Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by agonistes06, 20 November 2013 - 08:11 AM.

Thanks will look it up

oh maybe I misunderstood I thought you were saying Occam's razor to me referring to the fact that I open the door for the argument in the first place so let's get back to logic and stop arguing if I mistook your post I apologize

actually that post was to me.

edit:  toenail, you can probably just read the first paragraph of that wiki and it will cover pretty much all i meant.  BUT, it comes in handy as a general rule of thumb when hunting phantom jetpacks in video games.

Garo
  • Garo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

It feels like there's something to do with the right side of the mountain, because there's a scrape on the wall across from mural both on the right side of the cable car building on chiliad as well as a puddle on the right side, either the puddle is representing some sort of body of water who knows but it seems like it's referring to the ride side of it for the answer

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Oh ,,yeah its a good method of thinking ,,just no new ideas seem to be surfacing

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Does any one know if the lake next to chiliad has been fully explored?

Garo
  • Garo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

It just seems weird that there's a little puddle in front of the mural it feels like it's representing something, like a river or lake, and givin if it's a river or lake, it would help show what side of the mountain the mural represents, and how everything is placed on the right side of the cable car building it really must mean to the right of something

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Great.
Woke up to ten more pages of nothing new and people having brainwave ideas which have already been tried and tested aeons ago.

Gah.
At least I'm back home tonight and can continue with my own fresh theories which nobody else is testing because they don't involve trying to blow everything up!
  • jkd69, IM_A_AFOL, MrEZmoneymaker and 1 other like this

Ricardo F
  • Ricardo F

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Lol

Someone post a vid of the elevator in Zancudo opening. Still talking about f*cking murals. 

i know it's crazy...or someone new says he saw glyphs and alien stuff inside the train...still the murals...
  • fenderdeluxe2006 likes this

fenderdeluxe2006
  • fenderdeluxe2006

agencydude

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

It seems a sequence of events need to occur to unlock the FZ elevator, and further the hunt. I've read a ton of people looking at the game files and say most missions are accounted for, but if we were all great programmers we would be working at R*. The Alien HUD found in game files and manipulated to work on PC, FZ elevator door ACTUALLY opening (even by glitch, it OPENS) shows an opening in this treasure hunt. Overlaying the mural and flipping, mirroring, stretching, pixelating onto the map has been beat to death. NOTICE: if you haven't already, start reading the reddit http://www.reddit.co...chiliadmystery/

get involved.

Lt. Kyle Slater- regarding how contacts are saved into the phone, meeting the character would trigger "Contact Saved." Has anyone tried calling the Lt. early on in the game? Me thinks it wouldn't work, nor would any of the other characters numbers work, who haven't been encountered yet in the game. There has to be an interaction with that guy in the story line. After all, this whole mystery is a story. I think the 'in' is with the FIB, since their adornment is all over the UFO's.

Since I've been reading a lot of rehashed theories and grumblings, why not start cooking with gas?

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:49 AM Edited by Karoi, 20 November 2013 - 08:51 AM.

Lol

Someone post a vid of the elevator in Zancudo opening. Still talking about f*cking murals. 

i know it's crazy...or someone new says he saw glyphs and alien stuff inside the train...still the murals...

Do you have a link? I don't want to go through all the pages.

EDIT: Never mind, found it:

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

hell yeah I would love to read them honestly
can you post a link like I said I don't want to sit in flip through 400 plus pages of posts

Geeze that took forever :( i wasnt sure where to look either. Just went through every page from 300 lol

Below is my very first post to this forum. Many of the things i thought before in the links below are now looking more likely or do have a link (due to latest bunker & hud find events) many were not.

That is what having enough proof or probability counts, then we have more answers to the puzzle, the easier to solve.

Ive also added another posters 'ImmortalJyat' link at the very bottom, to help explain the reversed map of chiliad at the hippie ufo mural site, this i believe explains that idea, & is the best reasonable explanation ive seen of that place, with exact matches.

