Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
clownkiller2
  • clownkiller2

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by clownkiller2, 14 October 2013 - 01:01 AM.

map.jpg

Sakred
  • Sakred

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

map.jpg

Why do people keep posting this map? If it's the 3 UFOs, the bottom two are located wrong.

Bleedingwickedly
  • Bleedingwickedly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

map.jpg

What's this supposed to show?

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

I’ve been around for a while but I’m a first time poster here. Hi everyone.

Test, test...

First of all, thanks to all the people in this and the other threads who are working so hard to solve these mysteries. Unfortunately I have few opportunities to play the game now, but I've been following the easter egg threads closely since the game was released, and I love it. That Lost hatch code for example was totally hilarious. Keep up the good work!

I realize I’m jumping in really late in the game, but I hope you don't mind if I make a couple of suggestions.

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1553]
themutedtrumpet, on 13 Oct 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:
I think this whole discussion on the jetpack to Zancudo link is pretty academic.

themutedtrumpet's comment here got me thinking. I understand what you mean, but "academic" is really the wrong word. Nothing about this discussion has been academic. If people were academic in their comments here, these mystery threads would be much easier to follow and much more productive.

Basically, the standards for evidence on this forum are really, really low. It’s no surprise that the conversation is full of dangling threads and red herrings. Also it’s often simply hard to read; the formatting of messages is usually so sloppy that it’s hard to tell who's quoting what or which parts are new. (I know a few other people here have said the same thing.)

If people could follow a few simple “academic” rules this would be a much smoother operation and we would be able to prove (or debunk) easter egg theories much more easily. This is just my own educated opinion, but I really think this advice would help everyone find answers faster:

- If you’re responding to someone else’s post, identify the author and exact comment you're responding to (including the post number), but quote as little text as possible. Never quote complete paragraphs or full messages.
- If you see something curious when you play, ALWAYS take a picture or video of it, and if it’s hard to find, always get a map image with the exact location before posting about it here.
- If you want to talk about somebody else’s video, picture, or post, always cite your source. For example if it’s a Reddit post, give us the link, or at least tell us the poster’s name and the title of the thread.
- Also, and maybe most importantly, write clearly and in complete sentences. If people can’t understand what you’re trying to say, it’s usually your own damn fault.

Questions and theories are great. They’re what keep this treasure hunt going. But if you want to say you found something weird when you were playing, or that you read an incredible facebook post, or that you saw an amazing YouTube video, you need to be able to prove that you really did find/read/see it, or all you’re doing is wasting everyone’s time. It’s really, really easy to do. Just show us where you’re getting your information.

That’s my advice. I’m worried that the easter egg threads are going to keep filling up with dinosaurs and b.s. about “karma” until everybody gets bored and gives up, and I don’t want to see that happen.

I have a couple of questions of my own about Chiliad and the mural, but I’ll save them for a later message. Cheers, everone.
  • SignoreDoom likes this

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Solving the mystery is the fun way, People playing GTA V in a while will just check it all on google & be like "Ok"
But to actually have solved it together is really fun :)

And this my friends is what we need to remember when we start arguing with one another.
  • Xx-Starchild-xX, Benjamoose and GreeenDude like this

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1579]
AnEvilVet wrote:
Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL.

I saw this when you mentioned it several days ago. I think it's a great observation! But there are several major Hollywood studios with logos that look like the Chiliad mural (like Paramount and Columbia--triangular composition in the center, light coming from the top, things circling the peak, etc). I don't think it's a coincidence that the mural looks like a Hollywood studio logo, but I doubt this has anything to do with RKO specifically. Probably more to do with the fictional Hollywood-like setting.

Can we make a more general connection between the mural and film production in the city? I know there are actors walking around at the studios in alien costumes...

(P.S. Is there a way to attach images directly without using an external URL? Sorry, I'm new.)

GreeenDude
  • GreeenDude

Restless GTA Conspiracist

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

As we speaked earlier, yago might have something to do with the answer.

The praise him glyph, give thanks etc...  

