Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

If it's any use TrueZink

http://socialclub.ro...HEU-A5Ej88ezATw

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

I just want to make one more point about this new reddit theory, which also applies to a lot of theories gone before it. I really don't think that the mural's purpose was to point out the location of the UFOs we know about. It seems absurd that this tremendously hard to understand visual puzzle/map, whatever you want to call it, would be included in order to help us find things in the world which were much more likely to be found through unguided searching. Which is exactly what happened. If the mural is indeed complex instructions on how to find the hidden 'something', then it must be 'something' that is extremely well hidden. I don't think we're going to find the 'something' first and then have to explain how the mural relates to what we did. That just seems completely backwards.

• Grumbledore likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

"they didn't draw a Walrus on top of the mountain to represent a UFO, they drew a UFO on top of the mountain"

I was actually meaning to ask if there may be something wrong with my copy of GTA V...

2j61cw1.jpg

• KnuXles, Cola82, themutedtrumpet and 3 others like this

Onks
  • Onks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

The post above me= LOL

Anyway I just 100%ed the game with 0 cheats used. So if u have any theories then ask away. I'll be reinvestigating many areas as I think they haven't been properly investigated by people with 100%.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

For a game to use a jetpack symbol. A symbol representing something they KNOW we would want to use given it was in San Andreas. Something they would know fans of the original would recognize and think "hey that's likely hidden underground", it seems silly to just assume that's all it was there for.

Even if you assume no prior knowledge, it's still a vague jump for a ton of people.

Eh... I don't know... my twin 7 year old daughters both were watching when I discovered the mural and one said "A rocket pack" (to which the other replied "jet pack stupid...") they were both convinced the mural is a level map and the UFO at the top is an eye ("like in the tomb raider movie"- even though they look nothing alike),the also believe the little UFO on top of the station wagon is the one on the mural... I said nothing to them about it and they have never seen GTA San Andreas...

• AnEvilVet and Xx-Starchild-xX like this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

For a game to use a jetpack symbol. A symbol representing something they KNOW we would want to use given it was in San Andreas. Something they would know fans of the original would recognize and think "hey that's likely hidden underground", it seems silly to just assume that's all it was there for.

Even if you assume no prior knowledge, it's still a vague jump for a ton of people.

Eh... I don't know... my twin 7 year old daughters both were watching when I discovered the mural and one said "A rocket pack" (to which the other replied "jet pack stupid...") they were both convinced the mural is a level map and the UFO at the top is an eye ("like in the tomb raider movie"- even though they look nothing alike),the also believe the little UFO on top of the station wagon is the one on the mural... I said nothing to them about it and they have never seen GTA San Andreas...

Heh, I think you misread what I put.

I wasn't saying that it doesn't look like a jetpack (I'm glad they recognized it!). I was saying that unless you had played San Andreas, you wouldn't automatically assume to look in the Military Airbase, based on just that symbol.

Your daughters were right in recognizing what it is.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

But relating to GTA SA...

Area 69 (51) Is known to have Extra Terrestrial Information (UFO in box 1)

The Jetpack was found in Area 69 (Jetpack in box 3) (Links with box 1)

The only way out of Area 69 is the hatch at the top (Which coincidentally, there is an exit right at the top of the mountain, above the Hatched Egg in box 2)

Also the hatch of which you come back, IIRC has the same/similar texture as the door next to the Mural

---Maybe onto something?

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

And someone without prior knowledge of a jetpack being used as a vehicle in GTA SA would have no cause to assume it stands for a flying jetpack being available in GTAV.

If you approach this without this prior knowledge it's safe to assume you would tie a jetpack symbol to the military. If you have the prior knowledge then you know where it was found.

And I highly doubt age is a factor here unless we literally have 12 year olds in this thread. After all, you legally needed to be 18 to be sold a copy of GTA SA in the UK.

It's funny how many times you change your position on this whole thing AnEvilVet
If there's a lead on something, you're on that thread helping people out and all but this is like the 3rd time I've seen you say there is no jet pack or whatever

You're a constant flip flopper

Tomorrow when someone comes with a new theory saying there is a jet pack, I'm sure your disposition will change.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

And someone without prior knowledge of a jetpack being used as a vehicle in GTA SA would have no cause to assume it stands for a flying jetpack being available in GTAV.

If you approach this without this prior knowledge it's safe to assume you would tie a jetpack symbol to the military. If you have the prior knowledge then you know where it was found.

And I highly doubt age is a factor here unless we literally have 12 year olds in this thread. After all, you legally needed to be 18 to be sold a copy of GTA SA in the UK.

It's funny how many times you change your position on this whole thing AnEvilVet
If there's a lead on something, you're on that thread helping people out and all but this is like the 3rd time I've seen you say there is no jet pack or whatever

Tomorrow when someone comes with a new theory saying there is a jet pack, I'm sure your disposition will change.

If I must say, im 13 turning onto 14 and have completed ever single GTA so far, including the 2D's (Except for GTA V, thats for birthday)

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ok guys, imma let you know something which will cheer you up. Back in the '80s, there was a game called SwordQuest. It was a huge puzzle like this one, but much harder, because the grand prize for finishing it first? 25,000 dollars in REAL MONEY. But you know what? Someone did it, all alone. Paid his college fund. If that was possible alone, we can certainly solve the challenge Rockstar Games have given us. Stick to it and revert to the obvious. This may be simpler than you think.
  • AnEvilVet and Xx-Starchild-xX like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I believed a jetpack was in the game right at the start. However, as you said I've said multiple times that I don't believe it is in the game now. Just because I post in this thread about various theories doesn't make me a believer in a jet pack. There are multiple mysteries and Easter Eggs in this game and I've commented on every one.

