Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

When i get back on here tomorrow, i better see the jet pack mystery solved. lol jk i would be pretty pissed if we aren't able to find the jet pack because its a dlc or something. We got a lot of smart people on here so theres got to be something wrong.

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Where was it ever said that Rockstar ever addressed this mystery period? All these guys saying rockstar confirmed the space docker has no use or confirmed this or that? Where are you getting your information?

PowerOver9K
  • PowerOver9K

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by PowerOver9K, 14 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

One hilarious side note.

There is an old movie called: It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world | Circa 1963.

Very funny movie if you haven't seen it, but very long.

These greedy nut cases all hear about a treasure hunt and scramble like roaches in a race to find it causing serious hijinks (comedy). Well "X" quite literally marks the spot. They keep looking and looking and can't find anything. That is until the good police detective (Spencer Tracy) in the movie notices two palm trees leaning inward making an X. The treasure is buried directly under the X.

LOL

It reminds me of us on our pursuit for the Egg. It's probably going to end up being something relatively mundane that we simply didn't connect.

The comedy along the way is the fun part gents. ;)

amhz.jpg

I'll say this again because it's probably buried in this thread by now but it is relevant to this post. There is a Mad Mad..... Mad World reference in this game. One of the hikers on the mountain makes a side comment regarding look for the 'W'. He is referring to the movie as there is a "Look for the W" quote in that movie. There just so happens to be a small 'W' shaped set of identical palm trees here. http://rsg.ms/19EWDUe

That's not all. This little parking island with the palms is shaped identical to the YELLOW OUTLINE in the hippy camp with the large red arrow next to it. http://i.imgur.com/4J6g08R.png If you don't believe me get in a helicopter and go over to the hippy camp and then go over by the parking structure in the middle of the desert. The Hippys will even make a comment about things lining up in the desert including the rocks. 

If you stand between the 'W's and look around take a look at the arrow formed from the Info Sign. http://rsg.ms/192Dv2f

I don't know if it means something but notice the bottom of the Chilad Mural has the lines? http://i.imgur.com/RLX0WLB.png Are these equal to the parking spaces surrounding said spot I'm talking about...Are you supposed to park something here? Are we supposed to be paying attention to the Radio Tower in the background that the Information Signs' up arrow is pointing at??? I think the sand in that little cul-de-sac needs to be searched for clues written in it. I would but I'm on a plane right now over 20k feet the air. :)

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

image.jpg
free photo hosting

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Chernobyl_sunrise, 14 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Take a chopper over the docks in Los Santos. There's a warehouse with the words Stay Frosty on the roof. I took that as a reference to Alien in reply to the earlier post.

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

That reply from rockstar says nothing of the space docker and doesn't say that there is a jetpack only that the minimum wage customer service rep isn't allowed to speak on the matter. It's not like Sam houser himself confirmed anything in an interview. I definitely think there is a mystery to e solved but bottom line: Rockstar has not addressed this PERIOD.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

http://rsg.ms/1bOdu7h

Is this real or a mod? (It's a man face marking on the mountain wall)

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Farkle, 14 October 2013 - 04:40 AM.

http://rsg.ms/1bOdu7h

Is this real or a mod? (It's a man face marking on the mountain wall)

Real. Got a pic in my gallery also.

http://prod.cloud.ro...qGTGFcA/0_0.jpg

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

http://socialclub.ro...acEaw4ayL0u_VxQ

If you spawn the UFO in the thunderstorm, It stays if it stops raining correct? Which is why this picture has the UFO without the thunderstorm at what looks like early morning?

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

That reply from rockstar says nothing of the space docker and doesn't say that there is a jetpack only that the minimum wage customer service rep isn't allowed to speak on the matter. It's not like Sam houser himself confirmed anything in an interview. I definitely think there is a mystery to e solved but bottom line: Rockstar has not addressed this PERIOD.

If you would read back many pages a email by rockstar said there was not a flyable ufo in the game,but in this email they respond we can not comment on game play.Think about it....gameplay?

