Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
pnuta
  • pnuta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

The only solid lead given ingame to us is via the NPC in and around the altruist camp and its the spectrometer The use of triangle is clearly evident in the game not to mention the beams.  Either through a triangular crystal or with the help of water a spectrum can be obtained. A beam through an object that might produce the spectrum casted over to a particular object might open up somethin ?  I cant think of a triangular figure or a proper beam to project through.

Like i said before, its what the NPC said, it might be a device or a location where we need to project the light from. Image18.jpg

There is a triangle/pyramid on top of the FIB building. Which also looks like a eye from above, but we all knew that.

Maybe its a hint at the black light needed for the limited edition map?

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Also "at a place where two things meet. The shore? Seen a rhyme where war-SHure is fun. Shore-sandy shores...and that guy on michaels twitter page who looks like Jesus...Charles Manson

"Where two things meet" This came originally from the rockstar "offical" account few pages ago.

There are billions of lines in this game that "meet".

So even IF this was a legitimate R* post they didnt help us AT ALL.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Back on page 238 -

The basic function of a Spectrometer is to take in light, break it into its spectral components (parts of the light spectrum), digitise the signal as a function of wavelength, and read it out and display it through a computer.

As there is a lot of graffiti about light at the camp it's safe to assume that they are using a particular type of light at the camp on this Spectrometer. As the Altruists hate the sun, it's safe to assume they mean light that shines at night.

This would be moon light, star light or the light of the UFO. Spectrometers are often attached to telescopes and used to detect the temperature and composition of stars but can also be used to identify the elements within a particular sample of material.

It's possible that the Spectrometer is used on the UFO at Mount Chiliad and the light emitted from it could provide a further clue when analysed. But is the Spectrometer a collectible item that can be used by a character in the game or is this NCP just a scripted event to add verisimilitude to the Altruist cult?

Just thought that it would help raising this again as the Spectrometer theory has come back around (it took 170ish pages as well, that's good going!)

• tdurbo likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Also "at a place where two things meet. The shore? Seen a rhyme where war-SHure is fun. Shore-sandy shores...and that guy on michaels twitter page who looks like Jesus...Charles Manson

"Where two things meet" This came originally from the rockstar "offical" account few pages ago.

It's right in front of us and where to thing meet? Maybe it has something to do with Michael's House? I mean Franklin meets Michael there and doesn't Trevor do the same?

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Back on page 238 -

The basic function of a Spectrometer is to take in light, break it into its spectral components (parts of the light spectrum), digitise the signal as a function of wavelength, and read it out and display it through a computer.

As there is a lot of graffiti about light at the camp it's safe to assume that they are using a particular type of light at the camp on this Spectrometer. As the Altruists hate the sun, it's safe to assume they mean light that shines at night.

This would be moon light, star light or the light of the UFO. Spectrometers are often attached to telescopes and used to detect the temperature and composition of stars but can also be used to identify the elements within a particular sample of material.

It's possible that the Spectrometer is used on the UFO at Mount Chiliad and the light emitted from it could provide a further clue when analysed. But is the Spectrometer a collectible item that can be used by a character in the game or is this NCP just a scripted event to add verisimilitude to the Altruist cult?

Just thought that it would help raising this again as the Spectrometer theory has come back around (it took 170ish pages as well, that's good going!)

There was a picture of the shadow of the Mount Chiliad maybe has anybody tried to go there when the UFO is present?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

It's right in front of us and where to thing meet? Maybe it has something to do with Michael's House? I mean Franklin meets Michael there and doesn't Trevor do the same?

Following clues from Trolls now?

Also, the "Right in front of us" quote, nobody knows what it means or if it means anything. people are suddenly looking for things in front of US with no reason behind it.

What links the quote to anything easter egg related?

mateolanda1
  • mateolanda1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well, is the third time I tried and the ufo on mount chiliad deasnt spawn. I put weather condition rain and thunder at about 2:30am, wait till 3am and nothing

greenie77
  • greenie77

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

You have to finish the story

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well, is the third time I tried and the ufo on mount chiliad deasnt spawn. I put weather condition rain and thunder at about 2:30am, wait till 3am and nothing

Need 100%...

