Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:05 PM.

My question to you is how many GTA games have had a mural in a cable car on a mountain that has glyphs painted on it, ie symbols that 'represent' something, not explicitly stating what that thing is.

You're correct sir.

However I think he's hinting at obvious subtlety.

They know their audience, and while they wish to be cryptic, they wont be creating anything that require leaps of faith or anything that'd be overly complex on reflection.

They will most definitely be employing obvious subtlety in their puzzle.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

So many creative ideas in this thread, that's awesome. I think the Myth, that has been created by the mural, has led us to an extensive journey through the world of San Andreas.

Since there hasn't been found anything yet, I made up an idea, that CJ must have been the last one in San Andreas, who owned it. Maybe he got caught by some Epsilons or Altruists, who took it away from him. I doubt, that the Jetpack is in property of the gouvernment.

I know, this is just some thinking about some kinda Prequel, but it could give us some information about what happened to CJ.There haven't been a lot of references to this yet. Maybe this could lead us to a solution of the puzzle or maybe we will get further information after finding the Jetpack. This treasure hunt reveals us the true ingenuity, which R* implemented in this game!

You can see CJ, Big Smoke (Dead) and Ryder (Dead) on the first mission, while your driving into Grove Street, their driving out on their bikes, wearing their green colours, you can follow them if you wish, but they just circle the block

• AnEvilVet and Benjamoose like this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:13 PM.

So many creative ideas in this thread, that's awesome. I think the Myth, that has been created by the mural, has led us to an extensive journey through the world of San Andreas.

Since there hasn't been found anything yet, I made up an idea, that CJ must have been the last one in San Andreas, who owned it. Maybe he got caught by some Epsilons or Altruists, who took it away from him. I doubt, that the Jetpack is in property of the gouvernment.

I know, this is just some thinking about some kinda Prequel, but it could give us some information about what happened to CJ.There haven't been a lot of references to this yet. Maybe this could lead us to a solution of the puzzle or maybe we will get further information after finding the Jetpack. This treasure hunt reveals us the true ingenuity, which R* implemented in this game!

Rockstar has stated that the GTA games from Grand Theft Auto IV onwards take place in an alternate timeline of events.

It doesn't mean that characters or references to the old games can't happen of course. They mainly did it so that can take liberties with locations and storylines without having to rely on past events in the same locations.

But they have explicitly stated that apart from subtle references, no previous GTA protagonists from the original series of games will return properly.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

And someone without prior knowledge of a jetpack being used as a vehicle in GTA SA would have no cause to assume it stands for a flying jetpack being available in GTAV.

If you approach this without this prior knowledge it's safe to assume you would tie a jetpack symbol to the military. If you have the prior knowledge then you know where it was found.

And I highly doubt age is a factor here unless we literally have 12 year olds in this thread. After all, you legally needed to be 18 to be sold a copy of GTA SA in the UK.

That's sort of my point. If you had no prior knowledge, assuming a jetpack symbol was supposed to reference the military is as ThatPotatoGuy said "a logical leap".

Why not a picture of a tank or a man with a gun? Why pick something infamous from the previous iteration of San Andreas.

San Andreas came out in 2004. That means, that even if you were 20 now, you'd be about 10-11 years old.

So I was basically saying that a puzzle relying on people's San Andreas knowledge would be silly, and without that knowledge, I wouldn't personally assume a jetpack was supposed to be referencing the military.

You wouldn't because you had that prior knowledge. It is natural when disavowing prior knowledge to assume that the opposite stance would be taken, but that isn't the case.

Without knowledge of what a jetpack is, you cannot understand this sign. However, recognising the shape entails recognising the object, an experimental form of flight, where footage of such tests take place in airfields such as at the Fort. Also, recent media have shown personal flight devices as having militaristic trials, eg Spider-Man.

I'd be happy to be disproven on this but it ties in too well to not be the obvious and therefore accepted truth.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Just going to put thi out there.

I see people are making assumptions and interpereting what the "Jetpack", "Egg: and "UFO" at the bottom of the Chiliad mural. Like the Jetpack represents the Army base OR Trevor because he's explosive, or some bonkers stuff like that.

