• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

What you guys are focusing on is now incorrect. The mural, for the moment, is done.  There is a fourth flying UFO to discover over the city.  When it's found, it should make EVERYTHING clearer.

Also, do not try to overcomplicate things.  The mystery was designed to be accessible to all with some minor effort.  Do not confuse references to real life structures to some deeper mystery which does not exist and please stop mixing up the secrets.  Some things are not and never will be related to each other.

I heard about this UFO over the city/pier area a while ago. something about the game files saying there is a 4th UFO and the location of it.

Could anyone link to some info about this missing UFO, the found files, etc.

thank you in advance.

found it in script.rpf named ufo.scs

AZ_SPECIAL_UFO_03 followed by AZ_PORT_OF_LS_UNDERWATER_CREAKS

That isn't the underwater UFO then?

I'm assuming we're all off to the port! (I will be when I get back from work anywhoo)

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

the ports are pretty much empty. explored them with a sanchez allready.

there is a 3rd line.

AZ_UNDER_WATER_EXILE_01_PLANE_WRECK

that are all lines starting with AZ there. could have a meaning but well not sure.

also i walked on top of the underwarter ufo it's just a plane decal. they didnt put in much effort. if you walk along it and walk from the top down to the end there is a small passage where you walk on air

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

PPS: File locations here for highres: http://truezink.imgur.com/all/ - it's best to browse by album.

Your files aren't publically accessible. You may wish to change this setting on Imgur.

What i'd like to see plotted on this map are the locations of the major radio towers and also lines drawn out from the satellite dishes near to them.

We know they both play a role in the mysteries (radio shacks are visited by MIBs, the satellite dishes point towards UFOs).  Using this info. you may be able to triangulate some areas of interest, especially around the city as this shaft guy has said.

Access has been changed - thanks for pointing that out!

Radio towers and dishes sound like a plan for this evening, if there is a record of them (or some of them) let me know as it will be easier than looking to the horizon and flying about but if it comes to that then so be it. It will be good to see what exactly the big ear lines up with - I have been trying to be as accurate as possible with arrows so far (line up with sniper, use string to plot path on TV etc)

Regards,

TrueZink

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Has anyone thought about the invisible ladder?

Que?! Care to expand?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

before the altruists camp theorie comes up again...

the glyphs have been discovered in the game files today. names are like that:
cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

Was there a complete list for these clue files ?

yp there are 5 of em but cant be opened. there is another just named clue it can be opened. it's the time glyph with the moon flipped. that doesnt have a real meaning.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 14 October 2013 - 08:54 AM.

What you guys are focusing on is now incorrect. The mural, for the moment, is done.  There is a fourth flying UFO to discover over the city.  When it's found, it should make EVERYTHING clearer.

Also, do not try to overcomplicate things.  The mystery was designed to be accessible to all with some minor effort.  Do not confuse references to real life structures to some deeper mystery which does not exist and please stop mixing up the secrets.  Some things are not and never will be related to each other.

I heard about this UFO over the city/pier area a while ago. something about the game files saying there is a 4th UFO and the location of it.

thank you in advance.

How were the other 3 labled?

Also, is there a place where i can go to keep up with what files have been discovered and/or a list i could view?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

thank you in advance.

How were the other 3 labled?

Also, is there a place where i can go to keep up with what files have been discovered and/or a list i could view?

there is no real place for file discoverys. the openiv website is showing some files from time to time but nothing mayor. the glyph files were posted on reddit and the other stuff was discovered by my own research and digging in the game files.

there was no label for the other. it is a script file so i assume that these are scripts to either spawn the ufo or the sound etc. or it is the script file for micheals abduction no clue.

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I have been searching over the port/airport skies for the last hour, nothing yet.. will continue at alternating height levels.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I have been searching over the port/airport skies for the last hour, nothing yet.. will continue at alternating height levels.

Make sure you have popped the hologram UFO first before trying anything.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just thinking outside the box here and with nothing to point me in this direction but, anyone remember Metal Gear Solid where for one boss you had to unplug your controller and plug it into port 2 because the boss could read everything you were doing.

Could it possibly be that complex?

Anyone tried talking to the hologram UFO using a headset?

Yeah, it's getting late...

• Grumbledore and ClaireFarron89 like this

ClaireFarron89
  • ClaireFarron89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Looked a little bit at my blueprint again, there's the Observatory marked and it says 'Shoot for the stars'. Been there, but only found a sniper rifle, maybe this is just what should be found. Spent a long time watching and shooting the sky though.

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by TrueZink, 14 October 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Has this been proven at all? I only ask as I've found both the fort and the hippy camp UFO but never Chilliad - the only couple of times I tried, the rain decided to clear at about 0130, hung about till 0400 just in case but no joy - I personally don't want to use any codes.

And when I say proven, I guess I mean does the 'saving swirl' come up - that to me would suggest the game has clocked it?

Regards,

TrueZink

Edit: Typo

ClaireFarron89
  • ClaireFarron89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Little bit reminds me of something..yeah it's latepearljamlightningboltwide.jpg

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

thats what i meant with walking on air regarding the underwater ufo

4VYzmRl.jpg

kclassic
  • kclassic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

hey thats my first time here :)

i dont have anything to say like the other, but i read all of your theories.

Only one thing is only on my mind:

At the mission "the big score" there is the cutter when you choose the "B" way i thing.
My question: Can you use it without any mission ? 

