Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by kama0kazi, 20 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

seriously?
learn the flow before trying to direct it.
Take it from someone who was doing exactly what you are doing now....

Look at my sig...
CONSTANT ongoing efforts....

I know, but even still. I'd prefer that if people were going to be busy calling each other out in this particular thread (efforts in other threads notwithstanding), they at least should go about it with "here's my idea on what we should do next... <insert idea here> ...And that's why you're all dumbasses", instead of applying the word "proof" to posts that never actually said "THIS IS PROOF", and jumping straight to the insults.

well maybe direct your insults a bit better next time, dumbass. you need to read his posts better before you defend him. matter of fact, why not start with his first one, you know, the one where he said he 'had figured everything out'?

my bad, i didnt realise 'i have figured it all out' means ' hey guys, i have a theory, can you help me'

how f*cking stupid of me.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Edit; another reason to confirm the link ,the stone cylinder at the ufo camp its red arrow is pointing directly at the altruists camp?

I thought that myself initially. As happens on here, you get easily swayed to get inline with others thinking, if you dont you get attacked for asking what could be the right questions, or viewing an idea that is beyond others own theories. That radio tower they have still has questions that dont have answers about it. considering they hated technology? hope more good info comes from your work.

• trevors toe nail likes this

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 20 November 2013 - 04:31 PM.

I was wondering if indeed Bigfoot culd be the Cracked Egg in the Mural. If so, this mission could be the prize a player gets if s/he choses to keep all the characters alive, so that Jetpack and UFO/Aliens could be the prizes you get when you choose to kill either Trevor or Michael.

I wouldn't think so.
It's not hidden nor really anything aside a tip of the hat to Undead Nightmare and the Hunters of S.A.

If there is s.o. with 100% who killed either Michael or Trevor and got the Bigfoot mission, this idea would be proved wrong altogether:

that's why I'm asking, and that's the answer I'd like to have.

But thanks for your opinion.

(If my messages seem harsh, please take note that my native language is not English, hence I don't know the proper way to result polite and friendly on the written page in this language. So: what I write is not supposed to sound harsh or unpolite.)

• HakatoX likes this

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 20 November 2013 - 04:53 PM.

So thoughts about the Wow! signal at the Hippie Camp... Remember my post regarding the locations on the mountain, relative to the Hippie Camp effigy of it?

If you were to take this image, and flip it, and then apply the same baked potato logic that I used for this: http://gtaforums.com...entry1064102878

You'd basically end up with "Some place down the road from the farms".

Ive had a search around there myself after going over your reversed overlay. Havent looked at this part of the clues to much, as i wanted to find the real answers to the mural first. So im just looking for things regarding radio towers etc & work my way through any other feasible ideas i see posted from others.

Im hoping that will be the key to the next part of this mystery. It was the only thing that really stands out for me regarding the sandy shores glyphs/clues. why that glyph? & why is the 6 missing from the wow signal?

I've been assuming that you mean the one circled 6 off to the side, correct? Also, there's the circled (7) further on in the print-out.

I'm actually skeptical of it's inclusion as part of the Wow! signal theory, because according to everything I can find regarding the subject, I don't think it's actually a part of the Wow! signal. But assuming that the scan of the print-out was used, and that this is the direction R* wanted it to be taken, and assuming that the (6), and possibly the (7) were to be included in all of this, I'd probably run with the "The circled numbers could be locations" logic I mentioned earlier.

You don't have to check the locations, I'll be working that out on my own, and report anything noteworthy.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I was wondering if indeed Bigfoot culd be the Cracked Egg in the Mural. If so, this mission could be the prize a player gets if s/he choses to keep all the characters alive, so that Jetpack and UFO/Aliens could be the prizes you get when you choose to kill either Trevor or Michael.

I wouldn't think so.
It's not hidden nor really anything aside a tip of the hat to Undead Nightmare and the Hunters of S.A.

If there is s.o. with 100% who killed either Michael or Trevor and got the Bigfoot mission, this idea would be proved wrong altogether:

that's why I'm asking, and that's the answer I'd like to have.

But thanks for your opinion.

(If my messages seem harsh, please take note that my native language is not English, hence I don't know the proper way to result polite and friendly on the written page in this language. So: what I write is not supposed to sound harsh or unpolite.)

the bigfoot you see in the chopper is before the end of the game.

the other bigfoot is after the story, but only with franklin, so you cant miss it, in fact you cant miss anything for the UFO 100% this thread seems to have gradually forgotten that.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Guys probably nothing but in the Epsilon mission where you have to get the cars , in the garage are boxes with what looks like Chinese lettering . I do not know Chinese so if anyone who does wants to check it out please do so .

you are right, its nothing. rockstar wont make us learn chinese to get a jetpack for f*ck sakes.i thought you were one of the smarter ones?