My questions to them would be, can you find ANY other symbols in this game or a previous R* game that didn't exactly represent what it stood for?

Ammu-Nation - Gun
Triathalon - Running Man
Parachuting - Parachute
Clothes Store - Shirt

Etc, etc.

Los Santos Customs and the spray can is the only thing that doesn't tell you exactly what it is that you can do there(although a spray can works just fine because you can paint your car)

They don't misinform with their symbols and the meanings behind them, IMHO.

If they show a small UFO then there is going to be a small UFO(we already found it, driveable or not)

If they show a Jetpack then it represents a Jetpack(doesn't mean we get to fly one but, it represents one for sure, IMHO)

My question to you is how many GTA games have had a mural in a cable car on a mountain that has glyphs painted on it, ie symbols that 'represent' something, not explicitly stating what that thing is.

Obviously none but, even in past games the easter eggs were exactly how R* represented them in the clues IIRC, i can't think of one time they showed something as a clue that represented something else.

• Awolspitfire likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

You're correct sir.

They know their audience, and while they wish to be cryptic, they wont be creating anything that require leaps of faith or anything that'd be overly complex on reflection.

Yes, such as an experimental form of flight linking to an experimental stealth craft.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I see people are making assumptions and interpereting what the "Jetpack", "Egg: and "UFO" at the bottom of the Chiliad mural. Like the Jetpack represents the Army base OR Trevor because he's explosive, or some bonkers stuff like that.

My questions to them would be, can you find ANY other symbols in this game or a previous R* game that didn't exactly represent what it stood for?

Ammu-Nation - Gun
Triathalon - Running Man
Parachuting - Parachute
Clothes Store - Shirt

Etc, etc.

Los Santos Customs and the spray can is the only thing that doesn't tell you exactly what it is that you can do there(although a spray can works just fine because you can paint your car)

If they show a small UFO then there is going to be a small UFO(we already found it, driveable or not)

If they show a Jetpack then it represents a Jetpack(doesn't mean we get to fly one but, it represents one for sure, IMHO)

Obviously none but, even in past games the easter eggs were exactly how R* represented them in the clues IIRC, i can't think of one time they showed something as a clue that represented something else.

Like when they used the symbol of an eye above a mountain to represent a UFO?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Rockstar has stated that the GTA games from Grand Theft Auto IV onwards take place in an alternate timeline of events.

It doesn't mean that characters or references to the old games can't happen of course. They mainly did it so that can take liberties with locations and storylines without having to rely on past events in the same locations.

But they have explicitly stated that apart from subtle references, no previous GTA protagonists from the original series of games will return properly.

Leslie Benzies, Creative Director for GTAV said "No, Packie will NOT be in this game."

Then Packie shows up...

• ClaireFarron89 likes this

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

You're correct sir.

Yes, such as an experimental form of flight linking to an experimental stealth craft.

that's one reason i made this big post a few pages back. the whole theory stuff got more complicated then it is. people made connections because they saw stuff out side of the game (like the other ufos) but the chance to see them inside the game is really slim. all this stuff sidetracks people and is misleading everyone.

like the stuff with the hatch. damn it where is no fcking connection between the hatch and the mural. except the something hatches out of the egg. but the egg is only cracked nothing more nothing less. there is no sign that something would actually hatch out of it...

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ammu-Nation - Gun
Triathalon - Running Man
Parachuting - Parachute
Clothes Store - Shirt

Etc, etc.

And that tells you EXACTLY what the "Eye" represents, you didn't have to make strange connections.  Go to the top of the mountain, see the UFO, obviously they EYE symbols are UFO's.

They left a clue, you followed it and foun out what it was, you didnt have to "Interperet" or do any guess work, they showed you what it means, very deliberately.

ALSO, they EYE looks like a UFO, they didn't draw a Walrus on top of the mountain to represent a UFO, they drew a UFO on top of the mountain, some see an EYE, i immediately saw a UFO before thinking it was an EYE.

• Benjamoose likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Where are you getting "Experimental" from?

I don't see anything on the Mural that would lead me to the word "Experimental" or anything on the UFO's that lead me to the wrod "Experimental".

