Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 21 November 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Not sure what you are asking but the Hippie camp shows the WOW signal in its entirety. 6EQUJ5. So why is the 6 missing from the sand glyph?, it only reads EQUJ5.

There's the detail I missed. I've been over the sand glyph several times, actually never saw the Wow! Signal there. Going to head over and see for myself.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

Brainstorm why the sand glyph is missing the 6. I feel this is odd. Is there some signifigance to the 6, or signifigance to what remains?

I keep hearing people mentioning a missing '6', and usually in relation to the Wow! signal or sand glyph by the Hippie Camp. Did I miss something when reading up on the Wow! signal?

The reason it interests me is the fact the hippie camp has this signal code painted in huge letters on it. Wasnt hidden or made to not look like a clue.

Hippie%20camp%20image.jpg

Yet the tower glyph behind the hippie camp with the WOW signal next to it is missing the 6? Thats a pretty big mistake if thats what it was?

desert%20glyph%20image.jpg

whats it mean? have no idea yet, as ive only just started to look at the hippie site & its clues myself.

Hoping others who have worked on this part already maybe able to shed some light on it? Maybe a frequency needed for zancudo, to open something? just speculating at the mo, but it means something!

original%20wow%20signal%20code.JPG

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

^ Could the mountain/radio tower symbol be representative of the missing 6 somehow? Grasping at straws a bit, but I'm stumped otherwise.

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 21 November 2013 - 03:02 AM.

desert%20glyph%20image.jpg

whats it mean? have no idea yet, as ive only just started to look at the hippie site & its clues myself.

Hoping others who have worked on this part already maybe able to shed some light on it? Maybe a frequency needed for zancudo, to open something? just speculating at the mo, but it means something!

Just got over there (I love cabs). I'm looking closely, and the stupid bushes don't help, but it looks that in both this image, and over on my end, there's definitely part of -something- in the top-right of the glyph. The texturing around the glyph seems to be layered with some generic sand grain, combined with a decal fade-out. If the 6 is in the actual glyph decal, it might have been accidentally blurred out in the corner by whoever was placing/hiding the glyph.

If it -isn't- a part of the glyph decal, then there's definitely a mystery, if it was intentional. All comes down to finding the decal in the game's files, I think.

Considering the amount of effort I put into arbitrarily trying to apply some sort of logic to the colours and shapes on the Hippie Camp 'box' mountain and the Hippie Camp 'Station Wagon UFO' mountain, I'm going to have another look at the pillars, and take images of the designs painted on them.

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Maybe the q is the 6 but upside down ,as its in a different case to the 1 at the hippie camp?

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 21 November 2013 - 02:47 AM.

Just adding to help those attempting the control tower. If you want to make a quick save in there? do not make it in the rooms etc. you will load it & there will be a soldier directly infront of you that will hit you with their gun. I found saving in the elevators the best place for this, as the soldiers never spawn in there, but there will be one directly outside it tho. Also the cameras respawn, so you will have to destroy the ones you did before saving again (if this actually needs to be done?)

Also after a few trials, i found escaping the wanted level by hiding in the bunker will remove wanted level, but the siren will be still sounding? if you quick save in there, when reloaded it will start with no stars & no siren. The tower save will however load with siren going & stars, thats why im trying to get a save in the tower elevator with no stars & siren, & hopefully this will give me a better chance at testing things.

But after 200+hrs of official game time, i have only managed to get into the tower once without stars, so it isnt that easy.

• jamston likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

I have been working on this theory for some time now.  I believe there is a way to get undetected into the fort.

What I have noticed is no matter how long you kill off soldiers if the alarm is going, they will keep coming.  If you do not set off the alarm some of them do not seem to repopulate.  I have narrowed it down to 2 different types of soldiers in the base.  (3 if you count tankguys)

1) Lookout's  

These guys stay stationary in fixed parts.  I have counted 5 of them so far. They are standing with binoculars looking out at different locations.  One is at both enterances and the rest are up in towers.  These soldiers do NOT respawn until you die.

2) Roaming troops -

These guys will actually leave the base and persuit you. They also seem to have an interest in whats going on around the base, take this deer I ran over.  I believe they are like cops and will infa-respawn.

What I have been doing is standing outside the base, sniping the people from these towers.  When I get a wanted level that starts to go away I pause a few times and collect where all the non-moving guys are.  I lose the wanted level, rinse and repeat taking out the stationary troops. 

I have a save game going now with most of them killed off.  I have done many fort runs and kind of get the feeling for how things are and I do believe that I am able to go more undetected now.  Usually I can get a wanted level without seing a guard, now by killing off the "main lookouts" I am only tripping a wanted level when I am immediatly seen by a foot soldier.

