• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

OK, I've been trying to find it on my own, but I'm getting impatient.

Somewhere, in one of the easter egg threads (recently, like today) somebody posted an image and a theory about a crate at the altruists village. Can anyone remember where it was, or at least tell me what topic it was in. I can't find that box in my current game. If it only shows up at 100%, we may have something to look into.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:31 AM Edited by HakatoX, 03 December 2013 - 10:33 AM.

II rdny II

Here ya go

http://www.reddit.co..._with_pictures/

edited, added wrong link.

• rimer888 likes this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, thanks though.

It was a pale wooden crate, with a single latch on the top part. Somebody said something about it having completely separate workings or something.

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.

@deadman... i answered a couple pages back... xmarqs and i had a few posts back and forth about it... 558 i think... will edit...

edit: 557

and someone asked if the face on chiliad was definitely a rockstar dev... well the files called signature and has DD in it... someone found a rockstar artist with DD initials... then they found his linkedin profile... ITS HIM if you look at the pic of the guy, it is deff him lol

• Macontheweb007 likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 10:50 AM.

cool thanks for the info tadd

I was thinking that it could have been Ron (well are younger version of him) and if it would have been Ron
the guy who does the voice of Ron in the game
his name starts with D and I found some older pictures of him smiling and it was a close resemblance
But I guess that kind of squashes that though if you guys have seen the image of him

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

at @deadman: a polite request, could you consider altering your singature block.

As a man who has a diabled daughter, I find your quote perticularly repugnent and somewhat offensive.

I am sure this was not what you ment to achieve from the quote, as you seem like a passionate chap who tries to converse politely.  Never the less, It does sadden my heart to read such disrespectful comments.

Thanks in advance.

Mac

• tdurbo and TrevorsStinkyFingers like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 10:52 AM.

sure thing bro I just did that yesterday because I was offended at all the arguing
I'll take it down man
I have an uncle who has Down syndrome so I wasn't looking to be offensive I was just trying to point out to everyone how stupid and pointless it was to argue

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

IMbHyVx.jpg

Found the image in my history, can't find where I got it though.
  • Barnumbir likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by tadd, 03 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/yDWCA6j.png

there you go guys... tell me thats not the eyebrows you see on chiliad lol
  • Fran_Halen likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by Fran_Halen, 03 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Edit: already answered.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

@ Tadd
Lol yeah that does look just like the guy
great find man

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

sure thing bro I just did that yesterday because I was offended at all the arguing
I'll take it down man
I have an uncle who has Down syndrome so I wasn't looking to be offensive I was just trying to point out to everyone how stupid and pointless it was to argue

Thankyou sir!  I did not believe that you did it for any other reason than the one stated, but you can see how it could be taken out of context.

Perhaps this may be a better signature block to escilate your feelings on the matter:

Engaging in troll bashing is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard! :)

• Deadman2112 likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

alright guys I'm off to work
happy hunting hope you guys come up with some cool stuff by the time I get home from work

@ rdny

thanks for bringing that subject up about the box
I must have missed that one too

snailmaze
  • snailmaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by snailmaze, 03 December 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Well guys.....
My workload has just gotten much bigger. 
I am going to start cutting back even more here. 
At least for a week, maybe two. 
I have just been chosen to partake in the chiliad mystery sub reddit team. 
I will still be around to link up finds from reddit like I do. 
But I think I am out on testing any theories until I get the swing of things on the sub.

The Grid is still on but I really would like to hear from The Grid Team.....

good luck hakatox you will be missed

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:03 AM Edited by Macontheweb007, 03 December 2013 - 11:07 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/yDWCA6j.png

there you go guys... tell me thats not the eyebrows you see on chiliad lol

They are nearly as bad as mine!!!!  Poor bugger!

Snapshot_20131203_zps2f446b20.jpg

Whilst I am mocking myself.........this is what this mystery does to me!

mac_zpsbceea5c0.jpg

:)

• tdurbo, Fran_Halen, Deadman2112 and 1 other like this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Alright, good news bad news time.

Good News: This box doesn't exist in my current save (I'm working on True 100 and haven't made it there quite yet)

Bad News: I haven't wiped out the altruists in my 100% save, and the package may only appear when they're gone.

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by Barnumbir, 03 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Rndy, we can clearly see there's a dead altruist body next to the crate on the pic you posted earlier, are there any still over there after you killed them ?

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Some spawn occasionally, but never more than two or three.