That's a connection YOU are making on your own(which isn't a bad thing) but R* isn't saying "Experimental" anywhere that i see, so that connection doesn't seem to fit.

I get what your saying but, that's a stretch IMHO.

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

A lot of sense spoken there McGyver55. I actually came across that orange ball last night and knocked it off. I too lost it as it roll down the mountain but if you had a bike I reckon you could keep up with it. Be interesting to see if it takes the same path down every time.

Nudge it with a chopper, and track it by air?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Ammu-Nation - Gun
Triathalon - Running Man
Parachuting - Parachute
Clothes Store - Shirt

Etc, etc.

And that tells you EXACTLY what the "Eye" represents, you didn't have to make strange connections.  Go to the top of the mountain, see the UFO, obviously they EYE symbols are UFO's.

They left a clue, you followed it and foun out what it was, you didnt have to "Interperet" or do any guess work, they showed you what it means, very deliberately.

ALSO, they EYE looks like a UFO, they didn't draw a Walrus on top of the mountain to represent a UFO, they drew a UFO on top of the mountain, some see an EYE, i immediately saw a UFO before thinking it was an EYE.
So you admit you interpreted a symbol in a particuar manner? Both my partner and I interpreted the jetpack in different ways. I have a huge amount of experience with GTA SA after cowriting the original easter egg guide for the game for this forum.
My partner has never played a GTA game. We both thought of the Fort.

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Exactly.

You wouldn't because you had that prior knowledge. It is natural when disavowing prior knowledge to assume that the opposite stance would be taken, but that isn't the case.

Without knowledge of what a jetpack is, you cannot understand this sign. However, recognising the shape entails recognising the object, an experimental form of flight, where footage of such tests take place in airfields such as at the Fort. Also, recent media have shown personal flight devices as having militaristic trials, eg Spider-Man.

I'd be happy to be disproven on this but it ties in too well to not be the obvious and therefore accepted truth.

I disagree that it's that obvious. Even if somehow you assume that the jetpack was supposed to represent flying above the military base;

Why not draw a stickman with a gun? It'd be vague enough in a game about shooting, but would be enough to make sense when linked to the base.

Why pick something that represents one of the coolest and most interesting unlockable items from the previous iteration of San Andreas state?

Assuming prior knowledge it disappoints. Without prior knowledge it requires a logical leap.

When people think of jetpacks, they don't think of recent events or experiments in the army. They think of James Bond and Spy movies.

They think of things like the Jetsons with futuristic travel, etc etc.

Tons of things would come to my mind as the symbols purpose (especially thanks to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) before linking it directly to the military and assuming "Well! That's the puzzle done.".

It just doesn't add up to me.

• Dog_Bread likes this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Where are you getting "Experimental" from?

I don't see anything on the Mural that would lead me to the word "Experimental" or anything on the UFO's that lead me to the wrod "Experimental".

That's a connection YOU are making on your own(which isn't a bad thing) but R* isn't saying "Experimental" anywhere that i see, so that connection doesn't seem to fit.

I get what your saying but, that's a stretch IMHO.

Jetpacks aren't real but were experimented with. UFO designs with fan blades were also experimented with IRL. Plus its above an airbase and has english writing on it which shows it isn't alien.

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

So you admit you interpreted a symbol in a particuar manner? Both my partner and I interpreted the jetpack in different ways. I have a huge amount of experience with GTA SA after cowriting the original easter egg guide for the game for this forum.

Yes but it's your partner. They know you intimately. I'm sure given your large interest in the Grand Theft Auto series and the fact that you've posted several guides and threads and so forth would mean that your partner has some basic knowledge of the original jetpack.

No doubt you own the games and have played them either in front of said person or with them too.

For a game to use a jetpack symbol. A symbol representing something they KNOW we would want to use given it was in San Andreas. Something they would know fans of the original would recognize and think "hey that's likely hidden underground", it seems silly to just assume that's all it was there for.

Even if you assume no prior knowledge, it's still a vague jump for a ton of people.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Exactly.

I disagree that it's that obvious. Even if somehow you assume that the jetpack was supposed to represent flying above the military base;

Why not draw a stickman with a gun? It'd be vague enough in a game about shooting, but would be enough to make sense when linked to the base.

