Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by kilo420remix, 14 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

[/quote]
Make sure you have popped the hologram UFO first before trying anything.[/quote]

I've seen the chiliad ufo if thats what you mean, I have 100% and know most of the theories. Im at the point where i have the game map tacked to my wall and im tacking areas of intrest lol. and no i dont believe anythings been confirmed over or in the port/airport area, just thought i would give it a look.

edit/ sorry screwed up the "quote"
  • ClaireFarron89 likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I don't think it's a step that is saved or "clocked" as you put it.

I think the Easter Egg is a sequence of events that you have to do, starting with the hologram UFO.

If there is a JP, then i think barring a cheat code we will have to run through this sequence of event everytime we want whatever the reward is. This also makes me think the sequence isn't SUPER hard or long(giggity)

After the Hologram UFO pops up it stays there forever as far as i know, i have never seen it go away after popping it, so it seems like a logical "Startng line". Maybe if you die it might go away or replay a mission or something. anyone want to correct me here?

yp stays there even if you approach it and it "vanishes" it is still there just get your rifle out and zoom in and u will see the lights again. well only the lights but that doesnt matter xD

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

After the Hologram UFO pops up it stays there forever as far as i know, i have never seen it go away after popping it, so it seems like a logical "Startng line". Maybe if you die it might go away or replay a mission or something. anyone want to correct me here?

Never knew this! If I am reading this right, once you 'pop' the UFO during showers / storm at 3 am, it will stay there whenever you return (maybe not after loading saves(?)). Is this true for everyone?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Never knew this! If I am reading this right, once you 'pop' the UFO during showers / storm at 3 am, it will stay there whenever you return (maybe not after loading saves(?)). Is this true for everyone?

will check how long it will stay. and how far you can get till it dissapears

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't think it's a step that is saved or "clocked" as you put it.

I think the Easter Egg is a sequence of events that you have to do, starting with the hologram UFO.

If there is a JP, then i think barring a cheat code we will have to run through this sequence of event everytime we want whatever the reward is. This also makes me think the sequence isn't SUPER hard or long(giggity)

yp stays there even if you approach it and it "vanishes" it is still there just get your rifle out and zoom in and u will see the lights again. well only the lights but that doesnt matter xD

This is what i'm getting at, it pops up and then it's there, like a first step in a sequence.

If you had to get 100% in some other game and go wait outside a door for it to rain at 3AM just for it to open that would be considered a :Step" in any other game but, nobody seems to think so for this.

Luizi
  • Luizi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by Luizi, 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

I found this couple weeks ago from chiliad. Fist i think i don't post it here because its has probaply nothing to do with the mural. But now i post it anyway because i have not seen it anywhere else in the internet. Give a look and let me know what you guys think, it surely looks like a face to me.

http://socialclub.ro...110KhoPxa2c0bfA

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

I know it stays for atleast 24 hours, as i was the one who decided to see if it left a shadow clue or something, which is debateable if it did or didn't.

But ye, it does stay there forever, as long as you don't die i think.(maybe switching characters also makes it go away but, i don't think it does iirc)

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

btw taking the tramrail you will always see the 1st glyph with the mountain as long as you dont skip the ride. and it doesnt matter wich tram you take (the left or the right one) you will always see the glyph at the arrival sequence. the glyph's are definately connected to the mural

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars. 

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know it stays for atleast 24 hours, as i was the one who decided to see if it left a shadow clue or something, which is debateable if it did or didn't.

But ye, it does stay there forever, as long as you don't die i think.(maybe switching characters also makes it go away but, i don't think it does iirc)

will take the tram down once it spawned and get up again to see if it is still there.

not sure if you read the post i made some time ago. i was thinking about that the 2 other glyphs indicate a clue and that the washed aways glyph stands for a shadow. but it could also indicate a hologram

GuilhermeSoares
  • GuilhermeSoares

C.E.O of IronSteel Solutions

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars. 