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

There was an email posted that said there were fly able UFOs yes. What I am saying is there is nothing about the space docker being iseless

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

There was an email posted that said there were fly able UFOs yes. What I am saying is there is nothing about the space docker being iseless

I don't know of one about the space docker being useless,so I can not comment on that good sir!

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by TrueZink, 14 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Firstly, a big thank you to Grumbledore for his PM - much appreciated and hopefully I have put it to good use (images are fairly accurate FYI).

Here are my updates, respective colours are that of glyphs / arrows;

LL4gWxfl.jpg

This has known murals represented by dots (black copy to follow for ease of sight) adjacent to their respective symbols. It also has found arrows - the one that goes from North-East South-West is an unknown as it is a Shop Sign but it is a red arrow - hiding in plain sight maybe? As you can see, the two arrrows I've seen so far appear to point on a flowing path. Now I need to look for the arrow before / next set of arrows.

Here it is in black for easy locations to reference back above (with unconfirmed arrow removed).

UVMlVoql.jpg

Truezinc,

Checkout the rest of this thread. There are maps posted with all the glyphs etc on, they dont have lines drawn on as to the direction of arrows but the hard work has been done for you already (of course).

I also consider the drawn line thing a good idea to think about, i thought about it before even looking on the net for gta.

Another idea could be that the arrows point to specific lines on the mountain so as to show how to correctly line the chillad map up.

I know, I have gone through it as the thread progressed - only just started collating the info. I was only hoping that others may already have information at hand (such as Grumbledore) that they could supply, saving back tracking through 50 pages.

If it's any use TrueZink

http://socialclub.ro...HEU-A5Ej88ezATw

Thank you Chernobyl, I will explore this next and put it on the map.

before the altruists camp theorie comes up again...

the glyphs have been discovered in the game files today. names are like that:
cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

they are transparent images.

as for the altruists camps. the paintings are only refered as decals. 99% possibillity that they are not linked with the mural at all!

I would have to say I agree on this point - the Altruist do seem different. I wanted to put it on the map but I am not sure the best way to go about it. Any ideas other than just highlighting the place?

I do remember someone finding an arrow on a motorway/freeway on/off ramp - does anyone know where this was so I may add it - or any others for this matter.

Any overlays that others think may be useful to have on the map so it can be compared & combined with other findings? My thinking on this is glyphs, arrows and maybe something else are linked up but have only been looked at in isolation...

Final question, have glyphs been found around the fort?

Regards,

TrueZink

PS. My source image is currently 231MB and it can be converted to a 21MB JPEG should anyone want/need a higher res copy - I'm only uploading at a low quality to save others data!

PPS: File locations here for highres: http://truezink.imgur.com/all/ - it's best to browse by album.

EDIT: North-East to South-West inserted for clarity & PPS put in.

• Cola82 likes this

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

That image a few pages back with the x inside the circle and the weird glyphs. It was vertical. The same thing is on the back of the space docker horizontal with the x inside the circle ending on the right side

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Unless those were cropped images from the docker idk I don't remember seeing it mentioned

Gian_246
  • Gian_246

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Hello all
I am new here but i think i found something? Anyways as you all now on the left side of the mural of mt chilliad there is a kind of wall well that may not be a wall that may be a door because if u look at the entrance or where u get off of the cable car it has the same design only folded or opened so has anyone tried doing the mt chilliad ufo easter egg then trying to drive the space docker in that place?

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hello all
I am new here but i think i found something? Anyways as you all now on the left side of the mural of mt chilliad there is a kind of wall well that may not be a wall that may be a door because if u look at the entrance or where u get off of the cable car it has the same design only folded or opened so has anyone tried doing the mt chilliad ufo easter egg then trying to drive the space docker in that place?

Welcome Gian. Thanks for the info - you'll find a lot of people agree that it is some sort of door but whether or not we can ever access it, the jury is still our.Your theory has been mentioned before and I know quite a few people have tried a number of different methods - including bringing up the docker, honking, lights, 3am etc etc. Some have also tried glitching through with mixed results.

