• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

and one thought on the karma thing also. i have bought the guide ( not the special edition) and thinking about the karma, when there are choices you can make they are kinda obvious in the book like   kill dreyffus...    OR let him go now the police knows who he is.

being impulsive i off blew his brains over the sidewalk but i let the woman go who sends michael on the sub-parts hunt. didn't notice a difference whatsoever thoug.

I let Dreyfuss live and a minute later they said he was killed on the radio . This kinda kills the whole karma theory .

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

LOL'ED literally :/

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

and one thought on the karma thing also. i have bought the guide ( not the special edition) and thinking about the karma, when there are choices you can make they are kinda obvious in the book like   kill dreyffus...    OR let him go now the police knows who he is.

being impulsive i off blew his brains over the sidewalk but i let the woman go who sends michael on the sub-parts hunt. didn't notice a difference whatsoever thoug.

I let Dreyfuss live and a minute later they said he was killed on the radio . This kinda kills the whole karma theory .

lol that is weird indeed. so it doesn't really matter. good, i dreadded the possibility that you had to play the game like a saint. where's the fun in that right?

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

still the drone idea seems kinda logical since they showed us the little ufo at the hippie camp. always found it strange that we saw it , and it just sat there on the table and didn't here about it again.

also about the cracked egg, made me think about the post of the guy talking about his hatched green alien offspring..

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Im trying to put together a true 100% checklist for those who believe this may hold answers .
Please post to add to it incase i missed anything .  

http://gtaforums.com...-100-checklist/

awesome checklist man I think that covers just about everything
great job thanks for the punch list

just to throw it out there I try completing 50 taxi missions in one car without getting out or saving but it didn't end up doing anything I was hoping maybe something

also grab the bike and get a super long wheelie and a very long stoppie and once again it didn't look like to change anything

I have a question for all of you how many of you remember the prologue when you're playing through it did you notice if it was raining during Michaels funeral

TheGhostofDirtMcGirt
  • TheGhostofDirtMcGirt

Had a little too much incest last night

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

I can't read 506 pages, so please excuse me if the following theory has already been disproven.
Every utube video I've seen about the Chiliad UFO mentions using a cheat to make it rain at the right time. Has anyone been able to view it without using the cheat? Maybe that's the key.
I have 100% and I've been waiting weeks for it to rain at the right time to test this theory. No luck so far.

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Im trying to put together a true 100% checklist for those who believe this may hold answers .
Please post to add to it incase i missed anything .  

http://gtaforums.com...-100-checklist/

awesome checklist man I think that covers just about everything
great job thanks for the punch list

just to throw it out there I try completing 50 taxi missions in one car without getting out or saving but it didn't end up doing anything I was hoping maybe something

also grab the bike and get a super long wheelie and a very long stoppie and once again it didn't look like to change anything

I have a question for all of you how many of you remember the prologue when you're playing through it did you notice if it was raining during Michaels funeral

damn, i think i brought the golfplayer dude to the altruist to be eaten :s

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 02:00 PM.

lol that is weird indeed. so it doesn't really matter. good, i dreadded the possibility that you had to play the game like a saint. where's the fun in that right?
well if it makes you feel any better Andy Moon tell you something along the lines of...
they've taken notice to us because of all of the trails (I'm assuming he was referring to the signal that we send out but the other two a pretty straightforward and easy to understand) the mess and the greed

so I don't know maybe it's just the guess
but if the "karma thing" really does come into Factor
Maybe you have to be a destructive violent glutton

lamar does tell franklin in the second mission
that's Simeon is a funny dude its going to be a shame that we have to book his ass

Then Franklin says something like what are you talking about and then Lamar replies isn't that the way it always goes you meet some dude you work for him until he asks you to do something above and beyond
Then he says something about somebody gets killed and then you start over with someone new

he might actually be telling you that you gotta kill Michael in the end
when I got to the end the first time I kept all 3 characters alive
I did get the play all 3 endings because it unlocks them
but that's not to say that that was the right choice

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 01:34 PM.

@dirt... I saw it, no cheats, nothing new lol

I see everyone just skipped my post again, oh well hopefully the actual hunters in this topic will pick it out of the rest :/
  • dAfTpUnK2010 likes this

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

I can't read 506 pages, so please excuse me if the following theory has already been disproven.
Every utube video I've seen about the Chiliad UFO mentions using a cheat to make it rain at the right time. Has anyone been able to view it without using the cheat? Maybe that's the key.
I have 100% and I've been waiting weeks for it to rain at the right time to test this theory. No luck so far.

i did and it was the same as using cheat

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

nope it doesnt kill the karma theory since Dreyfuss died based on his karma (he killed leonora j, and no matter what/ either franklin killed him or not, he will die at last). In your case, maybe Dreyfuss killed by other man. just a thought. no offense

dyslexicon
  • dyslexicon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by dyslexicon, 24 November 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Well i just made a reddit about it all which explains it better...

a link for those who click:)
http://www.reddit.co..._doesnt_add_up/

a copy paste for those who dont...

