Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 26 November 2013 - 03:56 AM.

on the game files. i don't know much about it. but what if rockstar named it's something inconspicuous or even hidden. rockstar said theirs so many Easter eggs most will never be found. and they probably wouldn't put the big one in plain sight. 

R* didn't say that, one of the game designers did an interview where he said there are so many obscure Easter Eggs that it's likely that one person won't see all of them.

Meaning there are a ton of little Eggs and references in the game but, as one person playing you're more likely than not to not see them all or realize the references they are making.

R* never said the Eggs were hard to find and/or achieve.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

@X, so the 'mountain clue' is not the zig zag glyph? I asked if it was about 20 pages back and someone said yes. So much confusion going on in this thread. This path is an almost perfect zig zag from top to bottom and there's also a box at the top.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

I know it's been said many times but if the glyph with the zig zag is called 'mountain clue' in the game files, this has to be what it means.

5bbcQMv.jpg

this is also what i thought it meant. still have doubts about the radio tower theory as it does tie in with morse code etc in there, but it personally made it looked like that path also. i always thought the zancudo ufo wouldnt be included in these glyphs, being the enemy & all.

EarlThePearl
  • EarlThePearl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hey please read this because it can't be coincidence.

@Jdawg pg 519 - I've had this happen too. Mid October, right after I got 100% and started reading about this mystery. I heard the ticking too. I didn't post it right away because I had no proof and thought it'd get dismissed. I still don't have proof, but I've copied and pasted what I wrote on my phone's notes app. Was sure as sh*t a ticking sound, like in any video game when a switch is flipped... Here's what I wrote myself..

Heard ticking on observation deck Mt chiliad. It was Tuesday about 3 am. No rain. I started to run towards the sealed door by the map, but turned around because ticking was accelerating and it sounded too close to deck to be coming from that door, but who knows.

violateddolphin
  • violateddolphin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Ive been following this thread since page 200 and have never seen this mentioned,

http://www.reddit.co...f_the_map_that/

I see its a month old but has anyone seen this yet?

EarlThePearl
  • EarlThePearl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

I know I was using Michael, not sure what clothes, but I remember epsilon was what got me to 100% so it coulda been those sh*tty robes. I wasn't with anyone, and although I think I looked thru the telescopes, it wasn't for long. The ticking accelerated so quickly that I didn't have time to do anything. I sprinted towards the door left of mural, but ticking got fainter, so I aborted the door and turned back towards observation deck. I saw nothing out of ordinary and no ufo was visible. BUT A DEFINITE TICKING was heard.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by POWA, 26 November 2013 - 04:56 AM.

although I think I looked thru the telescopes, it wasn't for long. The ticking accelerated so quickly that I didn't have time to do anything.

Someone mentioned a little earlier that the ticking noise is the telescope's time meter letting you know that the time to view it is running out.

http://www.reddit.co...f_the_map_that/

I see its a month old but has anyone seen this yet?

Yes, it's been mentioned already, but with no luck.

Check this out. I know it's very obscure but test it out if you want. 

Color video

This might be a long shot, but could color frequencies also tie in with the WOW signal frequencies? I've been trying to think if the frequencies could be some kind of puzzle or something. Here is a link to it.

http://www.bigear.org/6equj5.htm

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

I know it's been said many times but if the glyph with the zig zag is called 'mountain clue' in the game files, this has to be what it means.

5bbcQMv.jpg

if you see, the sand glyph show a mountain right? zigzag path to the top of a mountain, and wow signal. there is an antena at the top, possibly the sounds we can hear are from the wow signal

tugggernuts
  • tugggernuts

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

on the game files. i don't know much about it. but what if rockstar named it's something inconspicuous or even hidden. rockstar said theirs so many Easter eggs most will never be found. and they probably wouldn't put the big one in plain sight. 

R* didn't say that, one of the game designers did an interview where he said there are so many obscure Easter Eggs that it's likely that one person won't see all of them.

Meaning there are a ton of little Eggs and references in the game but, as one person playing you're more likely than not to not see them all or realize the references they are making.

R* never said the Eggs were hard to find and/or achieve.

oh sorry i thought it was a official rockstar statement of something like that. but still, they don't like making things easy. look at red dead redemption werewolves and ghosts. people looked tons of hours for them. and they said that they arnt going to say if their are or are not. and their weren't so what i said before still kinda stands although im not saying its fact or anything. 