I really think Bob may have a point here. I always thought having yoga on a mountain was such an odd spot to do it. I mean, it makes sense to be around nature and all, but I feel like R* may have an ulterior motive for its placement there. Then again, I may be wrong. I've done very little investigating in game myself.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1553]
themutedtrumpet, on 13 Oct 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:
I think this whole discussion on the jetpack to Zancudo link is pretty academic.

themutedtrumpet's comment here got me thinking. I understand what you mean, but "academic" is really the wrong word.

Hello and welcome to the discussion. I appreciate the point you were trying to put across, but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

Can someone post a pic of the mural over laid with mount chilad with the red x's matching up to the glyphs?

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Ok. I can't try this cos I don't have a black light but has anybody shone one on the NORMAL version of the map? Also regarding the mural, why is the fact we need a storm shown TWICE? They must mean separate things.

storm shown twice? oO
I believe he means the thunderbolt symbols.

Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL. This was a studio like MGM and Warner Bros and had a radio tower broadcasting these symbols out as their logo, like MGM have a lion.

There's a radio tower on top of Chiliad and it's set in a version of LA with Hollywood and film studios.

This logo also features at the end of Rocky Horror Picture Show, which also features aliens :\
Come to think of it, anyone tried tuning into soul wax fm while the UFO is up?
Yes, I believe the radio, mobiles and car horns have all been done.

I was listening to another station, worldwide or some sh*t, and as I drove past the dishes at sandy shores i got a second of weird garbled radio chatter. Odd. Then it just... Went.

You may have been listening to one of the talk radios as they cut and and swap to a random station when you leave either stations respected section of the map. (WCTR for the southern section of the map and Blain Country Radio for the northern part. 

kilo420remix
  • kilo420remix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

stupid question, how do i add a photo to my posts ?

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by Themrphenix, 14 October 2013 - 03:11 AM.

stupid question, how do i add a photo to my posts ?

Use an image hosting site then post the forum link,just google free pic hosting and there you go!

SuperMaruoBrassiere
  • SuperMaruoBrassiere

Spectator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

[Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural: post #1614] themutedtrumpet wrote:
“but 'academic' really isn't the wrong word here. I was using it in the sense of having no practical purpose.”

Thanks for the welcome!

And just a short digression to respond to your point… Yes, I understood what you meant by that comment. I know it’s sort of a tongue-in-cheek use of the word--meaning something like show-off, smarty-pants, but totally impractical and out-of-touch. The point I wanted to make is that, in reality, the one thing this conversation absolutely needs is more academic thinking. Not “academic” in the joke sense that you were using, but in the actual meaning of the word.

According to the definition you were using, the most “academic” posts about GTAV on this forum so far were probably you-know-who’s [I’m not going to identify or quote him] senseless, condescending yet totally pointless, stream-of-consciousness ramblings about “karma” and stuff. I read all of those. His messages had no logic, no support, and no argument holding them together. In some dark, backwards corner of the artificial world we call the Internet, I’m sure so-and-so’s manifestos are the epitome of “academic” writing.

But that’s not what academic means in real reality. In all seriousness, if people here always submitted their theories and evidence according to something just a little bit closer to _actual_ academic standards of evidence, we would not be chasing our tails all day long. All of the mysteries would probably already be solved.

Of course I don’t think folks here need to start talking like college professors; that would take all the fun out of it. But if people would put a tiny bit more effort in to make the conversation just a _little_ more academic (basically, the totally simple act of showing your evidence and citing your sources!!) the whole process will become much more coherent, productive, and a hell of a lot more fun.

= = = = =

While I’m at it I have a question. Since the various easter egg hunting threads on the net have been so sloppy and UN-academic, I’m having trouble tracing the path that the discussion has taken up to now. Do we know how the UFOs (and other easter eggs) were discovered in the first place? Was the mural discovered first, or were the UFOs spotted first? Can we identify the first person/people who made a post about discovering any of the four UFOs--either on this forum, on reddit, on youtube, or somewhere else? I mean the _actual_ first public post(s) with pictures or other evidence of finding these easter eggs in-game. Where did it all start?

I think if we can pinpoint those posts/individuals, it will help us understand the mural better.

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Farkle, 14 October 2013 - 04:03 AM.

