Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:31 AM Edited by Ins4n1ty, 24 November 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Why did you mentioned cheats??? Will it stop trigger stuff that is importend for the the hunt??? I alway used cheats to get into the military base or i get a chopper to get a birds eye view or i get a motocross for the hills. Dont tell me that all the hours searching was useless.
Thx for checking out my pointless Garage ^^

Sword with no name
  • Sword with no name

It's A Secret To Everybody

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hello everyone, i've just want to stop by and bring this photo of the humane research lab that i took, sorry if it's useless or alredy posted, but i think it may mean something, it's in every corner in the walls, you can ignore this if you want to,   i think my faith in chiliad has been restored, good work everyone!

http://prod.cloud.ro...7GNy2eg/0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Maybe i should also say that i was wondering about the hippies at sandy shore by the 2 silos wich have ailen painting on em.
They are there every night i check. Once i herd one of em say that i should wai or they are waiting for the full moon cycle. I always checked the moon and it was never full but now its always a full moon and somehow i never see any hippies there anymore. I thought that they will worship the moon or so but somehow they are all gone. Searched everywere for a hippie meeting while the full moon cycle but never found something.

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Maybe i should also say that i was wondering about the hippies at sandy shore by the 2 silos wich have ailen painting on em.
They are there every night i check. Once i herd one of em say that i should wai or they are waiting for the full moon cycle. I always checked the moon and it was never full but now its always a full moon and somehow i never see any hippies there anymore. I thought that they will worship the moon or so but somehow they are all gone. Searched everywere for a hippie meeting while the full moon cycle but never found something.

I ahve never found those hippies at night, they are alwqys there at the day but never at night

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

I ahve never found those hippies at night, they are alwqys there at the day but never at night

Ok then its just a random coinsedent. I never saw em at the day.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Why did you mentioned cheats??? Will it stop trigger stuff that is importend for the the hunt??? I alway used cheats to get into the military base or i get a chopper to get a birds eye view or i get a motocross for the hills. Dont tell me that all the hours searching was useless.

I honestly don't know what's relevant or irrelevant at this point
I don't think anyone knows
If they do, there not telling...
besides Rockstar that is
I know this sounds awful to even consider but like many people have posted we may be searching for something that doesn't even exist
as unfortunate as that sounds its very possible

but as far as my reference to the cheats as many people have also stated...
it is always been common with GTA games that you to do a true 100 percent to obtain and I quote "the ubber prize"
if memory serves me correct it would completely disable your ability to save if you enable a cheat
It wasn't until later titles that this changed

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:26 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 24 November 2013 - 08:27 AM.

Ok so
1. Eye and a moon = 3am
2. Eye and ray = mountain
3. Eye and rain = rain
4. Eye half-painted = ???
5. Eye = ????

we used 3 of this to unlock the ufo at mount chiliad (I think is the reward of the ufo box on the mural), we can use the other ones or the same onee to unlock the others, just we have to know the meaning of the las 2 glyphs

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Ahh come on guys we were on a good path... takeover did u miss my post last couple of pages?

I gave u the locations of the hippy textures and was wondering if you can look for the glyphs... just need the file names of the glyphs man... if not can we try to find the name of the chiliad missing glyphs... if one of those half or faded glyphs is called sunken or misty then it could reveal whats next... even just 1 hint like that is a game changer... we would know the glyphs are not all for the chiliad ufo and so on... imagine the hippy glyphs being called gordo_rain_clue or similar to... any number of things could be turned up from the file names... anything mural related MUST be found... we have the mural we have some of the files names of the glyphs... we need the other glyphs and we also need to find the scripts for spawning the chil ufo maybe they say whats next...

come on guys could solve this is a couple of days if people could be bothered!!

