Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Bobsoldiers
  • Bobsoldiers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

As we speaked earlier, yago might have something to do with the answer.

The praise him glyph, give thanks etc...  Now I found this.

http://rsg.ms/1chKvJd

The path looks exactly like the one on the glyph.  And it leads to the yoga place which has a view on Mount Chilliad.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Maybe it isn't a clue. Maybe it's the Altruists have changed beliefs due to the presence of the Chiliad UFO? It's affected them somehow?

Well, they could have made it easier on us and updated their bloody website. Or at least bleeted it; #welikethesunnow.

• Grumbledore likes this

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

1. Going back to "The Hatch".

Has anyone taken the sub and parked it directly on top of the hatch and tried to directly ascend? The reason I ask is because of how "The Bomb" is picked up in the Merriweather dock mission.

2. Has anyone tried to map the mural lines to map lines IN Los Santos?

At this point, I think its fair to say that the meaning of the Xs is entirely unknown.

3. I'm beginning to think that the mural refers to multiple parts of the map and IS NOT just a simple overlay. As with any idea, I could be smoking crack, but the glyphs don't directly map to anything on an overlay, so why not "SECTION" the mural into pieces.

a. The mountain (metaphorically a pyramid) + all seeing eye + lightning/radio signals + "return once your story is complete" seems to be linked to the Chiliad UFO.

b. The UFO, Egg, and Jetpack boxes don't appear to map to an object on the map. They seem relevant to the overall solution.

c. The lines don't appear to map to mountain cartography

Thoughts?

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Has anyone taken the sub and parked it directly on top of the hatch and tried to directly ascend? The reason I ask is because of how "The Bomb" is picked up in the Merriweather dock mission.

At this point, I think its fair to say that the meaning of the Xs is entirely unknown.

3. I'm beginning to think that the mural refers to multiple parts of the map and IS NOT just a simple overlay. As with any idea, I could be smoking crack, but the glyphs don't directly map to anything on an overlay, so why not "SECTION" the mural into pieces.

a. The mountain (metaphorically a pyramid) + all seeing eye + lightning/radio signals + "return once your story is complete" seems to be linked to the Chiliad UFO.

b. The UFO, Egg, and Jetpack boxes don't appear to map to an object on the map. They seem relevant to the overall solution.

Thoughts?

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1063726725

and for the hatch... i was standing on it thrown sticky and grenades at it and they were falling through the hatch. no the hatch is not connected in anyway.

thx for reading

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

The Xes show the location of the glyphs so you know how to make the UFO spawn.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Thoughts?

Yeah, I was trying to overlay those on the roads of Los Santos earlier today, came up with a big fat nothing. Could very well still be possible though. I'm with you on the x's, lots of stuff has come close but never quite with that 'Eureka!' feeling. I was messing about doing all sorts with the mural; mirroring it, layering one side over the other, removing the boxes. Again, to no avail, but I'll keep going with it and let you know if I come up with anything.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dude, they really don't. 5 boxes, 3 glyphs (to make the UFO appear anyway)

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by proxygeek, 13 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Dude, they really don't. 5 boxes, 3 glyphs (to make the UFO appear anyway)

I agree, they don't map.

The boxes seem to overlay correctly, but, unless you're the one doing the overlaying, we as a community don't really know if this is the case. Hard to tell from just looking at a photo, it wouldn't be hard for someone to "make it fit". If it does then fine, but I'm skeptical. The reason is that you have to "stretch" the photo over the mountain to make it fit. I can't imagine R* would expect people to have Photoshop skills to figure the puzzle out.

If "X" marks the spot, perhaps there are 5 items required to reach Nirvana. There are sequences of 5 throughout the game. The PENRIS starts drive me crazy, both on the logo and on the ground. I can't tell you how many ideas I have had (and had to squash) because of those damn things.

I think we're on the brink and just need to keep on trying things. Eventually something is going to work out.

I have kids! This game is driving my Wife and kids insane now, LOL.

• Duxfever and Xx-Starchild-xX like this

ThatPotatoGuy
  • ThatPotatoGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

theory.jpg

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by proxygeek, 13 October 2013 - 11:33 PM.

One hilarious side note.

There is an old movie called: It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world | Circa 1963.

Very funny movie if you haven't seen it, but very long.

