Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 21 November 2013 - 04:57 AM.

You guys are over thinking the Sand Glyph.

It's just telling you there is a UFO above the Hippy Camp.

Look at the clues the sand Glyph gives you and then look at the Hippy Camp, 3 things match EXACTLY.

Now, whether the Sand Glyph and the "Beam" glyph found on Chiliad are one in the same is something to be debated still.

I wish i can see that?
just taking a guess. are you meaning the 3 things are?

arrow, ufo, wow signal? or the glyph also excluding 1 other?

close to the glyph with the wow signal and the arrow in the sand, there is a [hylon with a red arrow, you follow that direction, it leads you to the hippy camp, but to another red arrow in the entrance of the camp, this time leading us to the north west of the map. We cant assume that the glyph on the sand tells you there is an ufo over the hippy camp because it is pointing at another arrow that leads us elsewhere

07151977 remember that number

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

ur always a day late and a post short lol

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

ur always a day late and a post short lol

Didn't I bring that date up last week?

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 21 November 2013 - 05:23 AM.

Personally i feel the sand glyph was placed there (not in the hippie camp at all) for a reason. Also the hippie site wow signal is highlighted (black & white) not cryptic or hidden amongst the drawings as many of the others have. It was made to stand out, it doesnt fit any other part of that site, in form, color or design. This ensured it would be noticed.

Also the same tower glyph on chiliad was the easiest to find by far, was twice the size of the next glyph, & placed near the top of the mountain in plain view (not skipping cable car ride you could even see it) so why is that 1 been handed to us?

& then to add both together in a sand glyph with an arrow pointing at chiliad direction or a radio tower in sandy shores or the lookout direction sign, & with the wow signal minus the 6?

it just sounds rather odd thinking to me. & worth figuring out.

*edited: i meant odd that they gave us 2 obvious & not even hidden clues, & combined them in the sand glyph. Why didnt they make 1 of them difficult to find?

as POWA below has posted, R* gave us the clues so easy, the answer could be the hardest yet to figure out.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:11 AM Edited by POWA, 21 November 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Personally i feel the sand glyph was placed there (not in the hippie camp at all) for a reason.

Also the same tower glyph on chiliad was the easiest to find by far

& then to add both together in a sand glyph with an arrow pointing at a radio tower in sandy shores or the lookout direction sign, & with the wow signal minus the 6?

it just sounds rather odd thinking to me. & worth figuring out.

They made it easy to find, but they made what to do when you found it harder to find; hence the sand glyph. The arrow and the missing 6 are the clues to that glyph. That's what I think.

If it is the lighthouse in the fog. Maybe the arrow means point the light in the arrow direction at 6am/pm? I hate guessing.

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

Look at the clues the sand Glyph gives you and then look at the Hippy Camp, 3 things match EXACTLY.

Now, whether the Sand Glyph and the "Beam" glyph found on Chiliad are one in the same is something to be debated still.

I wish i can see that?

close to the glyph with the wow signal and the arrow in the sand, there is a [hylon with a red arrow, you follow that direction, it leads you to the hippy camp, but to another red arrow in the entrance of the camp, this time leading us to the north west of the map. We cant assume that the glyph on the sand tells you there is an ufo over the hippy camp because it is pointing at another arrow that leads us elsewhere

We can assume it means that, actually.

Nothing else even comes close to matching the sand glyph, which has 3 exact matches(on the right sides no less).

It might not be the end of the puzzle on the red arrow side but, the first arrow points you to the Hippy Camp, which is also the sand glyph.

Them together reinforces the idea that the arrow is pointing to the camp. 

Arrow pointing and a picture to show you where exactly it is pointing.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by askinnywhitedildo, 21 November 2013 - 05:23 AM.

Has anyone thought this camp may have something in it? The Altruist, hippies, and military all have their own spots and they all play a role. Maybe these people and their settlement play a role too.

0_0.jpg

• Fran_Halen likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

I wish i can see that?

We can assume it means that, actually.

Nothing else even comes close to matching the sand glyph, which has 3 exact matches(on the right sides no less).

It might not be the end of the puzzle on the red arrow side but, the first arrow points you to the Hippy Camp, which is also the sand glyph.

Them together reinforces the idea that the arrow is pointing to the camp. 

Arrow pointing and a picture to show you where exactly it is pointing.