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1063977834

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1064086315

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1064004249

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1064075073

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1064067984

http://gtaforums.com...l/?p=1064102878

Also couldnt add any of the links from my bunker theory from here as i removed them. You can see i have said that in those posts.

Had quite abit of heated debate with a few others here over my prediction. So yes i do know the wraith of the net, almost made me leave but glad i didnt.

If others want to see my theory again? i will repost them. But the line from clucknbell to chiliad top, is exactly inline with the hippie mural site if you carry the line through. & is exactly a 90 degree line across chiliad to lineup with the zancudo bunker, & using a clue (alien house) i found other lines to things, that corresponded but harder to use as proof. This matches the intersecting lines quote.

Biggest thing to me yet explained is the altruists & the tower (yes i was wrong previously lol) glyph. Mainly why the 1 behind the hippie camp? & that missing '6' from wow signal is bugging me for an answer.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'm not sure if its the one that crashed but in the weasel news broadcast they are actually talking about that guy Omega who send you out to find all the spacecraft parts

I think weazel are involved, how much? not sure? but they certainly have a suspicious tower & lights (probably mentioned before) that can even be seen through clouds from zancudo ufo location & they seem to be in morse?

top%20tower.jpg

I don't know if it's related...

I always see weazel news van parked at the side of Michael's apartment... hm...

yeah I noticed that to.

weazel is the 'eye'

and weazel act also like IRL NSA, with spying on people.

when you are online following other players on the tv, you see an eye next to it.

"see the eye"

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

yeah I noticed that to.

weazel is the 'eye'

and weazel act also like IRL NSA, with spying on people.

when you are online following other players on the tv, you see an eye next to it.

"see the eye"

After looking again at that & other buildings ive mentioned nearby. They seem to be acting as 1 light from a distance?

tried to keep a direct eye on them when flying at them from zancudo, it seems the light is less bright once they split. At one point they all seem to be like a row of flashing xmas lights til i got abit closer, then faded to what my pic shows. weird!

thats what had me doing it over & over to see if i had been looking at the screen & gta too much? lol

YouWannaSolveThisMystery?
  • YouWannaSolveThisMystery?

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Do you think that could work at the Observatory elevator as well?

Show me where and I'll test it right now. Gunna try a few other places too. 

I just doubled checked FZ, trying to look inside the elevator. Kinda hard with about a 1 second time frame,but I think it has stuff in it. 

Could you PLEASE try it in front tof the big metallic door at Mt. Chiliad?

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Does any one know if the lake next to chiliad has been fully explored?

It's been said that every body of water has been explored. People also used the no water mod to do this as well.

It just seems weird that there's a little puddle in front of the mural it feels like it's representing something, like a river or lake

That puddle is found in various locations around the map like parking lots for example, so I'm guessing it's just a puddle.

Lt. Kyle Slater- regarding how contacts are saved into the phone, meeting the character would trigger "Contact Saved." Has anyone tried calling the Lt. early on in the game?

That was one of the first things I did on my new game save and I got his answering machine.

nibrack11
  • nibrack11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Do you think that could work at the Observatory elevator as well?

Show me where and I'll test it right now. Gunna try a few other places too. 

I just doubled checked FZ, trying to look inside the elevator. Kinda hard with about a 1 second time frame,but I think it has stuff in it. 

Could you PLEASE try it in front tof the big metallic door at Mt. Chiliad?

i know i just joined up but i have been following along this forum for a while and the new discovery of the doors being opened made me back to interested in finding this easter egg so i joined so i can help anyway i just got the bunker door for the elevator to open for a split second on online so that is working still and when i seen you post about that i had to check it out and im sorry but the door at chiliad does nothing when doing this glitch sorry but i will try any other things people want to try i hope i helped :)

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Lt. Kyle Slater- regarding how contacts are saved into the phone, meeting the character would trigger "Contact Saved." Has anyone tried calling the Lt. early on in the game? Me thinks it wouldn't work, nor would any of the other characters numbers work, who haven't been encountered yet in the game. There has to be an interaction with that guy in the story line. After all, this whole mystery is a story. I think the 'in' is with the FIB, since their adornment is all over the UFO's.

