Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Knew about Nazi occultism but Thule society was new to me - as was Vril - incidentally this is apparently how Bovril got its name - reference to revitalising powers of Vril! There you go

That is the best piece of trivia I've heard in a long time. I will be enthusiastically retelling this to uninterested friends and family for the next few weeks. Cheers.

haha! No problem - enjoy your Beefy Nazi hot drink!

demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

few things iv found which dont seem to be mentioned, firstly the altruist camp, iv just typed this up then my computer messed up so here we go again....

at the end of the camp there is a pedestal which looks like a sacrifice platform, which you can gain a baseball bat, now this area overlooks a massive area , so what are we looking at, what is the guy on the edge of the cliff looking for...

secondly as the sun sets at around 6-7pm a shadow forms which looks exactly like the jetpack symbol on Mt chilliad, this obviously means something, but i dont know exactly what.... also just below this area there is what looks like to be a cave entrance, where it mentions something about awakening him and praising him or something, and there is a skull of a ram or sheep or something like that, bit random i think so must have some relevance...

the other thing which iv noticed which im not sure is mentioned is the hippy camp when in a helecopter to me looks suspiciously like a map of an area, but i cant seem to work out which area it relates to, so i think theres something big we are missing there, im not sure how you upload pix here as attachments but soon as i work it out il upload the shadow

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

few things iv found which dont seem to be mentioned, firstly the altruist camp, iv just typed this up then my computer messed up so here we go again....

at the end of the camp there is a pedestal which looks like a sacrifice platform, which you can gain a baseball bat, now this area overlooks a massive area , so what are we looking at, what is the guy on the edge of the cliff looking for...

secondly as the sun sets at around 6-7pm a shadow forms which looks exactly like the jetpack symbol on Mt chilliad, this obviously means something, but i dont know exactly what.... also just below this area there is what looks like to be a cave entrance, where it mentions something about awakening him and praising him or something, and there is a skull of a ram or sheep or something like that, bit random i think so must have some relevance...

the other thing which iv noticed which im not sure is mentioned is the hippy camp when in a helecopter to me looks suspiciously like a map of an area, but i cant seem to work out which area it relates to, so i think theres something big we are missing there, im not sure how you upload pix here as attachments but soon as i work it out il upload the shadow

Heres your shadow, everybody knows about it

yD677M4.jpg

chaoclysm
  • chaoclysm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I had it down as more of an altar for giving sermons and speeches. Doesn't necessarily mean it's not there for the view but I imagined anyone standing there would be facing the opposite way.

demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

great saves me a job, iv googled it and cant seem to find anything , but anyways im not here to argue im here to help, so this area ,obviously references something, still waiting in game to get the exact time it appears most clearly, and also if ''everyone'' knows about it, has anyone tried placing the mural with the jetpack symbol over where it appears in the altruist camp, and the ufo icon/symbol over the crashed ufo

demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by demonizer84, 06 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

I had it down as more of an altar for giving sermons and speeches. Doesn't necessarily mean it's not there for the view but I imagined anyone standing there would be facing the opposite way.

the benches look towards the platform, it seems a mass open space which overlooks the ocean, and straight towards the sun when the shadow appears, and unless that guy stood there  is just enjoying the sun , he is deffinately looking for something

also just going back to my previous post and trying to match up the crashed ufo and the jetpack shadow, something which just popped into my head.....

the mural at top of chilliad to me with my above suggestion fits as an eye, with a cone of vision, now i could be way off, but if you sat the eye, which most people believe to be the ufo , place that on top of mt chilliad at the point where the viewing platform is, then expand the mural so the shadow matches the jetpack, the ufo matches the sunken ship, then in my head as im trying to imagine it that should give you a cone of vision and at the centre of that, (where the egg is) that should give us an idea where to look....

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by snoopdoug, 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM.

great saves me a job, iv googled it and cant seem to find anything , but anyways im not here to argue im here to help, so this area ,obviously references something, still waiting in game to get the exact time it appears most clearly, and also if ''everyone'' knows about it, has anyone tried placing the mural with the jetpack symbol over where it appears in the altruist camp, and the ufo icon/symbol over the crashed ufo

Yup, but the X's dont match up with the glyphs on the mountain. I made it like it was sloped at 45 degrees (my guess for the average Chiliad steepness), thats why it looks squished.

qKZK0g2.jpg

This is all in this thread. Any ideas what to do next?

edit: the square is on the peak of Chiliad, so the eye on top of the mural would be above the mountain. The egg ends up in Paleto Bay, which has a lot of egg stuff, but what does any of that mean? Jetpack on jetpack shadow, egg on paleto bay, ufo on crashed Ufo. The angle of the eye under the viewing platform of Chiliad matches up with that too I believe. But after all that, its probably still nothing, seriously.

demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

i think with a bit of tweaking that could be the right idea though, the map laid like that looks promising, so as long as the ufo and jetpack match up exactly, along with the eye on top of chilliad, i think theres something to it, could be way off but i dunno something just feels right about it, il have a snoop round the area

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

so should we hit a neighborhood at a time?
Start by streets?

