Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well I have followed this thread since day one so no "dude read the last 860 pages bullsh*t" etc etc my last idea that there's something in the ocean and Freemasons ideas got me called an idiot, which I'm not so has made me less inclined to share ideas. However, u have just loaded up game as Trevor, had a huff of gas, as u do, and woke up on top of those alien towers covered in alien stuff. Someone said about segregate and rearrange is an anagram of blah blah blah near the range. Anyone else seen in the Lost' trailer park a stage and the band are called the range. And there's 3 members with 3 different coloured seats. Check it out. Also to the complete dick who said I added a letter to the film production company to spell epsilon, and that at 40% I should "play the game like any other half decent player" go F yourself because I am pretty sure I put in more hrs than most. That is all
  • Fran_Halen likes this

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

This is nuts have just on map put curser to top north west and flown to it well well off map and as my helicopter died and I jumped out I sh*t you not there is a mountain range. Not shown on map nothing twitter rossmacno1

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

One thing that doesnt seem to have been explored much is hanging out with people...

im pretty sure mike frank and trev combos have been tried a lot but how about mike and his wife at the ufos or trevor and jimmy or franklin and lamar... or trevor and micheals wife lol

just saying any number of things could happen... franklin take jimmy for a spin in the docker, jimmy says hey i know a place we can go, map marker appears, new clues are found...

just a for instance but you get the picture, just no one wants to hang out with all the possible combos :(

I was thinking this last night when i was trying to get F to pick up T & M, with a view to exploring Zancudo. I missed the M pick up and ended up tootling around FZ with T and finding nothing and stealing a Lazer. I thought maybe if F picks up Jimmy he might say something about the drugs he used on his dad, this might lead to something. I had also done some experiments with picking up Amanda with M and seeing if any other options were available, I was thinking Gordo Yoga, not an option. 

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is it boys and girls!! I have map location pics everything THIS IS NOT A TROLL . Rossnacno1 remember that name

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

This is it boys and girls!! I have map location pics everything THIS IS NOT A TROLL . Rossnacno1 remember that name

Pics? Proof? anything substantial?

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

www.twitter.com/rossmacno1

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Mountain range?!!

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by rodneythesavior, 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

You are either stupid, or you think we're really stupid. You're facing east.

And since you're on the west side of the map, it means you're looking at Mt. Josiah and Mt. Chiliad.

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Your arrow is facing towards mountains to the east........isn't that what you would see?

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

you are facing the map man
those mountains (chiliad josha)

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am really stupid aren't i

DJNREAL
  • DJNREAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

What are we seeing mate ? Please clarify.

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hahaha yup, facing towards land.

Also all the mirrored map images.
With alot of shapes our brain tries to see patterns. This is also why people see alien faces when the map is mirrored: this couldn't be rockstar's intent, it is our brains seeing connections. Made easy by symmetrically mirroring the same shapes.

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

We are seeing that I'm apparently a twat. f*ck this game man

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by rodneythesavior, 18 November 2013 - 05:09 PM.

With alot of shapes our brain tries to see patterns. This is also why people see alien faces when the map is mirrored: this couldn't be rockstar's intent, it is our brains seeing connections. Made easy by symmetrically mirroring the same shapes.

Could be rockstar's intent. Why is the grapeseed airstrip so close too the Sandy Shore's one? Why have two airfields less than 3 miles fro. One another, but not have one on the northern part of the map. Not saying I believe it holds any water, But it is weird.

Come on man, no need for that, we've all made mistakes like this. Anyone who says they haven't been flipped around or gotten excited over something they should have known, is full of crap.

Sorry I said what I said, I thought you were trying to troll us.

DJNREAL
  • DJNREAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

To each their own then..... :yawn:

Speedy_G_
  • Speedy_G_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

There's pics on his twitter but there blurry as F

djsniperwolf
  • djsniperwolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

What I cant get my head around is that if the faded one represented the one in  the ocean, how do you find it just from that clue. The ufo was found randomly. If you use the faded one I just cant see how you can go oh yep its In the ocean. There is either more clues to follow from that or it is just way to far fetched to imagine that is the only clue for it

edit: to me they have to represent more of a condition rather then a location.

I had wondered the same thing about the UFO in the Ocean.

I had drawn up one conclusion. 

here is some damage to the beach on the north shore with an Obvious broken fence.

You can see sort of like scrape marks going out into the ocean, as if the UFO had bounced a couple times before crashing.

What is more interesting is the trajectory of Zancudo to the point where the damage to the beach begins.

I can almost say indefinitely that FIB has knowledge of the crashed UFO, quite possibly shooting it down themselves.

This also would state that the UFO has not been crashed quite that long.

Just rambling.

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Glad I'm not the only person going nuts. Thanks guys. Although we'll never meet, it means a lot :)
  • Skinvisible likes this

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Could be rockstar's intent. Why is the grapeseed airstrip so close too the Sandy Shore's one? Why have two airfields less than 3 miles fro. One another, but not have one on the northern part of the map. Not saying I believe it holds any water, But it is weird.

Come on man, no need for that, we've all made mistakes like this. Anyone who says they haven't been flipped around or gotten excited over something they should have known, is full of crap.
Sorry I said what I said, I thought you were trying to troll us.

Would never troll man. Am new to all this forum sh*t but am no liar I desperately want to solve this. To the point where I'm nearly single haha!!
  • Zantus likes this

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Not willing to look through the whole topic, I assume this was actually solved, right? Here is the solution:

Spoiler

I guess that doesn't cover other things that might be in the mural itself but that is the easter egg it is cluing you into as far as I can tell.

