Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

I wanna bring the textile city mural back up. 

I really don't think this woulda been in the game if it didn't mean something. It's so big and has so much going on with it, it has to mean something. 

the textile city is that colorful painting on a building right? with 2 arms making a triangle, eye, V, etc?

i have researched and i posted a few pages back, the text written at the edges is from an actual poem (dont remember right now), it says that is not important your score, what is important is how you play the match (is about soccer i think), if you apply this to the game: it doesnt matter whodies in thefinal mission, the important is how you played it. This makes me think if the medals have something to do

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game." (from the poem "Alumnus Football")  

if the score is not imprtant then why do you have to have 100 % to trigger the ufo??? i think ( holy sh*t... my controller just started to vibrate on the talbe and it duckin scared the sh*t out of me :D) anyways... i think we had to tricker the ofu to start the hunt for what ever we are looking for

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by tadd, 26 November 2013 - 01:07 AM.

@takeover... near the beach south of the airport there is a load of weird rocks you can use the fall over glitch into the rocks and under the map there is an area you can spawn a chopper... saw the vid on youtube...

and to the guy asking about the ticking lol ... that is the meter on the telescope running out (you enter money and have a limited time, the ticking lets you know time is up)

edit: seriously bedtime now lol byes
  • tonywehbe and ZancudoTakeover like this

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 26 November 2013 - 01:09 AM.

probably the ufo is a reward for having the 100%, having all gold medals could give us another reward

Anyways, http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l_MFIZN1LKM here is another interesting location that seems to have room inside, the video is in spanish, you can skip to 2:37 where he shows the location

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 26 November 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Ok so got approx 7000ft past the map boundary and heli lost power. Now being stalked by shark. I am now going to try again now i know how far out i can get. It leaves a huge east part of ocean accessible.

ive noticed this also. followed the 747 that you often see flying that way (gordo lighthouse, east direction over sea) but was in a chopper so eventually lost it, then realized i was so far out to sea i couldnt see any land on the minimap. even full map i had to move the pointer across abit to show land?
 will try to follow it next time in a jet.

747%20heading%20east.jpg

• Pathum likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I mentioned the idea of playing a sound based on the colors of the messages at the Altruist camp. The idea reminded me of Close Encounters. Red, Yellow, Green, Blue. That would be G#/Ab, A#/Bb, C, E. The only way I can think of this being done is with dial tones on the phone. Either way I don't know where or when you would play this. Just an interesting thought. Still makes me wonder if there is a reason for the messages being painted in different colors. 

• CanOdope and MrEZmoneymaker like this

tugggernuts
  • tugggernuts

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I mentioned the idea of playing a sound based on the colors of the messages at the Altruist camp. The idea reminded me of Close Encounters. Red, Yellow, Green, Blue. That would be G#/Ab, A#/Bb, C, E. The only way I can think of this being done is with dial tones on the phone. Either way I don't know where or when you would play this. Just an interesting thought. Still makes me wonder if there is a reason for the messages being painted in different colors. 

yeah some people said they had said tried the theory with phones so that's crossed out. im gonna try it online(using horns) with my friends at some point but its gonna be tricky coordinating it. i don't there's much to it but im willing to try anything as I've seen tons of theory's get shot down and the only way to get into chillad is trial and error.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by POWA, 26 November 2013 - 01:34 AM.

I've been looking for that house for 2 hours, found one that maybe fits the description but not really. 

I think people have already found the house, but nothing of interest was found there.

Also -- all the ufo's are in the downtown rpfs, kind of weird - gta5\_citye\downtown_01\dt1_tc_rpf\dt1_tc_dufo.xtd

Could some of the downtown ufo's be for the cutscene with Michael when he was drugged?

The artifacts under the map aren't all for the UFOs directly.

The Gordo one is also likely for an immaterial texture such as the ghost. Neither the ghost or the Gordo artifact rotate and it works on the same principle as the Chiliad artifact, ie you walk away from it and you stop seeing the texture it projects.

That seems like the most logical conclusion to me. Maybe the texture under Gordo is for a false wall or for the ghost like you suggested.

when doing the spectrometer mission has anyone actually gone up to mt chillad to see if anything happens 

I was also curious about this, but I'm kind of thinking that nothing would happen since you're already doing a mission. It's kind of like the hunting mission with Cletus where you can venture off during it and go into all the secure locations without getting wanted stars.

I didn't get abducted. I thought i was going to be, i heard ufo sound coming closer then a car sped past me and the ufo was above it. The other car crashed into a house and white beam shone down over it and the driver was gone.

Are you sure it wasn't a police helicopter light and the people got out because they ran? I've seen this happen before in the game.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by ZancudoTakeover, 26 November 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I've been looking for that house for 2 hours, found one that maybe fits the description but not really. 