I wonder if total control is possible. Maybe something different happens (like the red alarm light stops spinning outside UFO bunker) if you trigger no alarms going in. Who knows but it is def fun "thining the heard"

The guard at the gate remains dead but the lookouts spawn again after I lose my wanted level. I noticed the guard at the gate is back when I load my game save. I'm probably not doing it the same way since you are getting results. Keep up the good work and I'm sure we're all interested in hearing how this angle pans out :^:

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 21 November 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Maybe the q is the 6 but upside down ,as its in a different case to the 1 at the hippie camp?

Then we would be missing the Q? :D

I also thought the bush next to it was a pain, & used to hide it, tried setting on fire to no avail.

^ Could the mountain/radio tower symbol be representative of the missing 6 somehow? Grasping at straws a bit, but I'm stumped otherwise.

This is what im thinking it was added to this glyph image for. What radio tower do we know nothing about that is out of place? only the Altruist camp one to me.

Or maybe the satellite dish (fib & scientists hang around)

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

I think the spacedockers light will reveal a code/message when useing it in the right place at night ,,sort of like the uv light and map
  • Dedou likes this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Could represent both ?

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by Benjamoose, 21 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

Maybe the people shooting the Alien type movie in the studio are re-enacting something that happened in Los santos? Or maybe michaels big movie is about his abduction from that one mission?

You can actually watch meltdown at the theater IIRC.  The alien movie is called "Deep Inside" im pretty sure.

0_0.jpg

This was several pages ago, but nobody corrected those worrying about "Deep Inside", from what I could see.

"Meltdown" is the movie that Michael is involved with (obviously).

"Deep Inside" is the James Bond parody movie that Franklin steals the JB-700 car from during the mission (which is also called) "Deep Inside".

If there is anything more to be found at the movie studio, the above two movie names are unrelated from what I can tell and wont be involved. So you folks looking into the second movie can rest easy.

• jamston likes this

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Then we would be missing the Q? :D

I also thought the bush next to it was a pain, & used to hide it, tried setting on fire to no avail.

This is what im thinking it was added to this glyph image for. What radio tower do we know nothing about that is out of place? only the Altruist camp one to me.

Well, I think I'm starting to lose it again. Thought "hmn, radio towers. radio stations. Missing 6. Missing number..."

One thing led to another, and I decided 'Space 103.2' was what I needed. Crazy person logic, INITIATE!

103.2. 1 0 3 2. 1+0+3+2=6.

So, I'm going to see if there's any way to identify where the radio stations are broadcasting from, and if there isn't, I' think I'll just end my night by crashing a plane into the Fort Zancudo UFO while listening to 'Space 103.2'.

I'm not sure how serious I am about that pile of insanity I've just typed, to be honest.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

Not sure what you are asking but the Hippie camp shows the WOW signal in its entirety. 6EQUJ5. So why is the 6 missing from the sand glyph?, it only reads EQUJ5.

There's the detail I missed. I've been over the sand glyph several times, actually never saw the Wow! Signal there. Going to head over and see for myself.

Looking deeper into the real investigation of the WOW signal, it was believed by many researchers that the signal was from a space lighthouse so to speak. The signal started weak, got stronger, then faded, as coming from a revolving beacon. Many things tried near the lighthouse, but this information seem to strongly indicate the lighthouse plays a major part.

Highly speculative: Even to the possibility the lit tree is actually a representation of the lighthouse, putting the POI looking section further out.

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Space 103.2 is on top of MOUNT GORDO ?? Weird

marioGuerrero
  • marioGuerrero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

Quick question. Has anyone had it autosave after taking the lift to the top of Mt. Chiliad? It did it once but havent been able to get it to do it again. 

It happens because using the lift is an activity, you can check it in your social club, it saves only once because it checks as done. Is just like when you use the hollywood tour bus the first time it saves too.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by POWA, 21 November 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Maybe it's missing on purpose. In the location that the hippie camp represents, you call or do whatever with the full WOW signal. In the area where the hidden glyph represents, you call or do whatever with the partial signal.

Edit: I like the 103.2 radio station idea. That would negate my idea above about the partial WOW signal.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Another speculation: The missing 6 could be telling us the time for a transmission. We also need to get away from thinking everything would revolve around 3 just because the Chiliad Ufo appears at that time.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

My brain wont stop. When is a lighthouse most needed? When its foggy.
Put the glyph together that could be fog with the glyph with the beam.

Lighthouse during fog.....now what are the possibilities here? Not sure what else to add.
  • rimer888 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by askinnywhitedildo, 21 November 2013 - 03:34 AM.

The missing 6?

probably dumb for me to say. But the concrete wall in Vinewood hills that has 1807 written on it. 1-8 = 6. 7+1 = 6.

Again, probably dumb but still. 

EDIT

Thats so f*cking wrong LOL. I'm just gunna leave it there for you guys to laugh at. I feel so stupid now HAHA

• tdurbo and rimer888 like this

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by POWA, 21 November 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Lighthouse during fog.....now what are the possibilities here? Not sure what else to add.

