Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

here's another example when I design an offshore oil rig in cad and we're are getting it ready for the clients presentation when I create that 3d polyline at the camera follows through the oil rig and sweeps and shows all the features I make damn sure I make the camera slow down at all the intricate details that I put into it why because that's the joy of seeing someone else look at it and say man this guy really put a lot of effort into it
the same way that Rockstar put an effort into this game these puzzles

and I personally know that I would be disappointed if a client didn't see all the hard work and effort I went to to make this thing awesome

Rockstar the corporation they probably don't care the end of the day all that concerned with his bare bottom line what I'm talking about the people who work on that team that created this game

I don't know maybe that's just me maybe I see the world in a different light than most people do

Please explain the difference between a standard line and a poly line in CAD. I would really like to know.

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Please explain the difference between a standard line and a poly line in CAD. I would really like to know.

bump

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 06:57 AM.

hell yeah I would love to read them honestly
can you post a link like I said I don't want to sit in flip through 400 plus pages of posts

the image that I posted earlier and then the guy took it in Photoshop it it's not exactly the way that I would have lined up but its very very close if you look even the contours of the lines follow the mountain maybe my orientation wasn't perfect
maybe I need to be a little farther over to the left or right when I took the picture maybe the angle that he took the picture of the mural from was slightly off making it look a little stretched
meaning maybe it was taken from a slight angle rather than straight on
all of these things coming to factor when you're laying one image over the top of another but as I said before I'm not saying that I figured out anything other than whoever kept posting before I came along into this thread the last 5 or 6 pages I saw an image that I knew was incorrect and all I was doing was trying to bring up the point that if that was the current theory it was wrong at least it was wrong in my opinion does that make all feel better if I put it that way

but maybe I should have just taken my own advice and walked away from this after I made my first statement
as I posted on many other forms after reading 2 people argue and flames each other over and over in a thread that was posted in a forum

it goes like this arguing on the internet it's kind of like competing in the Special Olympics it honestly doesn't matter if you win or lose either way you're still a retard so I guess all of us are retards

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:58 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 07:07 AM.

a straight line in AutoCAD is a line that can only be broken or trimmed to a specific length once a line has been created sure I can take it and rotated in any plane but its going to go from one point to another

a polyline however well let me rephrase that a 3d polyline can curve and angle in multiple directions and still connect one point to another imagine if you will a spiral you can connect one end of it to the floor and the other into the ceiling but all the way down to it it's moving in multiple dimensions at the same time
maybe the word dimensions is not a wrecked analogy I guess a better way to say it would be multiple directions
where is a line is just a line from point A to point B straight

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

Dnt think it was done were only ppl with a degree in math could work this out ffs,,I used the edge of a dvd case to line them up and it was piss easy :)
  • tdurbo likes this

jkd69
  • jkd69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

can you post a link

How fn rude are you- you couldnt be a$$ed to read the whole forum however you have asked others to go through the forum to find the good bits for you. If lazy people like yourself read through what has already been discussed before typing text walls the thread would be half it's size and of a much higher quality. Instead of posting something every time your brain farts could you please follow this link and get up to speed-

http://gtaforums.com...-chiliad-mural/

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

and to the poster said that I'm alone again or hey that's cool with me bro the less people working against me means more people working with me

Agreed! ;)

If you have not read my previous posts yet on my theory on describing mountain mural & lines? you may want to read it sometime? as they are very similar concepts.

The tunnels match, but how theyre linked? i am only theorizing ideas ;)

Your use of the winky face is the most annoying god damn thing I have ever seen on here.
Please stop it, it makes you look like a prick dude.

• AnEvilVet and MrEZmoneymaker like this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:09 AM Edited by trevors toe nail, 20 November 2013 - 07:13 AM.