What are you talking about ?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I found this couple weeks ago from chiliad. Fist i think i don't post it here because its has probaply nothing to do with the mural. But now i post it anyway because i have not seen it anywhere else in the internet. Give a look and let me know what you guys think, it surely looks like a face to me.
http://socialclub.ro...110KhoPxa2c0bfA

yeah somehow a face but that could just be coincidence

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by Okin, 14 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

I'm talking about the port that gives you an instant 4 stars if you enter it, there is either a huge black nuke in it or a submarine. 

Not sure where you were having difficulty.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM Edited by Grumbledore, 14 October 2013 - 10:46 AM.

I'm talking about the port that gives you an instant 4 stars if you enter it, there is either a huge black nuke in it or a submarine. 

you mean the merryweather docks i assume. yeah that is a submarine they assemble it there. checked everything there sometime ago didnt find anything of interest.

GuilhermeSoares
  • GuilhermeSoares

C.E.O of IronSteel Solutions

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'm having difficulty in finding this port, since I've been to the LS port a few times and I didn't find any nuclear subs...

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I'm having difficulty in finding this port, since I've been to the LS port a few times and I didn't find any nuclear subs...

he refferes to the merryweather docks. you had to get inside it with trevor and wade's cousin for a job.

ThatPotatoGuy
  • ThatPotatoGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

clue.jpg

• Benjamoose likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Confirmation:

The ufo does completly dissapear when you get to far away from it.

you have to trigger it again. will check the switiching part after work tonight.

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Its a sub, and i was just thier in the mini sub seaching the area and walls in and outside of the merryweather harbor.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Dont go over the top expecting a study in english litrature. Its a thread populated in the most part by kids too young to legally play the game (although i dont hold the same opinion on age restriction). Your never going to get perfect spelling and grammar on an Internet forum.
Although i agree with your reasoning i was very careful not to join the forum and then do nothing but have a go at the users. I dont think its fair to come here and lecture others about their forum.

Anyway,
I think the best thing that should have been done is that someone with dedication to decoding the murials should have started the/a thread and then any new or interesting information suggested or found throughout the thread edited into the first post.
Doing it that way gives a first page with all the info collated, it doesn't then matter what direction the thread takes for a few pages nor how members format their posts.

Only my 2 cents however. I'm new here myself and have no weight to throw around.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Dont go over the top expecting a study in english litrature. Its a thread populated in the most part by kids too young to legally play the game (although i dont hold the same opinion on age restriction). Your never going to get perfect spelling and grammar on an Internet forum.
Although i agree with your reasoning i was very careful not to join the forum and then do nothing but have a go at the users. I dont think its fair to come here and lecture others about their forum.

Anyway,
I think the best thing that should have been done is that someone with dedication to decoding the murials should have started the/a thread and then any new or interesting information suggested or found throughout the thread edited into the first post.
Doing it that way gives a first page with all the info collated, it doesn't then matter what direction the thread takes for a few pages nor how members format their posts.

Only my 2 cents however. I'm new here myself and have no weight to throw around.

I agree, it's what I did with the Easter Eggs thing and it quietened down somewhat but then started again.

However, I'd hate for this thread to close.  It'd be nice to have a thread running alongside that is updated with key info. One that is pinned and locked .

• themutedtrumpet likes this

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by Scoobysrt, 14 October 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Im up with that. Almost like a locked thread that only one or two can post on.

On the map being produced with the glyphs on etc, is it worth adding the X's

I found loads more chalk X's in the city last night but im sure they cant mean anything. There's too many of them.
Theres one on the dam where doms final mission is. Next to where the parachute is (incidentally i couldn't pick that up or do the jump)

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1614] themutedtrumpet wrote:
“but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.”

I know it’s sort of a tongue-in-cheek use of the word--meaning something like show-off, smarty-pants, but totally impractical and out-of-touch. The point I wanted to make is that, in reality, the one thing this conversation absolutely needs is more academic thinking. Not “academic” in the joke sense that you were using, but in the actual meaning of the word.