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by POWA, 26 November 2013 - 05:13 AM.

there is an antena at the top, possibly the sounds we can hear are from the wow signal

What sounds are you referring to? The noise the ufo makes? If so, then someone would have to put it in something (I don't know what) to get the sound info. Then we could compare it to the WOW signal frequencies.

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 26 November 2013 - 05:13 AM.

there is an antena at the top, possibly the sounds we can hear are from the wow signal

What sounds are you referring to? The noise the ufo makes? If so, then someone would have to put it in something (I don't know what) to get the sound info. Then we could compare it to the WOW frequencies.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=T1E4kstjZWo here is a good video of the wow signal

300px-Wow_signal.jpg

remember that 6EQUJ5 is not the wow signl, is just a part of it, the one with higher frequency. if that mountain is mount gordo, then it has a radio tower on top, with some scientifics and guards at some point of the day. I have heard some people talk about a sound coming from there, so, if the glyph is mount gordo, then the wow signal must be  transmited by the tower at some point (sunset) or it only tell us that there is an ufo. Anyways, is juast a supposition, but seems pretty logical

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 26 November 2013 - 06:11 AM.

wow it's so nice to see everybody getting along playing nice and working towards a common goal keep going guys you're getting there

its called hive intelligence

One bee by itself isn't too bright but you put a bunch of them together and they can be pretty smart

Much in the same way you are able to formulate thoughts and ideas, this is the work of your individual brain cells workin together

now imagine what you can do with 50 brains

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

is it normal that some times the space docker dont turn off when u get out??the lights stay on, u still hear that anoying engine sound and the wierd quiet noise it makes.

Zawaz132
  • Zawaz132

Kung Fu Knitter

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

@ Ins4n1ty

Yes, most vehicles do that if you bail out of them while they are moving. They also do it occasionally, although I'm not sure why.

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

@ Ins4n1ty

Yes, most vehicles do that if you bail out of them while they are moving. They also do it occasionally, although I'm not sure why.

ok cuz i was wondering why it didnt turn off no matter how many times i got in and out of it on mount chill

• rimer888 likes this

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by TOWILS, 26 November 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Segreagte and rearrange makes me think it's possible that there's another anagram hidden somewhere. I haven't followed this thread really, so not sure tf this has been done properly.

I just looked at Altruist and Cris Formage.

Nothing to report other than than the fact that there's loads.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 26 November 2013 - 08:02 AM.

What sounds are you referring to? The noise the ufo makes? If so, then someone would have to put it in something (I don't know what) to get the sound info. Then we could compare it to the WOW frequencies.
 here is a good video of the wow signal
300px-Wow_signal.jpg
remember that 6EQUJ5 is not the wow signl, is just a part of it, the one with higher frequency. if that mountain is mount gordo, then it has a radio tower on top, with some scientifics and guards at some point of the day. I have heard some people talk about a sound coming from there, so, if the glyph is mount gordo, then the wow signal must be  transmited by the tower at some point (sunset) or it only tell us that there is an ufo. Anyways, is juast a supposition, but seems pretty logical
I listen to that video
I don't know if that's just a recreation of it but if memory serves me correct
the signal was never recorded or if it was it was never released to the public

also it lasted 70 seconds
don't know if any of this will help

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Probably unrelated, but I was aiming a sniper rifle from the chiliad exit of the railroad into the Josiah entrance, and I heard a very loud "Beep Beep" "Beep Beepeep Beep"

It happened Friday night/Saturday morning

Max-Damage
  • Max-Damage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

Just for the hell of it, read the wiki article on the WOW signal. I doubt it has any more relevance than a hint to extraterrestrials.

The signal was 72 seconds long due to the width of the big ear dish.

JJBM2011
  • JJBM2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it could be a step to the EasterEgg. The video says it could be a Step 1 or so to the Jetpack. But It could a Step 1 to do something with Mount Chiliad.

http://www.youtube.c...e=youtube_gdata

Max-Damage
  • Max-Damage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

And old mate also bases the majority of his speculation around a still picture of a fake "Michael with jetpack".

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

i love how we are all getting along!

(translation: now the mods have stepped in, nobody is brave enough to call out the morons)

we have had some really good posts in the last 5 pages or so, but we are still talking about the same zig zags and phone beeps that we were 250 pages ago.

@deadman thats because bees work together, if a bee finds a flower, he doesn't have to contend with 10 other retarded bees telling him to do something else, thats why bees get sh*t done.

• tdurbo and Saichotix like this

lwn721
  • lwn721

AnsonL

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by lwn721, 26 November 2013 - 08:18 AM.

