• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

LOL ZOMG

HURRR DURRRR I DONT HAVE %100 OR EVEN OWN THE GAME BUT I THINK I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU GUYS 

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CHECK ANYTHING OR GIVE ANY CREDIBLE ADVICE BUT YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG LOL HAHAHAHAHA

ONCE I GET %100 ILL HELP WITH THE SEARCH BUT YOU SHOULD STILL ALL TRY MY THEORIES HURRR DURRRR

Like okay, can we make it a rule to not follow any leads that are from people that don't actually own the game or are not yet at a %100

It's getting ridiculous trying to actually solve things when people are talking about "my friend said he found a jetpack hurr durr" and people are actually investing time into these theories 

Lets get on track guys

• Benjamoose likes this

Dogman13
  • Dogman13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

What if....you see Sasquatch flying the Jetpack around @ 3: am in a thunderstorm near Mt. Josiah!?!? Has anyone tried that?!?
  • Bongwatre likes this

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

After reading all of this I actually don't care anymore lol. Not because it's not cool or anything, but because of all the bickering. At the end of the day, everyone has there own ideas for the clues etc but I think the only way we are going to make any progress with this is if people simply stop talking bull, stop trolling and stop to skim read the entire thread before posting.

I'm going back to the yoga mission with Michael so I can trip my balls off... again lol

*stops reading after 1s sentence*

you're worthless to this thread, leave

*stops reading after the first word* nobody gives a f*ck dude. You're even more worthless posting sh*t like this.

you make no sense you f*ckin idiot

Anyone who calls himself "God Level" is an even bigger f*ckin idiot, but then again, you are a punk ass b!tch!!!!

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I got news for you, cracking this puzzle will have far less to do with brains than it will with persistence.

*stops reading and give no f*cks to what you have to say*

F*CK YOU, PUNK ASS BIOTCH!!!!

You're an Internet tough guy, in the real world I'd make your a$$ squeal.

Get the f*ck out, stupid a$$.

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

plot twist: this big easter egg leads to fireworks spelling out in the sky "lol"

Genius contribution there you knuckle-dragging troglodyte.

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Why is everyone in this thread trying to be a genius?

I got news for you, cracking this puzzle will have far less to do with brains than it will with persistence.

At this point, I believe R* DID NOT intentionally put red herrings in the game, I believe they intentionally convoluted the hell out of the clues ;).

1. A Jetpack DOES exist.
2. The UFO we will likely be able to fly sits atop the Alien Hippy Station Wagon
3. Chiliad likely will open up at some point.

I bet R* is cracking up daily at our plight.

Keep at it all, I know I am. Will post again when I discover something.

I feel that the puzzle can be cracked using "Alignment". :catspider:

No offense but you too are trying to be a genius, amigo!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum no.

I'm not.

I'm trying to be coop and solve a cool puzzle with coherent people, not punks living in mommy and daddy's basement.

Gamers (you know who you punk asses are hanging out at GameStop with your poor postures) are the biggest bunch of dumb a$$es on the planet and totally unfit to solve this.

Therefore, adults unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids, go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I'll tell your Mom and Dad's.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

This thread is dyin out guys ,and the trolls are comin .  Im running out of ideas . I been searching the mountains all day and nada . You would think with all those mountains even if there was nothing in them they would throw in a couple caves . I dont get it .I checked out the humane place for a while , as long as i stayed on the higher area by the water tanks i did not get any stars .

I rolled the big orange ball down the hill , tried to blow it up with no luck . i tried grenedes sticky bombs and guns .. had no rocket launchers . maybe we have to get it somewhere , who the f*ck knows at this point .

Anyone notice the hippy camp UFO changes location if you get too close to it ? 

Does this happen to the one at the fort also ?

I can find it but if i lose it and try to find it again i cant .

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by proxygeek, 12 October 2013 - 12:42 AM.

LOL ZOMG

HURRR DURRRR I DONT HAVE %100 OR EVEN OWN THE GAME BUT I THINK I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU GUYS 

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CHECK ANYTHING OR GIVE ANY CREDIBLE ADVICE BUT YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG LOL HAHAHAHAHA

ONCE I GET %100 ILL HELP WITH THE SEARCH BUT YOU SHOULD STILL ALL TRY MY THEORIES HURRR DURRRR

Like okay, can we make it a rule to not follow any leads that are from people that don't actually own the game or are not yet at a %100

It's getting ridiculous trying to actually solve things when people are talking about "my friend said he found a jetpack hurr durr" and people are actually investing time into these theories 

Lets get on track guys

Someone needs to crawl 44 pages of material and compile a coherent thread.

The problem is the trolls and dumb a$$es will invariably just contaminate it all over again.

There is another alternative. PM me for more info.

