Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Trevors_Daddy
  • Trevors_Daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

If the mural and the drawings come out being a stupid joke, I will fly over to rockstar studios with a selfmade "jetpack" to hand it over and leave before they push the button. Seriously, just the thought of looking for something that's not there makes me sick and rockstar knows that we are looking into every little sh*t in their game so they could have let us know that there is nothing to find or unlock or at least say that the mural is just decoration.

Also here is my report about the searching: There seems nothing above the filmstudio, but maybe I wasn't there at the right time to see a green light or a stupid ufo, happend before when I was looking for the other one above FZ. I will keep trying, at least the gamefiles do say that there must me something.

bastien
  • bastien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

500 pages and nothing i like that.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Say the moon glyph does mean 3am. I could use that logic with the glyphs on the jetpack side and connect it to the FZ event. Beam glyph = green light, moon glyph = night/3am, faded glyph = light is only half finished at 2am (two dashes).

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Whether the 3 dashes are ment to mean 3am or not that is what most ppl get from it and it just happens to be a condition to see the UFO. And why have them there at all when u can get " come back when it's stormy and when you finished the game" just from the message on the deck and lightening on the mural, I say more proves my point in previous post of how it has to be more simple to solve than we think. I mean rock* putting easy clues to solve rather than super cryptic obscure ones that have you doin random this with shadows and rocks. ( I could be wrong as could any of us but its where I'm at). I think the mural tells us two different things...

1. locations or hint at things on the mountain (glyphs) and from which we can make connections with the conditions need to see the UFO (yes u can get there without glyphs) but alot of things are found by accident ie free roam and maybe not the way rock* intended. Or maybe because a lot of ppl of different age groups and IQs play the game and because I think this is more of a mystery/treasure hunt than an actual Easter egg hunt because I believe there will be two solid usable rewards( usable UFO and jetpack) at the end of it. I believe this because of they alien rune files recently found int he game files that are basically a alien HUD on screen there's even a space for the mini map, and the feckin drawing of a jetpack of the mural! No way would rock* put that there if there was not a jetpack. They no how much it means to the hardcore fans from sa and the disappointment there wasn't one in gta4. That would be a major troll on their fans and I don't think they would do that, if they have they're c**ts!

Anyway back to the mural..

2. It shows us the start of the hunt for UFO, follow line from right of mountain- find jetpack- get UFO (basically) other lines are irrelevant I think simply there to try to confuse you yet at the same time tell you EVERYTING is connected. Eg UFO, jetpack, glyphs, the conspiracy and which government agency's logo is all over the 2 almost identical ufos? FIB!!. That's why I think they're the f*ckers behind ALL OF IT! And I think we are all missing something!?!?!? I just don't know what.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

there is no jetpack.

hardest words ive ever had to say.

• AnEvilVet, YouWannaSolveThisMystery? and KingLiam1986 like this

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

there is no jetpack.

Why do you say that? Because we haven't found it?

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

there is no jetpack.

And that's the smartest thing anyones said in this whole thread
  • YouWannaSolveThisMystery? likes this

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by kama0kazi, 23 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

i got a message from rockstar support, says the jetpack is not in the game, most people are saying i faked it or that it doesnt mean the jetpack isnt in the game. but its fairly straightforward.

thats why i stopped attacking people with moronic theories here, because there is no point anymore, one theory is just as sound as the next when the item you are looking for doesn't exist. :(

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Then why is one on the mural?

• HakatoX and YouWannaSolveThisMystery? like this

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by neku_neku, 23 November 2013 - 02:30 PM.

To be honest, you can figure out what needs to be done in order to see the Chiliad ufo without ever actually seeing the glyphs. The red eye under the deck and the message on the back plus the lightning bolts.

'Come here while it's storming after you've finished the game.'

Not a single glyph was needed for that. As for 3am, why is it the moon glyph that is telling us that, because of the three dashes? There are threes scattered around this game, hell every single glyph has three dashes on them above the eyes, except the faded one of course. The ufo and jetpack even have three dashes, throw in the egg and there are a total of three boxes, three protags, three endings etc.