I'm not sure if this is related to the arrow thing, but I saw this in Paleto Bay recently. I searched the thread and didn't see it listed. 

http://socialclub.ro...NcEOSCVF_F5hROQ

• Wanderer800 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just found this in the camp I just posted about above.

0_0.jpg

The answer is right infront of us...

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Has anyone thought this camp may have something in it? The Altruist, hippies, and military all have their own spots and they all play a role. Maybe these people and their settlement play a role too.

I have been right through 'dignity village' nothing interesting found there. also checked out the house across the little bridge, nothing exciting there also. searched mountain behind & power station next to it, couldnt blow anything up there tho.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

I have been right through 'dignity village' nothing interesting found there.

Apart from a further clue relating to the Infinite 8 killer.

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

0_0.jpg

this quote is about the poverty problem in america, how many of you look at homeless people in the eyes?

• YouWannaSolveThisMystery? likes this

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:57 AM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 21 November 2013 - 06:13 AM.

So I'm wandering around Sandy Shores right now, took out my buzzard and decided to try to blow up a few radio towers (maybe piss off some aliens in the process, who knows?). I went after the one in Sandy Shores itself, missiles hit the top-most portion of it no problem, indestructible though, didn't see anything worthwhile on top either.

But then I go to a few of the others, and the missiles phase right through them, despite them being essentially the same tower as the one by the Sandy Shores Sheriff's Office. The difference I noticed is that unlike Sandy Shores, those ones have a much less detailed section at the top, whereas the one in the town itself has a very detailed peak, with a small catwalk and electric box and etc.

Was there a sniper segment here, or some point where an NPC stood up there, trying to shoot at you? Because that's the only way something like that would make sense. There's not even a ladder you can use to get up there (as far as I've checked), and the only way to reach the top is by getting lucky jumping out of a helicopter.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, slipped my mind probably.

EDIT: Managed to land on top of it, nothing special to report, going to wait a while, see if anything happens.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

this quote is about the poverty problem in america, how many of you look at homeless people in the eyes?

I thought it might a little off the point we're looking for. Either way, that's all I saw at that camp that stood out. May mean the answer is infront of us, or something about the homeless. Guess it doesn't really matter, cause it answered nothing.

And this whole invading FZ undetected stuff, or really a lot of the FZ discussion. 

We all seem to be spending time here, thinking sneaking in and stuff will make the elevator door open. I'm not going to say it's wrong, because even I am still trying to do it. But I think FZ will only really open up to us once we trigger a event or make something else happen. I don't think we're wasting time on FZ, but surely this whole mystery doesn't revolve around FZ alone and the things we think we may need to do in FZ. 

But at the same time, it's really weird how being in the elevator bunker doesnt warrant a wanted level. That must by some means, mean that the elevator is a entrance or exit where that area is a safe zone for us. Because we wouldn't unlock that door and die trying to get in, or get killed trying to leave it. Because no other spot in FZ will let you stay there and not get wanted. So that bunker must mean something if we dont get wanted there. 

Garo
  • Garo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

How funny would that be if askinnywhitedildo had the only stuff needed to solve it? they'd ask, "who solved it?" Oh a skinny white dildo, no seriously a skinny white dildo hahahah
  • pnuta likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

How funny would that be if askinnywhitedildo had the only stuff needed to solve it? they'd ask, "who solved it?" Oh a skinny white dildo, no seriously a skinny white dildo hahahah

I always lurked these forums. And before the game came out, I saw that just everyone was trolling. So I joined to just mess with people, and I made a really retarded name on purpose.

And now since this mystery, I'm being serious with everything, so now I'm stuck with a really dumb name...

• tdurbo, Slash59, tonywehbe and 1 other like this

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

I always lurked these forums. And before the game came out, I saw that just everyone was trolling. So I joined to just mess with people, and I made a really retarded name on purpose.

And now since this mystery, I'm being serious with everything, so now I'm stuck with a really dumb name...

Call it karma, or irony. Both of them can be a bitch.

Meanwhile, Trevor just face-planted onto the Blaine County Sheriff's Office rooftop, so if something was going to happen while I was on that radio tower, I don't think I'm going to see what it was.

wild aminal it is
  • wild aminal it is

"Nice Marmot"

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

This must have been mentioned before, I searched but didn't find it...