Clue, game files, something doesn't add up... (self.chiliadmystery)submitted 8 minutes ago* by tadden

I asked before for some help with game files but seems no one answered so i took it upon myself to get as into them as i could and investigate...

ok so from the game files (regarding chiliad and the glyphs) we have managed to find...

the mural texture: cs1_10_rsl_dd_shedcs1_10_rsl_dd_shed_a.dds
In the file:
cs1_10_mountainviewpoint_d+hidr.xtd

we then have the red eye under the viewing platform:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_redeye.xdr
(Not extracted because apparently we cant break the .xdr file open yet, correct me if i'm wrong?)

Ok now it gets tricky...The rest of these files are up for our guesses as to which is which...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtd
This file contains:
cs1_10_symbol_clue_raincs1_10_symbol_clu.dds
and
cs1_10_symbol_clue_mooncs1_10_symbol_clu.dds

Which are: http://i.imgur.com/fJQcyVq.png

then we have...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdr
Which i have not seen opened yet but...

we can guess:
is the zigzag mountain glyph...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdr
is the moon and 3 lines glyph...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdr
is the rain cloud glyph...

but what does that make:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdr
and
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdr

and how does the above:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtd
with the rain and moon glyphs inside come into it...

are the .xtd files the hippy camp glyphs? why are they not grouped with the country_04 files for the hippy camp then? Like:
levels\gta5_hills\country_04\cs4_11_rpf\cs4_11_salvationm+hidr.xtd
or:
levels\gta5_hills\country_04\cs4_11_rpf\cs4_11_salvationm.xdr

and if they are the hippy ones, why are the faded glyph and the half glyph on chiliad called either moon and rain 01 or 02??

any ideas?

thank you to takeover zancudo from the gtaforums for the pictures and help and all the previous game file topics on here and the gtaforums for there work getting us this far.

had to give takeover a shout and our lovely forums lol

can also add the sand glyph to the hunt for textures now... need to know the name of that texture for a hint maybe!!

bumping because tadd's important posts are constantly getting overlooked for more shot in the dark theories. I know its a large wall of text to quote but that's the point. It needs to be seen.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

@dirt... I saw it, no cheats, nothing new lol
I see everyone just skipped my post again, oh well hopefully the actual hunters in this topic will pick it out of the rest :/

sorry I did miss it
sorry you think my idea is wild
I don't think there are any more crazy than anything else anybody else's tried

But point taken with the Brian thing
I'll back off with the posts

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Agreed deadman but its obvious these ways are getting us nowhere and ZERO FACTS, just more theories...

this work im trying to do on the game files will at least give us some FACTS like names of glyphs which for all we know could say gordo_misty or sunken_clue which would then let us know a direction to throw these theories... if the glyphs mention anything other than chiliad we can be fairly sure this mystery extends further than just spawning chiliad ufo.

edit: i in no way mean to put you or your theories down just so many of them and no closer to anything not even a north, south, east or west lol

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

so sp dlc

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by roadkill6creator, 24 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

well if it makes you feel any better Andy Moon tell you something along the lines of...
they've taken notice to us because of all of the trails (I'm assuming he was referring to the signal that we send out but the other two a pretty straightforward and easy to understand) the mess and the greed

so I don't know maybe it's just the guess
but if the "karma thing" really does come into Factor
Maybe you have to be a destructive violent glutton

lamar does tell franklin in the second mission
that's Simeon is a funny dude its going to be a shame that we have to book his ass

Then Franklin says something like what are you talking about and then Lamar replies isn't that the way it always goes you meet some dude you work for him until he asks you to do something above and beyond
Then he says something about somebody gets killed and then you start over with someone new

he might actually be telling you that you gotta kill Michael in the end
when I got to the end the first time I kept all 3 characters alive
I did get the play all 3 endings because it unlocks them
but that's not to say that that was the right choice

but then if you have to kill one of the 3 chars this will dismiss the true 100% completion theory cuz you can't buy the cinema properties then.

and @tad it's cool that you can do all that stuff. me personally don't understand one f*ck of all those program files. i try to follow what they mean but not easy to do if you can't understand them fully.

plus i think it has to be possible to solve the puzzle without digging thrue the programfiles as well. not that i mean that you shouldn't be doing that. i'm just saying, ppl that aren't programmers need to be able to solve them also.

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

and not to forget that the programmers at R* also know this happens so who knows , maybe they put a lot of stuff in there to mislead programmers and hackers as well.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 02:38 PM.