Edit: and please please please stop filling this thread with 20 posts about standing in one place and taking someone to another place and so on... test it, dont work? Drop it, cant drop it? PM someone, no one to PM? Keep that sh*t to yourself lol
sorry but deadman u have too many wild ideas u keep posting and im the most chilled in this thread but its beginning to bother even me... dude just cos u spoted a random place in the sea does not mean anyone here in there right mind (unless VERY bored) will go and do that... if you said look a new glyph or hey i found the file names or this weird thing happened to back it up someone may care but...
i spotted a hill in the ocean we need to stand there was THE most ridiculous thing ive ever heard... and i was here for brian!!!
  • BurritoBandita and dAfTpUnK2010 like this

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by Ins4n1ty, 24 November 2013 - 08:45 AM.

I honestly don't know what's relevant or irrelevant at this point
I don't think anyone knows
If they do, there not telling...
besides Rockstar that is
I know this sounds awful to even consider but like many people have posted we may be searching for something that doesn't even exist
as unfortunate as that sounds its very possible

but as far as my reference to the cheats as many people have also stated...
it is always been common with GTA games that you to do a true 100 percent to obtain and I quote "the ubber prize"
if memory serves me correct it would completely disable your ability to save if you enable a cheat
It wasn't until later titles that this changed
Im not doing this to get the jetpack . Im doing this cuz i think there is a nice reward (cutscene or so) and if there is a jetpack then i got a nother reward ^^
And i started using cheats after 100% complet
  • HakatoX likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Not putting anyone down for there ideas they are all welcome but a little post or a quick this is another of my wild ideas and i can skip the post... otherwise im here filling my brain with your ludicrous ideas... i read EVERY post... im fed up of people posting brain farts... think before you post people no one wants to read a page about standing in places and how you can or cannot keep characters in the same area... if any of u had read the thread like u say u have u would know about page 50ish people talk about this exact thing saying if u r close u can keep them and if u go out of line of sight they tend to run off...

point is your ideas are always welcome... your brain fart "oh i have solvedz this myzteriezz" are not welcome... and 2 pages of this person here did this and that did that is also NOT F*CKING welcome...

thank you that is all

diehardDanny
  • diehardDanny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

So I was bored doing other work and decided to sleep with 9 girls in a week as michael - see if it mattered following the tracts.  I had a few booty calls before but not 9 for sure so I sat through the redicilous sex dialog for a few minutes trolling vinewood blvd for hookers.

After we did the vertical monster mash with the 9th a dialog acutally popped up to talk back to her, i never saw that before with any NPC.  is it because I just became a pimp daddy or just something random that happens?  I havent slept with enough girls to know if this is normal. Or if its just conicidence it happened to me on the 9th.

q1PQ6EY.png

Sorry to say but this is completely irrelevant IMHO. I'm doing often hookers with Franklin, this happened when I had 20% or so for the first time. I have not figured out what it takes for it to happen but whatever I answer she leaves without saying anything more and never comes back. I was hoping I could add one or the other as booty call contact but it seems this is not meant to be (program wise). I wish they would have added more interaction with NPCs.

diehardDanny
  • diehardDanny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by diehardDanny, 24 November 2013 - 09:08 AM.

please delete (double post)

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

I just had a brain fart... allow me to teach you all how to dispose of a brain fart without the smell pissing off the locals...

anyone tried humping a ho in the docker??

end

see that guys... 1 line!! Quick post!! No 3 page discussion lol

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

So I was bored doing other work and decided to sleep with 9 girls in a week as michael - see if it mattered following the tracts.  I had a few booty calls before but not 9 for sure so I sat through the redicilous sex dialog for a few minutes trolling vinewood blvd for hookers.

After we did the vertical monster mash with the 9th a dialog acutally popped up to talk back to her, i never saw that before with any NPC.  is it because I just became a pimp daddy or just something random that happens?  I havent slept with enough girls to know if this is normal. Or if its just conicidence it happened to me on the 9th.

q1PQ6EY.png

Sorry to say but this is completely irrelevant IMHO. I'm doing often hookers with Franklin, this happened when I had 20% or so for the first time. I have not figured out what it takes for it to happen but whatever I answer she leaves without saying anything more and never comes back. I was hoping I could add one or the other as booty call contact but it seems this is not meant to be (program wise). I wish they would have added more interaction with NPCs.

