Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
tony.parente
  • tony.parente

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

What about overlying the mural on the mountain to see if it takes us to a secret passageway or something?

man are you serious ?

This hasn't been thought of yet?
Awesome! Gunna go home and try it now!

• diehardDanny likes this

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Your silence is utterly provocative

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by AmbientZed, 21 November 2013 - 05:30 PM.

What about overlying the mural on the mountain to see if it takes us to a secret passageway or something?

uRhr5P6.png

• IM_A_AFOL and pnuta like this

Spliffpanda
  • Spliffpanda

One weed to rule them all

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I was trying my theory out at the Arcadius, that there is an UFO above it, just like the hippie camp. My arguments for this is the logo of Arcadius, taken from Asteroids the arcade game. I was flying above the clouds, circling around then all of the sudden I get the same kind of interference on my UI and screen as you get from the hippie UFO, but I never found the same spot again. I thought it was my phone, but I tried texting, making phonecalls etc to see if it interfered with my monitor which it didn't. It might have been something else tho as I never found the spot with the interference again. :-/

are you on 100%?

Yes I am, I was flying as Franklin but his flying skill is low so the control over the chopper was not that great :-( I start to think it was nothing, as I never found the spot again but it still buggs me because the screen did the exact kind of interference thing as thie hippie ufo. I was like WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then conspiracing against my own equippment instead :;(

Zantus
  • Zantus

Forgotten Laundry

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

.. Well, just another neutral idea passing by.

GTA: Online. Since Rockstar added voice chatting and it would be interactive throughout some of the gameplay, it would be a shame if they just left it like that. Maybe if you say something through your mic at certain locations, something would happen?

On the radio, WCTR Talk Show, Chakra Attack, Dr. Ray said something like..

" .. you sit on a mountain top, and say ommmmm .. "

jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by jp9865, 21 November 2013 - 05:34 PM.

I doubt rockstar support will know if the jetpack exists, come on if they did, this would have been outed 2 days after release, my guess is only a handfull of r* employees will know the mystery to keep it a mystery, however there is a mystery there to be solved!

Ps maybe someone should try r* support again but instead of jetpack say your ufo ain't flying properly

Its been done, someone said that their ufo kept disappearing out of their garage, and the response "are you talking about the space docker cause there isn't a usable ufo in game." (I'm obviously paraphrasing, don't remember exact answer)

Haven't got a link though but I'm sure it s on this site or reddit.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

.. Well, just another neutral idea passing by.

GTA: Online. Since Rockstar added voice chatting and it would be interactive throughout some of the gameplay, it would be a shame if they just left it like that. Maybe if you say something through your mic at certain locations, something would happen?

On the radio, WCTR Talk Show, Chakra Attack, Dr. Ray said something like..

" .. you sit on a mountain top, and say ommmmm .. "

nice idea.. oouummmmmm remind me to the truth gta sa

jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

most ppl I know play their consoles offline
me too btw[/quote]

What about firmware/software updates? What about online gaming? Why are you still living in the 1980's? :)

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by Druminator, 21 November 2013 - 05:46 PM.

For the people who mod and can clip through textures, why has nobody clipped through the FZ UFO to see what the interior looks like? If you can anyway.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by neku_neku, 21 November 2013 - 05:50 PM.

most ppl I know play their consoles offline
me too btw[/quote]

What about firmware/software updates? What about online gaming? Why are you still living in the 1980's? :)

just because we live in poverty cannot afford a nice network 24hours like you

• JBetts420 likes this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

so why didnt they give me the default line then?

Because you're image looks rather fake to me.

Thousands of people have asked trick questions about the supposed jetpack, you're not the first. All have received the same sort of generic answer. You're no different from them and they're not going to waste extra time responding only to you with this sort of answer.

If this was true, we'd know by now due to the many others that have asked, as they would have been told the same thing as you.

You're also using Chrome which allows dynamic editing of a page by simply right clicking "Inspect Element". It takes five seconds.

The support box and the information sidebar box are perfectly lined up on a normal support ticket. Here's an example of how the boxes usually line up.

2ymaxbp.jpg

Whereas your ticket is halfway down the page with the sidebar being up at the top where it should be for some reason. There are no advertisement banners or extra information at the top, so why is that?

Also, I'm using Chrome too. I used the very easy "Inspect Element" up above to show that you don't even need an image editing tool to fake a ticket.

The second thing I noticed was a direct contradiction.

One minute they say that there is definitely no jetpack in the game, then right after they say "if it is in the game for any reason...". Well which is it? Is it in the game or do they not know? You could argue modding, but they're not going to assume that based on a legitimate ticket asking questions about in-game confusion. Especially if the user hasn't mentioned that they have added it themselves.