Eram
  • Eram

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 03 December 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Good News: This box doesn't exist in my current save (I'm working on True 100 and haven't made it there quite yet)

Bad News: I haven't wiped out the altruists in my 100% save, and the package may only appear when they're gone.T

This was posted here by AnEvilVet on November 22nd (also on other previous ocasions):

(...)

A crate also appears here when Trevor is abducted by the Altruists, but this is to act as cover as Trevor shoots his way out.

(...)  

This should be the same crate that you're mentioning.

• AnEvilVet likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Lol @mac...

just wanted to post these here in case you guys arent following the game file topic...

http://imgur.com/0eIiKA1 this is the texture talkol managed to pull from the secret weapon crate files...

http://imgur.com/h5O8FzE and here is a 3d image of the crate...

if you find it, let us know where.
  • Fran_Halen likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 03 December 2013 - 11:58 AM.

I had to pull over and make this post
but I completely got sidetracked as to what I was originally wanted to say this morning

@ rndy

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else along with several others that was asking about the yoga
(if it wasn't you I apologize)
not sure if you read under the troubleshooting section of the forms but I had to restart my game do to corrupt game data after I updated the game

in doing so I'm having to go back and redo the game and I was doing the mission "did someone say yoga"
I figured out that you can hold these poses as long as you want
you just can't hold your breath for very long

also someone mentioned that what they believe was the WoW signal in the background while doing Yoga and thought that it was only audible during certain poses

this is in fact incorrect
as I said before I discovered that you can walk up to the yoga mat and just stand there and do nothing and it won't fail you
if you listen in the background to the music you will notice that the signal is actually part of the music it doesn't come from doing distinct poses

also someone asked about the chimes that you hear while doing yoga
from what I was able to dig up the chimes are used as a measurement tool during yoga
basically they indicate when to begin the yoga pose, went to breathe, and when to end

after listening to the pattern of the chimes I believe the proper way to do yoga would be like this
you approach the mat and do nothing even when the game prompts you to begin the yoga session
wait for the first chime
when you hear it perform the first pose and hold it (do not breathe in yet)
when you hear the next chime take your breath and let it out but stay holding that pose even in spite of the fact that the game will direct you to move to the next pose
when you hear the following chime then move to the next pose

rinse and repeat

so maybe there is some relevance to doing yoga on top of the Mountain
I haven't tried this yet, but I'll give it a shot when I get home by the looks of the weather I'm going to have a rainout day so I may be back soon

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Lol @mac...
just wanted to post these here in case you guys arent following the game file topic...
http://imgur.com/0eIiKA1 this is the texture talkol managed to pull from the secret weapon crate files...

I'm usually not getting into theories and interpretations (I'm strictly factual what do the files say) - but I noticed that the model is on its side. The crates are on a wooden platform. This might suggest they're related to the docks or wherever else you have forklifts.

Crowdsalat
  • Crowdsalat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

http://www.reddit.co...ruist_camp_eye/

I don't get this, but the picture look nearly like the Eye... But why is he expecting a jetpack in the morning?^^

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Lol @mac...

I'm usually not getting into theories and interpretations (I'm strictly factual what do the files say) - but I noticed that the model is on its side. The crates are on a wooden platform. This might suggest they're related to the docks or wherever else you have forklifts.

yeh i agree... it is deff on a pallet, looks militaryish to me as well... i was thinking merryweather docks

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Regarding the dead trees. They are "Petrified" trees. It is a result of being struck by lightening. Notice how they are still complete not rotten. Petrification kills the tree instantaneously but preserves its form.

robosonic
  • robosonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

maybe the doors in altruist camp have to be open, like in the mission where you have to bring a girl to the altruist camp?

maybe you have to wear the "right" clothes ans stuff like that............. never tried it, gon do this the next days.

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Your silence is utterly provocative

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Bad News: I haven't wiped out the altruists in my 100% save, and the package may only appear when they're gone.T

This was posted here by AnEvilVet on November 22nd (also on other previous ocasions):

(...)

A crate also appears here when Trevor is abducted by the Altruists, but this is to act as cover as Trevor shoots his way out.

(...)  

This should be the same crate that you're mentioning.

Yeah it's the same crate, only appears when you take four people to the Altruists and leads to the shootout. On my main save file i only have 3 people delivered to them and i do not have the crate spawned.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

@tadd i have spent countless hours in the merryweather docks. Found nothing at all.

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ahh cool cheers trev.
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers likes this

Mr.Livid
  • Mr.Livid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Has anyone seen anything be struck by lightening? I have had it very close to me.also is there a trigger to stromy weather and lightening?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users