I think people have already found the house, but nothing of interest was found there.

Also -- all the ufo's are in the downtown rpfs, kind of weird - gta5\_citye\downtown_01\dt1_tc_rpf\dt1_tc_dufo.xtd

Could some of the downtown ufo's be for the cutscene with Michael when he was drugged?

The artifacts under the map aren't all for the UFOs directly. Zancudo one is for the lights on top of the bunker. It has the same spin rate and although it has the texture of the Zancudo UFO, the UFO itself is solid so has it's own texture.

The Gordo one is also likely for an immaterial texture such as the ghost. Neither the ghost or the Gordo artifact rotate and it works on the same principle as the Chiliad artifact, ie you walk away from it and you stop seeing the texture it projects.

That seems like the most logical conclusion to me.

when doing the spectrometer mission has anyone actually gone up to mt chillad to see if anything happens 

I was also curious about this, but I'm kind of thinking that nothing would happen since you're already doing a mission. It's kind of like the hunting mission with Cletus where you can venture off during it and go into all the secure locations without getting wanted stars.

Also, does anyone know if the under the map texture for the Chiliad ufo looks like the ufo or is it something else. If it looks like the ufo, then it's probably safe to assume that the texture for Gordo is not a ufo since it looks more like the landscape textures. It could be a false wall or maybe the ghost that EvilVet suggested.

No, the drugged one is a "prop" and its called spinning anus.

The spinning textures should look like the image i posted a page or two back.  They look like the ufo they are just the texture files.  Id assume tis a rock or something, just weird if its actually spinning

thanks tadd Im under the airport now (used my 360, thats my banned cheating machine.  my ps3 is my uncheated 100% save)  seems like theres a bit of water there its pretty hard to actually fly the chopper out, ill keep at it tho.  eclipse towers was much closer to the film studio too, whish that one was easier.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

Still here. The spectrometer mission says return to mission when you try to leave. I tried.

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Doesn't let you wonder off with the spectrometer

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

POWA. 100 percent sure. I know what i saw and i saw it plain as day.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by POWA, 26 November 2013 - 03:25 AM.

No, the drugged one is a "prop" and its called spinning anus.

Could they be possibly be a deleted mission? If not, then I'm wondering if it could be a secret mission with Michael. Kind of like the Bigfoot mission with Franklin, but now I have to start thinking about what would trigger it if it's related to the movie studio in some way.

Still here. The spectrometer mission says return to mission when you try to leave. I tried.

Okay, thanks for checking it out.

POWA. 100 percent sure. I know what i saw and i saw it plain as day.

Hmm, interesting. Were you at 100% completion at the time?

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by kama0kazi, 26 November 2013 - 02:53 AM.

i was thinking last night (no vodka), i think that poem on the textile city mural may be referencing the 'soft' 100%, because you pretty much get that by just playing the game, it doesn't matter if you bronze all the missions and only get half the stunt jumps etc, it only matters that you gave it a shot. 

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

I know this is f*cking crazy, but I'll say it again.

The mics for online, how you yell at the store clerks. What if there's something like that in SP too.

Are those all the notes in it? Because if I got a list of notes, and what order to play, I could do it on bass, guitar, or piano. 

TH3 ONE
  • TH3 ONE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

I didn't get abducted. I thought i was going to be, i heard ufo sound coming closer then a car sped past me and the ufo was above it. The other car crashed into a house and white beam shone down over it and the driver was gone. I was being chased by rival runners as trevor during ground trafficking mission. I too smashed into a barrier and tried to look back but it was gone. It was pretty mental. Was at night unsure of time. Clothes? I really don't think that matters lol but most prob his default outfit.

Which drug mission was it? We're you 100% when you did it? Ill try it tomorrow I haven't done the ground missions

tugggernuts
  • tugggernuts

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

The mics for online, how you yell at the store clerks. What if there's something like that in SP too.

Are those all the notes in it? Because if I got a list of notes, and what order to play, I could do it on bass, guitar, or piano. 

sh*t, i didn't even think of that. it could be a possibility. would you just try different 5 note combinations?

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

sh*t, i didn't even think of that. it could be a possibility. would you just try different 5 note combinations?

The only thing that makes me think that wont work, is that the fact that how many people playing GTA know how to play a instrument and hit those notes? It's not many, so that's going to hinder a sh*tload of people from getting a prize.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

The only thing that makes me think that wont work, is that the fact that how many people playing GTA know how to play a instrument and hit those notes? It's not many, so that's going to hinder a sh*tload of people from getting a prize.

too obscure guys, not only does not everybody play, but not everybody has a mic as well.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

So heres what I found at the studio - Tried to do my best to get pics but phone in one hand controling copter in another is hard.