Support teams don't know that much about the games they give support to. At least not something like this.

Now perhaps some of the things I have mentioned above have plausible answers.

But given the fact that for the last few posts before this screenshot, you were trying to annoy everybody by posting constant old ideas on purpose out of frustration, and especially due to the rude things you said to me about the users in this thread in our little PM just a few hours ago, I'd wager you're just trying to once again mess with everyone.

I personally couldn't give a flying banana whether there is a jetpack or not. The mystery is the fun part, but I don't believe you or your screenshot for a second and I think doing something like this both here and reddit is just taking a frustration too far.

In addition, the first tab to the right of the active tab is another Rockstar Support tab that has been covered over. At first I thought it was due to it perhaps showing your username, but I checked all pages on my computer and none of them ever show anything personal in the tab.

Any particular reason why that's blocked out? I admit that could be a plausible explanation, but it baffles me none-the-less.

• LegendaryMudkip and Xh0sa_NightMare like this

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by Meukay, 21 November 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I can only talk 4 myself but u get firmware/software updates even if ur consoles are offline if you want per USB etc.

And online gaming - I like couch coop or system link with some good friends in the same room better. I like to see their sad faces if they lost - LoL

but I think most guys that r offline hacked their consoles because of free games.

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for the exact position where the UFO is overing. I need to get the Space Docker there and Try the different Horn sounds. And like I said in another post, there is a horn sound that does not come back ofter, that sound like a distorded communication sound. Will try this (or please try if you have time).

Man, this was tried in the other 200 page thread that was locked a few weeks ago. 

I really am not trying to be a dick. 

But you guys have to start doing some research......

I hate repeating myself in redundant situations.... 

Nothing more redundant than repeating yourself in text. 

If the idea comes easy to you.... chances are it has been tried since the game has launched or you have that "Duh, I can't believe no one thought of it..." chances are they did and you aren't finding it.

Once again, sorry. 

Not trying to be a dick.

And I'm not tring to be a pain in the ass either. I have read more than 200 pages in here, and I would read more, if there was not so much "sh*t and bitching" about about people trying to help, people that ask the question more than once, people that troll, just to name theses.

You said that it has been tried, then good. I'll go try it myself too, just to be sure.

Because like I said already in another post, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be the combination of 2 or 3 conditions that will unlock the thing/cutscene/or else that will give us the jetpack.

I know how these things work, I have worked in the game industries for 12 years (not there anymore, but still) and I coded some condition like this a lot.

I know that a lot of you guys have been here for a long time. Sorry if I'm late, but I have other things to do that play, and if you ask my girlfriend, she will tell you that I play to much for her taste  :p.

But I really think that you all need to THINK like the team that developpe the game. To trigger a event/cutscene/unlock you need conditions.

So start seing it like this too.

ei: if (condition) then UNLOCK the goodies.

The conditions could mostly be: Have Character X, standing in that spot, between this and that time, doing this action.

But it could also be something simple has find the door (a door that no one thought it could open and just did (I really like the elevator door in fort Z)) and go through.

In GTA SA, we just entered the Area 52 (or something) and walked through a door and started descending underground.

Anyway, I'm just trying to help. So if you don't like what I say, just ignore me. If someone want to answer my question, a simple answer yes/no/ is ok too.

I'll do my part and hope that I'm the one who will find it or that something that I'm going to point/ask is going to light a bulb in someone head (someone like you who has been around that long) and make him find the jetpack/ufo/mystery. A simple thanks will be more than enough (and also how you did it, cause I want it too  ;) ).

So sorry again if I'm anoying you, but sometime it's faster to ask a question that can be answer rapidly by someone else, that having to read all the post just to find the answer. That way I can spend more time trying stuff in the game to unlock the damn thing.

That said, I'm going back to work.

Have a nice day all.

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

I was trying my theory out at the Arcadius, that there is an UFO above it, just like the hippie camp. My arguments for this is the logo of Arcadius, taken from Asteroids the arcade game. I was flying above the clouds, circling around then all of the sudden I get the same kind of interference on my UI and screen as you get from the hippie UFO, but I never found the same spot again. I thought it was my phone, but I tried texting, making phonecalls etc to see if it interfered with my monitor which it didn't. It might have been something else tho as I never found the spot with the interference again. :-/

are you on 100%?

Yes I am, I was flying as Franklin but his flying skill is low so the control over the chopper was not that great :-( I start to think it was nothing, as I never found the spot again but it still buggs me because the screen did the exact kind of interference thing as thie hippie ufo. I was like WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then conspiracing against my own equippment instead :;(

You should do the flying school with Franklin, you'll finish with 100% flying skil.

