Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

If you found the jet pack it would save and load that information to rockstar. Have you people not seen the social club? They know everything we do in game. They know that ,if there is a jetpack in game, no one has found it.

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

i am just gonna say one more thing, cause its bugging me. this isnt directed at anybody, its just an interesting thought...

if i did in fact get the jetpack, and it glitched, how the hell would i get my issue addressed? if they refuse to comment how can i get support. the space docker is an unlockable vehicle, does that mean they dont offer support for that either?

Think they'd acknowledge the glitch aspect - unable to save in garage type thing - rather than individual item. The car/garage thing was applicable to all cars so they acknowledged that - not my "Sabre GT can't save" as it wasn't specific to one type of vehicle.

Also, in a similar vein, it could be that a jetpack is classed as a weapon and in that case they'd acknowledge and address a "my weapons have glitched/disappeared" issue rather than a my AK47 is nerfed response.

2buxaslice
  • 2buxaslice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've done tech support for a video game company before and honestly we didn't have a lot of info for direct gameplay issues.  It was mostly issues with the game not running, crashing, color or graphical issues, things like that.  When someone would call up and have problems with in game controls or something that wasn't broken we couldn't really help them unless we were familiar with playing that game ourselves.  

However.  I wouldn't have given such a direct response as there is no jetpack!  

I don't like how sure the support person is in their response of there being no jetpack.  I think rockstar would have put into place a statement for handling easter egg questions.  

This to me sounds like there is no jetpack and that sucks because really that's what I was hoping to find.

tony.parente
  • tony.parente

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Have we tried taking the cargobob and lifting the space docker to the top of mt chiliad before the UFO comes and shoot its horn at it? I can't believe this hasn't been done yet.

• tdurbo and Dedou like this

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

If you found the jet pack it would save and load that information to rockstar. Have you people not seen the social club? They know everything we do in game. They know that ,if there is a jetpack in game, no one has found it.

most ppl I know play their consoles offline

me too btw

mhinder
  • mhinder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Not it wasn't. My oldest son was messing around looking for clues. Was the second or third time that night. Been at a 100 % for quite a while now

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by neku_neku, 21 November 2013 - 04:42 PM.

decoded! alien invasion hide behind an egg!

bbll.jpg

back on searching.. actually only the egg  and stickman symbol that still confused me. i agree that the five x's (look alike) refering to the gylphs found on the mountain, and the ufo symbol maybe for the sunken UFO. all i want to know is what the egg and stickman represent.

• Benjamoose, IM_A_AFOL, Skinvisible and 1 other like this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by HakatoX, 21 November 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Have we tried taking the cargobob and lifting the space docker to the top of mt chiliad before the UFO comes and shoot its horn at it? I can't believe this hasn't been done yet.

If you can't believe it's been done..
It prolly already has.....

In other words, yes it was done.
Like on of the first things tried.

Not it wasn't. My oldest son was messing around looking for clues. Was the second or third time that night. Been at a 100 % for quite a while now

That's the only reason it should have saved...
Was it the first time you let the ride go and not skip?

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've done tech support for a video game company before and honestly we didn't have a lot of info for direct gameplay issues.  It was mostly issues with the game not running, crashing, color or graphical issues, things like that.  When someone would call up and have problems with in game controls or something that wasn't broken we couldn't really help them unless we were familiar with playing that game ourselves.  

I don't like how sure the support person is in their response of there being no jetpack.  I think rockstar would have put into place a statement for handling easter egg questions.  

This to me sounds like there is no jetpack and that sucks because really that's what I was hoping to find.

I still think this was been taken out of context. To me it reads like the support guy has checked his stock replies and recognised game issues list not found any relating to a jet pack and has responded to that accordingly - no issue or listing to do with a jetpack.

Could have messaged him saying "my magic golden albatross is glitched and disappears when I die" and you'd probably get the same response as there would be no issues listed to do with disappearing mystic birds or even such a thing listed as a vehicle.

Also I think you'd get a similar reponse if you said "bigfoot keeps shooting me and I can't complete the mission" - they probably wouldn't acknowledge bigfoot as it's a discoverable easter egg.

I think the customer support guy replied out of term and this has been jumped up out of its true context 

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

me too btw

And by the same token, I don't know or have ever come across a single person who does not leave their console connected to the internet full-time.

Could be an age/geo-location thing?

Myself and all my mates are houseowners in the 30-45yr old bracket - living in an area with very good, affordable internet coverage.

• tdurbo and Fran_Halen like this

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

If you can't believe it's been done..
It prolly already has.....

In other words, yes it was done.
Like on of the first things tried.

That's the only reason it should have saved...
Was it the first time you let the ride go and not skip?

IIRC, didn't someone cargobob a cargobob which had in turn hooked onto a spacedocker with Franklyn driving it, whilst smoking a joint?