That would work with the glyphs. For Chiliad, we have the rain and 3am glyphs. The plain glyph would represent being able to see the 2 ufos at any time. The tower one and the faded one would represent the lighthouse when foggy.

Does that mean another ufo at that time or something else significant? Who knows, but it does fit nicely.

I realize this has probably already been suggested hundreds of pages back, but I can't remember. I know the faded one representing fog has, but I don't know about the lighthouse and the fog together.

• rimer888 likes this

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by [email protected], 21 November 2013 - 04:15 AM.

That would work with the glyphs. For Chiliad, we have the rain and 3am glyphs. The plain glyph would represent being able to see the 2 ufos at any time. The tower one and the faded one would represent the lighthouse when foggy.

Does that mean another ufo at that time or something else significant? Who knows, but it does fit nicely.

I realize this has probably already been suggested hundreds of pages back, but I can't remember. I know the faded one representing fog has, but I don't know about the lighthouse and the fog together.
If the 6 is giving us truly a clue pointing to the time, this would be 3 glyphs showing conditions, and time.

Lighthouse, fog, 6am or 6pm.
Requiring 3 conditions may sound crazy, but this is a good way for Rockstar to make the prize less likely to be stumbled upon, pushing for people to actually solve the puzzle.

Now what to do.
Chute on the top of it and be standing on the top balcony?
See if the door opens?
Fly above it?
Be in a boat a ways out from it if we believe the tree represents it? Large cars like the one at the hippie camp are often referred to as boats lol.

Garo
  • Garo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

Maybe something like this
1. Go to the top of chiliad and see the ufo at 3am,
2.Then parachute from there to the light house by 6am

Not sure from there but maybe it's worth a try

Xx-Starchild-xX
  • Xx-Starchild-xX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

No jetpack yet? :)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

You guys are over thinking the Sand Glyph.

It's just telling you there is a UFO above the Hippy Camp.

Look at the clues the sand Glyph gives you and then look at the Hippy Camp, 3 things match EXACTLY.

Now, whether the Sand Glyph and the "Beam" glyph found on Chiliad are one in the same is something to be debated still.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

If the 6 is giving us truly a clue pointing to the time, this would be 3 glyphs showing conditions, and time.

Lighthouse, fog, 6am or 6pm.
Requiring 3 conditions may sound crazy, but this is a good way for Rockstar to make the prize less likely to be stumbled upon, pushing for people to actually solve the puzzle.

Now what to do.
Chute on the top of it and be standing on the top balcony?
See if the door opens?
Fly above it?
Be in a boat a ways out from it if we believe the tree represents it? Large cars like the one at the hippie camp are often referred to as boats lol.

The theory of the glyphs being conditions & location pointer sound better than a beam idea (just my opinion).

This still matches what we know of the others regarding chiliad ufo & foggy weather does. I dismissed this earlier due to no real evidence of any ufo needing these conditions that were known (to narrow my search area)

If the tower symbol (its what im saying it is that is all) could be a lighthouse? then atleast it has more merit when you add another condition & the missing time. Finding a connection to a lighthouse or tower during these conditions is the hard part.

I know i tried in vain for a week for a 3am raining on chiliad game save :(

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by POWA, 21 November 2013 - 04:39 AM.

It's been said before that the car with the ufo in the hippie camp looks like the lighthouse from above being on that little island surrounded by blue. I don't know what we would do though with fog and the lighthouse. Maybe the light reveals something else in the fog? IDK.

I think it would be easier to get fog in the morning, but how often does it happen?

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by mateolanda1, 21 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

Wow Signal As described by wiki: The Wow! signal was a strong narrowband radio signal detected by Jerry R. Ehman on August 15, 1977, while working on a SETI project at the Big Ear radio telescope of The Ohio State University then located at Ohio Wesleyan University's Perkins Observatory, Delaware, Ohio.[1] The signal bore expected hallmarks of potential non-terrestrial and non-Solar System origin. It lasted for the full 72-second duration that Big Ear observed it, but has not been detected again. The signal has been the subject of significant media attention.

Big Ear? i haave heard something like that in this thread

the big ear thing probably is the obdervatory.

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Big Ear refers to the Zancudo ufo when you rearrange the words on it which says "easter egg at big ear" or something to that effect.

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Big Ear refers to the Zancudo ufo when you rearrange the words on it which says "easter egg at big ear" or something to that effect.

radobs.gif

This is the real big ear thing, but there is nothing like this in the game though

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

You guys are over thinking the Sand Glyph.

It's just telling you there is a UFO above the Hippy Camp.

Look at the clues the sand Glyph gives you and then look at the Hippy Camp, 3 things match EXACTLY.

Now, whether the Sand Glyph and the "Beam" glyph found on Chiliad are one in the same is something to be debated still.

I wish i can see that?
just taking a guess. are you meaning the 3 things are?

arrow, ufo, wow signal? or the glyph also excluding 1 other?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users