Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
robosonic
  • robosonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

I put Mount Chiliad through the anagram thing.

First thing to pop up was "Homicidal Nut". Trevor, anyone?

EDIT

Altruist Unite, the website they have. Well it turns into, "Ritual Site Nut", and "Ritual Ties Nut".

Is the Egg a nut after all this time? Is Trevor the nut and we have to have a ritual with him?

if you  put the written graffiti "revort gas says the thirtece" up in paletto bays wall down the bridge thru a anagramprog  it says" trevor is gay thats the secret"

PandaPuke
  • PandaPuke

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

I was at the observatory and i noticed on th ground all around the statue there are silver and copper lines that make some kind of sun and moon chart. I looked up the real observatory (griffith observatory) and they lines a real, they are radial lines. I have no idea how to read them or what to do with them but they are supposed to show noteable sunsets or moonsets on the horizon. could be something to it. these lines in the game are different. should be 7 and there are only 2 silver and one big copper one.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

EDIT

Altruist Unite, the website they have. Well it turns into, "Ritual Site Nut", and "Ritual Ties Nut".

Is the Egg a nut after all this time? Is Trevor the nut and we have to have a ritual with him?

I think we are getting off track with anagram theories and need to stick to proper searching. I will be strafing the entire Alamo floor and investigating the red arrows on the concrete pillars properly.
Anagrams are not going to lead to the jetpack being discovered. I am still in the belief things need to be done in a specific order towards the end of the game but for now I will just keep exploring.

YouWannaSolveThisMystery?
  • YouWannaSolveThisMystery?

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi all..

Long time reader, first time poster.

First of all, if this is known or has been mentioned, I cbf reading through whole thread again.

I was watching a doco on discovery channel about aliens and space etc.
Apparently back on august 16 1977 in Ohio, a radio telescope picked up a signal that became famous. The telescope listened to space as the Earth rotated. Just once it picked up a signal called the "wow" signal. A steady source of radio waves..a computer recorded the signal as 6 letters and numbers. Astronomer Jerry Erman saw the data and wrote one word.

6EQUJ5

This is a true story...so if any of this information helps, great. If not, sorry to have wasted your time.

Now this is what I wanted to see!

Try calling 6EQUJ5 from the mobile phone while at the top of Mount Chiliad!

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hi all..

First of all, if this is known or has been mentioned, I cbf reading through whole thread again.

Apparently back on august 16 1977 in Ohio, a radio telescope picked up a signal that became famous. The telescope listened to space as the Earth rotated. Just once it picked up a signal called the "wow" signal. A steady source of radio waves..a computer recorded the signal as 6 letters and numbers. Astronomer Jerry Erman saw the data and wrote one word.

6EQUJ5

This is a true story...so if any of this information helps, great. If not, sorry to have wasted your time.

how to dial letters and numbers????

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Calling the WOW signal has probably been done everywhere on the map by now. It certainly has been done on Chiliad, but he's welcome to try it again.

edenz21
  • edenz21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

ok, bit of a strange idea. Probable been tried.

In the film close encounters of the first kind, to cmmunicate with the UFO -

To get the spaceships' attention prior to their arrival at Devil's Tower, the five notes the scientists play are G, A, F, (octave lower) F, C. When they arrive at the tower and are attempting communication, the notes they play are B flat, C, A flat, (octave lower) A flat, E flat.

anyway of attempting this on the mobile?

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi all..

6EQUJ5

how to dial letters and numbers???

Open the mobile phone go to contacts then press SQUARE/ X (in xbox 360) and you should be able to dial anything you want...
Also read one of my previous posts , although I don't know why people here don't find it logical!
Think again, what is the purpose of the Telephone Keypad in the game?!

• spidercrows likes this

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

ok, bit of a strange idea. Probable been tried.

In the film close encounters of the first kind, to cmmunicate with the UFO -

To get the spaceships' attention prior to their arrival at Devil's Tower, the five notes the scientists play are G, A, F, (octave lower) F, C. When they arrive at the tower and are attempting communication, the notes they play are B flat, C, A flat, (octave lower) A flat, E flat.

anyway of attempting this on the mobile?

Again read the article about the Telephone Keypad on Wikipedia.
You will find many interesting things...

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Open the mobile phone go to contacts then press SQUARE/ X (in xbox 360) and you should be able to dial anything you want...
Also read one of my previous posts , although I don't know why people here don't find it logical!

thank you now i can try something new

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

bahahahahahahahahaha

spidercrows
  • spidercrows

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hi all..

6EQUJ5

I totaly agree with you

tonywehbe
  • tonywehbe

T-800

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hi all..

