Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
djhans
  • djhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

After 100%ing the story mode! I've been making progress in trying to decode the mystery and the more I've familiarised myself with the clues the more sure I am that another UFO awaits discovery. The hippy camp with the map representation is probably the main cipher. If we can accept that the one glyph relates to the chilliad UFO, the other one that seems to depict a UFO appearing in clear skies at night, hence the quarter moon representation, is the one that needs figuring out. The hippy map to me seems to show two separate mountains, one chilliad and the other that could be Gordo or another mountain. I've tried various things on top of Gordo but to no avail. However, my attention has been drawn to another peak that is directly across from chilliad with the hippy camp between to two, it is also close to that strange building where the fib agents hang out and I think is the one that a poster here thinks as possible pyramid glyphs. It's profile is also similar to the mountain outlined on the chilliad diagram. However so far I've drawn a blank. I've photographed the peak on my rock star account. Check amnesiahouse.

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

After 100%ing the story mode! I've been making progress in trying to decode the mystery and the more I've familiarised myself with the clues the more sure I am that another UFO awaits discovery. The hippy camp with the map representation is probably the main cipher. If we can accept that the one glyph relates to the chilliad UFO, the other one that seems to depict a UFO appearing in clear skies at night, hence the quarter moon representation, is the one that needs figuring out. The hippy map to me seems to show two separate mountains, one chilliad and the other that could be Gordo or another mountain. I've tried various things on top of Gordo but to no avail. However, my attention has been drawn to another peak that is directly across from chilliad with the hippy camp between to two, it is also close to that strange building where the fib agents hang out and I think is the one that a poster here thinks as possible pyramid glyphs. It's profile is also similar to the mountain outlined on the chilliad diagram. However so far I've drawn a blank. I've photographed the peak on my rock star account. Check amnesiahouse.

So you mean the San Chianski Mountain Range's northern peak? The one with the grave on top? Or further south, near the windmills?

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 18 November 2013 - 06:36 PM.

hence the quarter moon representation, is the one that needs figuring out. The hippy map to me seems to show two separate mountains, one chilliad and the other that could be Gordo or another mountain.

the moon symbol has already been figured out? that is how the conditions for the chiliad ufo were worked out, using the same moon symbol on that glyph.

It is half moon shaped because it is the best symbol to represent the moon.

I would think that both are chiliad. 1 in a side 3D perspective. the other as a location guide, as previously posted by ImmortalJyat a page ago.

No harm in looking there if you feel the overpowering urge to? ;)

djsniperwolf
  • djsniperwolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by djsniperwolf, 18 November 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Not that it matters I don't think, but does the crashed chopper in the paleto hotel match up on this trajectory?

You mean the one mentioned here? http://gtaforums.com...-in-paleto-bay/

Or is there a second one that's crashed somewhere?

Go to the North part of the Map and check it out. 

It has nothing to do with the Paleto Bay Crash. 

Whether there is any further meaning to it, or if it is to be used to locate the crashed UFO, I am not sure.

Just interesting how the trajectory lines up.

http://i.imgur.com/XY4hr0f.jpg

Oh, and to the guy who said he found a mistaken mountain range.  That is not far off I think...  Being bored one day, I decided to follow an unmarked FIB chopper.

Low and behold, it traveled North West to the exact same location.  I continued to follow it just to be forced into the ocean.  The FIB Helicopter was able to continue off to a very specific path in the distance.

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I am pretty sure I put in more hrs than most. That is all

doubt it. i saw your twitpics and i have to say ur 1 breakdown away from reaching brian-like godliness 

• kama0kazi likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Found this interesting, from the game files data_lang_american

Children of the Mountain is a world leader in self-awareness training, with more than 1000 virtual offices in 25 countries and corporate headquarters in the Cayman Islands.~n~~n~<li>We are NOT a cult or a religion.</li><li>We don't believe in anything.</li>~n~We are a personal development community, using our unique knowledge of human spirituality and development to put you in touch with your true dimension, in stages, for a price.

Isn't Cris Formage/Epsilon also linked to the Cayman Islands?

Are they one in the same scam?

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Children of the Mountain is a world leader in self-awareness training, with more than 1000 virtual offices in 25 countries and corporate headquarters in the Cayman Islands.~n~~n~<li>We are NOT a cult or a religion.</li><li>We don't believe in anything.</li>~n~We are a personal development community, using our unique knowledge of human spirituality and development to put you in touch with your true dimension, in stages, for a price.

Are the one in the same scam?

yeah he dipped out with my money =((

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Hotboxing in my Lazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

They are both scams/cults

All Children Of The Mountain is, is what Darius Fountain (Spelling?) had started up as a religion to rival Cris Formage.

