Quantcast

» «
Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

after reading the Men in Black Comet made a page or two ago
It kinda got me wondering since this game does reference so many movies

If I remember correctly in men in black Agents K and J have to track down Clues that ultimately lead them to what Agent K tells Agent J
is the only pilotable UFO on the planet. They also figure out that the UFO was hidden in plain sight all along

oddly enough, so is the UFO is above WTF

just a thought maybe it's nothing

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Seems like after all the glyphs were found things got out of control. Not only do we not have a logical reason for there being a picture of a jetpack but we also don't have a meaning for every glyph. If the game files have been scoured how come no one has yet to show us what the glyphs are named within the files? Until we can interpret what they all mean we can't move any further. The rain/moon glyphs are obvious but the other three are questionable, especially the faded eye that is upside down. We can't just ignore what their meanings are and just move on. They are the clues but a lot of people would rather create clues from thin air.

Also, the rune hud is very interesting. Idk if most people know this but there is a hud for the jetpack in the SA game files and it was never used in the game so don't rule that possibility out.

• ImmortalJyat likes this

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

right, I've read hundreds of these pages now, I'm 100%, got a busy life so haven't searched as much as some of you guys (no offence intended)...the mural clearly isn't to be overlay onto the map, the 5 glyphs are there as they are on the mountain - at the top, it has the UFO, which happened to be found before all the glyphs...in my eyes, all 5 glyphs lead to finding the ufo at the top of chilliad. That's my theory.
Right...the jetpack figure egg and ufo at the bottom. We have found the jetpack figure on the sacrifice rock at the altruist camp right?? Have we actually found a genuine egg? No...the ufo at the bottom of the mural could stand for all the other ufos which have been found...now I could be wrong but this says to me there is a jetpack.
The mural is solved I think obviously the clues are at the bottom for extra stuff leading from the chilliad ufo...we need to use what we have to move further, not speculate and guess, but use hard evidence and stay on topic taking one step at a time!! We need to take a step back - and simplify

I like what you're sayin but no way is that a jetpack figure on the sacrifice stone at the camp. It's too obscure all the glyphs/depiction's/clues or what ever you want to call them are much clearer. But that's just my opinion I'm not saying you're wrong I just think we all want to see it so we doin that makes sense?

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Seems like after all the glyphs were found things got out of control. Not only do we not have a logical reason for there being a picture of a jetpack but we also don't have a meaning for every glyph. If the game files have been scoured how come no one has yet to show us what the glyphs are named within the files? Until we can interpret what they all mean we can't move any further. The rain/moon glyphs are obvious but the other three are questionable, especially the faded eye that is upside down. We can't just ignore what their meanings are and just move on. They are the clues but a lot of people would rather create clues from thin air.

Also, the rune hud is very interesting. Idk if most people know this but there is a hud for the jetpack in the SA game files and it was never used in the game so don't rule that possibility out.

I always thought the faded glyph represents the UFO fading when when u get closer to it ie hologram?

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

right, I've read hundreds of these pages now, I'm 100%, got a busy life so haven't searched as much as some of you guys (no offence intended)...the mural clearly isn't to be overlay onto the map, the 5 glyphs are there as they are on the mountain - at the top, it has the UFO, which happened to be found before all the glyphs...in my eyes, all 5 glyphs lead to finding the ufo at the top of chilliad. That's my theory.
Right...the jetpack figure egg and ufo at the bottom. We have found the jetpack figure on the sacrifice rock at the altruist camp right?? Have we actually found a genuine egg? No...the ufo at the bottom of the mural could stand for all the other ufos which have been found...now I could be wrong but this says to me there is a jetpack.
The mural is solved I think obviously the clues are at the bottom for xtra stuff leading from the chilliad ufo...we need to use what we have to move further, not speculate and guess, but use hard evidence and stay on topic taking one step at a time!! We need to take a step back - and simplify

I disagree if that thought process was correct and that mural found at the top of the mountain wasn't meant to be used in multiple places in multiple ways then explain to me why it lines up perfectly from two separate angles
one direction lines it up using the face + four of the alien glyphs and in another direction using the five alien glyphs

and if you meant no offense by that statement then why did you mention it at all

I pay attention to the little details

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

500 pages of bull... Keep dreaming, and buy next gen consoles to see more. Moderators ruined this thread big time, intelligent people, they are.

• KingLiam1986 likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

500 pages of bull... Keep dreaming, and buy next gen consoles to see more. Moderators ruined this thread big time, intelligent people, they are.

