Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think the 'back to the future' idea is very interesting.

after all the game begins with 'ten years ago' in north yankton.

there is a alien there also.

the spacedocker has similarities to the 'Delorean'.

and the real purpose of the spacedocker is unknown, but you get it as a price.

the abilities of Michael and Franklin could fit right in.

• Fran_Halen likes this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nothing happened at the Altruist camp yet. It might take more than a couple of tries. I did a few test runs to see what might be the quickest way and even though it looks like you could take the trail there, the quickest route is if you drive the way the bikes are facing and straight off the wooden ramp and then parachute. You can make it there right at an hour or quicker if you don't slip up at all. I thought the way the bikes are facing might be important but idk. I like the idea of getting somewhere in a certain amount of time but now I'm thinking the trails are important and they might be the lines on the mural. Now I'm wondering if we need to get to the camp in not an hour but before the sun rises since the water tower has the glyph facing the sunrise over Chiliad. If someone who has completed the Altruist camp side quest would like to try this too that would be great because I can't complete it now since I've taken all the hitchhikers where they wanted to go. I just hope that doesn't matter.

Franklins abilities could be handy here.

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

tresshold, that's true but they always try to kill Franklin. Maybe they won't though if this is part of a trigger. I will try that.

I'm also curious as to why there are two bikes. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you put a marker on the map and then switch characters and then the other character will drive to that destination? That seems like a like of work to do in a certain time limit but idk. Maybe two characters need to get to certain spots in a set time limit. 

• Fran_Halen likes this

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

So I went to the Ft. Zancudo bunker elevator and called Lt. Slater (328-555-0145) a little after 3am when the UFO lights were going off around the bunker, and I got elevator music instead of his usual voice message. It kept playing until I got shot and Trevor hung up the phone.

I'll try it again and hopefully without wanted stars this time.

he might be flying the ufo

Real quick, who the hell is Lt. Slater, and why are we calling him? Google brings up nothing.

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by Benjamoose, 14 November 2013 - 04:49 PM.

I was cleaning out my inbox and I thought you guys would find these statistics interesting.

In the space of 12 hours, this thread generates anywhere from 150 to around 300+ replies.

Waking up with a subscription to this thread yields the following in an email inbox.

2resaww.jpg

Since this thread was started, there has been over 10,000 replies (roughly 10,500).

117wry8.jpg

Now on reflection we should probably ask ourselves;
How many of those posts were useful?
How many were made by you?

These are questions that are worth thinking about before we post again.

It's super interesting to read your theories and ideas, but it's probably worth making sure to check your ideas yourselves first in-game before asking or discussing, and to make sure your thoughts haven't already been covered already in the thread.

Anywho, I just thought you guys would find it interesting more than anything.

Here's to another 10,000 pages! Hurrah!
We'll figure it out sooner or later folks, heh!

• BurritoBandita, Modified Soul, rossmacno1 and 1 other like this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

tresshold, that's true but they always try to kill Franklin. Maybe they won't though if this is part of a trigger. I will try that.

I'm also curious as to why there are two bikes. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you put a marker on the map and then switch characters and then the other character will drive to that destination? That seems like a like of work to do in a certain time limit but idk. Maybe two characters need to get to certain spots in a set time limit. 

if they 'hangout' with each other then maybe they race together.

I mean they give each other backup in gun fights when they hangout.

so why not this.

the same as 'take control' on the bleu map.

is this do able?

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

If anyone hasnt noticed yet, the "take control" on the blieprint map just shows where the minigun is, as well as the rest of blue marks, only shows where the weapons are hidden

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Let's see what tonight's fruitless search brings. Have u seen the cracks in the pavement line up with every other one. And at certain times of the day the sun casts a strange shadow that moves around you....?? Haha, would love to just know-yes or no- if there is something to find. Don't care what or where just to know that all these hours upon hours are not being wasted. And I can have my life back :)

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

I have read this also but yet to get it to work . They just seem go go where they want anyway .

RastaSurfer
  • RastaSurfer

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Maybe that 6equj5 code goes in the keypad at the to1 door or something idk but yea like that one dude said a couple pages back maybe we need to go up to the ufo's and call a certan number to trigger or take control of something.I honestly think the (Take control) thing means take control of the FZ ufo somehow.Any ideas?

pnuta
  • pnuta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone tried riding the Dino at the cafe yet?