Sleep with the same hooker 3 or 4 times and she'll trust you enough to open up to you.

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Has anyone tried to locate the code files for the hatch?
Idk anything about this file stuff but maybe there's a phrase in the code to the hatch that might be of some interest. Like "open" "cut scene" etc. 
Again idk if that's even possible but it might do us all some help since we're trying to rule everything out.

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by tadd, 24 November 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Ok so a few things i just want to clear up...

I appologise for my rant, early morning, lots of new pages of nothingness, people missing important clues...

we need a list of all files associated with the mural and glyphs!! We need to establish what file is what glyph and then hunt for the missing ones...

has anyone ever followed F, M or T after a hangout or just randomly at times when found in game... maybe nothing but one might go somewhere or meet someone...

and can i just again say lets attempt to find a direction on this guys, focusing our efforts in one place will be much more rewarding than running around standing on rocks and looking at things lol

for me the most promising thing we have right now is locating the file names of the glyphs we know are in game... seems we have, the mural and 5 files around the chiliad area to do with glyphs (plain clue, mountain clue, 2 rain clues and 2 moon clues) oh and the red eye clue (under viewing platform)

Now this could either mean that is all 5 chiliad glyphs...
Plain clue - would be the faded? Or half glyph?
Mountain clue - the zigzag mountain glyph.
Moon clue01 - would be the moon and 3 lines.
Moon clue02 - ? Maybe hippy camp but doubtful as it is in the chiliad are files not the salvationm files for hippy camp!
Rain clue01 - would be the rain cloud.
Rain clue02 - ? Again could be hippy camp but with chiliad files.

so basically we have no hippy glyph files or we have no faded or half glyphs...

again i ask any ideas on this guys?

edit: ahh thats 6 glyphs lol so what are the extras? :s

edit2: anyone shined the docker lights on the faded or half glyphs? I only ask because the docker days were before we found the faded and half glyphs lol so this might be one for trying.

jamie2dog
  • jamie2dog

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ive now got rid of my xbox and gta v!
Im free! IM FREE AT LAST!
case closed.....
  • MacHuffy and mateolanda1 like this

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 24 November 2013 - 10:41 AM.

edit: ahh thats 6 glyphs lol so what are the extras? :s

edit2: anyone shined the docker lights on the faded or half glyphs? I only ask because the docker days were before we found the faded and half glyphs lol so this might be one for trying.

3 of those glyphs have a meaning: rain, 3am, and mountain, the other 2 we dont know.
There is a glyph on the sand, the "ray" one with the wow signal, I think your idea is good, has somebody tried to light it up with the spacesocker? Other thing, if somebody found domething on the game files, what are we gonna do with it? It is not going ro help us, is only going to tell us that is something in the game, and we already know there is something, thats why we are here

Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have read today that alot of ppl are missing the space docker and its a glitch or so that it disapered from the garage. Rockstars statement to that was that they are gonna fix it but lost is lost. They wont give ppl the car back. So i think that if you needed it for the hunt the they would give it to everybody back wo completet the mission. But its still worth a try.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 24 November 2013 - 11:10 AM.

I got a question for you guys who mess around with the game code

can you listen to all the weasel news broadcasts
maybe there's something mentioned like a special event

reason I'm asking this is because I've been looking at that mural again for a few minutes

I was trying to look at it from another perspective
maybe it's showing the lines at the bottom of the mural as if to depict a landslide or something to that effect
I don't know it's just the guess but
Are there News audio files referring to anything like an earthquake or something
I remember from the first san Andreas the reason all the bridges were close was because of an earthquake

**edit**
nevermind stupid question I forgot I think you guys already mentioned that there were no special cutscenes found
if I'm wrong about that please correct me

mat_lax
  • mat_lax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ok so
1. Eye and a moon = 3am
2. Eye and ray = mountain
3. Eye and rain = rain
4. Eye half-painted = ???
5. Eye = ????

we used 3 of this to unlock the ufo at mount chiliad (I think is the reward of the ufo box on the mural), we can use the other ones or the same onee to unlock the others, just we have to know the meaning of the las 2 glyphs

It has been said many times and I'm pretty sure, half-painted/washed off glyph shows the location of the sunken ufo http://socialclub.ro...wlE6ISwG-TVaYGQ

If you stand right in front of the glyph, on your right you'll see the coast and the ocean area where the UFO rests.