Thanks for the comments though and allowing me the chance to correct you.

PS if you ever have seen me actually change my mind about something, I may actually have been convinced by a theory or evidence someone had posted. I'm always happy to admit if I was wrong.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

"they didn't draw a Walrus on top of the mountain to represent a UFO, they drew a UFO on top of the mountain"

I was actually meaning to ask if there may be something wrong with my copy of GTA V...

2j61cw1.jpg

You win...

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

If it's any use TrueZink

http://socialclub.ro...HEU-A5Ej88ezATw

1. I noticed this just last night but, those sun symbols are the same looking as the symbols that represent the weather when you open uo the internet on the phone. In the upper right corenr you will see the day and the weather as it changes but, i dont think any of the other symbols match up, just coincidence probably?

2. WHERE do i find that barn?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 13 October 2013 - 09:27 PM.

If I must say, im 13 turning onto 14 and have completed ever single GTA so far, including the 2D's (Except for GTA V, thats for birthday)
Without meaning to be offensive, I think your parents are being very irresponsible. This is just my personal opinion about the age children should play these games of course.

I would never let my children play them at your age.

X, I believe that the barn is at Donkey Punch Family Farm on the northern side of Chiliad, east of Cluckin Bell.

Did you know, you can press the downward arrow with the circle on the Snapmatic photo and it will change the picture into a map showing where the picture was taken?

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Ok. I can't try this cos I don't have a black light but has anybody shone one on the NORMAL version of the map? Also regarding the mural, why is the fact we need a storm shown TWICE? They must mean separate things.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ok. I can't try this cos I don't have a black light but has anybody shone one on the NORMAL version of the map? Also regarding the mural, why is the fact we need a storm shown TWICE? They must mean separate things.

storm shown twice? oO

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

storm shown twice? oO

There's the lighting above the eye but ALSO the rain cloud glyph :)

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I also believe, given the barebones style of the mural, that the lines in the bottom corners also mean something.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 13 October 2013 - 09:35 PM.

storm shown twice? oO
I believe he means the thunderbolt symbols.

Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL. This was a studio like MGM and Warner Bros and had a radio tower broadcasting these symbols out as their logo, like MGM has a lion.

rko-logo-n1191.jpg

There's a radio tower on top of Chiliad and it's set in a version of LA with Hollywood and film studios.

This logo also features at the end of Rocky Horror Picture Show, which also features aliens :\
  • Awolspitfire likes this

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

storm shown twice? oO

Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL. This was a studio like MGM and Warner Bros and had a radio tower broadcasting these symbols out as their logo, like MGM have a lion.

There's a radio tower on top of Chiliad and it's set in a version of LA with Hollywood and film studios.

This logo also features at the end of Rocky Horror Picture Show, which also features aliens :\

Come to think of it, anyone tried tuning into soul wax fm while the UFO is up?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

storm shown twice? oO

Personally, I think these look more like the broadcasts coming from the RKO film studios logo IRL. This was a studio like MGM and Warner Bros and had a radio tower broadcasting these symbols out as their logo, like MGM have a lion.

Yes, I believe the radio, mobiles and car horns have all been done.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

storm shown twice? oO

Yes, I believe the radio, mobiles and car horns have all been done.

I was listening to another station, worldwide or some sh*t, and as I drove past the dishes at sandy shores i got a second of weird garbled radio chatter. Odd. Then it just... Went.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

before the altruists camp theorie comes up again...

the glyphs have been discovered in the game files today. names are like that:
cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

they are transparent images.

as for the altruists camps. the paintings are only refered as decals. 99% possibillity that they are not linked with the mural at all!
  • Awolspitfire likes this

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Duxfever, 13 October 2013 - 09:45 PM.

cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

as for the altruists camps. the paintings are only refered as decals. 99% possibillity that they are not linked with the mural at all!

Hey, thanks for the info. You think we can get a link or something where we can follow game file findings (if there is one)? 

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

They need to work out what the mural is called.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

The aliens in GTA are modelled on Xenomorphs. Has anyone seen any 'Alien' movie references?

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I also believe, given the barebones style of the mural, that the lines in the bottom corners also mean something.

I thought it odd that the lines can kind of look like fence boards, almost like a small mountain with a tall fence around it keeping a village segregated..... ;)

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hey, thanks for the info. You think we can get a link or something where we can follow game file findings (if there is one)?

was a post on reddit but the user deleted himself or was deleted so the post is gone.

as for game file findings check the website of openiv.

oh and the original mural was found too:
http://imageshack.us...4/9969/fzlc.jpg

seems like the X'es where complete from the beginning. but i am not 100% sure that this is the original file because i couldn't locate the file where it was placed.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

Sorry, I can't believe that the altruist camp stuff isn't related in some way. Simply because on seeing the symbols there, you would immediately think 'pictures of the sun; they must worship the sun'. But the information gleaned from their website (written in morse code, clearly suggesting something of intrigue) goes completely against this, saying they hate the sun.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

cs1_10_clue_rain01.cdr

Sorry, I can't believe that the altruist camp stuff isn't related in some way. Simply because on seeing the symbols there, you would immediately think 'pictures of the sun; they must worship the sun'. But the information gleaned from their website (written in morse code, clearly suggesting something of intrigue) goes completely against this, saying they hate the sun.

Maybe it isn't a clue. Maybe it's the Altruists have changed beliefs due to the presence of the Chiliad UFO? It's affected them somehow?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users