Darius Fountain then sold it off or lost it to a new guy, then the name was changed to Children Of The Mountain.  

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

They are both scams/cults

All Children Of The Mountain is, is what Darius Fountain (Spelling?) had started up as a religion to rival Cris Formage.

Darius Fountain then sold it off or lost it to a new guy, then the name was changed to Children Of The Mountain.  

Cayman islands is where rich people go and take their money to dodge taxes. popular place for off-shore banking

djhans
  • djhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

[quote name="ImmortalJyat" post="1064103214" timestamp="1384799226"][quote name="djhans" post="1064103146" timestamp="1384798724"]
[quote]
So you mean the San Chianski Mountain Range's northern peak? The one with the grave on top? Or further south, near the windmills?[/quote]

I mean the one just south of the humane labs.

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by chilltyperiod, 18 November 2013 - 08:07 PM.

*hoping for a breakthrough!!*

By the way, FZ has power to sh*t off your lazer jet if you keep flying above it. It gets shut down while still in perfect condition over and over and i have to start it up again every time.

Still trying to get something from having 5 stars @ FZ airspace.

This time I did not see the Titans scrambling.
So definitely more to this my hunch.
  • tonywehbe likes this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 18 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

I would think that both are chiliad. 1 in a side 3D perspective. the other as a location guide, as previously posted by ImmortalJyat a page ago.

Looking at the hippie site mountain, the chiliad side mountain view, it is showing all the glyphs in there relative place. if you took into consideration the hippie view (box still marked in reverse like mural), also the far left mountain part with a single box, is painted blue, this could mean water, like the other part of the alien murals? maybe the crashed ufo is this 1?

The alien crying next to a dead one seems to make reference to the half ufo glyph box (meaning death? & maybe due to the crashed ufo?) as the 1 extra box has red paint coming out the bottom, same as the half ufo glyph box.

If im incorrect the location of a 6th glyph would be above the train station or general area, would be my guess ;)

• Awolspitfire likes this

IM_A_AFOL
  • IM_A_AFOL

Eye sea u

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by IM_A_AFOL, 18 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Well I have followed this thread since day one so no "dude read the last 860 pages bullsh*t" etc etc my last idea that there's something in the ocean and Freemasons ideas got me called an idiot, which I'm not so has made me less inclined to share ideas. However, u have just loaded up game as Trevor, had a huff of gas, as u do, and woke up on top of those alien towers covered in alien stuff. Someone said about segregate and rearrange is an anagram of blah blah blah near the range. Anyone else seen in the Lost' trailer park a stage and the band are called the range. And there's 3 members with 3 different coloured seats. Check it out. Also to the complete dick who said I added a letter to the film production company to spell epsilon, and that at 40% I should "play the game like any other half decent player" go F yourself because I am pretty sure I put in more hrs than most. That is all

"Dude we are only 442ish pages in" and if you hav been here all along you would know snapmatic pics or you are wasting everyones time.

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 18 November 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Looking at the hippie site mountain, the chiliad side mountain view, it is showing all the glyphs in there relative place. if you took into consideration the hippie view (box still marked in reverse like mural), also the far left mountain part with a single box, is painted blue, this could mean water, like the other part of the alien murals? maybe the crashed ufo is this 1?

The alien crying next to a dead one seems to make reference to the half ufo glyph box (meaning death? & maybe due to the crashed ufo?) as the 1 extra box has red paint coming out the bottom, same as the half ufo glyph box.

If im incorrect the location of a 6th glyph would be above the train station or general area, would be my guess ;)

Yep, I've considered that as well, like 15 pages ago. I'm going to check out a few of the locations mentioned today, see if they reveal anything.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by tadd, 18 November 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Have we thought about the 2 left x's are linked to the chiliad ufo (the 2 glyphs on the left side of chiliad) and the 3 x's on the right are linked to the jetpack side...

i would be interested to know if 1. The glyphs roughly line up on chiliad to the mural (enough to know which is the group of 2 on the left and which is the group of 3 on the right) and 2. If the glyphs at the hippy camp match up to the set of 3 glyphs on the right side... if it does i think the hippy camp is the next step after chiliad in the step by step for the possible jetpack lol

edit: didnt manage to get on today to do the morse footage but will get on asap

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yep, I've considered that as well, like 15 pages ago. I'm going to check out a few of the locations mentioned today, see if they reveal anything.

Yes i really need to catchup on a few pages :( i do remember the topic being mentioned recently. Was looking over the hippie site for clues to the "wow" signal location. Noticed those things when relooking at it. Good luck! hope you find something interesting ;)

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 18 November 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Have we thought about the 2 left x's are linked to the chiliad ufo (the 2 glyphs on the left side of chiliad) and the 3 x's on the right are linked to the jetpack side...