Not sure about the full glyph.

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Well i just made a reddit about it all which explains it better...

a link for those who click:
http://www.reddit.co..._doesnt_add_up/

a copy paste for those who dont...

Clue, game files, something doesn't add up... (self.chiliadmystery)submitted 8 minutes ago* by tadden

I asked before for some help with game files but seems no one answered so i took it upon myself to get as into them as i could and investigate...

ok so from the game files (regarding chiliad and the glyphs) we have managed to find...

the mural texture: cs1_10_rsl_dd_shedcs1_10_rsl_dd_shed_a.dds
In the file:
cs1_10_mountainviewpoint_d+hidr.xtd

we then have the red eye under the viewing platform:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_redeye.xdr
(Not extracted because apparently we cant break the .xdr file open yet, correct me if i'm wrong?)

Ok now it gets tricky...The rest of these files are up for our guesses as to which is which...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtd
This file contains:
cs1_10_symbol_clue_raincs1_10_symbol_clu.dds
and
cs1_10_symbol_clue_mooncs1_10_symbol_clu.dds

Which are: http://i.imgur.com/fJQcyVq.png

then we have...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdr
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdr
Which i have not seen opened yet but...

we can guess:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdr
is the zigzag mountain glyph...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdr
is the moon and 3 lines glyph...

levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdr
is the rain cloud glyph...

but what does that make:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdr
and
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdr

and how does the above:
levels\gta5_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtd
with the rain and moon glyphs inside come into it...

are the .xtd files the hippy camp glyphs? why are they not grouped with the country_04 files for the hippy camp then? Like:
levels\gta5_hills\country_04\cs4_11_rpf\cs4_11_salvationm+hidr.xtd
or:
levels\gta5_hills\country_04\cs4_11_rpf\cs4_11_salvationm.xdr

and if they are the hippy ones, why are the faded glyph and the half glyph on chiliad called either moon and rain 01 or 02??

any ideas?

thank you to takeover zancudo from the gtaforums for the pictures and help and all the previous game file topics on here and the gtaforums for there work getting us this far.

had to give takeover a shout and our lovely forums lol

can also add the sand glyph to the hunt for textures now... need to know the name of that texture for a hint maybe!!

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

wow so discussion, much evidence. wow

Aetius
  • Aetius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Jet Pack Hunt ( Possible solution )

Boys hope to be useful for hunting Jet Pack
I want to say that I haven't completed the game 100 % so if someone want to try this thing I would be very grateful to him.

Firstly I think that there is a prize for each final and prizes are as follows:
1 ) A Ufo
2 ) An Easter egg
3 ) A Jet Pack

Now the problem is how to get the following prizes.
Well you have to look at the evidences that map ask you to find, find them, put them together and wait for something to happen .
Probably everything is easier than it seems .
The map provides 5 clues, 5 drawings that are on the side of the mountain and they are:
1 ) A moon
2 ) A thunderstorm
3 ) Half spaceship
4) The face of a man
5 ) An antenna
Ok then ... we do what the mountain says.

1 ) I'm going up the mountain at night say around 3am (And this was known )
2 ) I'm going up the mountain even when there is the storm ( And even this was known )
3 ) I go to the mountain and I take half spaceship ( Yes, but where I find half a spaceship ? It would take a car made with pieces of spaceship ... should be asked to Omega )
4) I go to the mountain and I carry a white man. ( The choice is yours , I would try with Michael )
5 ) I go to the mountain and I carry an antenna (No i think this time I say a bullsh*t ) Well I do not know what to tell you about this ... an antenna and then you remember there are also all the thunders on the map . I guess that I have not solved anything. Better i go to listen to a bit of radio,yes soulwax radio.