Hmmmm could be
But until it's been proven that nothing is there
I'll keep looking simply because it doesn't make sense to put that many clues that many references and not have it lead to something

and as far as this thread getting way off topic
Sure it has
if you stick to the guidelines that it should only be about the decoding the mural

but I personally think that all facts all relevant to solving this if there is something there to be solved and to look at it from only one piece at a time is the wrong way

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by Druminator, 23 November 2013 - 07:13 PM.

Rockstar had us investigating this way before the game was even out. Remember when they posted a screen of the mountain and everyone was curious what was in the "shed" and people started trying to figure out what it was? Then the game leaked and everyone wanted the leakers to go to the top and see what was in there. Strange that it turned out to be the mural...

Anyway, I have to go to work but I hope two things are posted before I return. 1. Someone clip inside the FZ ufo and show us the interior and 2. Someone find what the glyphs are called in the game files. Believe me I would have already done both of these if I knew how.

• tdurbo likes this

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

i know a girl we call von von and she sucked D for an apple once, does that means you do too? i like generalizations

• tdurbo and jkd69 like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Rockstar had us investigating this way before the game was even out. Remember when they posted a screen of the mountain and everyone was curious what was in the "shed" and people started trying to figure out what it was? Then the game leaked and everyone wanted the leakers to go to the top and see what was in there. Strange that it turned out to be the mural...

not to play the devil's advocate here and agree with the naysayers
But rockstar never told people to go of making speculation about what they thought was in the shed
it was just a screenshot taken of the most prominent structure in the game...
the mountain

it was peoples own curiosity that led to all the speculatio
even if it did in fact lead to the mural
  • roadkill6creator likes this

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

500 pages guys and no jet-pack...simply because there is, NO JET PACK. Had fun looking for it though? Well then you've won. You have seen what we wanted, how amazing the game is. Thanks all R*

i bet there is a secret illuminati meaning in the game though right? 

• kama0kazi and Fran_Halen like this

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Anyway, I have to go to work but I hope two things are posted before I return. 1. Someone clip inside the FZ ufo and show us the interior and 2. Someone find what the glyphs are called in the game files. Believe me I would have already done both of these if I knew how.

1 - I dont think you can clip inside the ufo.  The only thing you can do is fall under the map which doesn't allow you to clip through buidlings, when you hit a wall you spawn on the surface. (or more anoyingly, under the water in a neverending abyss).  You would have to camera clip if its even possible by standing on the UFO and trying to hard rotate the camera through the UFO, but that doesnt even work in most places.

2- Files are easy.

levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtd
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdr
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdr
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdr
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdr
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdr
levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_redeye.xdr

Can only open XTD's not XDR's, but redeye is the image under the chiliad viewing station, then you have the clue xtd which is

cs1_10_symbol_clue_raincs1_10_symbol_clu.dds

cs1_10_symbol_clue_mooncs1_10_symbol_clu.dds

fJQcyVq.png

mountain.xdr is likely the "tractor beam" zigzag looking one

• Fran_Halen and YouWannaSolveThisMystery? like this

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by tadd, 23 November 2013 - 07:41 PM.

These are the files assosiated with the "clues" (glyphs)

not sure if rain 01 and 02 refer to one on mountain and one on hippy camp but they are in the hills area so wouldnt think it is... same with the moon 01 and 02...

we either need to find the names of the hippy glyphs or the faded and plain eye glyphs... oh and there is proof (levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdr) that the "beam" "zigzag" "radio tower" glyph is actually a mountain with a trail going up it.

edit... aww takeover beat me to it lol
  • Fran_Halen likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 07:48 PM.

1 - I dont think you can clip inside the ufo.  The only thing you can do is fall under the map which doesn't allow you to clip through buidlings, when you hit a wall you spawn on the surface. (or more anoyingly, under the water in a neverending abyss).  You would have to camera clip if its even possible by standing on the UFO and trying to hard rotate the camera through the UFO, but that doesnt even work in most places.

2- Files are easy.

levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue.xtdlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon01.xdrlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_moon02.xdrlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_mountain01.xdrlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain01.xdrlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_clue_rain02.xdrlevels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_redeye.xdr
Can only open XTD's not XDR's, but redeye is the image under the chiliad viewing station, then you have the clue xtd which is

fJQcyVq.png

mountain.xdr is likely the "tractor beam" zigzag looking one
so what you're saying is the code is there?
If so then wouldn't the next pertinent question be
are they linked to any other files?