Yes they do. They split the 2 glyphs that worked out the conditions for chiliad ufo tho, even swapping the incorrect placed glyph on the mural to the correct side doesnt change above.

If we were to remove those 2, the tower glyph would be on the right, with the half ufo & full ufo glyphs the left.

This would make your theory, the tower glyph is the jetpack, the 2 ufo's are the ufo's :p or if the wrong sided glyph was left in the mural position, the half ufo would be with the tower glyph.

Also only two of the glyphs are at the actual hippie site itself, they do show the exact conditions to see chiliad ufo also (rain cloud, 3 at night) the 3rd glyph is in the sand & on the other side of the hill of the hippie site. The tower glyph.

Due to this, plus the "wow" code added minus the first number "6" would be an interesting clue to figure out ;)

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 18 November 2013 - 08:58 PM.

I believe this is the mountain djhans was referring to, the southern peak of the San Chianski Mountain Range:

http://rsg.ms/1aNyI1v

As for rossmacno1's mention of The Range at the Lost MC camp, I noticed it myself last night, during an insomnia session, playing Soulwax FM around the two water towers nearby (again, was getting paranoid and insane). Decided to check it out, flew to the maximum altitude, flew in circles around it, lower and lower, found no UFO or anything similar. Might be something there, but I doubt it. Seems to just be a regular shooting range. Posting images of it here anyway, since I'm not the only one who noticed it, apparently.

During the day: http://rsg.ms/1aNzrzE

At night: http://rsg.ms/1aNA2BB

Going to check around Paleto Bay now.

Yes i really need to catchup on a few pages :( i do remember the topic being mentioned recently. Was looking over the hippie site for clues to the "wow" signal location. Noticed those things when relooking at it. Good luck! hope you find something interesting ;)

Check the links in my signature, the second one is basically what I was referring to. A whole mess of insomnia ramblings there. lol

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ok forget about what worked out what... how many glyphs that match chiliad glyphs are at the hippy camp?

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

2, moon and rain

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 18 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Ok forget about what worked out what... how many glyphs that match chiliad glyphs are at the hippy camp?

see above post. i edited mine as i was double checking things as i was going through it ;)

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

I believe this is the mountain djhans was referring to, the southern peak of the San Chianski Mountain Range:

http://rsg.ms/1aNyI1v

As for rossmacno1's mention of The Range at the Lost MC camp, I noticed it myself last night, during an insomnia session, playing Soulwax FM around the two water towers nearby (again, was getting paranoid and insane). Decided to check it out, flew to the maximum altitude, flew in circles around it, lower and lower, found no UFO or anything similar. Might be something there, but I doubt it. Seems to just be a regular shooting range. Posting images of it here anyway, since I'm not the only one who noticed it, apparently.

During the day: http://rsg.ms/1aNzrzE

At night: http://rsg.ms/1aNA2BB

Going to check around Paleto Bay now.

Check the links in my signature, the second one is basically what I was referring to. A whole mess of insomnia ramblings there. lol

I still find those three colours odd, there must be a reason for it, except it had usage for an old and removed mission.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Lets apply some logic to the sunken UFO. This is the only UFO we agree is the real deal. We can see this UFO at any time in the game. The other 3 we see after 100% are man made, and reinforce this.

Its reasonable to believe that an advanced alien race would triangulate where they lost contact with the crew and send another to investigate. One of the large satellites being inspected points right toward that area.
Could the scientists be picking up signals a ufo is sending in an attempt to make contact with the crew of the downed ufo?

I think some time needs spent in a boat, and in the air above the sunken ufo. Different conditions as well.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do another play through. There is something deeply unsatisfying about having the Simeon and Altruist Shootout random event incomplete. Is there any other little things I should know, things that need to be done before something or you can't complete everything etc

Simeon Yatarian randoms for F & M before Mr. Phillips

Get the right 4 randoms up to the Altruists

Anymore?

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Let's go back to the Altruist camp for a minute. I find it to be the single most mysterious place in the entire game. As we all know, they have this weird obsession with light and color. They talk about finding a spectrometer, which is a device used to measure properties of light and the frequency of color. Their website has different lines of morse code as a different color on the color spectrum. Around the camp there are many drawings and writings of various colors, mostly red and yellow suns. However, it appears as though the drawings and writings have a connection. This has led me to believe that each drawing is telling us something.

Now if you take all the writings and put them together in the correct order based on the color spectrum you get this:

"He is risen! His light shines on us all.
Son of God! Ur path is lit!
See the eye! Embrace the light. Give thanks.
Praise him. We are his children."

The order is Blue, Green, Red, Yellow.