Some buildings you can glitch real easily here into.  Theres just no floors.

Stage 16 is one of these -

cdijzWY.png

Stage 17 is also florless  -

XrO3thP.png

Whats interesting is the other side - theres one unmarked studio across from the center lot where you steal the JB car. There is a slight area you can go up but you keep hitting solid floors all around you

ZskMUbA.png

Stage 11 & 1 seemed solid as well.  Going back to check but after a few runs that unmarked one interests me.  Maybe I can ditch the copter and get stuck on a wall so the interrior will load, not sure.

• askinnywhitedildo and mateolanda1 like this

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by phillip_trevors, 26 November 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Something happened today, thought i would note it for everyone to see.

I was on top of mount chilliad, and hear a sort of ticking when i was near the telescopes. At times, the ticking was faint, and at other times, it got louder. I have a few ideas on this, again, these might mean nothing.

• Could the ticking get louder if it was pointed at a certain point near a mountain, star, or other object?
  • If each telescope was pointed in a certain direction, would it open a door.
I recommend turning your volume up high near chiliad. I also heard some other wierd noises.

edit

i was testing my theory of the telescopes being pointed at certain stars during night, and the ticking was getting lounder when i was moving the telescope. Even after awhile, the telescope shut off like it locked onto something.

Thoughts, please.
sounds interesting...what direction did it lock?were you able to get both to lock?was the ufo visible?

went there-the ticking sound was the telescope telling you your dollar is just about up....couldn't get it to lock in any direction....

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thats logical anevilvet. I still think that whatever mystery is left to be solved is in the hippy camp. The wow signal is still a mystery and so too is the beam me up part. I think the cloud 2 and rain 2 are the glyphs in the hippy camp. And are slightly separate from the chil glyphs as in what deciphering will achieve.

Sand Glyph...

Up Arrow on the Left, WOW on the right, Eye above.

Hippy Camp...

Beam me UP on left, WOW on the right, UFO above.

Mystery solved.

some people would argue this is not what the Sand Glyph means but, in a legal case these 3 things matching up would make an open and shut case.

• askinnywhitedildo likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Ok so we need to keep this at a minimum here. We've come a long way, and we have a pretty good idea of what we're doing. 

Movie Studio, spinning boxes, Mt.Gordo, file hunting, Textile City mural, the glyphs, and the 3 other UFOs we know. Help me out if I missed something.

If we stay focused just on this stuff, and not get flooded with crazy sh*t like before, I think we can do this. 

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

Also - whats interesting in movie theater has anyone ever heard this ambient sound?  Theres a scream a click, and then this. 

http://www35.zippysh...01727/file.html

If you speed it up to 60% it sounds like its saying "anyone can see? " something similar to that?  Its some type of noise that plays in the studio but i've never heard it.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Check this out. I know it's very obscure but test it out if you want. 

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

If you want a storm without cheats,at the dishes wait with the FIB agents and a storm always comes
  • phillip_trevors likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

I know it's been said many times but if the glyph with the zig zag is called 'mountain clue' in the game files, this has to be what it means.

5bbcQMv.jpg

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

tugggernuts
  • tugggernuts

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Check this out. I know it's very obscure but test it out if you want. 

that first bit really hurt my ears lol... yeah that really cool. i mean maybe when you hit the first few notes it'll turn in to a Simon says with the UFO or it theirs clues  and the sounds unlock the sound code. or most likely absolutely nothing will happen. either way it's really interesting and never know could help.

mhinder
  • mhinder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

yeah some people said they had said tried the theory with phones so that's crossed out. im gonna try it online(using horns) with my friends at some point but its gonna be tricky coordinating it. i don't there's much to it but im willing to try anything as I've seen tons of theory's get shot down and the only way to get into chillad is trial and error.
. I tryed the tones with a phone but I'm not musically inclined. It wouldn't hurt to have another try it

tugggernuts
  • tugggernuts

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by tugggernuts, 26 November 2013 - 03:52 AM.

on the game files. i don't know much about it. but what if rockstar named it's something inconspicuous or even hidden. rockstar said theirs so many Easter eggs most will never be found. and they probably wouldn't put the big one in plain sight.

also correct me if im wrong don't want to step on anyone's toes.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

I know it's been said many times but if the glyph with the zig zag is called 'mountain clue' in the game files, this has to be what it means.

5bbcQMv.jpg

First, nobody knows what the "Mountain" clue is. It is 10x larger than the Moon and Rain clue files, so doesn't fit as being a glyph imho.

Second, why that ZigZag  and not one of tha many other ZigZag roads/trails/lines in the game?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users