**edit**
sorry didn't see your next post
I must have been in the process of making this one
so you're saying that they are link to some other files
is this correct?

and what does this tell you
I'm only asking because I don't understand the game code and I'm trying to make sense of what you posted

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

We need to know what the hippy ones are called and also find out what the faded eye and half eye are!
  • themutedtrumpet likes this

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

I agree with tadd. From the first time I saw the files for the glyphs, I wondered where the remaining ones were. I think if they could be found it may give a hint as to whether or not they are important. (although there's a very good chance they're called something unhelpful like 'white eye' and 'half eye')

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

I agree with tadd. From the first time I saw the files for the glyphs, I wondered where the remaining ones were. I think if they could be found it may give a hint as to whether or not they are important. (although there's a very good chance they're called something unhelpful like 'white eye' and 'half eye')

We need to know what the hippy ones are called and also find out what the faded eye and half eye are!

They are probably just the 01/02 revisions.  Cant know for sure though because they are xdrs and nobody has reversed those.

Most helpful thing to me might be

http://tmacdev.com/2...xsc-decompiler/

If it works on the new xscs (obviously someone out there has the opcodes mapped out - or we wouldnt have had ambient_ufos.xsc locations decompiled)

I have a pretty good rap sheet in android dev/decompiling if anyone knows how to contact this twisties dev to get the tool.  Couldnt find contact info anywhere.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Dont forget to actually play the game kids. This wild goose chase is a vortex that only the brightest and best can recover from.
  • ImmortalJyat likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by stangone50, 23 November 2013 - 08:08 PM.

I apologize if this has been gone over but I know they found the spinning square thing under the bunker at the fort UFO site . And I know they found some textures at chiliad of its UFO.

Has anything like this been found at the hippy camp site ?

If so there must be something like this for all the ufos in the game . If there were more couldnt we just do what they did and find more textures then just fly above them ?

Again i apologize if this is completely ignorant . I have not really experimented with glitching and dont know dic about textures or spinning squares lol

evoorg
  • evoorg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by evoorg, 23 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

2- Files are easy.

levels\gta5\_hills\country_01\cs1_10_rpf\cs1_10_redeye.xdr

Thanks for pulling those images. It lends credence to some theories of mine.

It appears XDR files are model files. The glyphs and graffitti are decals (think terrain conforming models) placed over walls and rocks. I believe the rain_02 and moon_02 are models for two faded glyphs (using vertex alpha to obscure the rain and moon parts of the texture). It makes sense to have different model files if they are using different vertex alpha information and are found on different surfaces.

The redeye.xdr is probably using a combination of both vertex alpha and RGB values. I would think the RGB values would be stored in a shader file, but I am not well versed in the Rage Engine. (Has anyone found a shader file format?)

I am pretty sure that is all technically true, but what does it mean? Pure speculation, but I think it might mean that R* originally had 5 variables needed to see the Chiliad UFO. Testing proved this to be too difficult for players to get (I still haven't seen the Chiliad UFO as the rain is too random). Artists faded out the two lower glyphs deciding it would be faster and more efficient than redrawing the mural.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Wow. You guys type fast.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by ZancudoTakeover, 23 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

I apologize if this has been gone over but I know they found the spinning square thing under the bunker at the fort UFO site . And I know they found some textures at chiliad of its UFO.

Has anything like this been found at the hippy camp site ?

If so there must be something like this for all the ufos in the game . If there were more couldnt we just do what they did and find more textures then just fly above them ?

Again i apologize if this is completely ignorant . I have not really experimented with glitching and dont know dic about textures or spinning squares lol

Pretty much unless its in another "room".  Like prologe and the north yankton are way off to the bottom right of the map.  Problem is those are the only "scenerios" we have seen that are off the map.

Also, R* made no attempt to try to hide the other UFO's.  You can clearly see them when clipping under the map as well.

There might be another one in the film studio on ground level if the information we have gotten is correct.  Thing is it might be in a building and not show up way underground like these textures did because its not "floating".  You can clip under the map in the alley by the barber shop about a block away, ive done some parachute jumps a few times now and saw nothing under the film studio.

I think our only hope is that if there is another UFO that uses that HUD weve all seen, its likely that its a copy of these 2 ufos weve already seen and stuck somewhere in a building. Thats why nobody has seen it under the map yet.

w23E5yM.png

• YouWannaSolveThisMystery? likes this

YouWannaSolveThisMystery?
  • YouWannaSolveThisMystery?