• Bongwatre likes this

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

This thread is dyin out guys ,and the trolls are comin .  Im running out of ideas . I been searching the mountains all day and nada . You would think with all those mountains even if there was nothing in them they would throw in a couple caves . I dont get it .I checked out the humane place for a while , as long as i stayed on the higher area by the water tanks i did not get any stars .

I rolled the big orange ball down the hill , tried to blow it up with no luck . i tried grenedes sticky bombs and guns .. had no rocket launchers . maybe we have to get it somewhere , who the f*ck knows at this point .

Anyone notice the hippy camp UFO changes location if you get too close to it ? 

Does this happen to the one at the fort also ?

I can find it but if i lose it and try to find it again i cant .

Exactly.

Well put.

There is a lot to put together, a couple of thoughtful folks TRIED to do this for everyone, and the kiddies got to the board.

There is some sound data in this thread, but it needs compilation.

Sakred
  • Sakred

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

For anyone reading, this is the past 2 pages:

http://1.bp.blogspot...ngster copy.jpg

Skip it.

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

For anyone reading, this is the past 2 pages:

http://1.bp.blogspot...ngster copy.jpg

Skip it.

LOL!!!!

Exactly. I've seen that before, so hilarious.

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Having read this whole thread to the point of using up my data allowance on my mobile contract I have seen mention a few times of the fib and or normal police turning up at the dishes at the same time as the ufo and as unexpectedly and assumedly without reason.

they spawn 10am and leave arround arround 5 pm as far as i watched it. will try and see if they spawn later.

I am wondering if anyone has been positioned there sat in either a police car or fib vehicle and listened to the radio chatter before, during and after this event?

doubt it because i cant understand the chatter at all. only piece of it. but will give it a try

Thankyou for trying this. I am not 100% so can not try it myself. I understand that's a long time to wait and listen, maybe just a few minutes before to hear the callout and then a few minutes into it would show if there is anything worth continuing to listen for.

Only found out so far that it is a triggered event. you have to be there at 10 am to see the scientist (yp only one because it seems like the others have patched out, but that has to be confirmed yet)

gonna try the cop chatter after work if i get the time 

Has any use for stopping the light on the lighthouse been found yet? Would stopping it in a certain spot allow you to get in the house maybe?

was at the lighthouse tried to stop the spinning but oddly it didnt work. maybe i wasnt at the right spot or maybe they fixed it in 1.03

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Has anyone dumped the sub in the Alamo Sea yet?

It would be a biotch if those Xs were underwater and not on land.

Has anyone figured out if the PENRIS building sign stars truly glow red after accomplishing something or it's just a bug?

The PENRIS ground sculpture seems to be telling us to look through the telescopes.

iDogma
  • iDogma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

How many controllable light house towers are there?

god level
  • god level

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

How many controllable light house towers are there?

Themrphenix
  • Themrphenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

I'm starting to think that if there is a jetpack in game,it is locked out.When I say locked out I mean there might be a timer that says you have to have so much time played in single player for it to unlock?It has to rain so many times to rust out the grates by the saw mill!

it also could be it is locked out until rockstar launches the heist dlc for multiplayer!It could also be a timing thing that has be executed perfectly for it to trigger?

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'm starting to think that if there is a jetpack in game,it is locked out.When I say locked out I mean there might be a timer that says you have to have so much time played in single player for it to unlock?It has to rain so many times to rust out the grates by the saw mill!

it also could be it is locked out until rockstar launches the heist dlc for multiplayer!It could also be a timing thing that has be executed perfectly for it to trigger?

Hehe, I long ago started thinking that if/when it's found, the answer is going to be so simple, and perhaps even so obvious, that there is going to be quite a bit of forehead slapping going on all over the world. I'll be one of the forehead slappers....XD

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hehe, I long ago started thinking that if/when it's found, the answer is going to be so simple, and perhaps even so obvious, that there is going to be quite a bit of forehead slapping going on all over the world. I'll be one of the forehead slappers....XD

But by that logic, if it was so simple, then wouldn't it have been solved by now?

I think we've exhausted all the simple sh*t and we've MOVED UP to all this deep research involving overlaying of maps and stuff.

I think it's meant to be looked at like a complex puzzle

Not meant to be solved right away like how everyone got %100 in the first 2 days

This is meant to be a journey taken after the story mode to keep you occupied to find out some crazy stuff about San Andreas

I mean who knows, maybe the story mode wasn't even a fraction of the stuff we can do in the game

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by Benjamoose, 12 October 2013 - 02:32 AM.

Ok so I saw in another thread that someone says 'what's up' to one of the alien monument hippies, and he replied 'it's not good. The government opened up Orion's Belt and unleashed hell.' We know Orion's Belt is three stars in a line like the bottom of the mural? Can someone look, maybe from the observatory, and check the stars out at night?

