that the latest SR?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Wasn't there a mission where you had to load stuff onto the back of a truck with a forklift while you were being shot at? Or was that the latest SR?

I don't remember that at all but I haven't replayed all options for the heists. I didn't see that on the UberHaxorNova playthrough for SR4.

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Oh, the emergency services helicopter does in GTAO as it utilises the same camera used in a SP mission so a passenger can tag other GTAO players for the pilot.

The submarine and dinghy have a use technically as well

Golf Cart?

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

cheers all.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by TrevorsStinkyFingers, 03 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

@anevilvet. Read it and weep dude http://www.discoverc...trification.htm
Keep your mind open and if ever you are unsure just ask rather than presuming. What you say is correct
But so too am i. I wasn't talking about the long term process and i did say "instant"

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 03 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Keep your mind open and if ever you are unsure just as rather than presuming. What you say is correct
But so too am i. I wasn't talking about the long term process and i did say "instant"

I wasn't unsure, I just wasn't aware of this method of instant petrification as usually it involves silicate replacing the whole tree (it looks like this method only petrified the roots when they sucked in the molten material at the base of the tree, rather than petrification of the entire tree itself). I'm not a geologist though haha. Thanks for correcting me, you learn something new every day :)

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

@ trev
That's the first I've ever heard of that process
I have to say I love learning new things
Nice find
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers likes this

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Anevilvet. No worries dude just try to keep your mind open to new info. Happy days.

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Keep your mind open and if ever you are unsure just ask rather than presuming. What you say is correct

That website looks like it was made by R* or am i going mad?

• jamston likes this

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

That website looks like it was made by R* or am i going mad?

A little from column A, a little from column B ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users