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

http://socialclub.ro...QP0arDJCYQs4-ig

• Macontheweb007 likes this

rimer888
  • rimer888

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone here remember the movie/book contact. If I remember correctly they communicated with extra terrestrials using numbers. I then thought of the number pi (most commonly recognized by its Greek symbol). If I wasn't working I would try this, but maybe dialing a portion of pi will trigger something, and if nothing happens dial 1999 then a portion of pi. Also I read somewhere that in 1999 there was some program that sent out a signal to space.

Probably nothing but it looks like everyone has hit a brick wall anyway.

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

TPEblueprint.jpgtake control is far away from the big tower and the minigun plus it has a arrow

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Tomorow, I will be home early and I will try some number calling stuff. Also will it be helpfull if I try to make a list with tested theories and stuff? Or is there a list made already?

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

TPEblueprint.jpgtake control is far away from the big tower and the minigun plus it has a arrow

IMO the arrow is near the red tower, with the rotating thingy. You can climb into that tower btw, up to the top. Maybe we need to do something there but I'm still convinced that the 'take control' is for the mini gun. 

pnuta
  • pnuta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

http://socialclub.ro...QP0arDJCYQs4-ig

Thanks that's that idea out the window

Smokeyrobins
  • Smokeyrobins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hey something to note the satellite on trevors trailer is point right at the hippie camp kinda towards the ufo can't really tell, and it can't be moved or shot down like most small satellites.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:44 PM Edited by Karoi, 14 November 2013 - 07:46 PM.

The reason I think it has to be done with Franklin is because:

- The green light when he does his special.

- Green is his mission/hud/game colour.

- The greenlight on the bunker.

- He survives the main storyline, no matter what

- He is the only one that can trigger Omega's mission.

I don't know, something inside me says, Franklin is the key. Ahh! I want to be solved so bad haha.

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by talkol, 14 November 2013 - 07:49 PM.

We should focus our efforts on finding the alien runes hud in the game.
This is a proven solid lead that we KNOW is in the game and nobody found it there yet.
But the mind boggles after seeing what it looks like.. It's pretty much the biggest discovery in the last couple of weeks

Already posted before but we finally got the whole animation working with the runes inside:
http://www.reddit.co..._runes_overlay/
  • pte likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by Karoi, 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM.

We should focus our efforts on finding the alien runes hud in the game.
This is a proven solid lead that we KNOW is in the game and nobody found it there yet.
But the mind boggles after seeing what it looks like..

Already posted before but we finally got the whole animation working with the runes inside:
http://www.reddit.co..._runes_overlay/

I won't be surprised if these 'alien runes' will be found in the same place where the 'jetpack/secret' is at. 

That Flash animation (http://www.fastswf.com/K5MEo2E) in the comments, is interesting. And the decipherd Flash animation: http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be is more interesting. It's probably a HUD, since the Flash animation is 1280x720...

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

dear everyone asking about the special edition map here you go http://www.ign.com/w...int_Map_Secrets google does wonders.

Next @Benjamoose, it doesnt mattter how many pages you have because its not directly related to anyone, why does everyone try to compare things.Tell me how many pages a thread needs to be to solve a case... ill wait for your answer.

To anyone who cares, i made it like 4-5 times within 1 and 1 and a half hours to the altruist camp and to several of the enclosed tunnel and sewer systems near chilliad while rain and thunder so far i havent found anything new.

Anyone still saying this is a fruitless journey, you are more than free to do anything else with your life its your choice, just dont come try to pity ruin peoples day.

People saying "has anyone tried" try it yourself first, the only reason to start a sentence with that is if you cant do it ( literally fail at it every time) 