I'm free basically 24/7.

Give a square on the map, and I'll search it clean. 
Bingo, pick a grid square and then we can start ticking them off one by one (be thorough) maybe work in pairs

http://imgur.com/hrMMvBh

Let me know which comes across better, i stuck with the official grid lines so it matches up with other editions of the map so we don't get confused

I'll happily take a square or two, I'll be without internet for like the next five days or so. Has G3 or H5 been taken yet? I will take either.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

read the posts grid is assigned

demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

i gotta rush out in a minute but, just by rushing to paleto bay, the egg with your picture seems to fall directly on top of the broken burned house, and one of the doors looks like you can enter, DUN DUN DAAAAAA, ok iv read about this grid thing ,what section is paleto bay im on it soon as i get back in, i have good feelings about this

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

i think with a bit of tweaking that could be the right idea though, the map laid like that looks promising, so as long as the ufo and jetpack match up exactly, along with the eye on top of chilliad, i think theres something to it, could be way off but i dunno something just feels right about it, il have a snoop round the area

Everybody in here is just going to ignore you (not trying to be rude), because this has all been discussed. Overlaying the mural with the map hasnt helped with anything, other than the glyphs on the side of the mountain which should be in page 1 of this thread.

I did make those overlays that I posted, so I was hopeful, but what are you going to do with a map that you overlayed in real life while your playing a video game? Other people have said the only way to interact with things is right on the D-pad, shooting, mission prompts, I might be missing something but Im just saying the maps probably are useless.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Just switched to trevor in his dress with no underwear scenario(always wierd)

Anyways, got me thinking. when this game hits PC, how long until there is a "Huge Dong trevor Mod"?

down to his knees or just dragging on the floor.

probably not more than 24 hours i'm guessing.

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

i gotta rush out in a minute but, just by rushing to paleto bay, the egg with your picture seems to fall directly on top of the broken burned house, and one of the doors looks like you can enter, DUN DUN DAAAAAA, ok iv read about this grid thing ,what section is paleto bay im on it soon as i get back in, i have good feelings about this

Looking at the picture again now, it isnt as lined up as I originally thought. The jetpack is off by a little, it should be a little more south where that road dead ends (Altruist camp). Problem is if you were to rotate it down, the ufo part of the mural wouldnt be on the crashed ufo, it would be on land on the tip of that volcano lookin peninsula.

Good luck, I wouldnt get my hopes up.

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

read the posts grid is assigned

A link or something would be nice.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by HakatoX, 06 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Wanderer is on C-6
Scoob is on I-5 (I believe)
Smeefy is on G-2, F-2
HakatoX H-3 I-3
djhans G-3
blackxmamba I-4

you can take H-5.

I had to search posts just like you could have done.

are we gonna get that kind of laziness with your "help"?

Forgive me for sounding like a dick. 

But we cannot half ass this.

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Anyways, got me thinking. when this game hits PC, how long until there is a "Huge Dong trevor Mod"?

So now i know why we haven't figured it out, people like this guy think about huge dong mods instead of the jet pack. I think you would be more excited to have that mod than the jet pack.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wanderer is on C-6
Smeefy is on G-2, F-2
HakatoX H-3 I-3
djhans G-3
blackxmamba I-4

Not a bad idea at all.

I would suggest letting people go over areas already assigned.

always better to go over it aas many times as possible with as many different eyes.

Just keep track of how much something has been gone over and what areas have still not.

then you could use that information to infer that "Hey, 10 different people have gone over this one area and found nothing, let's write it off the list for good and search others that havn't been gone over."

Also, an Egg hunting Party online is always fun. get a group of people to wander around the same grid area so you guys can communicate your findings precisely to each other. "Hey, come over here and check this out. what do you think?"

then check off the grid area as a team after it's decided there is most likely nothing more to find.(in terms of visual clues/hints that wouldn't be changed from SP to MP)

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wanderer is on C-6
Smeefy is on G-2, F-2
HakatoX H-3 I-3
djhans G-3
blackxmamba I-4

Alright then, I'll take H-5 and G-5. So now you just edit me into that post and I start searching, correct? 

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

So now i know why we haven't figured it out, people like this guy think about huge dong mods instead of the jet pack. I think you would be more excited to have that mod than the jet pack.