I'm sorry to harp on about this, but it is not a 'tongue-in-cheek' or 'joke' meaning of the word. Nor does it mean 'show-off' or 'smarty-pants'. It is a perfectly acceptable and correct usage of the word, it simply means 'theoretical, but with no practical purpose'. The phrase 'this discussion is academic' is extremely common and I'm surprised you haven't heard it used this way before. It is indeed what academic means 'in real reality', there are many fine online dictionaries available and if you were to look at one of them you would find this definition alongside the 'actual' meaning, as you put it.
  • Benjamoose likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Arguing about word definitions in this thread is quite without point. You could almost say it was academic.
  • Benjamoose and themutedtrumpet like this

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just a point on the possibility of this 4th flying UFO. I read a while ago, on this thread I believe, that someone from Rockstar had suggested that there was something that hadn't been discovered over Los Santos. Can anyone confirm or discredit this?

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 14 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

I just wanted to thank the intelligent members around here who have been giving some sense to this mystery.

Really, I truly believe that there is something out there now and that's thanks to those who actually put some logic in it instead of "ZOMG you totally can change everything with the way you play even if the game doesn't let you - I'M RIGHT AND U WRONG". Not sure if it's a jetpack, though. Probably not. One of these days I mentioned that it was probably related to the alien presence in the game if there was something... seems like that's it.

By the way, it's hard to think that the Altruists camp is not related somehow... Just look at that place. Maybe they are twisted clues instead of directly being what we should do/look for. Hopefully I'm making sense. 

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Apologies for the multiple posts, things just keep occurring to me. I was having a search around Paleto Bay after yesterday's theory concerning the egg on the mural. Firstly, that 'egg' link is pretty undeniable; there are many more egg references there than were mentioned in that original reddit post in fact. Obviously, the Cluckin' Bell factory is there which explains it to some degree, but I thought it was significant that all of the imagery and puns are egg related and none to do with chickens, which would be the more obvious choice for the in-game equivalent of KFC. One small quirk I noticed was that the hour hand on the egg-shaped clocks doesn't move, the minute hand works perfectly and corresponds with the time on your phone, but the hour hand always points at 12. This could just be an error in my copy of the game of course, but it caught my attention nonetheless.

TrustNo1
  • TrustNo1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day?

• GreeenDude likes this

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by TrueZink, 14 October 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Im up with that. Almost like a locked thread that only one or two can post on.
On the map being produced with the glyphs on etc, is it worth adding the X's
I found loads more chalk X's in the city last night but im sure they cant mean anything. There's too many of them.
Theres one on the dam where doms final mission is. Next to where the parachute is (incidentally i couldn't pick that up or do the jump)

Scoobysrt, I am more than happy to overlay whatever the community (read: everyone/anyone) think is relevant providing it makes sense i.e. not "ooh, maybe we should map the locations of all the palm trees!"

My line of thinking is that the designer / artist / whoever put certain things in a certain location for a certain reason. My personal lead at the moment is the red arrows as I find it difficult to believe someone thought they would place arrows randomly with just a view to troll people. I am hoping a link will appear through some of the obvious things such as the glyphs or arrows and/or some with a more artistic interpretation like the radio towers and satellite dishes linked through the lightning / radio zigzags on the mural, the Wow! signal in the hippy camp etc.

The way I am building the map up is via layers so that if someone says "hey, I think there is a link between the radio masts and the arrows", the two can be left visible with everything else filtered out and a conclusion can easily be made.

All I ask from my position is that if you think these chalk crosses (are they red or white btw?) are worth looking into, can you provide me with information to find them (snapmatic links via R* SC are ideal, "somewhere near fort zancudo" not so much). That way I am hoping that everyone can see live updates at a single point and contribute (should they wish to) to a group effort. At the moment there is a good chance that someone has seen a red arrow / cross somewhere and hasn't said anything because a red arrow in isolation is nothing, however 2 or 3 pointing at one another starts to perk up interest.

Hopefully this is something that interests people as a whole, something that people can contribute to together and decipher together. If I'm on my jack then so be it, it will just be a much longer process.

Regards,

TrueZink
  • themutedtrumpet likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just a point on the possibility of this 4th flying UFO. I read a while ago, on this thread I believe, that someone from Rockstar had suggested that there was something that hadn't been discovered over Los Santos. Can anyone confirm or discredit this?

I think it was that shaft guy who posted earlier today . At least from what I remember of the Jetpack threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users