Orions Belt is actually a distant galaxy. Or nebula, I forget.

It's three stars in the constellation of Orion. It's likely that the Hippy mentioning Orion's Belt is simply referencing one of the strong plot points of the original Men in Black movie.

LOL ZOMG

Lets get on track guys

I agree.

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

After reading all of this I actually don't care anymore lol. Not because it's not cool or anything, but because of all the bickering. At the end of the day, everyone has there own ideas for the clues etc but I think the only way we are going to make any progress with this is if people simply stop talking bull, stop trolling and stop to skim read the entire thread before posting.

I'm going back to the yoga mission with Michael so I can trip my balls off... again lol

*stops reading after 1s sentence*

you're worthless to this thread, leave

*stops reading after the first word* nobody gives a f*ck dude. You're even more worthless posting sh*t like this.

you make no sense you f*ckin idiot

That's because you can't f*cking read. That's why you only read the first sentence.

Farkle
  • Farkle

Weewooweeewoooweewooo

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by Farkle, 12 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

But by that logic, if it was so simple, then wouldn't it have been solved by now?

I think we've exhausted all the simple sh*t and we've MOVED UP to all this deep research involving overlaying of maps and stuff.

Not meant to be solved right away like how everyone got %100 in the first 2 days

This is meant to be a journey taken after the story mode to keep you occupied to find out some crazy stuff about San Andreas

I mean who knows, maybe the story mode wasn't even a fraction of the stuff we can do in the game

I say that because in over 30 years of games, many with hidden puzzles/eggs of some such, I've seen some kind of variation of this thread end in "Oh wow, How the hell did I/we miss that!?!?!" more times than I can count. Even before internet, I've seen rooms full of computer geeks and brilliant nerd types do the same thing at some of my father's work, back in the '80's.

People tend to assume that they've thought of all the simple, obvious junk, and get caught up in the extreme over thinking. Not surprisingly, this happens more often with higher degrees of intelligence.

Sometimes the answer is  almost found early on in the search, but the path people were on at the time gets discarded for whatever reason. Sometimes the answer is so obvious people assume that it can't possibly be the real answer, and discount it immediately without even investigating. And sometimes there is just one or two pieces of key information overlooked that make an otherwise simple puzzle impossible to solve. Many things can happen, not happen, or otherwise go wrong, and throw everything off track, and who knows, there could already have been people within a hair's width from solving this, only to have been debunked has completely wrong because they didn't do one specific part of the solution exactly right.

That's not to say this isn't a complex puzzle in itself. But even the most complex questions can sometimes have the the most incredibly simple answers when viewed in hindsight and totality. 

Edit:

Just to contribute a bit more than some vague speculation on the human capacity to overlook, here's my thought on the mural itself.

I think it's literally a map of sorts, all by itself, and an instruction manual as well. I think all by itself it tells quite a bit more than some people give it credit for. I think it literally says that to crack the puzzle (cracked egg), you must follow these specific paths (the lines that I don't pretend to fully understand), and that the ufos are directly connected to the jet pack looking guy. I definitely am not surprised that this mural has led people to glyphs, and such, but I also think the entire solution is written on that wall when one fully understands it. It tells the steps, including finding various elements such has certain specific glyphs, and once the directions are followed, then the secret will unlock.

Needless to say, this isn't any brilliant revelation. I'm not the first to think this. I do however think that due to missing some key elements of info, people are starting to look for the missing pieces in a manner that the directions do not call for.

In turn, I think this is making things more cluttered and difficult than need be.

Personally, I would "hit the reset", re-organize, maybe form up some teams to chase some specific theories, and focus on the basics again for a bit. Brainstorming is great, and very productive much of the time, but once it gets too out of control, it just creates more work than it helps. And frankly, while there has been some real good work done on this, it's starting to look like it's reached that "out of control" state.     

• Xx-Starchild-xX, Benjamoose, themutedtrumpet and 1 other like this

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I say that because in over 30 years of games, many with hidden puzzles/eggs of some such, I've seen some kind of variation of this thread end in "Oh wow, How the hell did I/we miss that!?!?!" more times than I can count. Even before internet, I've seen rooms full of computer geeks and brilliant nerd types do the same thing at some of my father's work, back in the '80's.

People tend to assume that they've thought of all the simple, obvious junk, and get caught up in the extreme over thinking. Not surprisingly, this happens more often with higher degrees of intelligence.

Sometimes the answer is  almost found early on in the search, but the path people were on at the time gets discarded for whatever reason. Sometimes the answer is so obvious people assume that it can't possibly be the real answer, and discount it immediately without even investigating. And sometimes there is just one or two pieces of key information overlooked that make an otherwise simple puzzle impossible to solve. Many things can happen, not happen, or otherwise go wrong, and throw everything off track, and who knows, there could already have been people within a hair's width from solving this, only to have been debunked has completely wrong because they didn't do one specific part of the solution exactly right.

