Quantcast

» «
Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 01:48 AM.

here's another theory it seems that there are 3 locations that need to be open maybe one character needs to stand on top of the mountain to get the UFO to appear may be another character needs to stand in the cannibal cult when the light appears

and maybe just maybe at another someone has to open the Easter egg II honestly don't know I'm asking for help so I don't have to restart this game once again

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by kama0kazi, 20 November 2013 - 01:53 AM.

I guess at this point I've seen enough proof that I've unlocked the path 

i have heard this kind of rant before.

have you even bothered to try to see the light again in the altruist camp? or did you just see it once and assume you are the chosen one?

it could be a glitch if it isn't repeatable, but you already knew that... right?

• phillip_trevors likes this

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

here's another theory it seems that there are 3 locations that need to be open maybe one character needs to stand on top of the mountain to get the UFO to appear may be another character needs to stand in the cannibal cult when the light appears
and maybe just maybe at another someone has to open the Easter egg II honestly don't know I'm asking for help so I don't have to restart this game once again

With the way characters start doing their own thing when you switch, I would call Rockstar retarded for making it that gd troublesome.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 01:57 AM.

I dont care what you heard bro and from what I read in earlier portions of this thread yeah you heard ranch like this

as far as everybody asking me what what next hey I'm open for suggestions stop throwing some ideas at me that actually make sense and I'd like to throw this and I've been sitting here thinking about the whole idea for Jan Koodo maybe just maybe you guys might be on to something maybe the jetpack is located thereI say that because maybe you need the jetpack to unlock the UFO I don't know this is just a guess an assumption as to how to actually unlock the puzzle

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

I would call them geniuses

think about it man think about it logically they show you over and over and over in mission after mission that you can have a guy in the chopper a guy on the roof a guy on the ground really come on do you honestly think that that would be such an outlandish conclusion to come too

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 02:00 AM.

my next statement you can take to the bank because it's true in everything you do in life
logic prevails where stupidity build walls

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by kama0kazi, 20 November 2013 - 02:00 AM.

think about it man think about it logically they show you over and over and over in mission after mission that you can have a guy in the chopper a guy on the roof a guy on the ground really come on do you honestly think that that would be such an outlandish conclusion to come too

this is proof you have never tried to do this.

in a scripted mission it is easy.

in free roam its actually very troublesome.

• phillip_trevors likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

ur path is lit - written in green - green light over bunker

see the eye - written in red - red eye under deck

btw before anyone tries it, the door at the top of the cable car lift doesn't open like the one from the video. i thought i might. i want to try this at the altruist camp now to see if anything opens, if they would stop trying to kill me for a minute.

• tonywehbe likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

not really man I do it all the time like for example at this point in the game ah I only have the helicopter with Trevor I find all the characters on the map bring them to a location it's easy for me to fly the helicopter too and I leave I'm staying there sure they walk around a little bit but they don't usually go very far but for the first few minutes they sit there and doddle away on their phone

once they are in fairly close proximity to one another switching between them and keeping them in a general location is very fast it isn't like when they're across the map from one another try it and see for yourself I'm not b*********** you

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

After having a break from the hunt (after unsuccesful attempts to try and decode an anomoly in the psyc report and the epsilon tracts for days with no success) my mind has gone back to basics and I think the mural is a puzzle in a puzzle.

We know that the UFO is on top of mount Chiliad at 3AM in the rain with 100% completion.  There is a line from the top of the eye to the bottom where the "Egg" is indicated.  Could this simply indicate when the Alien is present a door opens to allow us into a tunnel system to look for the other parts of the puzzle? 

The glyphs were found in very "Rough" locations in regards to the mural, and perhaps this was by design, and very obvious place to start looking for "Clues"  to see the UFO, thus giving us a timeframe to break the second part of the mystery.

After examining all so called "overlays" of the glyphs positions in relation to Mount Chiliad, I always get that niggling feeling that they simply do not fit exactly!  Perhaps it was a hint that deliberately helped us find the glyphs, but the glyphs themselfs simply do not line up correctly to the outline of the mountain in the mural. which leads me to believe that they helped us to "find" the UFO above Mount Chiliad, and disregard any further investigation as to what the lines could mean.......

What if we now disregard all of the external mountain drawing on the mural and concentrate on trying to identify the 2 lines that seem to indicate an entrace and exit to some kind of tunnel system that is only open when the UFO is present and making a sound (we know that the UFO is only "active" with sounds being heard from it between 3Am and 4 AM this does not give us alot of time to find the entrace ..........whcih leads me to believe you need to have some kind of guide to find the right spot....would that not be what we have with the lines inside the mural?