The Reddit post about 3 colors stage and chairs which are corresponding to 3 characters at the Lost MC deserve more attention IMO (although it might not be related to the murals). Obviously there's sth to do w/ it, but many might hv missed the post...

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:38 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 26 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

i love how we are all getting along!

(translation: now the mods have stepped in, nobody is brave enough to call out the morons)

we have had some really good posts in the last 5 pages or so, but we are still talking about the same zig zags and phone beeps that we were 250 pages ago.

@deadman thats because bees work together, if a bee finds a flower, he doesn't have to contend with 10 other retarded bees telling him to do something else, thats why bees get sh*t done.

not to get into a debate over this
But actually that's not quite true
I do understand the point you're getting at
but not exactly correct the way it works
for example

If a group of bees is trying to look for a new location for it's hive

they first send out drones to investigate new spots
they in turn return to the hive and do a little dance communicating to the rest of them what they found
then more bees go out and investigate the new locations suggested by the original drones
once they investigate these places they bring that information back to the hive and do their dance
if you have more bees dancing for one location then another location eventually that is where the hive decides to move

I know sometimes searching into a dead end seems pointless
but each time you prove something to be false
you move a step closer to the truth
its like the song says in the game you gotta put in a little work

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

as far as a new location to look for your little zag line that you're looking for I said several pages ago that everything that I was reading at the cannibal camp made references to the sea

I spent days looking in the water and didn't find anything real significant other than a few land masses that didn't match the topography depicted on the in game map and some areas in the water that will always cloudy no matter what time or weather conditions

then I got to thinking there is another sea in this game

if you go to the doc with the ferris wheel
you will see on the display boards and several flags the depiction of ferris wheel
Look close enough and you will see the depiction of the Sun above it with the little zigzag line antenna
it might be worth looking into

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

The colors were explored in the other locked thread.
I'm on my Vita, so I cannot link it.
But youcan see the thread through my post history.
Should be the next to last page.
If not the last page.

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it could be a step to the EasterEgg. The video says it could be a Step 1 or so to the Jetpack. But It could a Step 1 to do something with Mount Chiliad.

http://www.youtube.c...e=youtube_gdata 

the light on the radio tower is always on at night by me. or it is cuz i crazy in there like a million times and it saved that i killed him.

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:59 AM Edited by Ins4n1ty, 26 November 2013 - 09:03 AM.

we need like little groups. 
like one group is checking every little piec of rock at mount chill, the other gordo. one team the military base and so on.
that way we dont miss anything important that have been said 300 pages ago. the way we are searching seems like little chickens without heads. some1 brings something new in here and we all stop our old search and start a new one. like this we can miss important stuff and have to backtrack the whole time.
if some1 has a new idea then its the job of that team to check it out so that way the other teams still keep on searching what ever they were searching for. nothing is going to be left out

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by kama0kazi, 26 November 2013 - 09:07 AM.

If a group of bees is trying to look for a new location for it's hive

they first send out drones to investigate new spots
they in turn return to the hive and do a little dance communicating to the rest of them what they found
then more bees go out and investigate the new locations suggested by the original drones
once they investigate these places they bring that information back to the hive and do their dance
if you have more bees dancing for one location then another location eventually that is where the hive decides to move

so where is the part where one bee ignores the others and does his dance really hard for hours on end because he is sure he is right?

OT: what happened to the grid search? i'm not involved but was the only (sorry but i do mean ONLY) worthwhile in-game 'theory' from the last 200 pages.

EDIT: above poster, please read some of the thread. hakatox posts almost every page and he has an organised grid search in his sig.

i LOVE this threads new "lets get along and hold peoples hands because they cant read" philosophy! :D

SECOND EDIT: i forgot how many brits are on this site.. how 'bout that cricket, eh?

• snailmaze likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

re read my post
I must have been in the process of editing

Saichotix
  • Saichotix

Trolls make funny noises when you feed them.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:07 AM Edited by Saichotix, 26 November 2013 - 09:10 AM.

[quote name="kama0kazi" post="1064164993" timestamp="1385453665"][/quote]

@deadman thats because bees work together, if a bee finds a flower, he doesn't have to contend with 10 other retarded bees telling him to do something else, thats why bees get sh*t done.[/quote]

I don't think I can laugh hard enough to truly appreciate this, I hope we have some hive laughing going.

Edit: Damn the quotes! My kingdom for a proper quote!
  • kama0kazi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users