It seems to me that it was a character/mission/story that got scrapped. Maybe he was a person you could do missions for. I can see the prison and Fort Zancudo making much more sense this way. 

fenderdeluxe2006
  • fenderdeluxe2006

agencydude

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Lt. Kyle Slater- regarding how contacts are saved into the phone, meeting the character would trigger "Contact Saved." Has anyone tried calling the Lt. early on in the game?

That was one of the first things I did on my new game save and I got his answering machine.

I just tested on an old save with Trevor, also dialed Steve Haines number. Voicemail. I think calling the number itself doesn't do a thing. There's a trigger in the game to add the number to your phone. A soldier's phone number- randomly in the game free to dial and get a message? Eh, there has to be more to that. Maybe that mission got deleted for console release. Too much goodness for aging consoles. Hope not!

fenderdeluxe2006
  • fenderdeluxe2006

agencydude

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by fenderdeluxe2006, 20 November 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 10:43 AM.

if this information is already been posted then I apologize for bringing it up again

several people said that they were still investigating the cannibal cult as being some sort of puzzle

with all the references in the camp to the Sun something dawned on me

I want to say it was last year sometime I remember watching a show on one of the PBS stations about the Mayans and their strange practices and the worship of the Sun

this gave me a idea so I looked on the internet to find information on the Mayans
based on the fact but the hippies in the desert make reference to it and the strange statue that can be found in Franklins house
looks very Mayan to me

anyway this is what I found

Sacrifice in Maya culture
http://en.m.wikipedi...in_Maya_culture

The article that talks about how they would practice ritualistic sacrifice because they thought that if they didn't the Sun wouldn't rise the next day

lwn721
  • lwn721

AnsonL

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Lol

Can someone explain the mechanism that why the elevator door open when switching to Xbox Store?

It's really interesting and exciting to see but I'm confused...

nibrack11
  • nibrack11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by nibrack11, 20 November 2013 - 11:10 AM.

Lol

Can someone explain the mechanism that why the elevator door open when switching to Xbox Store?

It's really interesting and exciting to see but I'm confused...

from what i have heard its just a glitch i got it to work to but only on online get in the bunker, call lester to remove wanted level, then hold forward on your movement stick and press start while still holding the movement stick then press LB or L1 whatever system your on and go to the store and right before it goes to the store you will see the elevator doors open but once you come back from the store you will be outside fort zancudo and the doors will be closed again thats all i know about it. o ya i also tried this at the mt chiliad door and it didnt move at all that i noticed.

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

I get what you're saying Deadman but there's a glyph right under the cable car so how does it line up from that side? That whole area has been explored by myself and may others as it was a discussion a while back. I really wish you could just take a picture yourself haha.

Maybe we need solid gold achievement and then the storm drain gates will be removed!?

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by tonywehbe, 20 November 2013 - 11:41 AM.

hey guys when hanging out with all the three characters i found this:
1- the wanted system in the game change, now i can easily get rid of stars at Fort Zancudo (easier than other places, no chopper)
2- when i entered the control tower i found a lot of civilians
3- the other character (T and M) cannot enter the elevator down the tower
4- they can't even go to the stairs with me (they can only get in the ground level)
5- after loosing my wanted level (very easy) and standing in the bunker with M and T nothing happened (the elevator did not opened)
6- you can enter the prison (the two gates at the prison open when you get close)

Maybe this will help

ImperiumSineFine
  • ImperiumSineFine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Seriously, if someone has a problem with anyone coming along and asking/wanting to know something - either happily oblige or do not answer. I cannot fathom how many rude people actually seriously suggest go and read the whole 462 pages. Are you ok ?   People have lives and 'other' interests. Do not expect people to sift through hours of a thread just because you have an attitude problem.

Come one, come all !