These lines could indicate any position on the map so we need to investigate any simalarities we can find to try and locate possible entrace points and test during the right conditions.

I know this may sound crazy, but with the new discovery of the doors opening at the bunker location, and looking at this as an exit rather than an entrace point, it does seem to suggest there are more to the lines in the mural than first meet the eye (no pun intended!)

Hope this helps in some small way.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

That is different. Franklin dont jump in a vehicle and randomly drive off to the strip club to get drunk when I switch to Trevor during a mission.

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 20 November 2013 - 02:05 AM.

How about we all take a step back... and look over every damn Easter Egg Rockstar has EVER done. ALL OF THEM. Either we find clues on what to do about this one, thanks to similar mysteries from the SAME FREAKING PEOPLE, or we find out that Rockstar has never done anything as convoluted as anybody is suggesting, and we've completely lost track of who we're dealing with here.

I mean Rockstar's clever, but not 800 MPH screeching metal deathtrap roller coaster ramp into the ocean off a volcano loop-the-loop freaking insane or neurotic enough to be creating some trigger along the lines of "Have Michael in his Epsilon Robes stand at the Altruist Camp baseball bat spawn at midnight after killing every one of them with the bat, while Trevor stands with the ghostie at Mt. Gordo because of that one side mission with those tourists mistaking him for Jock Cranley, while Franklin sits on top of Mt. Chiliad in the Space Docker while huffing catnip listening to Channel X beeping the horn at the mural 12 and a half times, followed by circling the mountain counter-clockwise before the ghost de-spawns near Trevor, then drive back up the mountain and do a stunt jump into the Chiliad UFO".**

Seriously. I'm being driven insane by all this crap without any real basis beyond the ramblings of an artificially-constructed cult of lunatics who may or may not be ascended Hippie Camp people, and a single lighting glitch that I have not seen despite circling around this damn camp in this damn helicopter for the past couple hours, hoping against my own skepticism, that Deadman2112 actually found something.

I went high. I went low. I went fast. I went slow. I did a loop-de-loop and crashed my helicopter on top of the same spot he landed at, and unless the next excuse is something other than "I played the game wrong" or "Maybe you can only see it before getting 100%", I'm just going to hit my head on this keyboard until I come up with some way to create some grand unified theory that perfectly fits all 450+ pages of this thread into some sort of coherent masterpiece that would make Sherlock freaking Holmes kill himself on page 1 of whatever book it would be featured in.

I'm going to sleep, and I'm hoping something turns up.

**If this turns out to be exactly what must be done... aaaaaAAAAARGHH.

• phillip_trevors, jamston and djsniperwolf like this

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

not really man I do it all the time like for example at this point in the game ah I only have the helicopter with Trevor I find all the characters on the map bring them to a location it's easy for me to fly the helicopter too and I leave I'm staying there sure they walk around a little bit but they don't usually go very far but for the first few minutes they sit there and doddle away on their phone

once they are in fairly close proximity to one another switching between them and keeping them in a general location is very fast it isn't like when they're across the map from one another try it and see for yourself I'm not b*********** you

but.... you arent talking about close proximity, you are talking about 1 on the mountain, one in the camp and whatever, do you have a problem remembering what you post?

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

and an easy way to fix them getting in a vehicle and driving away is when you get to the location sticker bomb on it blow it up get rid of it remove it from the equation that way the game can't utilize it there are ways of manipulating every situation guys

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

another thought process that is bringing me to this conclusion that you need all three characters think about it why would you put a monumental find in a game and only leave it up to one character to go find when you've built a game that's designed to run 3 characters at the same time

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

how about this can someone please attempt this for me who has completed the game to a hundred percent put one character up on the top of the mountain with the UFO appears put another character right inside the gate of the cannibal can't wear that light appeared for me
then put one of the character inside the tunnel but you can drive through that runs under the mountain where the two doors with the red lights are tell me what happens

bakinsammyk
  • bakinsammyk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

"I luckily stumble across a light coming out of the sky beaming down into the camp that tells you the path is lit then all the sudden it's gone I show you pictures proving that the bright light is all of a sudden gone and you still doubt me I don't get your thought process"

Your picture doesn't seem to show that it's beaming out of the sky. Does the light actually go up into the sky? Or is it just a circle of light on the ground. I am certain there is a UFO at the Altruist camp as there is a ufo glyph on the water tank. I also thought it might be visible at sunset, given all the sun stuff. Your circle of light might show where it would become visible at sunset or sunrise.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 02:14 AM.

After having a break from the hunt (after unsuccesful attempts to try and decode an anomoly in the psyc report and the epsilon tracts for days with no success) my mind has gone back to basics and I think the mural is a puzzle in a puzzle.