There is a string of lights in the hippy ufo camp that connects the tree to the ufo-car, to a campsite, up a mountain to a triangle of lights above a moon glyph (then branches out...) Reverse the direction and the lights go towards the tree. The path is lit?

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

I had a strange thing happen trying to get into the zancudo control tower without getting wanted stars. I managed to get all the way just past the front doors with the chute, had my silenced weapon ready to shoot the gaurd out front, i still was not seen,

so ran in the doors expecting to see the soldiers that normally come filing out to shoot you, & instead there were 3 teenage boys sitting on the chairs just in the front entrance? 2 to the right & 1 that was on the chair by the back door you cant open.

UPDATE! to my above post from last night.

I have now successfully entered the Control tower twice now with no wanted stars, & guess what i found?

Instead of 3 boys sitting there i encountered 3 women this time? attempted to speak or interact with them but got nothing. They even stayed while i shot the entrance camera? wasnt until i whipped out the fone for a pic then the alarm sounded (i hadnt removed the camera yet down the hall, so guessing this is why when i moved by the metal detector to take these pics)

I know i had longer this time before alarm sounded (by shooting the camera straight away) as it allowed me to take a pic of the cctv monitors & the 2 pics of these characters (ive tried many times when on wanted level & has never let me photo them before)

1%20women%20on%20left%20side%20chairs.jp

2%20women%20on%20right%20side%20chairs.j

My conclusion: they are just randomly added characters (women/boys) triggered by entering the control tower without a wanted level. I will keep trying again, as i sacrificed a game save in there to get this evidence :(

cctv%20monitors.jpg

To kama0kazi, put that in your big trap & smoke it!

Didnt want to lower myself to their level, but calling me a liar & getting others to back you up because you dont have the skill to get in the control tower with no wanted level yourself, shows me exactly why i blocked you! A little boy with a big mouth & no skill to help this search!

• Fran_Halen likes this

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

I think characters react depending on if they carry a weapon or not... dont think there is any difference apart from clothes and what they say... if you meet someone with a weapon they get hostile and shoot if they are unarmed they run or cry and be fearful... apart from if you are unarmed like when u steal a car unarmed they attack if you pull a gun they run.

In that case it's Trev in the dress with a minigun and bollox to the wind for me!!! :)

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

I had a strange thing happen trying to get into the zancudo control tower without getting wanted stars. I managed to get all the way just past the front doors with the chute, had my silenced weapon ready to shoot the gaurd out front, i still was not seen,

so ran in the doors expecting to see the soldiers that normally come filing out to shoot you, & instead there were 3 teenage boys sitting on the chairs just in the front entrance? 2 to the right & 1 that was on the chair by the back door you cant open.

UPDATE! to my above post from last night.

I have now successfully entered the Control tower twice now with no wanted stars, & guess what i found?

Instead of 3 boys sitting there i encountered 3 women this time? attempted to speak or interact with them but got nothing. They even stayed while i shot the entrance camera? wasnt until i whipped out the fone for a pic then the alarm sounded (i hadnt removed the camera yet down the hall, so guessing this is why when i moved by the metal detector to take these pics)

I know i had longer this time before alarm sounded (by shooting the camera straight away) as it allowed me to take a pic of the cctv monitors & the 2 pics of these characters (ive tried many times when on wanted level & has never let me photo them before)

1%20women%20on%20left%20side%20chairs.jp

2%20women%20on%20right%20side%20chairs.j

My conclusion: they are just randomly added characters (women/boys) triggered by entering the control tower without a wanted level. I will keep trying again, as i sacrificed a game save in there to get this evidence :(

cctv%20monitors.jpg

Didnt want to lower myself to their level, but calling me a liar & getting others to back you up because you dont have the skill to get in the control tower with no wanted level yourself, shows me exactly why i blocked you! A little boy with a big mouth & no skill to help this search!

Did you got a chance to go to the top? I'm wondering if they are different aswell. Just to be sure.

ImperiumSineFine
  • ImperiumSineFine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by ImperiumSineFine, 21 November 2013 - 08:46 AM.

The plot thickens or masquerades ?

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 21 November 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Did you got a chance to go to the top? I'm wondering if they are different aswell. Just to be sure.