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Just an addition to the A to B idea, you have more than 2 hours, I'm still staring at the Chiliad UFO at 6:02 game time. I'll let you know when it's gone.

i've seen it there till past 8am

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Right here's all I know, and I have no idea what the link is...the word TARP everywhere, JETSAM is cargo thrown overboard when a ship is in danger. The phi (weird Y) is everywhere, and mythology belongs to king Neptune, and Poseidus, both whom re dwell in the sea. Neptunes son is Orion, Orion being a star constellation...the number 69 with a down arrow, the SOLO appearing everywhere. The symbol on mt chillliad that everyone says is a spaceship, is actually the symbol for Pi turned sideways...which leads me to think we're going round in circles. There are numerous pairs of trainers (sneakers) dotted around, lots of number 7's...'it's right before your eyes - seeing stars...?? Am betting the link is astrological and mythical, with a fair sprinkling of stone masonhood involved. It is very intricate in that no one even knows for sure what we are looking for. But, I am CONVINCED the answer lies in the ocean. Also "shoot for the stars" has anyone noticed in certain areas of the pacific there are tons of starfish?? "Find the eye and raise it" am keeping massive tabs on this and I really hope that it's been designed so anyone can find it, not just 100% with no cheats etc etc. but yes! I am slowly going insane and pretty sure headed toward singledom soon haha!! Don't know who runs this thread but if u are after dedication to the cause I am more than happy to help

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just an addition to the A to B idea, you have more than 2 hours, I'm still staring at the Chiliad UFO at 6:02 game time. I'll let you know when it's gone.

Stays there indefinatly until you move away from the platform, better get some snacks...

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Right here's all I know, and I have no idea what the link is...the word TARP everywhere, JETSAM is cargo thrown overboard when a ship is in danger. The phi (weird Y) is everywhere, and mythology belongs to king Neptune, and Poseidus, both whom re dwell in the sea. Neptunes son is Orion, Orion being a star constellation...the number 69 with a down arrow, the SOLO appearing everywhere. The symbol on mt chillliad that everyone says is a spaceship, is actually the symbol for Pi turned sideways...which leads me to think we're going round in circles. There are numerous pairs of trainers (sneakers) dotted around, lots of number 7's...'it's right before your eyes - seeing stars...?? Am betting the link is astrological and mythical, with a fair sprinkling of stone masonhood involved. It is very intricate in that no one even knows for sure what we are looking for. But, I am CONVINCED the answer lies in the ocean. Also "shoot for the stars" has anyone noticed in certain areas of the pacific there are tons of starfish?? "Find the eye and raise it" am keeping massive tabs on this and I really hope that it's been designed so anyone can find it, not just 100% with no cheats etc etc. but yes! I am slowly going insane and pretty sure headed toward singledom soon haha!! Don't know who runs this thread but if u are after dedication to the cause I am more than happy to help

"Find the eye and Raise it"? where do you find this quote?

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

ROFL! :lol:

Saichotix
  • Saichotix

Trolls make funny noises when you feed them.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

For those who didn't see it, I left the platform after 12 hours in game, around 13:10. The UFO was still there and I died at about 300 mph into the mountain trying to get to the Altruist camp, lol

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Guys, with regards to the answer is right in front of US thing, take into consideration that this painting, or picture or whatever is found in a commune which is filled with homeless people, as well the painting has a person hold a sign saying "Help Me" I believe. Or Help Us. Something like that. When people walk past homeless people they either look left or right. They generally don't make eye contact. It's nothing more than their way of saying that the answer to the homeless problem isn't to ignore it.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Guys, with regards to the answer is right in front of US thing, take into consideration that this painting, or picture or whatever is found in a commune which is filled with homeless people, as well the painting has a person hold a sign saying "Help Me" I believe. Or Help Us. Something like that. When people walk past homeless people they either look left or right. They generally don't make eye contact. It's nothing more than their way of saying that the answer to the homeless problem isn't to ignore it.

This.

It's not a clue to the Chiliad Mystery IMHO. Just making a statement with their "Art" as a lot of Artists do.