We know that the UFO is on top of mount Chiliad at 3AM in the rain with 100% completion.  There is a line from the top of the eye to the bottom where the "Egg" is indicated.  Could this simply indicate when the Alien is present a door opens to allow us into a tunnel system to look for the other parts of the puzzle? 

The glyphs were found in very "Rough" locations in regards to the mural, and perhaps this was by design, and very obvious place to start looking for "Clues"  to see the UFO, thus giving us a timeframe to break the second part of the mystery.

After examining all so called "overlays" of the glyphs positions in relation to Mount Chiliad, I always get that niggling feeling that they simply do not fit exactly!  Perhaps it was a hint that deliberately helped us find the glyphs, but the glyphs themselfs simply do not line up correctly to the outline of the mountain in the mural. which leads me to believe that they helped us to "find" the UFO above Mount Chiliad, and disregard any further investigation as to what the lines could mean.......

What if we now disregard all of the external mountain drawing on the mural and concentrate on trying to identify the 2 lines that seem to indicate an entrace and exit to some kind of tunnel system that is only open when the UFO is present and making a sound (we know that the UFO is only "active" with sounds being heard from it between 3Am and 4 AM this does not give us alot of time to find the entrace ..........whcih leads me to believe you need to have some kind of guide to find the right spot....would that not be what we have with the lines inside the mural?

These lines could indicate any position on the map so we need to investigate any simalarities we can find to try and locate possible entrace points and test during the right conditions.

I know this may sound crazy, but with the new discovery of the doors opening at the bunker location, and looking at this as an exit rather than an entrace point, it does seem to suggest there are more to the lines in the mural than first meet the eye (no pun intended!)

II honestly like where you're going with the thought process on this but I see one hole in what you're talking about you're saying that the mural would be a puzzle the mural is simply a map pointing you in the right direction to find these two key items I don't believe that it is a puzzle I believe that the other puzzles told you how to crack the code on this I could be wrong I'm not saying that I know all but so far logically these things make the most sense it's simple it's easy to understand any average Joe of the street can accomplish it that's probably rockstars approach this game

I make that statement based on the fact that this is the first time any game as ever offered the ability to do such things

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by [email protected], 20 November 2013 - 02:19 AM.

I'm not at home atm if someone wants to try this. There is a line straight down from the eye to the egg. Many relate this to the cable car line. There is a chute located at the top.

Spawn the UFO, immediately sprint to the area the chute is and jump. Try to make it to the bottom where the 3 windows look like the 3 boxes on the bottom of the mural as quickly as possible. Maybe something is there for a limited time.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

"I luckily stumble across a light coming out of the sky beaming down into the camp that tells you the path is lit then all the sudden it's gone I show you pictures proving that the bright light is all of a sudden gone and you still doubt me I don't get your thought process"

Your picture doesn't seem to show that it's beaming out of the sky. Does the light actually go up into the sky? Or is it just a circle of light on the ground. I am certain there is a UFO at the Altruist camp as there is a ufo glyph on the water tank. I also thought it might be visible at sunset, given all the sun stuff. Your circle of light might show where it would become visible at sunset or sunrise.

okay so maybe it wasn't coming out of the sky maybe it was coming out of the ground I honestly don't know where it was coming from because by the time I discovered it The Sun was about to come up and then it was gone like I said I noticed it around 0114 maybe a little later it might have been 0214 to be perfectly honest I kinda wasted a lot of time trying to take stupid pictures rather than investigating because I wanted to show you guys so I didn't get the chance to investigate it thoroughly

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 02:21 AM.

one last thing the light I saw was mega bright like way brighter than that spotlight could provide
I say that because if you look at the first image you can clearly see how bright is the second image you can still see that the lights are still on but it ain't like that up like that was

if I had to compare it to any other lighting that I've seen in the game thus far I would have to say that it resemble that of the spotlight when the police helicopters a chasing you only brighter just look at the image you can see how bright it is

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

again I'm not a hundred percent sure on the time but it was definitely a Tuesday

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

15.00 at the altruists camp,,,,ufo drawing above the sun ,,maybe standing on the stone slab

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just thinking, MrEZ, do you have the Altruists Shootout done? I don't, I don't have Simeon's random either, just wondering what you had and if maybe that makes a difference.

No i havent, wasnt able to take  the 4 hitch hikers there either, as i took some home before i realized :( & simeon missions werent completed either before i met trevor.

Hope its not going to stop me completing this? just hope R* arent using full 100% completion, or all gold medals that some have suggested, cause that would really suck!