Well it was more of a "/facepalm, R* you done Hot Coffee'd yourself again by putting an actual dong in the game that can be modified, dumbasses"

going to be great publicity fot the gaming industry.

But i guess you think everything has to be in a sexual context, atleast when someone mentions dongs to you that's where your brain goes for some reason.

something you'd like to share with the rest of us?... :p

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by agonistes06, 06 November 2013 - 05:47 PM.

give me an area and i will investigate every nook and cranny, if someone can tell me wtf a 'cranny' is.

Pick one.

i'd be delighted, but three new pages have popped up since i was asleep, and i don't feel like sifting through them to write down who has what space.  since someone is keeping track i thought if there were a space, asking for it would be the most efficient way to begin.

edit:  i don't mean to sound bitchy or anything.  i am just trying to keep within the organization you are trying to bring to the search instead of running off and searching an area that might be already searched.  i am not an organized or tech-savvy person, i am just a person who has played all the gta games, so a lot of my help is limited to what i can do and observe in-game.  i would like to help, but i don't want to get on your nerves or slow you down.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Too bad Board topics can't have their own sub-topics.

Would make it easier for these types of things to get together.

"Just go to the sub topic i made about the grids, top of the page" or something like that.

Keep the ideas and organization methods together w/out having to create a whole new topic for the whole community to have to sift through. 

• HakatoX likes this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Wanderer is on C-6
Smeefy is on G-2, F-2
HakatoX H-3 I-3
djhans G-3
blackxmamba I-4

LazloZeLlama H-5 G-5

Alright then, I'll take H-5 and G-5. So now you just edit me into that post and I start searching, correct? 

Yer on and in.

give me an area and i will investigate every nook and cranny, if someone can tell me wtf a 'cranny' is.

Pick one.

i'd be delighted, but three new pages have popped up since i was asleep, and i don't feel like sifting through them to write down who has what space.  since someone is keeping track i thought if there were a space, asking for it would be the most efficient way to begin.

edit:  i don't mean to sound bitchy or anything.  i am just trying to keep within the organization you are trying to bring to the search instead of running off and searching an area that might be already searched.  i am not an organized or tech-savvy person, i am just a person who has played all the gta games, so a lot of my help is limited to what i can do and observe in-game.  i would like to help, but i don't want to get on your nerves or slow you down.

imma add a link to my sig soon.

Kifllom
  • Kifllom

A.K.A thebobinc

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

hi all

yesterday i have done some search in area C7/D7 and B3 ( weapon location heist ) nothing to be notice as a clue , when i  say those grid number i mean the water section of them as i was using the no-water mod ,

also i know that there is a no-water mod for PS3 as well since Grumbledore is playing with one on is PS3 ;)

i will be doing todays the area around Del Perro , water include , it may take time since it is the area a scout the less so far ,

will keep you updated later on today

peace out

thebobinc

• Fran_Halen likes this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

kiffom, can you find out where he got that mod?

all my sources turned up zilch.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 06 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

hi all

yesterday i have done some search in area C7/D7 and B3 ( weapon location heist ) nothing to be notice as a clue , when i  say those grid number i mean the water section of them as i was using the no-water mod ,

also i know that there is a no-water mod for PS3 as well since Grumbledore is playing with one on is PS3 ;)

i will be doing todays the area around Del Perro , water include , it may take time since it is the area a scout the less so far ,

will keep you updated later on today

peace out

thebobinc

Mr. No Water Mod, take some Pics of the MW heist X's layouts, please.

been looking for someone to volunteer to do this for a couple days now.

can provide pictures, locations, and any other necessery information. shouldn't take long.

EDIT: do no water mods work on missions or just in free roam SP?

llew87
  • llew87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Assign me a grid im willing to help as soon as I can get on.

snoopdoug
  • snoopdoug

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Mr. No Water Mod, take some Pics of the MW heist X's layouts, please.

been looking for someone to volunteer to do this for a couple days now.

can provide pictures, locations, and any other necessery information. shouldn't take long.

Have you put a POI marker on them as you find them, paused and looked to see if they look like the mural? If there are 5 X's and they have the same layout as the mural that would have to be more than coincidence.

Strangone did this with the glyphs on the mountain and it was pretty clear.

Also, if you put the POI markers, pause and take a picture then we can all know where the X's are.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

imma add a link to my sig soon.

cool....i think a good idea would be to try to search with all three characters (or at least sweep with two and search carefully with one); wouldn't be a terrible idea to take chop with franklin, even if chop is fail.

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Aight, cool. I'll be in-game searching say, in about 6 hours. It's looking like I'll have temporary internet acsess on Saturday so expect an update then. I may be able to squeeze in a bit of checking up on my phone maybe not though, (I have very limited data usage.) to check for any possible questions people have regarding anything interesting I may find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users