Why pick something that represents one of the coolest and most interesting unlockable items from the previous iteration of San Andreas state?

Assuming prior knowledge it disappoints. Without prior knowledge it requires a logical leap.

When people think of jetpacks, they don't think of recent events or experiments in the army. They think of James Bond and Spy movies.

They think of things like the Jetsons with futuristic travel, etc etc.

Tons of things would come to my mind as the symbols purpose (especially thanks to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) before linking it directly to the military and assuming "Well! That's the puzzle done.".

It just doesn't add up to me.

They added fantastical things that weren't inGTA SA to GTA V because they were rumoured to be in it. Why not then NOT include a fantastical thing that was in SA? For a laugh! Its a pretty funny dick move. Plus it further shows self referencialism to SA

ClaireFarron89
  • ClaireFarron89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by ClaireFarron89, 13 October 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Leslie Benzies, Creative Director for GTAV said "No, Packie will NOT be in this game."

Then Packie shows up...

Now I'm totally confused, always thought, that the story from GTA V takes place after the story from SA, for example OG Locs CD can be found at Franklin's room at his aunt's house. Also CJ could be found in GTA IVs TV-show 'I'm rich'. So is it happening parallel/before/after the SA story?!

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Let me try and put this into perspective somewhat.

You didn't accept that connection until you read it in someone else's smartly-put-together post.

If it was that obvious that the jetpack was representing only the airbase and nothing more. Why did you continue to search? Why did you not call it a day then and there?

In addition, the assumption that the jetpack would be at the airbase came from prior San Andreas knowledge, not the fact that the symbol told us to go there or that it's obvious that it's tied to military content in the real world.

All the reddit post did was state things we already know with a few images and tied it together in a neat package for us to accept.

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 13 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Then Packie shows up...

I was referring to the original 3D series. As in:
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Packie was from IV, which is part of the same series as V.

I also said protagonist, meaning people like Tommy Vercetti. Packie was a supporting character in IV.

I did say that they don't mind having cameo appearances, or easter eggs and hints.

But they have said that no old protagonists from the old games will be featured properly again, as they're not intertwined with the current world.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1063726725

TrueZink
  • TrueZink

Team Player

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have been following these threads all since the beginning - I decided I would open an account to offer a suggestion/idea/method only to find I already had one...

-snip-

Has anyone tried taking a pencil or a crayon using a ruler and drawing on their (paper) maps or a copy thereof, lines (to line up) what some of the these clue are aimed at... not just the sculptures (because NOBODY likes that idea since it doesn't involve bigfoot sex at 3am), but the arrows, the glyphs, all that stuff... do it in an image editing program if you must... but really, if you want to try and see if there is something to this just use a friggin' pencil on your paper map...

-snip-

This is what I had been thinking but had been putting off...

Please take your time and read this post closely.

First of all forget everything you know about the mural. In addition you can only do what your charakter can do. That means NO goggle, NO forums (I will have to break this rule I am afraid...) etc. Only the stuff you have at hand in game.

-snip- (I truely apologise for this snip - I agree with the rest of your post completely! Hence this...)

If TLDR springs to mind, synopsis is at the bottom!

Long story short, I have become a tad interested in the mystery of the Mount Chilliad Mural and have read numourous threads, though most religiously this and the thread on the main board. I certainly think (read: hope) there is more to this than a wild goose chase and with so many ideas/finds/sights cropping up, they seem easy to lose in the 50 pages going back.

With that in mind, I have started to overlay a LS map in photoshop with layers covering (what I think) are points pertinant to the mystery / easter egg. I have however, started at a very basic stage.

Background: I enjoyed the game, got *achievement/trophy 100%* but have not explored all the avenues. I have however, seen both hippy & Zancudo UFOs, but not chilliad (note to all, no requirement for the others to appear). I have noticed a few comments about red arrows that have interested me but seem not to of been massively followed up.