So if the glyphs are telling us the conditions for the Chiliad ufo, why even have them? Why would a clue tell me to go up the mountain when I am already there? Why would I need to know that it has to be raining when I clearly see lightning which to me is a storm, or at least the first thing that comes to mind. Do the red eye, the ufo box and all the glyphs tell me about a ufo? Why do I need seven clues for one thing? What about the damn jetpack?

just sharing a thought. im  still believe that all the 5 glyphs are important somehow. yeah im agree with your statement 'Come here while it's storming after you've finished the game' but it will only show the UFO. i think all the 5 gylphs are conditions to trigger something more interesting. but 2 of the gylphs are worn out due to weather - making the puzzle more difficult to solve.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 23 November 2013 - 02:38 PM.

i got a message from rockstar support, says the jetpack is not in the game, most people are saying i faked it or that it doesnt mean the jetpack isnt in the game. but its fairly straightforward.

thats why i stopped attacking people with moronic theories here, because there is no point anymore, one theory is just as sound as the next when the item you are looking for doesn't exist. :(

With or without jetpack, this thread is called "Decoding the Mount Chilliad Mural". I'm still not convinced it's decoded.

• Alastair Smyth, themutedtrumpet and kama0kazi like this

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Then why is one on the mural?

i dont know man, but when somebody from rockstar tells me "the jetpack is not a vehicle in the game" i dont take that as a trick meaning "the jetpack is a weapon" i take it as there is no jetpack.

coupled with 500 pages of getting no closer to finding a jetpack, for me the picture is clear.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

@eramverdis, i agree, but i just dont see anything as a reward that would make me feel happy after spending so many hours of my life, at this point the mural will be so simple everyone will be pissed they missed it, or so hard everyone will be pissed rockstar made it so impossible.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

@eramverdis, i agree, but i just dont see anything as a reward that would make me feel happy after spending so many hours of my life, at this point the mural will be so simple everyone will be pissed they missed it, or so hard everyone will be pissed rockstar made it so impossible.

Couldn't agree more!

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Jetpack is a METAPHOOOOOUUUURRR can I get a HUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM
  • GTA:SAm_F and ImmortalJyat like this

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Rockstar support doesn't know sh*t about game play story/mission problems they are not there for that they don't sit there with a big book of gta5. They are technical support for bugs, glitches and other technical issues and would not be privy to this information, especially if its supposed to be a secret conspiracy kind of story game play problem. They would have strict rules about releasing info on gameplay info anyway or they basically would be offering a walkthrough of the whole game!. Plus 9 times out of 10 the just reply with a generic email reply because of the embargo/ restriction of information they can release. The Likelihood is only a hand few of the games devs and higher up creative producers and art team know the whole story.

Basically I'm saying rockstar technical support emails are not concrete proof of anything gameplay related.
  • HakatoX likes this

Lousk
  • Lousk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Are the altruists FIB? The man that stand on the edge of the cliff at the camp displays FIB behaviour (he stands with his hands at the front then touches his ear periodically like he's listening to an earpiece).

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by kama0kazi, 23 November 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Rockstar support doesn't know sh*t about game play story/mission problems they are not there for that they don't sit there with a big book of gta5. They are technical support for bugs, glitches and other technical issues and would not be privy to this information, especially if its supposed to be a secret conspiracy kind of story game play problem. They would have strict rules about releasing info on gameplay info anyway or they basically would be offering a walkthrough of the whole game!. Plus 9 times out of 10 the just reply with a generic email reply because of the embargo/ restriction of information they can release. The Likelihood is only a hand few of the games devs and higher up creative producers and art team know the whole story.

Basically I'm saying rockstar technical support emails are not concrete proof of anything gameplay related.

so why did they tell me "the jetpack is not a vehicle within the game" when i asked about a bug relating to my jetpack?

dont worry ill give you the standard reply

"it doesnt say that, you faked it"

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

If it goes unsolved the only time you'll get an official release on the remaining mysterys or Easter eggs is a few months before the launch of the next gta.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

If it goes unsolved the only time you'll get an official release on the remaining mysterys or Easter eggs is a few months before the launch of the next gta.

ok man, good luck in your hunt. :)

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

so why did they tell me "the jetpack is not a vehicle within the game" when i asked about a bug relating to my jetpack?