That's not to say this isn't a complex puzzle in itself. But even the most complex questions can sometimes have the the most incredibly simple answers when viewed in hindsight and totality. 

Okay I can understand where you're coming from

Hm makes me think about replaying everything and just looking a bit closer into detail 

Grumbledore
  • Grumbledore

Can make the air smell

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Has anyone dumped the sub in the Alamo Sea yet?

It would be a biotch if those Xs were underwater and not on land.

Has anyone figured out if the PENRIS building sign stars truly glow red after accomplishing something or it's just a bug?

The PENRIS ground sculpture seems to be telling us to look through the telescopes.

red light at the penris building comes from the pyramid tower in front of it it has a red light at the top. nothing more then a viewing bug.

alamos sea has been searched. a guy on rededit claimed to have found a glyph underwater but doesnt now the location anymore. but i know that the brickwork he saw is there

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

Wanted to throw an idea around:

UV lights added a secret layer of info to the collectors edition map, right? What if something similar was put in game. Meaning if we use some in game UV light to see the mural or the glyphs, we'll see a hidden message that will give us new info.

So I started thinking where I could get a UV light in game, and here are my best ideas:

1. Go to the car customs shop and see if any of the headlights upgrades might be special. Then use this special headlight to look at the mural.

2. The space docker! I saw a video of this car (the one you get after completing the UFO parts).. This car is covered in UV lighting when you drive it. Maybe use its UV to shine some new light on the mural

I'm still far from 100% so maybe someone could check this out?

god level
  • god level

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by god level, 12 October 2013 - 04:13 PM.

UV lights added a secret layer of info to the collectors edition map, right? What if something similar was put in game. Meaning if we use some in game UV light to see the mural or the glyphs, we'll see a hidden message that will give us new info.

So I started thinking where I could get a UV light in game, and here are my best ideas:

1. Go to the car customs shop and see if any of the headlights upgrades might be special. Then use this special headlight to look at the mural.

2. The space docker! I saw a video of this car (the one you get after completing the UFO parts).. This car is covered in UV lighting when you drive it. Maybe use its UV to shine some new light on the mural

i cant believe how many times i've seen this same idea on this thread. does 1 person own all accounts who post it? for the 43rd time, the space docker has no special use. Don't believe me? go re-confirm it with rockstar again

• ClaireFarron89 likes this

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

i cant believe how many times i've seen this same idea on this thread. does 1 person own all accounts who post it? for the 43rd time, the space docker how no special use. Don't believe me? go re-confirm it with rockstar again

*read the first sentence and stops * You're wrong and i can't wait to rub it in your face. The space docker obviously has some sort of use. You really think they would make a car which looks like it has use but really has no use? It might not be used to get a jet pack, but i know it has a purpose in the game. Look at the damn thing! There is so much stuff on the car. Now stop f*cking being a know it all and let people say what they want on here. If you don't like it....too bad bitch/

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

inb4 Rockstar puts a multiplayer heist in where you have to steal a jetpack from a military base inside Mt. Chiliad

• god level likes this

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I've mentioned this before:
UV light isn't green. The Space Docker lights are green.

UV light (also known as Black Light) is Ultra Violet. It's has a purple hue...

And there are NO upgrades for lights besides Xenon lights, which are just high intensity lights similar to LED in brightness.

i cant believe how many times i've seen this same idea on this thread. does 1 person own all accounts who post it? for the 43rd time, the space docker how no special use. Don't believe me? go re-confirm it with rockstar again

*read the first sentence and stops * You're wrong and i can't wait to rub it in your face. The space docker obviously has some sort of use. You really think they would make a car which looks like it has use but really has no use? It might not be used to get a jet pack, but i know it has a purpose in the game. Look at the damn thing! There is so much stuff on the car. Now stop f*cking being a know it all and let people say what they want on here. If you don't like it....too bad bitch/

Rockstar have already confirmed that the Docker has no use. Now whether they're misinformed or the support don't truly know is debatable.

But for now it's been enough to have us put it on the back burner.

He may have been a little forward with you, but calling someone a "bitch" is a sure-fire way to have someone suddenly and completely stop caring about what you're trying to say.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

To be fair, it has been reported in this thread a lot of times that rockstar were asked if the space docker had any use in the game because the user had lost his.
The reply was that no it isn't special but rather just a bonus car that looks fancy.

Whether that reply means it has no use in the game full stop or whether no use in the mission part of the game we don't know but it lends itself to mean any where in the game.

I do like your way of thinking, i thought the same until i read up that others have tried it.
They have also tried honking its horn etc to the ufos with no luck.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Sorry, these guys ^^ type faster than me lol.
  • Benjamoose likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users