MrSelfdestructuk
  • MrSelfdestructuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Exactly benjmoose! Like I said I don't think r* support would know the big secret because someone would have leaked it by now considing it's the biggest mystery in the game!

• Skinvisible likes this

Zantus
  • Zantus

Forgotten Laundry

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by Zantus, 21 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Can anyone confirm that only by going to the PStore/Xbox Marketplace would the FZ Elevator open? Because if you join your friends/crew members through other sessions, the same camera effect also happens. If this is true, this could prove that the PStore/Marketplace trick is an important note.

And if possible, maybe if you could somehow join a friend that's in the same session as you were in, and you have tried opening the elevator in that same session before. Since only you can see it open, it might still be open for you when you return. I dunno.

LosingMyMind
  • LosingMyMind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Have been following this thread for a long time in the hope of the discovery of the jetpack and got to thinking about something someone said about the mural possible being solved in parts. I decided to join up to post my suggestion. Apologies if this has been said before but i can't honestly remember seeing it in the last 481 pages!

We know the two x's on the left side of the mural indicated the conditions for the Chiliad UFO (hence there being a UFO in the box on that side) so you could potentially consider the left side solved.

Looking at a top down view of Fort Zancudo, using the runway looking towards the sea as the centre line of the mural, is there any way the right hand side of the mural fits?

Of the three glyphs on the right hand side of the mural we have one with a beam coming down, one indicating 3am, and then the faded glyph. Could these glyphs explain the green light beam we see at 3am (although from reading this thread it does appear earlier i think) and the fact the UFO fades in and out of view depending on how close you get to it (aren't near my ps3 to check this happens but i think this may be the case).

I am near useless with photoshop etc but i know people on here have got some skills that may be able to do it? If it does, the three boxes could match up with buildings in Zancudo.

Sorry to ramble on but this was just an idea i had that i wanted to share, if i had the photoshop skills i would try overlaying the right side of the mural over Zancudo myself before posting anything! Thanks for reading

• Zantus likes this

Zantus
  • Zantus

Forgotten Laundry

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

This is the best I could do, LMM.

a9535b8b5d0964604f0328a48dcf79bf.png

I'm sorry if I didn't get it right, I didn't understand what you said much (English ain't my native language).

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

This is the best I could do, LMM.

a9535b8b5d0964604f0328a48dcf79bf.png

I'm sorry if I didn't get it right, I didn't understand what you said much (English ain't my native language).

Zancudo is sort of disappointing in this regard. I've tried overlaying the mural tons of different ways on the Fort in the past. It's very easy to get 3 (or possibly 4ish) boxes to match perfectly to either buildings or jet parking squares/hangars, but the fifth never does, no matter how you do it. Not without cheating anyway by stretching the image.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Quick question. Has anyone had it autosave after taking the lift to the top of Mt. Chiliad? It did it once but havent been able to get it to do it again.

One of the 100% requirements is to ride the lift.
Was it your first time riding it?

This is incorrect .It is not required for 100%

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Quick question. Has anyone had it autosave after taking the lift to the top of Mt. Chiliad? It did it once but havent been able to get it to do it again.

double checked, in the list of achievement, not required for 100%. but will autosave during 1st time ride

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by agonistes06, 21 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

it's listed in quite a few online lists that it is, and doing so affected my percentage as i recall.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

I had a strange thing happen trying to get into the zancudo control tower without getting wanted stars. I managed to get all the way just past the front doors with the chute, had my silenced weapon ready to shoot the gaurd out front, i still was not seen,

so ran in the doors expecting to see the soldiers that normally come filing out to shoot you, & instead there were 3 teenage boys sitting on the chairs just in the front entrance? 2 to the right & 1 that was on the chair by the back door you cant open.

UPDATE! to my above post from last night.

I have now successfully entered the Control tower twice now with no wanted stars, & guess what i found?

Instead of 3 boys sitting there i encountered 3 women this time? attempted to speak or interact with them but got nothing. They even stayed while i shot the entrance camera? wasnt until i whipped out the fone for a pic then the alarm sounded (i hadnt removed the camera yet down the hall, so guessing this is why when i moved by the metal detector to take these pics)

I know i had longer this time before alarm sounded (by shooting the camera straight away) as it allowed me to take a pic of the cctv monitors & the 2 pics of these characters (ive tried many times when on wanted level & has never let me photo them before)

1%20women%20on%20left%20side%20chairs.jp

2%20women%20on%20right%20side%20chairs.j

My conclusion: they are just randomly added characters (women/boys) triggered by entering the control tower without a wanted level. I will keep trying again, as i sacrificed a game save in there to get this evidence :(

cctv%20monitors.jpg

To kama0kazi, put that in your big trap & smoke it!