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

I just got an idea but I need some info before I try it. I've been saying the 'ur path is lit' text written in green being the green light on the bunker and the 'see the eye' text written in red being the eye on top of Chiliad. What if we need to rush to the bunker from the UFO or viceversa? I have never actually been to the bunker myself and seen the light but doesn't it also show up at 3am? For those of you who have dealt with it, how long does it stay there? Is it forever as long as you don't leave the area like the UFO? Is it possible to get there from Chiliad before it disappears or is it just like the UFO and only shows up if you're there? When you go too far from the UFO or switch characters it disappears. Does the green light do the same? I would love to know if anyone has done this or even thought about because it's been discussed that maybe you have to get somewhere before the UFO quits making the noise. Also, how do you get to the bunker without being detected? 

• rimer888 likes this

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by Canucks, 20 November 2013 - 02:47 AM.

Just thinking, MrEZ, do you have the Altruists Shootout done? I don't, I don't have Simeon's random either, just wondering what you had and if maybe that makes a difference.

No i havent, wasnt able to take  the 4 hitch hikers there either, as i took some home before i realized :( & simeon missions werent completed either before i met trevor.
Hope its not going to stop me completing this? just hope R* arent using full 100% completion, or all gold medals that some have suggested, cause that would really suck!
why would they?? All the talk about which is a "true" 100% is retarded
at the beginning 4 threads 2000 pages back some kid had the idea you needed a "true 100% and went hard on it for pages and pages..and of course got a couple kids to believe him and 2000 pages later its being mentioned daily
Great

Edit:and the reason he went so hard on it..he was too lazy to do the work himself for his "true" 100%-whatever the ****that is..i hate even saying it sounds so gay

camilo_strife
  • camilo_strife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Elevator of Fort Zancudo open in GTA ONLINE

http://www.reddit.co...at_the_zancudo/

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

II honestly like where you're going with the thought process on this but I see one hole in what you're talking about you're saying that the mural would be a puzzle the mural is simply a map pointing you in the right direction to find these two key items I don't believe that it is a puzzle I believe that the other puzzles told you how to crack the code on this I could be wrong I'm not saying that I know all but so far logically these things make the most sense it's simple it's easy to understand any average Joe of the street can accomplish it that's probably rockstars approach this game

I make that statement based on the fact that this is the first time any game as ever offered the ability to do such things

Not sure i understand how "the other puzzles helped us crack the code on this"?  Surely the thought prossess is clear at this point:

1. We found the mural and any sane person would think "lets have a look at the mountain, I bet there is something where the x's are on the Mural" and low and behold there was...glyphs telling us what conditions we needed to somewhere.......

2.  After our interest was sparked, we looked harder (or used youtube:)) and found the message and eye at the top of mount chiliad.

3.  Brains then put two and two together and identified that the glyphs were telling us to be at the eye, in the conditions suggested by the glyphs........as per the Mural.

4.  There is no four because this is where we are all stuck!

Have we answered what the sand glyph indicates?

Have we worked out what the other 2 boxes indicate?

Not knocking your enthusiasm buddy, just saying that we have been led to clues and now we are stuck, and have been for some time, surely going back to the mural and looking at what other information could be gained from it now we have a time frame as dictated by the UFO on mount Chiliad?

Perhaps we need to send the wow code (or whatever the code on the sand glyph indicates) whilst the UFO is active on mount Chiliad?  But then again how would we achieve that?

Perhaps the red x's are specific points on the map that would help us identify the "route being indicated by the lines on the mural?

It just seems to make more sense than random lights and Space dockers!

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

why would they?? All the talk about which is a "true" 100% is retarded
at the beginning 4 threads 2000 pages back some kid had the idea you needed a "true 100% and went hard on it for pages and pages..and of course got a couple kids to believe him and 2000 pages later its being mentioned daily
Great

Yea there's a reason they dumbed down 100% this time around, to give everyone a chance. They even have a guide for it. Most people never got 100% in past GTA's because there was so much to do.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by Deadman2112, 20 November 2013 - 02:48 AM.

I did bring all the hitchhikers that's another thing that I did on this play through also someone was mentioning the colors of the words maybe that represents red as really more of an orange because it's Trevor if so that could be another reason why I saw the light in the camp because as you can see in the picture I'm currently playing is Trevor if this thought process is correct
then green would be Franklin and the blue Michael

or is that what you were saying with your post sorry if I misunderstood

also yeah I agree with the whole dumbing it down from a hundred percent thing making it much easier to obtain I played past GTA's and I can tell you from my own experiences they were extremely hard to get a hundred percent even the last one which I thought was rather easy by comparison to the preceding titles

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users