Perhaps it can be very usefull ;)

sry for my bad english -> i`m a german guy.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Has this been proven at all? I only ask as I've found both the fort and the hippy camp UFO but never Chilliad - the only couple of times I tried, the rain decided to clear at about 0130, hung about till 0400 just in case but no joy - I personally don't want to use any codes.

And when I say proven, I guess I mean does the 'saving swirl' come up - that to me would suggest the game has clocked it?

Regards,

TrueZink

Edit: Typo

I don't think it's a step that is saved or "clocked" as you put it.

I think the Easter Egg is a sequence of events that you have to do, starting with the hologram UFO.

If there is a JP, then i think barring a cheat code we will have to run through this sequence of event everytime we want whatever the reward is. This also makes me think the sequence isn't SUPER hard or long(giggity)

After the Hologram UFO pops up it stays there forever as far as i know, i have never seen it go away after popping it, so it seems like a logical "Startng line". Maybe if you die it might go away or replay a mission or something. anyone want to correct me here?

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by kilo420remix, 14 October 2013 - 10:14 AM.

[/quote]
Make sure you have popped the hologram UFO first before trying anything.[/quote]

I've seen the chiliad ufo if thats what you mean, I have 100% and know most of the theories. Im at the point where i have the game map tacked to my wall and im tacking areas of intrest lol. and no i dont believe anythings been confirmed over or in the port/airport area, just thought i would give it a look.

edit/ sorry screwed up the "quote"
  • ClaireFarron89 likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I think the Easter Egg is a sequence of events that you have to do, starting with the hologram UFO.

If there is a JP, then i think barring a cheat code we will have to run through this sequence of event everytime we want whatever the reward is. This also makes me think the sequence isn't SUPER hard or long(giggity)

After the Hologram UFO pops up it stays there forever as far as i know, i have never seen it go away after popping it, so it seems like a logical "Startng line". Maybe if you die it might go away or replay a mission or something. anyone want to correct me here?

yp stays there even if you approach it and it "vanishes" it is still there just get your rifle out and zoom in and u will see the lights again. well only the lights but that doesnt matter xD

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Never knew this! If I am reading this right, once you 'pop' the UFO during showers / storm at 3 am, it will stay there whenever you return (maybe not after loading saves(?)). Is this true for everyone?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Never knew this! If I am reading this right, once you 'pop' the UFO during showers / storm at 3 am, it will stay there whenever you return (maybe not after loading saves(?)). Is this true for everyone?

will check how long it will stay. and how far you can get till it dissapears

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

yp stays there even if you approach it and it "vanishes" it is still there just get your rifle out and zoom in and u will see the lights again. well only the lights but that doesnt matter xD

This is what i'm getting at, it pops up and then it's there, like a first step in a sequence.

If you had to get 100% in some other game and go wait outside a door for it to rain at 3AM just for it to open that would be considered a :Step" in any other game but, nobody seems to think so for this.

Luizi
  • Luizi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by Luizi, 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

I found this couple weeks ago from chiliad. Fist i think i don't post it here because its has probaply nothing to do with the mural. But now i post it anyway because i have not seen it anywhere else in the internet. Give a look and let me know what you guys think, it surely looks like a face to me.

http://socialclub.ro...110KhoPxa2c0bfA

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

I know it stays for atleast 24 hours, as i was the one who decided to see if it left a shadow clue or something, which is debateable if it did or didn't.

But ye, it does stay there forever, as long as you don't die i think.(maybe switching characters also makes it go away but, i don't think it does iirc)

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

btw taking the tramrail you will always see the 1st glyph with the mountain as long as you dont skip the ride. and it doesnt matter wich tram you take (the left or the right one) you will always see the glyph at the arrival sequence. the glyph's are definately connected to the mural

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars. 

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I know it stays for atleast 24 hours, as i was the one who decided to see if it left a shadow clue or something, which is debateable if it did or didn't.

But ye, it does stay there forever, as long as you don't die i think.(maybe switching characters also makes it go away but, i don't think it does iirc)

will take the tram down once it spawned and get up again to see if it is still there.

not sure if you read the post i made some time ago. i was thinking about that the 2 other glyphs indicate a clue and that the washed aways glyph stands for a shadow. but it could also indicate a hologram

GuilhermeSoares
  • GuilhermeSoares

C.E.O of IronSteel Solutions

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone fully explored the port/terminal that has the huge nuke inside it? Instant four stars. 

What are you talking about ?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I found this couple weeks ago from chiliad. Fist i think i don't post it here because its has probaply nothing to do with the mural. But now i post it anyway because i have not seen it anywhere else in the internet. Give a look and let me know what you guys think, it surely looks like a face to me.
http://socialclub.ro...110KhoPxa2c0bfA

yeah somehow a face but that could just be coincidence

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by Okin, 14 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

What are you talking about ?

I'm talking about the port that gives you an instant 4 stars if you enter it, there is either a huge black nuke in it or a submarine. 

Not sure where you were having difficulty.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM Edited by Grumbledore, 14 October 2013 - 10:46 AM.

I'm talking about the port that gives you an instant 4 stars if you enter it, there is either a huge black nuke in it or a submarine. 

Not sure where you were having difficulty.

you mean the merryweather docks i assume. yeah that is a submarine they assemble it there. checked everything there sometime ago didnt find anything of interest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users