Why not someone had to learn morse code for an EE.

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Seems to me that the big foot mission was a simple side task

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't think they forget.
Most think some can overlook or skip things.
you dont have to do everything for 100% and thats the head scratcher.

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Kama0kazi
You should be banned permanently.
  • kama0kazi likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

What happens when you stand under the Chilead UFO? I haven't hit 100% yet, so I can't check it for myself. 

The beam of light glyph looks like a tractor beam to beam sh*t up. I'm guessing it doesn't beam you up :(

Wonder if it beams up cows, if you can somehow get one under it. 

• HakatoX likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

What happens when you stand under the Chilead UFO? I haven't hit 100% yet, so I can't check it for myself. 

The beam of light glyph looks like a tractor beam to beam sh*t up. I'm guessing it doesn't beam you up :(

Wonder if it beams up cows, if you can somehow get one under it. 

I dont think anyone has ever exactly pin pointed its location . Please correct me if i am wrong .

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 20 November 2013 - 04:52 PM.

I know, but even still. I'd prefer that if people were going to be busy calling each other out in this particular thread (efforts in other threads notwithstanding), they at least should go about it with "here's my idea on what we should do next... <insert idea here> ...And that's why you're all dumbasses", instead of applying the word "proof" to posts that never actually said "THIS IS PROOF", and jumping straight to the insults.

well maybe direct your insults a bit better next time, dumbass. you need to read his posts better before you defend him. matter of fact, why not start with his first one, you know, the one where he said he 'had figured everything out'?

my bad, i didnt realise 'i have figured it all out' means ' hey guys, i have a theory, can you help me'

how f*cking stupid of me.

First off: Didn't specifically name him, more was annoyed by the in-fighting than anything else. Also, just because someone started with "This is how it is, all the proof we need" doesn't mean that they continue to maintain the same confident stance later on, and even MrEZmoneymaker has made posts to the effect of "But there are some things I can't explain", that sort of makes it rather apparent that it isn't quite solid -yet-, and when that kicks in, I think most people might reasonably disregard the initial excitement-induced line, "Hey guys, I figured it out!". As for me, if I insulted anyone here, I don't think I directly meant to do so (at least with the last few posts), but if the insinuation that people were getting at each-other's throats over wording and other people's self-confidence in their theories was insulting to anyone, I apologise.

So, now that that's over (for me, at least), I do agree that the FZ Elevator door should be investigated. The only issue is that we still have no clue what to do to open it legitimately. The most I've gathered is that it may have something to do with the odd NPC's spawning in the control tower, or perhaps some of the monitors there, or the CCTV cameras? Or was there some other possibility that I missed?

• Fran_Halen likes this

wellaswallace
  • wellaswallace

small town hero

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hi guys, I don't post often and this may be nothing, but the last few times I've played I have noticed that the hippies aren't at their camp when it rains, not camper-vans, yoga dudes or anything, the tents are still there and the fire's still going though, like they scattered off.....

the few times I've noticed it had already started raining before I got there and I wasn't really looking for clues at the time, just dicking about, so I didn't think anything of it but I was thinking about what too try when I get home and that's when it occurred to me.

Has this been gone over? I've been here pretty much since day one and don't remember anything being said about it and the search bar didn't bring anything up.....

I apologise if this has been discussed and don't profess to have solved anything, just an observation. All peace and power to you all working so hard on this!  :colgate:

• jamston likes this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Looks like an fib hologram ,disappears when you get close to it

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 20 November 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Hi guys, I don't post often and this may be nothing, but the last few times I've played I have noticed that the hippies aren't at their camp when it rains, not camper-vans, yoga dudes or anything, the tents are still there and the fire's still going though, like they scattered off.....

the few times I've noticed it had already started raining before I got there and I wasn't really looking for clues at the time, just dicking about, so I didn't think anything of it but I was thinking about what too try when I get home and that's when it occurred to me.

Has this been gone over? I've been here pretty much since day one and don't remember anything being said about it and the search bar didn't bring anything up.....

I apologise if this has been discussed and don't profess to have solved anything, just an observation. All peace and power to you all working so hard on this!  :colgate:

A lot of the NPC's in Sandy Shores seem to be absent when it rains, as well as anybody on the beaches, outdoors-ey hikers, etc. It might be significant if it were an isolated event, but I'm thinking it might just be R* being kind enough to keep their AI character from catching a cold from standing around while it's pouring out.