No :( was so determined to prove i was right, the whole idea was to get a savepoint in there before it sounds alarm. i got confused when it wasnt the boys actually lol you know yourself when you see something nobody else has, or first time before you had seen on net etc, can do. as alarm sounded then 2 soldiers rushed in the door & killed me, as i was still holding my god dam fone :D but im atleast happy i got proof!

to me the alarm is the stumbling block. even hiding in bunker removes wanted level, but the siren still sounds tho, you make a save there when siren is going, but it isnt on the reload?

Also cameras seem to be like 2-3 secs behind on seeing you & alarm. If you notice there are 10 cctv monitors but after doing this nearly all day to get in again. i can confirm there is 11 cameras, so where is the monitor for that 1?

You can follow a path & shoot all these cameras without being seen, but somehow in the stairwell they see you (radio saying they spotted you) yet can never see or find a camera? (maybe only when you have a wanted level?)

I will work on a save in there first, then work through the cameras without being spotted.

*re-edited* hmm.. if anybody can spot the wrong image on the monitors for camera placements let us know. Im guessing between the classroom & the office near the top.

Control tower cameras:

1=entrance-left corner

2=classroom-left front corner

3=above stairwell entrance-right side

4=above bottom lift-right side

5=stairwell level 7-left side corner above stairs

6=dataroom entrance=left side above door

7/8=data room-far back left & above doorway

9=office floor-left side of door in corner

10/11=control room-above stairs left side corner & left side corner rear of room

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

hakatox and eramverdes thank you, i have great respect for hakatox. i dont know you, eramverdes, but you guys speak some truth.

thing is, if someone comes in with an open mind, im happy to hear any theory, even old ones.

but if you come here thinking you are smarter than us (as a collective) and your theory is a fact, for no other reason than it is your theory, don't expect respect.

if you have a theory, we will hear it, but prepare to be humbled because we have heard a lot. no need to act like we are all stupid.

And this should go the same for anyone who has been here since day one.

The key rule? Be f*cking civil.  Even if you're champing at the bit to unleash caps lock riddled fury at someone and denounce their sins to the users of a gaming forum, be f*cking civil.

And let them have the last word from time to time, it makes you look like you have the bigger dick.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

No :( was so determined to prove i was right, the whole idea was to get a savepoint in there before it sounds alarm. i got confused when it wasnt the boys actually lol you know yourself when you see something nobody else has, or first time before you had seen on net etc, can do.

to me the alarm is the stumbling block. even hiding in bunker removes wanted level, but the siren still sounds tho, you make a save there when siren is going, but it isnt on the reload?

Also cameras seem to be like 2-3 secs behind on seeing you & alarm. If you notice there are 10 cctv monitors but after doing this nearly all day to get in again. i can confirm there is 11, so where is the monitor for that 1?

You can follow a path & shoot all these cameras without being seen, but somehow in the stairwell they see you (radio saying they spotted you) yet can never see or find a camera?

I will work on a save in there then work through the cameras without beinmg spotted. only 1 i cant see i could get & maybe 11th camera? is in the classroom.

Completely off-topic, but I love your avatar EZ.  I'm a huge Dredd fan so it's good to see some Mean Machine!

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

And this should go the same for anyone who has been here since day one.

The key rule? Be f*cking civil. 

Hear, hear!

violateddolphin
  • violateddolphin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

[quote name="MrEZmoneymaker" post="1064129897" timestamp="1385022170"]

[quote name="MrEZmoneymaker" post="1064123272" timestamp="1384960198"]

Didnt want to lower myself to their level, but calling me a liar & getting others to back you up because you dont have the skill to get in the control tower with no wanted level yourself, shows me exactly why i blocked you! A little boy with a big mouth & no skill to help this search![/quote]

Epic! Im glad you managed to get a pic, I believed ya!

B.v.A.
  • B.v.A.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Being civil on the net is very hard for nono`s

MrSelfdestructuk
  • MrSelfdestructuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I still think the position of the glyphs are significant, I spent 3 hours looking at the last night with no avail, we need to figure out how they relate to the ufos especially if they give away their possitions but they don't even face them? But they do not all face the same way and some are at angles, it must have some significance

roadkill6creator
  • roadkill6creator

Dazed and Confused

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Did anyone notice the colourcodes on the sidewalk at the observatory?  maybe those combined with the shadows of the statues give clues.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users