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Then why is one on the mural?

i dont know man, but when somebody from rockstar tells me "the jetpack is not a vehicle in the game" i dont take that as a trick meaning "the jetpack is a weapon" i take it as there is no jetpack.

coupled with 500 pages of getting no closer to finding a jetpack, for me the picture is clear.

Wait a sec, can you please PM me the image of your question regarding the Jetpack please?

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I am looking at the jetpack man image and thinking, hang on we see these types of images all the time in the real world. On traffic lights to signify walk we see a stickman as if he is walking to signify "Walk". Many others but you get my drift. Now to me the image is telling me "fly".

IM_A_AFOL
  • IM_A_AFOL

Eye sea u

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

If I remember correctly in men in black Agents K and J have to track down Clues that ultimately lead them to what Agent K tells Agent J
is the only pilotable UFO on the planet. They also figure out that the UFO was hidden in plain sight all along

To correct you..

MiB One they go to the "hidden in plane sight ufo" in queens, there is no searching K knows where they are he was part of putting them there.

MiB Two is where they follow the clues to find the " Light of Zartha(sp?)" Because K's got memory wiped

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 23 November 2013 - 08:43 PM.

To correct you..
MiB One they go to the "hidden in plane sight ufo" in queens, there is no searching K knows where they are he was part of putting them there.
MiB Two is where they follow the clues to find the " Light of Zartha(sp?)" Because K's got memory wiped
gotcha and thanks for the correction
thinking back on it you're absolutely correct
they were chasing the bug and K did know where it was
sorry been quite a few years since I've seen that one

but the point being is that the UFO was in plain sight all along

...just like the one above WTF

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Takeover... can you look into these 2 files...

levels\gta5\_hills\cityhills_02\ch2_07d_rpf\ch2_07d_hint120+hidr.xtd
levels\gta5\_hills\cityhills_02\ch2_07d_rpf\ch2_07d_hint120.xdr

Just because they say hint in them lol

and could you please post as many links to pastebins or lists of files decompiled or not just lists of files...

also could you please tell me what the hippy camp/sculpture park is called in the files? Like what area is it desert, hills, cityhills ect...

thanks bud

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I don't think the hunt is over but i Also don't think we are hunting a jetpack. I think that the "fly" symbol is for cracking the hippy camp model as in by which means we must travel the lit path over at the lighthouse. Just my theory.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Takeover... can you look into these 2 files...

levels\gta5\_hills\cityhills_02\ch2_07d_rpf\ch2_07d_hint120+hidr.xtd
levels\gta5\_hills\cityhills_02\ch2_07d_rpf\ch2_07d_hint120.xdr

Just because they say hint in them lol

and could you please post as many links to pastebins or lists of files decompiled or not just lists of files...

also could you please tell me what the hippy camp/sculpture park is called in the files? Like what area is it desert, hills, cityhills ect...

thanks bud

Can only open XTD's but doesn't seem to be much? Probably some kind of building interior when you look through a window.  Not sure what the hippy camp is yet, I ran a batch extract of everything last night but my wrapper crashed out halfway through.  Im rerunning it now.

im_interiorfake_04.dds

q2Vc5TI.png

Also looking around in global.gxt2, found the following strings for Zancudo.  now it could be strings doing bad formatting, but it appears to actually have proper breaks around it looking in hex.  Does anyone know what this Zancudo Tshirt is?

Zancudo Barranca
Fort Zancudo
3 Zancudo Avenue
Zancudo Ave
Fort Zancudo
Boss, you asked me to remind you about getting that chopper from Fort Zancudo. I know you haven't forgotten have you?
Only place to get the kind of chopper you need is Fort Zancudo, boss. Watch out for other helis in the area. Might be easier if you take em out first. W4de
Zancudo Grande Valley
Zancudo Rd
Lago Zancudo
Zancudo River
Zancudo T-Shirt
Fort Zancudo Approach Rd

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Moderators ruined this thread, and dont learn nothing with their own mistakes. First basic mistake, creating new accounts and new names dont make the threads more dinamic or fun, but in this thread, some childish moderators have more than 5 names and kick off real users just because. The truth.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Ok, Im going to bite the bullet and start a new game and go for as true a 100% as I can, all golds etc. I have 100%d every GTA since 3 up to San An, I did the 100 tedious ambulance missions. I know R* are capable of asking the extreme and as no one in the 200 odd pages I have been reading has said they have done it, I am going to.

One question.

The Simeon random event. When should I do it with M and F?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users