• tdurbo, AnEvilVet, TheChronic and 3 others like this

snailmaze
  • snailmaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

if this information is already been posted then I apologize for bringing it up again
several people said that they were still investigating the cannibal cult as being some sort of puzzle
I want to say it was last year sometime I remember watching a show on one of the PBS stations about the Mayans and their strange practices and the worship of the Sun
this gave me a idea so I looked on the internet to find information on the Mayans
based on the fact but the hippies in the desert make reference to it and the strange statue that can be found in Franklins house
looks very Mayan to me
Sacrifice in Maya culturehttp://en.m.wikipedi...in_Maya_culture
The article that talks about how they would practice ritualistic sacrifice because they thought that if they didn't the Sun wouldn't rise the next day

again nothing new please stop wrecking it for me and others deadman2112 and read the rest of the thread before posting people been saying this for ages and your acting like you thought of it so for the sake of everyone else please keep your post to one a hour your giving me head ache with your attention seeking sorry just my opinion !
  • jkd69 likes this

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by tadd, 20 November 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Its took me a whole morning to catch up lol

ok to the weazel news things, yes u can see it from afar and no it isnt morse, i wrote a few pages back that it flashes as 1 2 3 4 5 pause 1 2 3 4 5 pause and so on, so not morse...

and about the FZ bunker elevator doors and opening glitch... since its been tried in the reddit for 2 people to do it and 1 switch to store while the other enters and the result was doors opened for switcher but remaining player didnt see the door even move and couldnt get in... and the fact that you have no control over your character during the animation. It makes me think entering the elevator is a cutscene that happens once triggered... as in the doors will never open for us while playing but during a cutscene you may walk into them (hence why during the store switch animation they open and u enter but the person playing doesnt have anything happen)

Basically if u didnt follow that i was saying when (if?) we enter the elevator it will be during a cutscene.

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

This sounds very plausible- it being a cutscene that would take us a level lower.

In cutscenes they could make alot of changes to map that would be back normal when the scene is finished. In example; cutscene; we would go down FZ elevator, grab the jetpack, fly through a hatch that opens once or get in elevator again and be out with the jetpack.
After the scene is finished it would go back to normal.

But the f***** fact that the elevator door OPENS and is NOT empy shows there could be more people! Starting to get convinced for this location!

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by tadd, 20 November 2013 - 12:14 PM.

Well i suppose if anyone is going to have the jetpack it will be the military like in SA...

so at no point (not even if you take the mission route with trevor where he goes to zancudo for a reason, take a heli was it?) Do you meet this Lt. Soldier guy in our contacts? (Sorry cant remember his name)

edit... kyle slater lol

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by AnEvilVet, 20 November 2013 - 12:17 PM.

looks very Mayan to me
Sacrifice in Maya culturehttp://en.m.wikipedi...in_Maya_culture

again nothing new please stop wrecking it for me and others deadman2112 and read the rest of the thread before posting people been saying this for ages and your acting like you thought of it so for the sake of everyone else please keep your post to one a hour your giving me head ache with your attention seeking sorry just my opinion !

Oh, so you bitching and whining really helps keep the thread on track? Seriously, if someone posts something that HAS already been covered, link them to the post it was covered in or at least address their idea civilly and advise that it has been discussed and what the outcome was nicely.

On a related point I've been involved with this since release day and not once have I thought of or seen anyone else relate this to Mayan sacrifice.  It's an interesting concept but I don't think sacrifices have any effect here.

I'd focus on the fact that you have a barn at the camp with two doors, one with a yellow sun, one with a red and a series of other buildings around with similar symbols spread out evenly.  These buildings also have destructible lights that reset after a period of time without you leaving the camp.  I've not seen that occur anywhere else in the game without leaving the area.

I've tried shooting lights out in particular sequences to no avail but it may be worth further experimentation as it could be that a certain sequence of lights being shot out opens one of these barn doors.

• Benjamoose and kama0kazi like this

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well i suppose if anyone is going to have the jetpack it will be the military like in SA...

Which is the basis of my personal belief of the symbols on the mural representing locations of other UFOs.

UFO = Sculpture Park where a model of the same type of UFO is present

Egg = Paleto Bay. The broken UFO underwater in the home of Cluckin' Bell.

Man with jetpack = Fort Zancudo. Jetpack was obtained from a similar military base in GTA SA.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users