Didnt want to lower myself to their level, but calling me a liar & getting others to back you up because you dont have the skill to get in the control tower with no wanted level yourself, shows me exactly why i blocked you! A little boy with a big mouth & no skill to help this search!

This is real weird.  I was able to get into the base undetected as well by ditching out of a heli at dangerously low altitude. Saw a different scene then this though.  I held him at gunpoint and he ran out screaming setting off the alarm. 

The fact that we see different people though make me think its just a random NPC?

0_0.jpg

• Skinvisible likes this

Saichotix
  • Saichotix

Trolls make funny noises when you feed them.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

[quote name="stangone50" post="1064133585" timestamp="1385059616"][quote name="HakatoX" post="1064132510" timestamp="1385050613"]
[quote name="mhinder" post="1064132426" timestamp="1385049939"]

This is incorrect .It is not required for 100%[/quote]

It is a recorded activity on social club, so it has an auto save marker for first time use on new files.
  • HakatoX likes this

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Have been following this thread for a long time in the hope of the discovery of the jetpack and got to thinking about something someone said about the mural possible being solved in parts. I decided to join up to post my suggestion. Apologies if this has been said before but i can't honestly remember seeing it in the last 481 pages!

We know the two x's on the left side of the mural indicated the conditions for the Chiliad UFO (hence there being a UFO in the box on that side) so you could potentially consider the left side solved.

Looking at a top down view of Fort Zancudo, using the runway looking towards the sea as the centre line of the mural, is there any way the right hand side of the mural fits?

Of the three glyphs on the right hand side of the mural we have one with a beam coming down, one indicating 3am, and then the faded glyph. Could these glyphs explain the green light beam we see at 3am (although from reading this thread it does appear earlier i think) and the fact the UFO fades in and out of view depending on how close you get to it (aren't near my ps3 to check this happens but i think this may be the case).

I am near useless with photoshop etc but i know people on here have got some skills that may be able to do it? If it does, the three boxes could match up with buildings in Zancudo.

Sorry to ramble on but this was just an idea i had that i wanted to share, if i had the photoshop skills i would try overlaying the right side of the mural over Zancudo myself before posting anything! Thanks for reading

please wait i am trying to photoshop it but you need to tell me where the main eye should be

Spliffpanda
  • Spliffpanda

One weed to rule them all

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

IMHO the mural should be overlaid over the desert if any overlay is needed to solve anything at all in this puzzle. The hippie says "If you watch satellite pictures over the desert the rock formation lines up perfectly". He doesn't say this at random, nothing is random in this game :p

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

it's listed in quite a few online lists that it is, and doing so affected my percentage as i recall.

Logon to http://socialclub.ro...areer/checklist and you will see that riding the cable cart is one of the misc task that you can do, so It's will be recorded has such.

This page is great, you can see what you have done, what you need to do, even has a map at the bottom that let you display or not what you still have to do or what you have done...

YouWannaSolveThisMystery?
  • YouWannaSolveThisMystery?

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

"Awww shet nigga" but still, this doesn't explain the Alien runes!

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

IMHO the mural should be overlaid over the desert if any overlay is needed to solve anything at all in this puzzle. The hippie says "If you watch satellite pictures over the desert the rock formation lines up perfectly". He doesn't say this at random, nothing is random in this game :p

The quote is "If you look at satellite pictures of the desert, some rocks totally line up". Definitely not as sure-sounding as the 'perfectly line up' version of the quote, and I've been looking for ways for them to line up since first hearing that line (well before I started posting here, mind).

I'm beginning to start attributing inconsistencies and happenstance involving the hippies to it just being stupid hippie nonsense. Too much weed and not enough spatial awareness to actually get anything in their little colourful hippie monument to actually line up correctly with what they intended to portray.

For the record, screw jetpacks and screw pilotable UFO's, I'm just hoping for the mural and everything to actually lead to something other than the conclusion of "Oh, they were only supposed to help you find the UFO's, nothing else". I'm still holding out for something worthwhile to turn up.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

For the record, screw jetpacks and screw pilotable UFO's, I'm just hoping for the mural and everything to actually lead to something other than the conclusion of "Oh, they were only supposed to help you find the UFO's, nothing else". I'm still holding out for something worthwhile to turn up.

i agree.  i never was invested in a jetpack; i just wanted there to be something more to the newest in a series of games i found extremely challenging.  this one wasn't all that challenging, really.

even a secret mission would be the t right now.  or a new area, or anything.  my kingdom for a cutscene.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 21 November 2013 - 07:40 PM.

0_0.jpg

that guy looks an awful lot like Mad Dog the rapper from the original SA
you can find a current picture of him hanging on the wall in Franklin house

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users