Maybe I dreamed that one...

• IM_A_AFOL likes this

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Meukay, on 21 Nov 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:snapback.png

me too btw

And by the same token, I don't know or have ever come across a single person who does not leave their console connected to the internet full-time.

Myself and all my mates are houseowners in the 30-45yr old bracket - living in an area with very good, affordable internet coverage.

yep, it also is an age/geo-location thing.

but I just wanted to say getting the jetpack does not mean R* knows it.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by HakatoX, 21 November 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Yeah, out here in Sacramento, California.
I don't think I have had a console off the internet since they released the network adapter for the PS2.
So, it very well could be location.
My hacked PS3 is online but not on PSN.
I update my save on my legit PS3 every so often.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I still think this was been taken out of context. To me it reads like the support guy has checked his stock replies and recognised game issues list not found any relating to a jet pack and has responded to that accordingly - no issue or listing to do with a jetpack.

Could have messaged him saying "my magic golden albatross is glitched and disappears when I die" and you'd probably get the same response as there would be no issues listed to do with disappearing mystic birds or even such a thing listed as a vehicle.

Also I think you'd get a similar reponse if you said "bigfoot keeps shooting me and I can't complete the mission" - they probably wouldn't acknowledge bigfoot as it's a discoverable easter egg.

I think the customer support guy replied out of term and this has been jumped up out of its true context 

I was about to say something like this. What if you just got a lazy customer service person who did a search in the vehicle database, found no jetpack and replied?

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Meukay, on 21 Nov 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:snapback.png

me too btw

yep, it also is an age/geo-location thing.

but I just wanted to say getting the jetpack does not mean R* knows it.

I see your angle and you could be spot on.

I just have a hunch it would trigger.

I work in data warehousing and BI and I'd be stunned if they don't have a nice big DW at Rockstar which is updated daily, if not hourly, with lovely summary stats on how many people have acquired certain achievements etc.

In my head, I see someone staring at:

Pedestrians run over: 174839274839

Cops wasted: 74738383927

Hookers picked up: 74832947382

Achievement/Award: Jetpacks acquired: 0

• Dedou likes this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by HakatoX, 21 November 2013 - 04:54 PM.

I was about to say something like this. What if you just got a lazy customer service person who did a search in the vehicle database, found no jetpack and replied?

Or the guy who was about to quit...

TIRED OF THESE PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT THIS GOD DAMNED JETPACK!

could you imagine having to deal with this thread times 1000 to the power of dumbass as a full time job?
Almost makes me feel sorry for them.
If I didn't need a job myself....

• jamston likes this

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Or the guy who was about to quit...
"TIRED OF THESE PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT THIS GOD DAMNED JETPACK!"
could you imagine having to deal with this thread times 1000 to the power of dumbass?

Well, to give them a break and a giggle, I've enquired as to why I cannot relocate my UFO from above Sandy Shores, to Michael/Franklyn's hangar.

I've queried why triangle (PS3) does not find and flip the hatch (possibly hauling out the pilot/driver) and get my character into it.

I've also stated it's a bit of a faff having to fly all the way up there and crash land a chopper on it to use it.

Let's see if I catch a bite on that one!

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

More ridiculous sh!t I've been trying to do up a mountain:

If you figure (as I do), that the Chiliad UFO appears pretty much above the little two-red-flag-marker, it's interesting to note that you can run a trail of fuel with the jerry can from here, up the hill, up the stairs, ZIG-ZAGGING all the way up, up up to the glyph under the platform.  There's pretty much exactly an entire 100 units of fuel required to lay out this route.

Naturally, if it's raining, it gets washed away before you can do much, but since the UFO remains after it's stopped raining, you can happily light it up from either end.  "The path is lit!"

The only problem with this; nothing happens whatsoever.

I thought about the most unlikely scenario for a GTA game and deliberately got arrested, so had no ammo or armour.  Went up there, rained, UFO... nothing happens whatsoever.

All I could glean from this utter waste of time when I should've been doing something else, was a general observation that it *seems* while the UFO is "active" (making a noise) I could toss grenades and smoke bombs at it for ages without a problem.  As soon as it stopped making a noise, the grenades immediately got me a wanted level.

In fact, if I remember my test correctly, I didn't even see the little red, expanding circle on my radar where the grenade explodes.  (Which I presume to be the noise/alarm radius within which people start reporting you to the police).  As soon as the UFO stopped it's racket, my grenades were suddenly causing the little red circles again and I straight away got a wanted star for my trouble.

The trouble here?  I've no idea what this means or if it's even useful.

My hunch these days is that the FIB deliberately erased the most important part of that "half-glyph" to give us something to work out.  The rest of it is pretty obvious-ish.  Although in real life I'm guessing the FBI would actually just move the mountain to a bunker instead.  Or... maybe just not have their UFO appearing as an image...  come to think of it; why would the FBI *want* their retro-engineered UFO to appear like that at the top of a mountain under certain conditions?