These greedy nut cases all hear about a treasure hunt and scramble like roaches in a race to find it causing serious hijinks (comedy). Well "X" quite literally marks the spot. They keep looking and looking and can't find anything. That is until the good police detective (Spencer Tracy) in the movie notices two palm trees leaning inward making an X. The treasure is buried directly under the X.

LOL

It reminds me of us on our pursuit for the Egg. It's probably going to end up being something relatively mundane that we simply didn't connect.

The comedy along the way is the fun part gents. ;)

amhz.jpg

yke.gif

oxfr.jpg

n44h.gif

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Solving the mystery is the fun way, People playing GTA V in a while will just check it all on google & be like "Ok"

But to actually have solved it together is really fun :)

• GreeenDude and JimZvim like this

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by stangone50, 13 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

If it's any use TrueZink

http://socialclub.ro...HEU-A5Ej88ezATw

1. I noticed this just last night but, those sun symbols are the same looking as the symbols that represent the weather when you open uo the internet on the phone. In the upper right corenr you will see the day and the weather as it changes but, i dont think any of the other symbols match up, just coincidence probably?

2. WHERE do i find that barn?

The location is in the photo . Click the POI icon . This sun to me looks to represent dawn or dusk with the horizontal line at the bottom . Other referances to dawn are the red suns we see .

before the altruists camp theorie comes up again...

the glyphs have been discovered in the game files today. names are like that:
cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

Was there a complete list for these clue files ?

Ok. I can't try this cos I don't have a black light but has anybody shone one on the NORMAL version of the map? Also regarding the mural, why is the fact we need a storm shown TWICE? They must mean separate things.

I think this is a very good point . If the bolts were just in the top area by the eye i could see it representing an antenna but being that the bolts surround the mountain to me its showing me thunder .

Now we know it does not need to thunder to have the UFO spawn . We also have the cloud glyphs hinting at rain . So why is it shown twice ?

Looking at this simply as possibly ,without knowing what the glyphs mean or that the ufo will spawn . . . In the dark in rain on chiliad you cant really see anything .

With thunder and lightning there are flashes of light. The eye will show us the way in those flashes of light .

These threads have consumed me  lately but i love it and wanna thank everyone who has contributed . Together we will see this through .

I will continue my search . I am also starting a new game in the meanwhile to see if i perhaps missed any clues along the way .

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone use the no walls glitches in order to glitch inside the mural room? What about the room right next to it on the other side?

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by proxygeek, 14 October 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Have we studied this closely?

9fxp.jpg

In Latin (5 Latin words):

"He [God] has favored our undertakings"

"New Order of the Ages"

1776 in roman numerals

13 levels in the pyramid

The Chiliad mountain mural shows light shimmering in the bottom corners but could also be a reference to mountain terrain.

I'm really stretching here, but has anyone dialed *1776?

Interestingly, "Perennis" means "everlasting" and was to be on the bill in the original great seal design. Seams like PENRIS may have at least been influenced from this albeit it is an anagram for SNIPER, or SNIPE (5 characters).

LOL

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by themutedtrumpet, 14 October 2013 - 12:18 AM.

I think that regardless of how you do the overlay, the simple fact is that there are only 4 glyphs on that side of the mountain, one of which nobody has been able to assign a meaning to. (I'm not counting the man's face as it clearly doesn't match the rest. Even if it did, it still wouldn't fit the mural) I'm not for one second suggesting that the four that are there don't fit at all, because they clearly do. But,the mere fact that there is one missing suggests to me that this is Rockstar's way of saying 'there's more to it than that'. I get the feeling that a lot of people think this is raking over things that have been put to bed, but for me saying 'Three of them fit and those three tell you how to make the UFO appear, so that's all there is to it' just isn't a good enough answer. If there's five boxes/x's on the mural then there's a reason for each one of them and if that isn't the case then the idea of 'decoding the chiliad mural' goes out of the window.

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

May be where the missing x overlay of mount chililad is supposed to be is the entrance?We have found where 4 x's are so maybe the 5th is where x marks the spot!I know its a little simple thinking there,but has anyone tried?

clownkiller2
  • clownkiller2

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by clownkiller2, 14 October 2013 - 01:01 AM.

map.jpg

Sakred
  • Sakred

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

map.jpg

Why do people keep posting this map? If it's the 3 UFOs, the bottom two are located wrong.