The drawings are also these colors:
Blue - red sun rising over blue water
Green - yellow flowers and green grass
Red - various red suns
Yellow - various yellow suns

Ok so this might sound a bit nuts and could be interpreted in different ways but what I get from it is this:

He is risen! His light shines on us all. = the sun rising over the ocean horizon bringing light onto the world.
Son of God! Your path is lit! = yellow flowers stand out in the grass, a lit path if you will.
See the eye! Embrace the light. Give thanks. = red eye on the mural/UFO with a beam of light.
Praise him. We are his children. = the ultimate prize.

In this case, God is the sun/UFO, creator of all life. Praise him and embrace his light. Do this correctly and he will give us all that we desire. I believe the giant sun on the water tower, the one that is very similar to the Chiliad glyphs is the UFO, it's facing towards the mountain. The Altruist believe it/he is their God. Also, on the building next to the church you can see this same drawing but at the top right there is a single eye, very similar to the single eye glyph. Sort of resembles a UFO flying near the sun.

It seems as though the Altruist believe that a sacrifice is needed in order to obtain his knowledge. It looks as if everyone in the camp gathers around the rock to witness a public sacrifice. The cave below the camp to me looks like a burial site. Whoever/whatever he is might be buried there. 

Although this hasn't let to anything at all, it is very interesting the amount of detail that went into this place, especially with the colors. Also, Issac Newton, who pretty much invented the color wheel, believed that there is a connection between colors, musical notes, objects in the solar system and days of the week. He believed that each color represented a note on the music scale. Music plays at the Altruist camp for some reason? This also reminds me of Close Encounters when they're communicating with the ship, each note produced a color of light. Anyway, I'm going to keep this my main focus of exploration for now, hope this helps in some way.
  • MrEZmoneymaker and jamston like this

ImmortalJyat
  • ImmortalJyat

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by ImmortalJyat, 18 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

So odd occurrence, not sure if it was an audio glitch or due to my actions, but...

So just out of boredom, decided to try 'lighting' the rocket at the Up-n-Atom Diner in Paleto Bay, traced around the edges of it with the jerry can, left a nice, vaguely-triangular sort of outline around it and the three legs it's got, then lit the gas on fire. Nothing happened, beyond a bit of fire and smoke, then about halfway into the fire going out, I heard a high-pitched beep... Can't seem to make it happen a second time, going to try loading an earlier save to do it again.

EDIT: Yes. I did it a second time. I thought I effed up and it didn't work at all after I loaded the earlier save and re-did it. Just to completely put it to rest, I did it one more time, and after not hearing the beep, decided to just leave, and delete this whole post. The moment I moved Michael away from the rocket/turned away from it (almost to the building), the thing beeped at me, exactly the same as the first time.

Can anyone else confirm this, or is my PS3 screwing up on me?

EDIT #2: Steps seem to go like this: Light area under the rocket with jerry can. Wait for it to extinguish/come close to finishing. Turn around, away from the rocket, and walk away. Beep should play.

I can't get it to happen a second time without re-loading the earlier save, might be a one-time thing per playthrough.

Going to try to get a video of this.

EDIT #3: Screw it, I think it was an audio glitch, disregard this post unless you're really banking on it being for real.

EDIT #4: Managed to do it AGAIN. AFTER I GAVE UP. SO MUCH ANGER RIGHT NOW.

DISREGARD THIS POST, THE BEEP IS A RANDOM NOISE MADE BY THE ROCKET. WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SIGNIFICANT IS UNKNOWN. UNTIL EVIDENCE OR FURTHER RESEARCH SAYS OTHERWISE, THE BEEPING IS LIKELY UNRELATED TO MT. CHILIAD'S MURAL OR THE MYSTERY SURROUNDING TO IT.

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I like where you are going with this post, the altruists are certainly the most mysterious part of the game for me. They are not in any 'official' missions and it would be very easy to overlook them.

But the reason I quoted you above is, why in that order? Wouldn't the logical order be the way the colour spectrum goes .... British kids say it with me now ... Richard of York Gave Battle In vain, that is Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I like where you are going with this post, the altruists are certainly the most mysterious part of the game for me. They are not in any 'official' missions and it would be very easy to overlook them.

But the reason I quoted you above is, why in that order? Wouldn't the logical order be the way the colour spectrum goes .... British kids say it with me now ... Richard of York Gave Battle In vain, that is Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

Roy G. Biv

• IM_A_AFOL likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Is this text from Eyefind website in game, or does anybody know what it is for?

--- EYEFOUNDIT! Look what EYE found! ---

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Hotboxing in my Lazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think some time needs spent in a boat, and in the air above the sunken ufo. Different conditions as well.

I did that. 

I wont say I did it a lot, but I did it for 3 days at least with a full moon and rain, and crescent moon and rain. 

But of course, it would hurt to have a few people trying with different things going, because 1 person cant do it all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users