I've followed the guy since, and academic isn't the word I would have used. He's declined rapidly in recent weeks, and pretty much posts constantly, more or less to himself, on a blog that sounds more like a cult recruiting brochure than anything else.  The writings are more worrisome and psychologically imbalanced than anything he posted on this site prior. To put it bluntly, he's gone bye bye birdie.

Unfortunately, the creative force behind it can be useful in matters such has these, but the product in this case is being influenced "in a negative fashion" I'm afraid.

That said, I would agree, "showing your evidence and citing your sources" is very important. An open mind to others feedback would also be helpful. Thankfully there is some of that here in this thread. On the other hand, there's something to be said for "out of the box" thinking has well, and sometimes the oddest contributions can lead to wonderful results. The key is in the balance.

I will leave the second part of your post to others now. I have not been involved enough to qualify in answering it in all honesty. I would agree though, things have been a bit of a mess, and pinpointing some key points could be very helpful towards getting back on track.

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

When i get back on here tomorrow, i better see the jet pack mystery solved. lol jk i would be pretty pissed if we aren't able to find the jet pack because its a dlc or something. We got a lot of smart people on here so theres got to be something wrong.

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Where was it ever said that Rockstar ever addressed this mystery period? All these guys saying rockstar confirmed the space docker has no use or confirmed this or that? Where are you getting your information?

PowerOver9K
  • PowerOver9K

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by PowerOver9K, 14 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

One hilarious side note.

There is an old movie called: It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world | Circa 1963.

Very funny movie if you haven't seen it, but very long.

These greedy nut cases all hear about a treasure hunt and scramble like roaches in a race to find it causing serious hijinks (comedy). Well "X" quite literally marks the spot. They keep looking and looking and can't find anything. That is until the good police detective (Spencer Tracy) in the movie notices two palm trees leaning inward making an X. The treasure is buried directly under the X.

LOL

It reminds me of us on our pursuit for the Egg. It's probably going to end up being something relatively mundane that we simply didn't connect.

The comedy along the way is the fun part gents. ;)

amhz.jpg

I'll say this again because it's probably buried in this thread by now but it is relevant to this post. There is a Mad Mad..... Mad World reference in this game. One of the hikers on the mountain makes a side comment regarding look for the 'W'. He is referring to the movie as there is a "Look for the W" quote in that movie. There just so happens to be a small 'W' shaped set of identical palm trees here. http://rsg.ms/19EWDUe

That's not all. This little parking island with the palms is shaped identical to the YELLOW OUTLINE in the hippy camp with the large red arrow next to it. http://i.imgur.com/4J6g08R.png If you don't believe me get in a helicopter and go over to the hippy camp and then go over by the parking structure in the middle of the desert. The Hippys will even make a comment about things lining up in the desert including the rocks. 

If you stand between the 'W's and look around take a look at the arrow formed from the Info Sign. http://rsg.ms/192Dv2f

I don't know if it means something but notice the bottom of the Chilad Mural has the lines? http://i.imgur.com/RLX0WLB.png Are these equal to the parking spaces surrounding said spot I'm talking about...Are you supposed to park something here? Are we supposed to be paying attention to the Radio Tower in the background that the Information Signs' up arrow is pointing at??? I think the sand in that little cul-de-sac needs to be searched for clues written in it. I would but I'm on a plane right now over 20k feet the air. :)

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

image.jpg
free photo hosting

Chernobyl_sunrise
  • Chernobyl_sunrise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Chernobyl_sunrise, 14 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Take a chopper over the docks in Los Santos. There's a warehouse with the words Stay Frosty on the roof. I took that as a reference to Alien in reply to the earlier post.

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

That reply from rockstar says nothing of the space docker and doesn't say that there is a jetpack only that the minimum wage customer service rep isn't allowed to speak on the matter. It's not like Sam houser himself confirmed anything in an interview. I definitely think there is a mystery to e solved but bottom line: Rockstar has not addressed this PERIOD.

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by talkol, 14 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

http://rsg.ms/1bOdu7h

Is this real or a mod? (It's a man face marking on the mountain wall)

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Farkle, 14 October 2013 - 04:40 AM.

http://rsg.ms/1bOdu7h

Is this real or a mod? (It's a man face marking on the mountain wall)

Real. Got a pic in my gallery also.

http://prod.cloud.ro...qGTGFcA/0_0.jpg

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

http://socialclub.ro...acEaw4ayL0u_VxQ

If you spawn the UFO in the thunderstorm, It stays if it stops raining correct? Which is why this picture has the UFO without the thunderstorm at what looks like early morning?