I fully agree, and im guessing if there is more to this there will be a missing link we never made but was there all along...

just helping the process along :p

@roadkill... i doubt it we are just looking at file names and the textures they contain... like it is a fact there are 2 separate zancudo stealth style ufo textures in the files but only one has been found in game... so why is there a second one in a file named downtown? What are rockstar trying to mislead us with there? Lol

edit: oh and it isnt the one from micheals abduction as thats called specialfloaty spinning anus or something lol which i believe is an fib type ufo.

2buxaslice
  • 2buxaslice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

You could save up a ton of money and buy all the properties before the last mission. Would take a while but it can be done.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 02:46 PM.

Oh and anyone who cant follow the game file discussions its not a problem this thread is for everyone after all and i was new here myself not that long ago so i wouldnt turn anyone away or there ideas... just ask for a bit of respect when we have something going, maybe add something constructive and carry it on rather than writing pages of theory that get us nowhere but losing good information.

thanks guys, we can do this hopefully before the PCers get there hands on it lol

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh and anyone who cant follow the game file discussions its not a problem this thread is for everyone after all and i was new here myself not that long ago so i wouldnt turn anyone away or there ideas... just ask for a bit of respect when we have something going, maybe add something constructive and carry it on rather than writing pages of theory that get us nowhere but losing good information.

thanks guys, we can do this hopefully before the PCers get there hands on it lol

Tadd not sure if you missed it or you checked it already but a couple pages back someone said they may have found a new area  where morse code may be happening . i was just wondering cuz i did not see a responce from you .

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I fully agree, and im guessing if there is more to this there will be a missing link we never made but was there all along...

just helping the process along :p

@roadkill... i doubt it we are just looking at file names and the textures they contain... like it is a fact there are 2 separate zancudo stealth style ufo textures in the files but only one has been found in game... so why is there a second one in a file named downtown? What are rockstar trying to mislead us with there? Lol

edit: oh and it isnt the one from micheals abduction as thats called specialfloaty spinning anus or something lol which i believe is an fib type ufo.

well, if i'm not mistaken ( hence my previous post on drones) the little ufo in the hippie camp ( needed the spaceshipparts) is a small version of the Zancudo one. i'm getting more convinced that that one might be the operatable one as a sort of drone.

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

that's why i said that i don't mind you guys looking in the files, just that that is like chinese for me :D when something comes out of it i'll see the result, after all the most important ^^

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Guys again probably nothing but these boxes were found in the garage of the epsilon mission where you have to steal the cars for them . They probably just say fresh fish or some sh*t lol

http://socialclub.ro...6-0Gr_ylbRurD8Q

http://socialclub.ro...Xf0OoJeL5nGNtqw

http://socialclub.ro...e0UGegC71-uhdOQ

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Guys again probably nothing but these boxes were found in the garage of the epsilon mission where you have to steal the cars for them . They probably just say fresh fish or some sh*t lol

http://socialclub.ro...6-0Gr_ylbRurD8Q

http://socialclub.ro...Xf0OoJeL5nGNtqw

http://socialclub.ro...e0UGegC71-uhdOQ

some of those kind of boxes you can also find in upstairs room in the clucking bell factory. didn't take photographs of them tough.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hey stangone, yeh i responded twice lol all the flashing morse just seemed to be glitches so no luck there

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

With regard to the whole game files discussion, I believe Takeover stated he might be able to work out the time requirements for scenarios etc. I think this could be very useful due to how long the 'cobweb' went unnoticed for. I've been trying to find similar time-activated things like this, but it's a mammoth task with no knowledge of where to start. I believe there could be more of these and even if they're not relevant to the mural/UFOs it would be cool to find them.

• roadkill6creator likes this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think it's interesting that you can run into the UFOs above the hippie camp and military base before achieving 100%. You won't see them but you'll get interference and visual scan lines across your screen as if they are looking at you.

It's also interesting that you can land on top of them and stay as long as you like, as long as you land just right. The military UFO sounds like whales talking. The partial UFO embedded in the WTF building in LS makes some strange noises too.

How many total?

1. under the sea
2. above the military base
3. above the hippie camp
4. embedded in WTF building
5. tiny one reassembled during mission
6. on top of the station wagon @hippie camp
7. all aboard during abduction mission
8. atop Mt. Chiliad

That's 8 appearances of some kind of UFO.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

question to the game file guys
while doing the whole walk through the desert thing for the epsilon group
Michael keeps mentioning trees are talking but they don't say anything

are there any trees textures that are different from the rest?
if so maybe there's a tree in the game that might have something carved into it
most of the trees I've seen so far look pretty basic I'm hoping this is it too much to ask

I had at one point, entertained the idea of tracking through the whole game and looking at every tree but the thought of that made me cringe
especially after spending the last few days in a sub only to come up empty handed

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

we can guess:
is the zigzag mountain glyph...

No.

Look at the file size, it's 10x larger than the Moon/Rain files. If it was somewhat close in file size we could assume it is the ZigZag glyph but, not if it's so much bigger.

Most likely the Actual Chiliad Map in the Railcar station on top of the mountain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users