• Fran_Halen likes this

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm back and ready to make a report from my lengthy Chiliad Investigation.
I made a lot of theories of how things could work but here is my most relevant:
Since you cannot interact with the "fake: UFO (not that you can really interact with the other 2) in anyway  (cannot go close enough/ cannot shoot it) the only POSSIBLE solution is that you might have to stand at the wooden platform (come back when your story is complete) wait for the UFO to appear and THEN manually enter a SPECIFIC phone number  [incoming mind blown theory] that has something to do with the Chiliad UFO and then it will open the shut door (inside the small building) leading to an Elevator that will lead us down to where the "UFO" "EGG" and "JETPACK" is.
Now here are some clues I found about the phone numbers:
1)You always have to start with 1-999 (if not you hear nothing and the phone says BUSY rather CONNECTED).
2)After you dial 1999 you can dial 3-10 random Numbers (You can hear many strange things when calling someone but nothing too crazy).
3)Also you might find this "clue" rather interesting-----> http://en.wikipedia....elephone_keypad
In conclusion I actually wanna start something organized  I wanna start dialing all possible phone numbers or find clues for the specific one inside the game (Who knows , it could be the 6EQUJ5 from the Hippie Camp) rather than trying random numbers.
Tell me what you think about this theory guys...

I'm a few pages behind, so this may have already been said. Grumbledore posted a couple of hundred pages back all the phone numbers from the game files. Dialling a random number will get a certain response - i.e busy tone, fax noise, answer machine - depending on the first few digits of the number.

pnuta
  • pnuta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

dear everyone asking about the special edition map here you go http://www.ign.com/w...int_Map_Secrets google does wonders.

Next @Benjamoose, it doesnt mattter how many pages you have because its not directly related to anyone, why does everyone try to compare things.Tell me how many pages a thread needs to be to solve a case... ill wait for your answer.

To anyone who cares, i made it like 4-5 times within 1 and 1 and a half hours to the altruist camp and to several of the enclosed tunnel and sewer systems near chilliad while rain and thunder so far i havent found anything new.

Anyone still saying this is a fruitless journey, you are more than free to do anything else with your life its your choice, just dont come try to pity ruin peoples day.

People saying "has anyone tried" try it yourself first, the only reason to start a sentence with that is if you cant do it ( literally fail at it every time) 

Or were not at 100% and have a possible idea that could b tried

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

You are correct to a degree. It doesn't always correlate to the relevancy of the posts. I thought it was more interesting than anything, and possibly a wakeup call for some users that post almost religiously.

It was basically saying "Of that 10,500, how many of those posts were necessary vs how many were not?".

Just random interesting statisticy stuff.

However, while you are correct, I still think personally 10,500 posts on any forum thread is a little excessive, heh.

...google does wonders.

I agree completely bud!

• Smeefy likes this

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

refer to my sig

• Benjamoose likes this

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by tonywehbe, 14 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

take control is far away from the big tower and the minigun plus it has a arrow

IMO the arrow is near the red tower, with the rotating thingy. You can climb into that tower btw, up to the top. Maybe we need to do something there but I'm still convinced that the 'take control' is for the mini gun. 

maybe the take control is separated from the round and the arrow, maybe it is for the titan, jet fighter and the buzzard attack chopper or it is (take control of the runway)

by the way i can easily jump near the rounded area between the fence without being noticed maybe this is the take control

the rounded area is obviously far from the mini gun

the military cargobob is an option too because there is some numbers written on it

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

take control is far away from the big tower and the minigun plus it has a arrow

maybe the take control is separated from the round and the arrow, maybe it is for the titan, jet fighter and the buzzard attack chopper or it is (take control of the runway)

by the way i can easily jump near the rounded are between the fence without being noticed maybe this is the take control

the round is obviously far from the mini gun

the military cargobob is an option too because ther is some numbers written on it

99.5% sure it means the minigun in the control tower

Benjamoose
  • Benjamoose

Grand Theft Auto Veteran

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

I sort of disagree a little here. This is of course my own personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it! But I personally think if someone is not at 100% then rather than suggest, they should be working to get to it.

When you're in a game state where none of these things are possible (e.g. UFOs and so forth) and you haven't explored the things we have found thus far and have thus not become aware of what is and isn't obviously feasible (e.g. questions like "can you land on the UFOs"), it's very easy to sit at the computer, compile the content in this thread, and come up with crazy ideas to try.

In my opinion it's better to reserve the ideas if you have not completed the game, to try yourself at a later date.

• kama0kazi, Smeefy and MrEZmoneymaker like this

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Can anybody confirm the Ursala rain when doing the nasty thing? i havent interacted with her yet with any character & im hoping it might help me try to test things abit quicker. As its getting irratating having to keep going & checking for rain on chiliad with no rain cheat :(

The rain isn't exclusive to Ursula. I did a booty call with a random stripper and it rained afterwards.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users