Argh, I've pretty much had it with this cr4p.

Thanks for the exact position where the UFO is overing. I need to get the Space Docker there and Try the different Horn sounds. And like I said in another post, there is a horn sound that does not come back ofter, that sound like a distorded communication sound. Will try this (or please try if you have time).

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by HakatoX, 21 November 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Thanks for the exact position where the UFO is overing. I need to get the Space Docker there and Try the different Horn sounds. And like I said in another post, there is a horn sound that does not come back ofter, that sound like a distorded communication sound. Will try this (or please try if you have time).

Man, this was tried in the other 200 page thread that was locked a few weeks ago. 

I really am not trying to be a dick. 

But you guys have to start doing some research......

I hate repeating myself in redundant situations.... 

Nothing more redundant than repeating yourself in text. 

If the idea comes easy to you.... chances are it has been tried since the game has launched or you have that "Duh, I can't believe no one thought of it..." chances are they did and you aren't finding it.

Once again, sorry. 

Not trying to be a dick.

• Skinvisible likes this

tony.parente
  • tony.parente

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

What about trying to land on the ufo on mt chiliad?

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'd be careful about the use of "exact position" there mate.

It's just my approximation of where it would seem it is roughly hovering, combined with an obvious landmark which I can describe in less than a thousand words of triangulation.

At times it seems like it's slightly to the right of this (as you look at it from the platform) - but you have to really fanny about trying to move forward and see the residual echo of the lights to get anywhere close to where it would be.

Re: the space docker - have fun testing it out - no harm trying, but as Hakky states, there are many people that have tried many things with the space docker, so don't be downhearted if nothing seems to happen.  But you never know, maybe you get lucky and it's down to timing and location and you manage to pull it off - give it a go!

/diplomatic mode

• tdurbo likes this

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Like your thinking - however, it is only visible when near the glyph under the platform and even then, the rocket launcher fires *through* it.

It's not a solid "thing" like the other UFOs.

Keep the ideas coming - we like the fresh ones best.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Are you being serious? 

Cause if yer playing... Heh, good one. 

If not... 

Please go to youtube and search yer ideas first

If you can't find it try google real quick. 

Not saying I won't help.

Cause almost everyone here knows I will. 

But I don't want you to think you are being ignored by the rest either. 

Youtube is a great tool to utilize as it has helped many of us discover and see things we normally wouldn't

• dAfTpUnK2010 likes this

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

:lol: dude read the 1st page only - list of tried ideas

no offence im not asking you to read 400++ pages

its alreaady tried

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I am still baffled by the purpose of the UFOs

Kinda weak compared to the other 100% perks we got before

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

A cracked boulder isn't an egg so you can't say each symbol is a literal representation. So what could that icon represent if it isn't a literal jetpack?

My 6 year old (i think she never saw a jet pack, but with cartoons one can't be sure) thought when i showed her the mural was:

UFO;

Dino egg; and

ET man (it looks like an ET man she said)...

Alien beeing held somewhere that will be beamed up?...

I have to say, that if we find a "REAL" alien in game, maybe hurt by torture or something, and that he want to go back to his people, The Hippi Camp would be a good place to start looking to beam him up. Just saying.

tony.parente
  • tony.parente

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

What about overlying the mural on the mountain to see if it takes us to a secret passageway or something?

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by tonywehbe, 21 November 2013 - 05:20 PM.

What about overlying the mural on the mountain to see if it takes us to a secret passageway or something?

man are you serious ?

• Bongwatre and dAfTpUnK2010 like this

MrSelfdestructuk
  • MrSelfdestructuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I doubt rockstar support will know if the jetpack exists, come on if they did, this would have been outed 2 days after release, my guess is only a handfull of r* employees will know the mystery to keep it a mystery, however there is a mystery there to be solved!

Ps maybe someone should try r* support again but instead of jetpack say your ufo ain't flying properly

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I asked this a couple of post back. You don't need the cargobob to get the Space Docker there, use the East side of Mount Chiliad to climb. In Fact, the Low Gravity that the Space Docker has (yes, it's lighter) you can almost climb the mt. chiliad from any side, almost to the top of it. Ok sometime you need to find the right angle that the physic let you move forward, but I climbed thoses slope from the south, south east, south west and also north east side. 

But other than this, I suggested that we tried the different horn sound... Try them out one by one, multiple time, you will find that there is one that sound very particuliar, almost like a old phone modem 14k or something. I did not see the ufo on top of mount chiliad yet, did not had the right condition (never had rain up there), but I want to try this. Put the car near the south side, near the red flags and find the right horn sound. If you can try this, let me know, because I want to try this, just don't have that much time to play theses day.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users