I've tried going after the Hippie Camp UFO in a few different ways during rainy weather, nothing particularly noteworthy happened, beyond incidents along the lines of "Trevor/Michael/Franklin bailed out of the helicopter/plane, which crashed into the UFO/ground, and they were flung away from the UFO and parachuted to the ground safely/died on impact". If you can think of anything worth testing out, though, go ahead and try it, and let us know if anything comes of it!

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Kama0kazi
You should be banned permanently.

Banned might a bit to much, but he is very annoying yes. Hate people that just stand on the side line yelling to everyone that doesnt have the same opinion.

@Kama0kazi, can u please be a little more open minded? So what if someone tries something again, do you really have to call him names for that? Just let the people explore man. No one knows the awnser exactly, so maybe somethings are overlooked. Who cares if someone repeats something, its not like its wasting your time? And who knows whats coming from it.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 20 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

If my messages seem harsh, please take note that my native language is not English, hence I don't know the proper way to result polite and friendly on the written page in this language. So: what I write is not supposed to sound harsh or unpolite.)

the bigfoot you see in the chopper is before the end of the game.

the other bigfoot is after the story, but only with franklin, so you cant miss it, in fact you cant miss anything for the UFO 100% this thread seems to have gradually forgotten that.

Infact that's why the Bigfoot mission at the end could be equal to the cracked egg on the mural: the easter egg of the Bigfoot appearing in the mission when you can see it through the thermal scope reveals its true nature, and the egg is cracked.

Still nobody seem to be able to answer about my question, though: do you get the Bigfoot mission after 100% if you choose to Kill Trevor or Michael?

(If the answer is yes, this idea of the bigfoot's meaning is instantly proved wrong)

wellaswallace
  • wellaswallace

small town hero

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

A lot of the NPC's in Sandy Shores seem to be absent when it rains, as well as anybody on the beaches, outdoors-ey hikers, etc. It might be significant if it were an isolated event, but I'm thinking it might just be R* being kind enough to keep their AI character from catching a cold from standing around while it's pouring out.

I've tried going after the Hippie Camp UFO in a few different ways during rainy weather, nothing particularly noteworthy happened, beyond incidents along the lines of "Trevor/Michael/Franklin bailed out of the helicopter/plane, which crashed into the UFO/ground, and they were flung away from the UFO and parachuted to the ground safely/died on impact". If you can think of anything worth testing out, though, go ahead and try it, and let us know if anything comes of it!

Cheers for the reply bro, thought I'd try hanging around there waiting for rain to see if they go anywhere interesting if nobody's tried it before, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going over old ground before my hippy-stalking adventures.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Reposting to make an extra point of it. I think EVERYONE should have a look at this. Having the elements mapped like this and seeing their links really really helps for logical thinking. You can see and potentially move elements, I have just suggested to the guy a few improvements, like adding the glyphs as they tie a few places together. Honestly, have a look it might just give someone the spark needed to find the links.

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

lol if a hacker cant get a jet pack im pretty sure you cant either  :lol:  :facedesk:

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Where is modified soul?
He has a thread we should be linking up to those who retread old ground.
It goes over almost every little idea that has been tried and debunked.
  • wellaswallace and mhinder like this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by HakatoX, 20 November 2013 - 05:14 PM.

lol if a hacker cant get a jet pack im pretty sure you cant either  :lol:  :facedesk:

Right...
You haven't been around for them to just last week where they found an alien HUD?
You assume R* is going to name it or not encrypt the file or change the identifier but not the properties...

Just GTFO, seriously....
Especially if yer point is to come in here and talk sh*t

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Can everyone please, please please, CALM DOWN AND CARRY on?

At the rate you lot are going, no one is ever gonna come back and help out with this hunt.

I am 40 years old and quite disturbed by the in fighting and downright lack of any respect around here at the moment.

This seems especially true from the more senior members of this thread as of late.

Please guys, wind it back in and lets continue to move forward....................or perhaps this thread will just die off.  I for one am considering not coming back, and I am very patient (Ex Army, part of the mindset!) so I know others must be starting to go down this route.

I hope this stops now, and we move forward together and become the Mystery Busters and remembered in history as such, rather than a bunch of in house cat fighting group of muppets that couldn't solve the issue of boiling an egg!

• wellaswallace and ImmortalJyat like this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by Fran_Halen, 20 November 2013 - 05:26 PM.

That guy Quade1234 made an account today and has posted that link in 3 different threads. It could be malicious.