It may pay to have a skim read of some of the pages, and/or look at the original post (there is also a similar one on the main board) and maybe it will give you some ideas and also debunk any ideas you get that have been tried.

Good luck and happy hunting! Let us know how you get on.

TrueZink

testtendo
  • testtendo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

One hilarious side note.

There is an old movie called: It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world | Circa 1963.

Very funny movie if you haven't seen it, but very long.

These greedy nut cases all hear about a treasure hunt and scramble like roaches in a race to find it causing serious hijinks (comedy). Well "X" quite literally marks the spot. They keep looking and looking and can't find anything. That is until the good police detective (Spencer Tracy) in the movie notices two palm trees leaning inward making an X. The treasure is buried directly under the X.

LOL

It reminds me of us on our pursuit for the Egg. It's probably going to end up being something relatively mundane that we simply didn't connect.

The comedy along the way is the fun part gents. ;)

amhz.jpg

I'll say this again because it's probably buried in this thread by now but it is relevant to this post. There is a Mad Mad..... Mad World reference in this game. One of the hikers on the mountain makes a side comment regarding look for the 'W'. He is referring to the movie as there is a "Look for the W" quote in that movie. There just so happens to be a small 'W' shaped set of identical palm trees here. http://rsg.ms/19EWDUe

That's not all. This little parking island with the palms is shaped identical to the YELLOW OUTLINE in the hippy camp with the large red arrow next to it. http://i.imgur.com/4J6g08R.png If you don't believe me get in a helicopter and go over to the hippy camp and then go over by the parking structure in the middle of the desert. The Hippys will even make a comment about things lining up in the desert including the rocks. 

If you stand between the 'W's and look around take a look at the arrow formed from the Info Sign. http://rsg.ms/192Dv2f

I don't know if it means something but notice the bottom of the Chilad Mural has the lines? http://i.imgur.com/RLX0WLB.png Are these equal to the parking spaces surrounding said spot I'm talking about...Are you supposed to park something here? Are we supposed to be paying attention to the Radio Tower in the background that the Information Signs' up arrow is pointing at??? I think the sand in that little cul-de-sac needs to be searched for clues written in it. I would but I'm on a plane right now over 20k feet the air. :)

Just bringing more attention to this.

Also, not sure of the significance, but I remembered nobody has mentioned this- when facing the mural, theres a large scratch on the wall directly behind you. The texture doesn't appear anywhere else on the building.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Question: the eye/top ufo from the mural appears once on the UV light map (in the altruist camp if I'm not mistaken)

Why? What point does it symbolize and why is it so important this specifically was chosen to appear on the printed map?

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1620

I've followed the guy since, and academic isn't the word I would have used.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

It's not the word I would usually use either. But following themutedtrumpet’s definition of “academic,” that other guy’s writings had “no practical purpose” for the investigation as far as I could tell. All I got from his manifestos was him bragging that he suddenly realized that a player’s actions, chosen within certain gameplay parameters, can affect an outcome. Simply put, games are interactive. That’s obvious. It’s true for every game and video game I’ve ever played, from solitaire to LSD Dream Emulator. He made GTAV sound no different from Frogger or Asteroid, even though GTA obviously takes interactivity to a very different level. (Well, I guess some of the early GTA games did look a little like Frogger...) But if he was trying to say something beyond that, if he was honestly trying to say anything at all, he unfortunately couldn’t find a way to communicate it.

To riff on the movie metaphors and Hollywood easter eggs that have popped up in the thread, those manifestos reminded me of that sloppy documentary (?) on The Shining that just came out, Room 236. Sometimes people get so obsessed with trying to prove that they have some kind of special insider’s knowledge that they refuse to see the big picture. Sometimes it’s easier to make up simplistic fantasy explanations and conspiracy theories than to appreciate the real depth and nuance of the thing itself.

I bet there are a lot of helpful ideas that have been lost between the cracks of the main discussion here too, including some “out of the box” stuff. That’s why I hope people will continue to do good research, and then clearly identify their sources, share their evidence, and present it all to the forum in a way that 1) shows why those observations are important and 2) allows other people to verify them independently. That, in a nutshell, is what academic really means.