No mate I'm not going to say you faked it nor do I think you faked it ( or at least I hope you'd have better things to do with your time) I'm just saying they wouldn't be privy to that info. It's supposed to be a secret and they know it. It would ruin the whole thing if they simply told you the answer. The whole point to a Easter egg hunt/ mystery is exactly that! A mystery! No self respecting game developer would go to such trouble to put then in to their game and then let there technical support department tell everybody what they are and where to find them!. Just saying
  • Slash59, _The_Kaiser_ and Benchq77 like this

justforthecode
  • justforthecode

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

the altruists are fib that is for sure its a distraction but more i like that how ther eis an elevator in fort zancudo 

bunker but i noticed there is a no smoking sign also in the bunker i tought that maybe smoking something in that location can trigger fire alarm and then elevator opens and people come out??

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

so just say you get the jetpack, every time you put it on and fly you lose all your ammo and character goes into the T model animation.

what the hell can you do when the companies tech support wont help because the jetpack is a secret?

doesnt make sense.

dyslexicon
  • dyslexicon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by dyslexicon, 23 November 2013 - 03:03 PM.

I think the argument would be they have a specific list of information, so rockstar support employee cross checks jetpack with all of their available information to disclose and give the only appropriate response they can based on the information available to them, it's likely a lot of the employees haven't even played the game, I'm not saying there IS jetpack though just trying to make logical sense of this, obviously I really want there to be a jetpack so it colours my opinion largely, but I think theres a strong case to be made that it is in the game and the support team don't have the jetpack listed in the information available to them, but theres also equally a strong case to be made that your assumptions are correct. Regardless if there is a "prize" when we get it it'll be an anticlimax, but its the search and the mystery thats exciting to me, especially when its coupled up against conspiracy lore. If it did turn out rockstar were trolling with the mural and there was nothing to unlock or it was future dlc id be annoyed with them but so what they wouldn't care less what I think I guess. Personally if it turns out there is something to the conspiracy (honestly I believe it is, conspiracy lore, alien hud, game files, jetpack on the mural when fans really like the jetpack) it'd add a whole new level to a game that is already amongst the best of the current gen, probably be the coolest most elaborate game secret of the past 10 years and it'd elevate rockstar to beyond legendary status.
  • jamston likes this

mhinder
  • mhinder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Didn't rock star make comments about underwater caverns or something? Could it be as others has said ...scuba gear?

justforthecode
  • justforthecode

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

another thing i realized when i was not playing the game is that the red arrows point to a place of intrest

seek for a clue not graphical glitches 

if people decoding the mural have not yet noticed there are nothing made by accident into this game all clues are very clearly visible

dyslexicon
  • dyslexicon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

the altruists are fib that is for sure its a distraction but more i like that how ther eis an elevator in fort zancudo 
bunker but i noticed there is a no smoking sign also in the bunker i tought that maybe smoking something in that location can trigger fire alarm and then elevator opens and people come out??

could be overthought, but its an interesting observation regardless

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Didn't rock star make comments about underwater caverns or something? Could it be as others has said ...scuba gear?

So I put on scuba gear, and then get the oxygen canister shot at... Instant Jetpack?

• IM_A_AFOL and Metopheles like this

Ya boy GEEZY
  • Ya boy GEEZY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Are the altruists FIB? The man that stand on the edge of the cliff at the camp displays FIB behaviour (he stands with his hands at the front then touches his ear periodically like he's listening to an earpiece).

I'm not sure man but I definitely think the FIB are the key to this.

Metopheles
  • Metopheles

amidst smoke and salt

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

scuba gear and shoot at.. in just cause 2 you could shoot propane canister to fly for a short time.

also do you know you can make two straight gas lines and then exhaust your wheels on them and they light up -> back to the future ?? ( was first thing i did after the mission we learned we can shoot gas lines)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users