1468793_10202398707519600_266986772_n.jp

.Supersempfft - Let's Beam Him Up

Aetius
  • Aetius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Jet Pack Hunt ( Possible solution )

Boys hope to be useful for hunting Jet Pack
I want to say that I haven't completed the game 100 % so if someone want to try this thing I would be very grateful to him.

Firstly I think that there is a prize for each final and prizes are as follows:
1 ) A Ufo
2 ) An Easter egg
3 ) A Jet Pack

Now the problem is how to get the following prizes.
Well you have to look at the evidences that map ask you to find, find them, put them together and wait for something to happen .
Probably everything is easier than it seems .
The map provides 5 clues, 5 drawings that are on the side of the mountain and they are:
1 ) A moon
2 ) A thunderstorm
3 ) Half spaceship
4) The face of a man
5 ) An antenna
Ok then ... we do what the mountain says.

1 ) I'm going up the mountain at night say around 3am (And this was known )
2 ) I'm going up the mountain even when there is the storm ( And even this was known )
3 ) I go to the mountain and I take half spaceship ( Yes, but where I find half a spaceship ? It would take a car made with pieces of spaceship ... should be asked to Omega )
4) I go to the mountain and I carry a white man. ( The choice is yours , I would try with Michael )
5 ) I go to the mountain and I carry an antenna (No i think this time I say a bullsh*t ) Well I do not know what to tell you about this ... an antenna and then you remember there are also all the thunders on the map . I guess that I have not solved anything. Better i go to listen to a bit of radio,yes soulwax radio.

1468793_10202398707519600_266986772_n.jp

.Supersempfft - Let's Beam Him Up

Soulwax is also a name of a real Belgium band...

I find some starnge things into the soulwax song name.

1)Long Distance Zoom

2)Vista grande

3) Flying Without Wings

4)Hold Your Head Up Remixed by Suolwax

5) Rocket ride Remixed by soulwax

and this is the real suolwax logo...

radionew.gif

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

@above... the zigzag glyph is a mountain we believe not a radio antenna lol

and also the 5 glyphs are...
1) faded eye/ufo.
2) half eye/ufo.
3) zigzag trail or river up mountain with eye/ufo on top.
4) rain cloud with eye/ufo.
5) a moon and 3 lines with eye/ufo.

Aetius
  • Aetius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

@above... the zigzag glyph is a mountain we believe not a radio antenna lol

and also the 5 glyphs are...
1) faded eye/ufo.
2) half eye/ufo.
3) zigzag trail or river up mountain with eye/ufo on top.
4) rain cloud with eye/ufo.
5) a moon and 3 lines with eye/ufo.

Look at the glyphs...and look at soulwax radio logo. Nothing strange? Why this radio transmit a song called Let's Beam me up?

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Im trying to put together a true 100% checklist for those who believe this may hold answers .

Please post to add to it incase i missed anything .  

http://gtaforums.com...-100-checklist/

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

just a thought about the controllable UFO . After seeing the pics they got from the clippings with the hud and runes of a flyable UFO i started wondering if the controllable UFO could be the little one that the hippie made with the spaceship parts. A bit like your own controllable drone. real drones are also in the form of a UFO ( not all off them but some are).

With controlling the small ufo you can probably stand somewhere and 1 person can be in 2 places at the same time. like you stand on chiliad en send your drone to Zancudo to the bunker.

The drone will probably not be noticed by the military.  Only question is, after the hippie shows you the drone the garage locks. he leaves but he doesn't take the drone with him so i suppose it is still in the hippie-garage at the camp?

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

and one thought on the karma thing also. i have bought the guide ( not the special edition) and thinking about the karma, when there are choices you can make they are kinda obvious in the book like   kill dreyffus...    OR let him go now the police knows who he is.

being impulsive i off blew his brains over the sidewalk but i let the woman go who sends michael on the sub-parts hunt. didn't notice a difference whatsoever thoug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users