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Well, time for me to make my own dumb mistake/stupid theory.

I've gone and mirrored the Hippie Camp mountain (the one with the alien face and WOW! signal numbers on it, and did some stupid things involving symbolism and Paleto Bay. I think I'm either really bored or actually on to something, probably the former.

Ni2GsV3.jpg

So, to explain this nonsense:

RED - Top of Mt. Chiliad, Viewing Platform, Ropeway Station.

YELLOW - Agricultural fields, WOW! signal means... no idea, possible stupid hippie crap.

ORANGE - UFO crash site, ocean, not sure what the other red dot there could be, something further out to sea/stupid hippie crap

GREEN - Tree orchard, wedged between agricultural fields and the town proper. Multi-coloured probably due to hippies being stupid damn hippies

DOTTED DARK BLUE LINE - Represents the town? Not sure, could be the peninsula, or someplace else nearby, lack of any real landmarks to cement the notion.

DOTTED LIGHT BLUE LINE - Represents Old Man's Crack? 'Beam Me Up' + alien butt graffiti in that part of the Hippie Camp point to this, but the Hippie Camp map is really out of proportion if true, makes me unsure.

Alternatively, it could be a diagram of the southern face of the mountain, but I can't find any way to make that work, at all. I do know that until we find a different UFO that only shows up during rainfall, this would have to represent Chiliad in some way, and I'm pretty sure the crap littering the camp is representative of geographical features (which I'm pretty sure a lot of us are fairly certain of as well).

Also, if this was brought up previously with a much better explanation for the parallels between the map and that particular Hippie Camp feature, let me know. I skipped some 250 pages of posts after getting a headache from the first 150.

Bottom line, if any of this goes anywhere: Never trust hippies to do your cartography for you.

• Skinvisible, MrEZmoneymaker and Zantus like this

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

So, Brian has just sent me a twitter message. I think this guy knows more than people are willing to believe
  • Splurged likes this

Splurged
  • Splurged

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Splurged, 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

So, Brian has just sent me a twitter message. I think this guy knows more than people are willing to believe

Saying ?

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

EZ, ...?

:(You just need your "sunny weather" trigger  :)
I don't know if it is like that for everybody, but everytime I do Yoga with Michael (who else?) the weather gets better: if it was raining it stops, and the clouds open so that when the character goes arms wide at the end he looks like he is praising the sun (or whatever you want to call this act).

Awesome.
I thought it was just me.
Everyone else seemed to be saying yoga at gordo causes rain, but I found the same as you, it cleared my rain into sunshine. Didn't want to put words into people's mouths so didn't mention it. Could be yoga there kind of "reverses" the current weather. If it changes it at all, it's a good sign that weather conditions are key. Beyond just the rain appearance. Multi-evening weather pattern FTW!
  • MrEZmoneymaker likes this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 18 November 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Well, time for me to make my own dumb mistake/stupid theory.

Bottom line, if any of this goes anywhere: Never trust hippies to do your cartography for you.

I wouldnt say dumb or stupid at all :) pretty much the best explanation ive seen that matches all the right landmarks with general location to it.

Those damn hippies :p That is the same logic used to see the glyphs. out of proportion & lines drawn left & right, up & down. but the trails arent exactly as you see them when youre following them, as it could also be going up or down. only the initial direction it points is the guide, & where the lines meet the boxes.

The orange dot is a mystery tho? maybe something not found yet? but you cant use the map in any proportion, but only as pointers in the right direction, relative to other map markers. making anything around that side of the coastline past the crashed ufo to zancudo river max by the looks ;)

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Sorry dude! Thought you were trolling us.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Awesome.
I thought it was just me.
Everyone else seemed to be saying yoga at gordo causes rain, but I found the same as you, it cleared my rain into sunshine. Didn't want to put words into people's mouths so didn't mention it. Could be yoga there kind of "reverses" the current weather. If it changes it at all, it's a good sign that weather conditions are key. Beyond just the rain appearance. Multi-evening weather pattern FTW!

Me too, I started walking up Gordo and it started raining heavily, it cleared as I was finishing yoga. Can anyone think of any reasons why they would add characters or activities that would always change the weather? Apart from being tools to help us solve the mystery that is.

• Skinvisible likes this

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

What I cant get my head around is that if the faded one represented the one in  the ocean, how do you find it just from that clue. The ufo was found randomly. If you use the faded one I just cant see how you can go oh yep its In the ocean. There is either more clues to follow from that or it is just way to far fetched to imagine that is the only clue for it

edit: to me they have to represent more of a condition rather then a location.

I had wondered the same thing about the UFO in the Ocean.

I had drawn up one conclusion. 

here is some damage to the beach on the north shore with an Obvious broken fence.

You can see sort of like scrape marks going out into the ocean, as if the UFO had bounced a couple times before crashing.

What is more interesting is the trajectory of Zancudo to the point where the damage to the beach begins.

I can almost say indefinitely that FIB has knowledge of the crashed UFO, quite possibly shooting it down themselves.

This also would state that the UFO has not been crashed quite that long.

Just rambling.

Not that it matters I don't think, but does the crashed chopper in the paleto hotel match up on this trajectory?

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not that it matters I don't think, but does the crashed chopper in the paleto hotel match up on this trajectory?

You mean the one mentioned here? http://gtaforums.com...-in-paleto-bay/

Or is there a second one that's crashed somewhere?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users