We can find ourselves looking to deep into things and the answer most times is usually the starring us right in the face ,,I know this from playing many rpgs,mystery solving games ,,,sherlock Holmes was like this :). Edit apologies for the smiley

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Lol okay I'll say it again I never said that you needed any degree to do this
I just simply noticed that the orientation in the drawing that was posted was wrong
I guess in the end I got a little upset and short fused with the people who kept trying to rush me through it instead of giving me a moment to explain it

if I offended anyone buy making them feel less intelligent then that was not my intention

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

We can find ourselves looking to deep into things and the answer most times is usually the starring us right in the face ,,I know this from playing many rpgs,mystery solving games ,,,sherlock holems was like this :)

correct and Sherlock Holmes used what was known as deductive reasoning
in a nutshell..
That the simple list and most logical answer is normally the correct one

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Elementary my dear watson

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 07:20 AM.

can you post a link

How fn rude are you- you couldnt be a$$ed to read the whole forum however you have asked others to go through the forum to find the good bits for you. If lazy people like yourself read through what has already been discussed before typing text walls the thread would be half it's size and of a much higher quality. Instead of posting something every time your brain farts could you please follow this link and get up to speed-
http://gtaforums.com...-chiliad-mural/
really honestly
and sit there and read I don't know 400 pages (all the same wrong crap over and over again) simply to find the few that might actually pertain to what I'm talking about I think that's a bit ridiculous to ask anyone if you are so familiar with this thread and know it so well I think it's f****** rude of you to not oblige someone who's new to these forums

again maybe like I said I see the world in a different way than most people do but if you came to my house and was thirsty I wouldn't tell you to go f*** yourself and get it by yourself
  • trevors toe nail likes this

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Cascading knowledge can only be a good thing

jkd69
  • jkd69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by jkd69, 20 November 2013 - 07:24 AM.

really honestly

Well that's fine, don't get upset when people ignore your posts though. Also I apologise for not holding your hand and walking you through this... fn kids these days

• kama0kazi, IM_A_AFOL and deleulze like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

Cascading knowledge can only be a good thing

that is the best statement that I've read so far
it's what the basic premise an idea of what the internet was based upon sharing knowledge freely and openly not being a prick
  • MacHuffy and trevors toe nail like this

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

That the simple list and most logical answer is normally the correct one

also see 'occam's razor.'

• tdurbo likes this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 20 November 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Your use of the winky face is the most annoying god damn thing I have ever seen on here.

lol point taken

to the other poster Deadman2112, im just finding the links on here at the mo, will post when i do.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 07:35 AM.

really honestly

Well that's fine, don't get upset when people ignore your posts though. Also I apologise for not holding your hand and walking you through this... fn kids these days
apology accepted
and I'm not saying this in a rude way I'm just pointing out the fact that you said that you are so familiar with all the information in this thread then maybe you missed my post about me being over 40 I'm far from a kid

before anyone goes flaming me for being 40+
yes I love video games even at my age I started when I was 6
I own the original Activision pong/tennis game, I even still have my original Atari and the original games that it came with

jkd69
  • jkd69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'm far from a kid

Then stop acting like one, time to put on your big boy pants and catch up

• kama0kazi and IM_A_AFOL like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 07:33 AM.

okay this whole thing has gotten a bit off topic

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Occam's Razor by Avinash Kaushik ?

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by agonistes06, 20 November 2013 - 07:36 AM.

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam" s_razor"="">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

edit:  used in problem-solving, basically the same as the principle of deduction.....in most ways.

• trevors toe nail likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Touche
I did open that door

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

Thanks will look it up

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

does anyone know a link to a thread that discusses weird and odd things found in the game that may not necessarily pertain to anything or maybe they could

IM_A_AFOL
  • IM_A_AFOL

Eye sea u

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

and to the poster said that I'm alone again or hey that's cool with me bro the less people working against me means more people working with me

Agreed! ;)

If you have not read my previous posts yet on my theory on describing mountain mural & lines? you may want to read it sometime? as they are very similar concepts.

The tunnels match, but how theyre linked? i am only theorizing ideas ;)

jetpack.png

• LesterTheMolester and trevors toe nail like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Thanks will look it up

oh maybe I misunderstood I thought you were saying Occam's razor to me referring to the fact that I open the door for the argument in the first place so let's get back to logic and stop arguing if I mistook your post I apologize

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

On me way to gordo with amanda ,,,for a dirty stop off

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Nope I was just asking the question who/what/were/when was occams razor lol