6EQUJ5

I totaly agree with you

for all people who get me wrong i know how to dial numbers but i do not know how to dial letters with numbers

robosonic
  • robosonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

maybe try to call that weird wow code when youre standing on top of that statelite which is standing in another direction than the others.

id like to do that but at least i only have 70% lol. didnt even start the space docker parts

low59caddy
  • low59caddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

ok ay I have a theory what if each of the drawings on mt chiliad is a different ufo and the conditions which to see them. i'm starting my search from scratch. the frist symbol I will be starting with is the one that shows the ufo over a tower. I think that tower is the one on top of the highest point on the dam. i'll let every one know what I find.

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by Ungreth, 14 November 2013 - 01:24 PM.

EDIT

If peaches and apples are the same, then I guess eggs and nuts could be the same too.

On a foggy day through squinted eyes, after a bottle of Jack Daniels.

• Macontheweb007 likes this

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Might going to try tonight, but did anyone chick into the tunnels from the 1st heist? Die diamond one where you go through escaping on the motorbikes.

I've checked it out partialy. But maybe it has some clues.

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

i found something neat!! most electrical boxes on the game say 1.21 GW well if i remember correctly thats the same amount of power needed to travel back to the future.

If your really curious, take your delorean colored space docker to the tower with clocks in game during a lightning storm while speeding through the streets.
this
This is interesting, perhaps you should travel back in time to get the jetpack? Travel back and meet CJ, or at least same time period.
get the space docker going 80mph past the clock tower by the airport GO i cant right now =(

or the clock at the south end of paleto which is ALWAYS showing the wrong hour, but the correct minute.

trusk89
  • trusk89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Ok, now people are just throwing crap around with no added value. What happened to the good ol' searching the fraking map?

• Wanderer800 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Might going to try tonight, but did anyone chick into the tunnels from the 1st heist? Die diamond one where you go through escaping on the motorbikes.

Yeah I did, totally empty.

And the whole idea with hitting musical notes to get the UFO's attention.

What if I take my my mic, and play the notes on guitar or keyboard? I know that sounds retarded, but it worked in a movie. 

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by Fran_Halen, 14 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

i found something neat!! most electrical boxes on the game say 1.21 GW well if i remember correctly thats the same amount of power needed to travel back to the future.

If your really curious, take your delorean colored space docker to the tower with clocks in game during a lightning storm while speeding through the streets.

this

Here's a pic from Lester's house of the Flux Capacitor and a note that says 88mph on it. That's how fast you needed to go in the car to travel back to 1955 in the movie.

http://socialclub.ro...TzEyuuii5vDJ7PQ

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I did, totally empty.

And the whole idea with hitting musical notes to get the UFO's attention.

What if I take my my mic, and play the notes on guitar or keyboard? I know that sounds retarded, but it worked in a movie. 

A "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" easter egg would be awesome.

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Try playing the notes from close encounters using the keypad tone on the mobile. Then dial the number you end up with.

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Try playing the notes from close encounters using the keypad tone on the mobile. Then dial the number you end up with.

Why is everybody saying try this, try that?

Go f*cking try it yourself. You tell us how to mimic close encounters of the third kind with 3 tones. 147 all have the same note, 2580, and 369.

It's like some of you morons are trying to clutter up the thread.
  • GTA564 likes this

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by Wanderer800, 14 November 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Why is everybody saying try this, try that?

Go f*cking try it yourself. You tell us how to mimic close encounters of the third kind with 3 tones. 147 all have the same note, 2580, and 369.

It's like some of you morons are trying to clutter up the thread.
Well everything sensible I suggest gets ignored so why not suggest crap that will not work? PS YOU MORON!! That mural must relate to more than one cracked egg. It represents at least two faces of Chiliad for a start.

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by Fran_Halen, 14 November 2013 - 03:46 PM.

• snoopdoug and Wanderer800 like this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

So did anyone ever try getting from the top of Chiliad to the Altruist camp in one hour? So many people post sh*t and no one ever tries it. Guess I gotta do it myself yet again.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by neku_neku, 15 November 2013 - 07:03 AM.

edited*

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

this

Here's a pic from Lester's house of the Flux Capacitor and a note that says 88mph on it. That's how fast you needed to go in the car to travel back to 1955 in the movie.

http://socialclub.ro...TzEyuuii5vDJ7PQ

Anyone know what the top speed of the docker is ?

• Fran_Halen likes this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Nothing happened at the Altruist camp yet. It might take more than a couple of tries. I did a few test runs to see what might be the quickest way and even though it looks like you could take the trail there, the quickest route is if you drive the way the bikes are facing and straight off the wooden ramp and then parachute. You can make it there right at an hour or quicker if you don't slip up at all. I thought the way the bikes are facing might be important but idk. I like the idea of getting somewhere in a certain amount of time but now I'm thinking the trails are important and they might be the lines on the mural. Now I'm wondering if we need to get to the camp in not an hour but before the sun rises since the water tower has the glyph facing the sunrise over Chiliad. If someone who has completed the Altruist camp side quest would like to try this too that would be great because I can't complete it now since I've taken all the hitchhikers where they wanted to go. I just hope that doesn't matter.

• Fran_Halen and MrEZmoneymaker like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users