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

That reply from rockstar says nothing of the space docker and doesn't say that there is a jetpack only that the minimum wage customer service rep isn't allowed to speak on the matter. It's not like Sam houser himself confirmed anything in an interview. I definitely think there is a mystery to e solved but bottom line: Rockstar has not addressed this PERIOD.

If you would read back many pages a email by rockstar said there was not a flyable ufo in the game,but in this email they respond we can not comment on game play.Think about it....gameplay?

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

There was an email posted that said there were fly able UFOs yes. What I am saying is there is nothing about the space docker being iseless

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

There was an email posted that said there were fly able UFOs yes. What I am saying is there is nothing about the space docker being iseless

I don't know of one about the space docker being useless,so I can not comment on that good sir!

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by TrueZink, 14 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Firstly, a big thank you to Grumbledore for his PM - much appreciated and hopefully I have put it to good use (images are fairly accurate FYI).

Here are my updates, respective colours are that of glyphs / arrows;

LL4gWxfl.jpg

This has known murals represented by dots (black copy to follow for ease of sight) adjacent to their respective symbols. It also has found arrows - the one that goes from North-East South-West is an unknown as it is a Shop Sign but it is a red arrow - hiding in plain sight maybe? As you can see, the two arrrows I've seen so far appear to point on a flowing path. Now I need to look for the arrow before / next set of arrows.

Here it is in black for easy locations to reference back above (with unconfirmed arrow removed).

UVMlVoql.jpg

Truezinc,

Checkout the rest of this thread. There are maps posted with all the glyphs etc on, they dont have lines drawn on as to the direction of arrows but the hard work has been done for you already (of course).

I also consider the drawn line thing a good idea to think about, i thought about it before even looking on the net for gta.

Another idea could be that the arrows point to specific lines on the mountain so as to show how to correctly line the chillad map up.

I know, I have gone through it as the thread progressed - only just started collating the info. I was only hoping that others may already have information at hand (such as Grumbledore) that they could supply, saving back tracking through 50 pages.

If it's any use TrueZink

http://socialclub.ro...HEU-A5Ej88ezATw

Thank you Chernobyl, I will explore this next and put it on the map.

before the altruists camp theorie comes up again...

the glyphs have been discovered in the game files today. names are like that:
cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

they are transparent images.

as for the altruists camps. the paintings are only refered as decals. 99% possibillity that they are not linked with the mural at all!

I would have to say I agree on this point - the Altruist do seem different. I wanted to put it on the map but I am not sure the best way to go about it. Any ideas other than just highlighting the place?

I do remember someone finding an arrow on a motorway/freeway on/off ramp - does anyone know where this was so I may add it - or any others for this matter.

Any overlays that others think may be useful to have on the map so it can be compared & combined with other findings? My thinking on this is glyphs, arrows and maybe something else are linked up but have only been looked at in isolation...

Final question, have glyphs been found around the fort?

Regards,

TrueZink

PS. My source image is currently 231MB and it can be converted to a 21MB JPEG should anyone want/need a higher res copy - I'm only uploading at a low quality to save others data!

PPS: File locations here for highres: http://truezink.imgur.com/all/ - it's best to browse by album.

EDIT: North-East to South-West inserted for clarity & PPS put in.

• Cola82 likes this

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

That image a few pages back with the x inside the circle and the weird glyphs. It was vertical. The same thing is on the back of the space docker horizontal with the x inside the circle ending on the right side

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Unless those were cropped images from the docker idk I don't remember seeing it mentioned

Gian_246
  • Gian_246

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Hello all
I am new here but i think i found something? Anyways as you all now on the left side of the mural of mt chilliad there is a kind of wall well that may not be a wall that may be a door because if u look at the entrance or where u get off of the cable car it has the same design only folded or opened so has anyone tried doing the mt chilliad ufo easter egg then trying to drive the space docker in that place?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users