I did a google search and he has posted it in Yahoo Answers to topics that have nothing to do with GTA.

• LazloZeLlama likes this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Only by cascading each others knowledge of this easter egg can it be solved
  • Macontheweb007 likes this

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Your path is lit and then that green ufo light on top of the bunker @ FZ at the place where the elevator is beneath!?
This must be it guys.
We probably missed something why the elevator doesnt open?
because this bunker just looks so relevant and then the green lights coming closer and closer together as if its a marker.

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by Macontheweb007, 20 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Please feel free to copy and paste this reply to noobs that are covering old ground, it will save you time writing the same old responses and getting into ass kicking mode moving forward.

"Thankyou for your idea and valued input but this topic has been discussed earlier on in this hunt.  Please do take the time to have a scan read through this thread, and you will find what actions were taken to check this idea and it's outcome.  As a community we realise that this thread is MASSIVE and it will take some time to go through, but this in itself may well cause you to find another avenue of investigation that could help solve the mystery.

Please do not see this response as any way derogatory, we are just very consious that this thread gets alot of responses that have already been covered, and we wish to try and keep on track in regards to the task at hand rather than re-discussing already well trodden ground.

Please do provide further input on ideas that have, as of yet not been discovered or debunked.  This is, after all how we will solve this mystery once and for all."

There, that would do the trick lads!  Simples :)

• HakatoX, mhinder, IM_A_AFOL and 1 other like this

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by tadd, 20 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

I found it insulting someone saying no true hunters are left...

i found all 8 bodies and posted the first pic of them... i learned morse code, learned how to tap morse code and decoded the hatch morse... and it was my idea that the bigfoot mission could be the cracked easter egg...

ive read every page of every thread, i still repeat things sometimes (cant be helped in such a big search)

Ive skimmed past every arguement on here, even let myself get involved in a couple...

i was here to see brian lose it and hak nearly leave, ive read all the reddits and posted when i think ive got something...

i feel my contributions are up there at the top of the list...

i never asked for a pat on the back or praise from anyone, only to add to the search and find what we are looking for...

that last statement should stick in everyones mind!! We are looking for something, no one cares if your a kid, a parent, an emo, or a french (lol couldnt resist, apparently no one likes the french) we just care what you have to contribute or GTFO...

again contribute or GTFO!!

Now let me contribute so ive not just wasted yet another post...

as i said i had the idea missions with the random mission complete screen (i.e the last one and altruist clear out) could be the boxes at the bottom and we are missing one for micheal... people have also claimed no mission passed screen after collecting all the tracts (like reading the tract or rewriting it or whatever should give u a mission passed screen)

I also wondered why micheal and franklin sign up to webites but trevor never gets a sign up site or any clothes from online lol
  • dAfTpUnK2010, Fran_Halen, tonywehbe and 2 others like this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Everyone! Please respect each other and share information. There is no need for insulting. Everyone wants to crack this thing. Instead of calling each other names, help each other. Add each other on XBOX LIVE or PSN and try stuff in GTA Online. Whatever, just be nice to each other and respect each other. I'm watching this for a while now and all this stuff isn't the key to solve this. We need each other and we need to help each other. Period.

• Macontheweb007 likes this

Dedou
  • Dedou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hi everyone, Just got update on the last discovery (the elevator doors). And I got some suggestion (that I'll look into when I got 5 min alone with my PS3 ;)  ).

I saw someone talk about Lt. Kyle Slater, that it was (not sure here) a contact in our phone or something.

So I would try these:

• Try to call him near Fort Z.
  • Try to call him in front of the elevator
  • Try to call him on top of Mount Chiliad, in front of the "door" near the Picture of the Mountain with ufo/egg/jetpack thing.
  • Might want to try these with the right time (like 3 am) too.

So just some idea that we could try. It might take me a couple of days before I have time to try this (family, job and all), but if someone try this, please let me know.

Have a good day everyone and keep it up, don't stop the search, we can do this.

FYI, I have worked in the game industrie has a programmer for 12 years, so I have a good understanding how a Designer think on these kind of things.

I don't think that we can get the jetpack by cheating/exploiting or other not game scripted event.

In GTA SA, it was not a random thing, it was there to find.

It's possible that the Elevator in Fort Z is the answer, we just need to find the right way to open it (Something like calling Lt. Kyle during the same time that there is the Green light in there too).

It's also really possible that entering the elevator (by cutscene or not) when the door open for real, that we might be teleported (designed intended) to another location so that we find the Jetpack or else. This is common thing in the game industry.

Keep it up guys!

• Fran_Halen likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users