Bleedingwickedly
  • Bleedingwickedly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

map.jpg

What's this supposed to show?

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

I’ve been around for a while but I’m a first time poster here. Hi everyone.

Test, test...

First of all, thanks to all the people in this and the other threads who are working so hard to solve these mysteries. Unfortunately I have few opportunities to play the game now, but I've been following the easter egg threads closely since the game was released, and I love it. That Lost hatch code for example was totally hilarious. Keep up the good work!

I realize I’m jumping in really late in the game, but I hope you don't mind if I make a couple of suggestions.

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1553]
themutedtrumpet, on 13 Oct 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:
I think this whole discussion on the jetpack to Zancudo link is pretty academic.

themutedtrumpet's comment here got me thinking. I understand what you mean, but "academic" is really the wrong word. Nothing about this discussion has been academic. If people were academic in their comments here, these mystery threads would be much easier to follow and much more productive.

Basically, the standards for evidence on this forum are really, really low. It’s no surprise that the conversation is full of dangling threads and red herrings. Also it’s often simply hard to read; the formatting of messages is usually so sloppy that it’s hard to tell who's quoting what or which parts are new. (I know a few other people here have said the same thing.)

If people could follow a few simple “academic” rules this would be a much smoother operation and we would be able to prove (or debunk) easter egg theories much more easily. This is just my own educated opinion, but I really think this advice would help everyone find answers faster:

- If you’re responding to someone else’s post, identify the author and exact comment you're responding to (including the post number), but quote as little text as possible. Never quote complete paragraphs or full messages.
- If you see something curious when you play, ALWAYS take a picture or video of it, and if it’s hard to find, always get a map image with the exact location before posting about it here.
- If you want to talk about somebody else’s video, picture, or post, always cite your source. For example if it’s a Reddit post, give us the link, or at least tell us the poster’s name and the title of the thread.
- Also, and maybe most importantly, write clearly and in complete sentences. If people can’t understand what you’re trying to say, it’s usually your own damn fault.

Questions and theories are great. They’re what keep this treasure hunt going. But if you want to say you found something weird when you were playing, or that you read an incredible facebook post, or that you saw an amazing YouTube video, you need to be able to prove that you really did find/read/see it, or all you’re doing is wasting everyone’s time. It’s really, really easy to do. Just show us where you’re getting your information.

That’s my advice. I’m worried that the easter egg threads are going to keep filling up with dinosaurs and b.s. about “karma” until everybody gets bored and gives up, and I don’t want to see that happen.

I have a couple of questions of my own about Chiliad and the mural, but I’ll save them for a later message. Cheers, everone.
  • SignoreDoom likes this

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Solving the mystery is the fun way, People playing GTA V in a while will just check it all on google & be like "Ok"
But to actually have solved it together is really fun :)

And this my friends is what we need to remember when we start arguing with one another.
  • Xx-Starchild-xX, Benjamoose and GreeenDude like this

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1579]
AnEvilVet wrote:
Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL.

I saw this when you mentioned it several days ago. I think it's a great observation! But there are several major Hollywood studios with logos that look like the Chiliad mural (like Paramount and Columbia--triangular composition in the center, light coming from the top, things circling the peak, etc). I don't think it's a coincidence that the mural looks like a Hollywood studio logo, but I doubt this has anything to do with RKO specifically. Probably more to do with the fictional Hollywood-like setting.

Can we make a more general connection between the mural and film production in the city? I know there are actors walking around at the studios in alien costumes...

(P.S. Is there a way to attach images directly without using an external URL? Sorry, I'm new.)

GreeenDude
  • GreeenDude

Restless GTA Conspiracist

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

As we speaked earlier, yago might have something to do with the answer.

The praise him glyph, give thanks etc...  

I really think Bob may have a point here. I always thought having yoga on a mountain was such an odd spot to do it. I mean, it makes sense to be around nature and all, but I feel like R* may have an ulterior motive for its placement there. Then again, I may be wrong. I've done very little investigating in game myself.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1553]
themutedtrumpet, on 13 Oct 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:
I think this whole discussion on the jetpack to Zancudo link is pretty academic.

themutedtrumpet's comment here got me thinking. I understand what you mean, but "academic" is really the wrong word.

Hello and welcome to the discussion. I appreciate the point you were trying to put across, but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Can someone post a pic of the mural over laid with mount chilad with the red x's matching up to the glyphs?