I have started the map with arrow directions and glyph locations and am hoping that you (yes you) will help with locations for all the others - including the ones on Chilliad (inb4 "noob"). Why help me - the clear alternative is "use search button", but I am just asking that if you know where something is, please show me/us like this:

http://socialclub.ro...sNkSmBeeRBGU9tg

This serves 2 purposes - a) gives an exact location of findings and B) leads me nicely onto my next point...

I really don't think the arrows have been give enough time / thought. There have been a number of different sightings but (I don't believe) they have been explored thoroughly. This is one layer of the map I have a vested interest in producing - from a developer & artist point of view, would you put arrows in just for sh*ts and gigs? I don't believe so but please prove me wrong if I have overlooked something. I personally think the arrows will eventually 'point' to something (pun intended) or display something - maybe the lines on the mural?

Either way, I am looking for location references to upload onto this map which I will regularly update - as a side note, I am not a graphic designer / photoshop expert so this is where I will be spending alot of my time.

Hopefully one or two (or more) will be interested in helping build this map up into a real representation of clues. I am more than open to ideas - off hand, location of eye structures / monuments may be a  good idea - but I really think something that the whole community can have an input into could be a real benefit to all of us.

I think this takes the spirit of McGyver55 and Grumbledore (to name just recent contributers) have to say which is very much in line with my thinking but it is also worth mentioning MysteryOfV and AnEvilVet for all of their contributions and keeping the thread on topis throughout bickering.

I aplogise if the image size is horrendous - I wanted the best quality image to start with... all images can be found:

fPy5SuFl.jpg

FqxAhapl.jpg

irGImE7l.jpg

TLDR?! Look at maps^^^, please give me locations of glyphs and arrows and please suggest other "points of interest" so they may be added!

All the best,

TrueZink

• Grumbledore likes this

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think this whole discussion on the jetpack to Zancudo link is pretty academic. Even if we were to concede that this is definitely what it is showing, this theory still doesn't explain the mural. Doesn't even come close. As I mentioned earlier, there is still no definitive answer for what all of the x's mean and why they are connected in the way they are on the mural.

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

A lot of sense spoken there McGyver55. I actually came across that orange ball last night and knocked it off. I too lost it as it roll down the mountain but if you had a bike I reckon you could keep up with it. Be interesting to see if it takes the same path down every time.

Nudge it with a chopper, and track it by air?

I just tried it myself. Had to hit it with a missile before it would start to roll, but then it went down a washout.  It rolled across a paved road, down another hill, followed a dirt road for a bit, then literally disappeared while I was looking right at it. The fact that it disappeared suggests to me that it probably isn't important, and I doubt it has anything to do with solving the mural. But who knows, maybe it'll do something else if more thoroughly tested.

pedroc1999
  • pedroc1999

GTA Lover!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yes but it's your partner. They know you intimately. I'm sure given your large interest in the Grand Theft Auto series and the fact that you've posted several guides and threads and so forth would mean that your partner has some basic knowledge of the original jetpack.

No doubt you own the games and have played them either in front of said person or with them too.

For a game to use a jetpack symbol. A symbol representing something they KNOW we would want to use given it was in San Andreas. Something they would know fans of the original would recognize and think "hey that's likely hidden underground", it seems silly to just assume that's all it was there for.

Even if you assume no prior knowledge, it's still a vague jump for a ton of people.

The jetpack in GTA SA was originally found deep underground, if you remember the mission Black Project

Spoiler

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Let me try and put this into perspective somewhat.

You didn't accept that connection until you read it in someone else's smartly-put-together post.

If it was that obvious that the jetpack was representing only the airbase and nothing more. Why did you continue to search? Why did you not call it a day then and there?

In addition, the assumption that the jetpack would be at the airbase came from prior San Andreas knowledge, not the fact that the symbol told us to go there or that it's obvious that it's tied to military content in the real world.

All the reddit post did was state things we already know with a few images and tied it together in a neat package for us to accept.

I didn't accept it was the military base because I didn't believe that it would be that simplistic. My knowledge came from SA, as did all of the other Easter Eggs. My partner says its because he likes Stargate SG1.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Jet packs are real, with enough money you can have your very own but will be extreemly limited where you are allowed to fly it.
UFO type flying machines using many various methods to fly are also in existence but they are still experimental as far as we, the general public, are allowed to know. 20 years or so ago i saw a government video of a flying saucer but it wasn't very stable. Who knows what they've progressed to.