Wow. The fact that an easter egg hunt in a video game has gotten this intense is really amazing. I really admire all the people who are putting their time and effort into the search. I still expect that there’s a ton of interesting things to find in GTAV, whether they’re easter eggs and cultural references that are easy to spot, or just small details in the game’s incredible programming.

At the same time, you can’t forget that video games like Grand Theft Auto--just like Thelma and Louise or Alien or the other movies GTA references--are big-budget commercial products that are created in order to make unbelievable amounts of money in the real world. There are a few comments here that have hinted at the idea that we need to step out of the GTA story world for a minute and think about how rumors of UFOs and jetpacks are being used in Rockstar’s sales strategy... online missions, DLC, upgrades, etc.

That’s one of the reasons I’m curious to know who “discovered” these easter eggs in the first place. Maybe we can create our own mural that shows how information _about_ easter eggs was spread online and then gives us new clues about how to find other treasures in the game itself.
  • Cola82 and Benjamoose like this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by rovert, 14 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

San Chianski's highest peak is also shaped just like in the mural.

image.jpg

edit: im talking about the mountain in the background.
  • GreeenDude likes this

shaftonetwoone
  • shaftonetwoone

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

What you guys are focusing on is now incorrect. The mural, for the moment, is done.  There is a fourth flying UFO to discover over the city.  When it's found, it should make EVERYTHING clearer.

Also, do not try to overcomplicate things.  The mystery was designed to be accessible to all with some minor effort.  Do not confuse references to real life structures to some deeper mystery which does not exist and please stop mixing up the secrets.  Some things are not and never will be related to each other.

• Benjamoose and talkol like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

San Chianski's highest peak is also shaped just like in the mural.

image.jpg

edit: im talking about the mountain in the background.

That's Mt. Chiliad in the background.

Mt. Gordo is on the right.

The lighthouse is in the middle.

Mischief311
  • Mischief311

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Anything yet?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

PPS: File locations here for highres: http://truezink.imgur.com/all/ - it's best to browse by album.

Your files aren't publically accessible. You may wish to change this setting on Imgur.

What i'd like to see plotted on this map are the locations of the major radio towers and also lines drawn out from the satellite dishes near to them.

We know they both play a role in the mysteries (radio shacks are visited by MIBs, the satellite dishes point towards UFOs).  Using this info. you may be able to triangulate some areas of interest, especially around the city as this shaft guy has said.

inter_net_meme
  • inter_net_meme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Not sure if this relevant to this thread exactly but I have compiiled the markings at the hippy camp into an easy to view format, again sorry if not relevant here.

zblZYAy.png

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

What you guys are focusing on is now incorrect. The mural, for the moment, is done.  There is a fourth flying UFO to discover over the city.  When it's found, it should make EVERYTHING clearer.

Also, do not try to overcomplicate things.  The mystery was designed to be accessible to all with some minor effort.  Do not confuse references to real life structures to some deeper mystery which does not exist and please stop mixing up the secrets.  Some things are not and never will be related to each other.

I heard about this UFO over the city/pier area a while ago. something about the game files saying there is a 4th UFO and the location of it.

Could anyone link to some info about this missing UFO, the found files, etc.

thank you in advance.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

I, for one, am going to grab a helicopter and start flying over the clouds. I agree that we've been running in circles and another flying ufo makes sense.

I'm still far from 100%, so I hope I'm not wasting my time. The 2 other ufos can be seen without 100%

Mischief311
  • Mischief311

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Has anyone thought about the invisible ladder?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

I heard about this UFO over the city/pier area a while ago. something about the game files saying there is a 4th UFO and the location of it.

Could anyone link to some info about this missing UFO, the found files, etc.

thank you in advance.

found it in script.rpf named ufo.scs

AZ_SPECIAL_UFO_03 followed by AZ_PORT_OF_LS_UNDERWATER_CREAKS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users