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Ok. I can't try this cos I don't have a black light but has anybody shone one on the NORMAL version of the map? Also regarding the mural, why is the fact we need a storm shown TWICE? They must mean separate things.

storm shown twice? oO
I believe he means the thunderbolt symbols.

Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL. This was a studio like MGM and Warner Bros and had a radio tower broadcasting these symbols out as their logo, like MGM have a lion.

There's a radio tower on top of Chiliad and it's set in a version of LA with Hollywood and film studios.

This logo also features at the end of Rocky Horror Picture Show, which also features aliens :\
Come to think of it, anyone tried tuning into soul wax fm while the UFO is up?
Yes, I believe the radio, mobiles and car horns have all been done.

I was listening to another station, worldwide or some sh*t, and as I drove past the dishes at sandy shores i got a second of weird garbled radio chatter. Odd. Then it just... Went.

You may have been listening to one of the talk radios as they cut and and swap to a random station when you leave either stations respected section of the map. (WCTR for the southern section of the map and Blain Country Radio for the northern part. 

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

stupid question, how do i add a photo to my posts ?

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by Themrphenix, 14 October 2013 - 03:11 AM.

stupid question, how do i add a photo to my posts ?

Use an image hosting site then post the forum link,just google free pic hosting and there you go!

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1614] themutedtrumpet wrote:
“but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.”

Thanks for the welcome!

And just a short digression to respond to your point… Yes, I understood what you meant by that comment. I know it’s sort of a tongue-in-cheek use of the word--meaning something like show-off, smarty-pants, but totally impractical and out-of-touch. The point I wanted to make is that, in reality, the one thing this conversation absolutely needs is more academic thinking. Not “academic” in the joke sense that you were using, but in the actual meaning of the word.

According to the definition you were using, the most “academic” posts about GTAV on this forum so far were probably you-know-who’s [I’m not going to identify or quote him] senseless, condescending yet totally pointless, stream-of-consciousness ramblings about “karma” and stuff. I read all of those. His messages had no logic, no support, and no argument holding them together. In some dark, backwards corner of the artificial world we call the Internet, I’m sure so-and-so’s manifestos are the epitome of “academic” writing.

But that’s not what academic means in real reality. In all seriousness, if people here always submitted their theories and evidence according to something just a little bit closer to _actual_ academic standards of evidence, we would not be chasing our tails all day long. All of the mysteries would probably already be solved.

Of course I don’t think folks here need to start talking like college professors; that would take all the fun out of it. But if people would put a tiny bit more effort in to make the conversation just a _little_ more academic (basically, the totally simple act of showing your evidence and citing your sources!!) the whole process will become much more coherent, productive, and a hell of a lot more fun.

= = = = =

While I’m at it I have a question. Since the various easter egg hunting threads on the net have been so sloppy and UN-academic, I’m having trouble tracing the path that the discussion has taken up to now. Do we know how the UFOs (and other easter eggs) were discovered in the first place? Was the mural discovered first, or were the UFOs spotted first? Can we identify the first person/people who made a post about discovering any of the four UFOs--either on this forum, on reddit, on youtube, or somewhere else? I mean the _actual_ first public post(s) with pictures or other evidence of finding these easter eggs in-game. Where did it all start?

I think if we can pinpoint those posts/individuals, it will help us understand the mural better.

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Farkle, 14 October 2013 - 04:03 AM.

I've followed the guy since, and academic isn't the word I would have used. He's declined rapidly in recent weeks, and pretty much posts constantly, more or less to himself, on a blog that sounds more like a cult recruiting brochure than anything else.  The writings are more worrisome and psychologically imbalanced than anything he posted on this site prior. To put it bluntly, he's gone bye bye birdie.

Unfortunately, the creative force behind it can be useful in matters such has these, but the product in this case is being influenced "in a negative fashion" I'm afraid.

That said, I would agree, "showing your evidence and citing your sources" is very important. An open mind to others feedback would also be helpful. Thankfully there is some of that here in this thread. On the other hand, there's something to be said for "out of the box" thinking has well, and sometimes the oddest contributions can lead to wonderful results. The key is in the balance.

I will leave the second part of your post to others now. I have not been involved enough to qualify in answering it in all honesty. I would agree though, things have been a bit of a mess, and pinpointing some key points could be very helpful towards getting back on track.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users