THConer
  • THConer

FIB Crew Commissioner

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

went to the place on the pic on that chiliadmystery site, nothing much but managed to get on top of the air con units and into the mountain:

Man where is that place ? 
I need to check it 

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Sorry was stating the obvious there no?!! Also forgot came across some sums ( yes it did make a mess...!!) can't remember exactly what but one equalled 50 I think and one 56... Took some snapmatic pics though. You guys should check them out some proper unusual ones just don't know how to post on here

GTAC MR C
  • GTAC MR C

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

[quote name="jamston" post="1064059987" timestamp="1384315852"]Here's a few for now. Am going to show this to a maths whiz mensa mate tomorrow, he LOVES anagrams.

near a grander easter egg
Easter Egg, NE Radar Range
Easter egg near ranger ad
Nearer a grand easter egg
drag an easter egg nearer
easter egg near rad range
easter egg near a rag nerd[/quote][quote name="jamston" post="1064059987" timestamp="1384315852"]Here's a few for now. Am going to show this to a maths whiz mensa mate tomorrow, he LOVES anagrams.

easter egg near a rag nerd[/quote

The above quote for me fits Trevor.

Ok dont know if you know, Trevor can huff a rag of petrol, its outside his trailer door on a table and can be interacted with. Have a go and see where it takes you. Hope this helps.

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Also the sums are "4+50... 4+52...." Any ideas??

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sorry was stating the obvious there no?!! Also forgot came across some sums ( yes it did make a mess...!!) can't remember exactly what but one equalled 50 I think and one 56... Took some snapmatic pics though. You guys should check them out some proper unusual ones just don't know how to post on here

Stonemasonry: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Stonemasonry

Freemasonry: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Freemasonry

Freemasonry may have distant foundations in Stonemasonry, but I highly doubt that there's any builders keeping a jetpack warm in the cleft of their butt for us in GTA 5.

Though feel free to go and search the building sites if you like...

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Here's a few for now. Am going to show this to a maths whiz mensa mate tomorrow, he LOVES anagrams.

easter egg near a rag nerd

easter egg near a rag nerd

Ok dont know if you know, Trevor can huff a rag of petrol, its outside his trailer door on a table and can be interacted with. Have a go and see where it takes you. Hope this helps.

TBH that one I only included because the nerd bit made me chuckle. To me it was the least plausible of that lot, but at this stage nothing is right or wrong! (Nearly) All ideas should be at least considered.

Might go get me a few huffs of gas and see where the evening takes me!

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Freemasonry may have distant foundations in Stonemasonry, 

Nice pun! Freemasonry does have strong links to the stone masons and craft/mystery schools of Egypt. Whether this is the 'origin' of freemasonry is ever debated. I think you are right in your thinking that there probably isn't a link between builders in GTA V and the Chilliad Mystery though.

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

[quote name="jamston" post="1064059987" timestamp="1384315852"]Here's a few for now. Am going to show this to a maths whiz mensa mate tomorrow, he LOVES anagrams.

easter egg near a rag nerd[/quote][quote name="jamston" post="1064059987" timestamp="1384315852"]Here's a few for now. Am going to show this to a maths whiz mensa mate tomorrow, he LOVES anagrams.

easter egg near a rag nerd[/quote

I would go for "Easter egg, NE radar range" if I were to pick one.

Sandy Shores is north east of the map.

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Nice pun! Freemasonry does have strong links to the stone masons and craft/mystery schools of Egypt. Whether this is the 'origin' of freemasonry is ever debated. I think you are right in your thinking that there probably isn't a link between builders in GTA V and the Chilliad Mystery though.

Says who?? Have you not seen a shop called Pharoah. And all the links with triangles?? Not to mention hieroglyphics...

rossmacno1
  • rossmacno1

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

And "a place where things meet." Pyramids - this life and the afterlife...?! Think I'm losing the plot

jamston
  • jamston

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Says who?? Have you not seen a shop called Pharoah. And all the links with triangles?? Not to mention hieroglyphics...

I say its a nice pun ;) I also said 'I THINK that there PROBABLY isn't a link'. Not ruling it out, just I personally think thats too tenuous a link for R* to expect people to find, but hey, they're always surprising me.

phillip_trevors
  • phillip_trevors

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by phillip_trevors, 13 November 2013 - 05:17 PM.

i agree...we should all huff some gas...bet we see some ufo's
  • Fran_Halen and MacHuffy like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Stays there indefinatly until you move away from the platform, better get some snacks...

Yes it stays there forever BUT it only makes the sounds for 1HOUR from 3-4am .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users