To me, if i had never seen a jet pack in gta i would think the drawing that looks like a jet pack was still referring to a jet pack. I wouldn't assume it refered to a military base but if it had to mean somthing else i would assume an airport however the military base having a runway could accommodate that thought i just dont see them using a jet pack drawing to refer to the base. That said i dont assume a cracked egg refers to a large cracked egg somewhere on the map so anything is possable.
The fact we've had jet packs before seems the best proof its not a pie in the sky idea.

The hatch on lost was blown up by dynamite, i believe at least one person has driven to the hatch with no water and hit it with everything at our disposal. I think using an old tv show as an inspiration without making fun of it would go against R* 's history.

Ive been to the military base and killed everyone there but killed myself before i looked around, my intention was to steal the jet fighter and in order to do it killed every dot that appeared on the map. Does that mean i took it over?
The game/map tells us to take it over but then what. I want to do it again then investigate but I'm concentrating on getting 100% before i start looking into the UFO/jet pack side of things.

I didnt realise the groups of police and fib etc show up without being 100% knowing that means i can check out the police radio chatter myself. If i find anything ill post up. I'm not sure why people desparate for answers dont try some of these suggestions whether cooky or not but i certainly will. Even if one cop says somthing like 'the fib are testing the UFO again' i think it could give us another lead.

Ive got the stunt jumps and the Bigfoot bits to do then ive done everything so can join in properly.

It does worry me that all thats been found is for future dlc. I say worry me because if thats the case all the fun has already been drained from it. The puzzles and clues apparently already worked out it would be like following a cheat guide to complete the dlc. If a dlc comes that gives you more missions using these clues etc and you need to pay for it, i wont purchase it. Whats the point its already been solved.

I agree with the quote situation on the thread but when i asked it was like a red rag to a bull with the following few posts having the same large images quoted by a couple of people. If you tell someone not to shoot themselves in the head there will be some kid somewhere that will do it anyway because they don't want to be asked or told to do somthing different. Ive given up trying to read this thread using a cellular connection.
  • Benjamoose likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Jetpacks aren't real but were experimented with. UFO designs with fan blades were also experimented with IRL. Plus its above an airbase and has english writing on it which shows it isn't alien.

Um, Jetpacks ARE something that IS real, UFO's(in the flying saucer sense) are saomething that has never been proven as real.

So something physically real and something that needs to be proven link up somehow?

I'm not making leaps of faith here, if the Jetpack is in thegame it will most likely be found at Fort Z but, i didn't get that from a stick figure drawing of a guy wearing a jetpack, that could have meant the Jetpack is in the Maze building or the Penris building, there is no link from the stick drawing to any location on the map.

If you are getting that the Jetpack means Fort Z then i'm not understanding HOW the game told you this.

How i made the connection is that the Jetpack was at an Army base in a previous GTA game, so it will probably be there again.  That's sense, i didn't assume or interperet anything. I saw a Jetpacks drawing, i knew the JP was in an Army base in GTASA, so that points me towards the Army base.

I'm not trying to link things that aren't linked here, i think you ARE right about Fort Z having the Jetpack IF it is in the game but, how we both came to that conclusion shows the different processes people are using on this particular puzzle. nothing wrong with that though.

• Benjamoose likes this

Bobsoldiers
  • Bobsoldiers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I am doing some diving in the alamo sea, and I found what looks like an aircraft wing.  Not so unusual, but the thing is that it is invisible couple feet away, and as I get closer, it 'materialize' in front of my eyes.  First it is semi transparent and I can see through it, and when i'm on it it becomes fully visible.

Just pitching it out there.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Truezinc,

Checkout the rest of this thread. There are maps posted with all the glyphs etc on, they dont have lines drawn on as to the direction of arrows but the hard work has been done for you already (of course).

I also consider the drawn line thing a good idea to think about, i thought about it before even looking on the net for gta.

Another idea could be that the arrows point to specific lines on the mountain so as to show how to correctly line the chillad map up.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users