Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm going to mess with the elevator in Fort Zancudo. A few times when I ran in there, there were tons of guards inside trying to kill me, and then every other time, there were none unless I climbed to the minigun. Will post if I find anything. 

Yeah, it's weird. One time I went in the base, I got no stars (I ordered a taxi and put my waypoint to the end of the bridge/entrance road, I skipped the drive and the taxi spawned inside the base.) and I went down to the elevator, the light was flashing but no siren. Then I went to the tower and the guards didn't attack me at all. It was very strange, then I hit one on my way out after getting the minigun and then they went beserk. I think it was a glitch.

When you used the taxi glitch to get inside the fort, was this in SP or online? It never has worked for me, I always get wanted stars.

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

What if there lines were tunnels possibly on the other side of the mountain?

I will take a look @ Mount Chill when I got some free time.

I really believe that we are missing the entrences the mural shows besides the glyphs.

so

Is there a way to measure altitude in GTA V that would help a lot when searching mount chill?

Maybe some sort of heli or another device i forgot?

I believe there was a mission in that u can see the altitude but maybe Im wrong and it was in another game.

arytmica
  • arytmica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by arytmica, 04 November 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Has anyone tried to use the cheat "fall from the sky" when standing in the circle of green light? Maybe that cheat has something to do with it eccept just for skydive.

arytmica
  • arytmica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by arytmica, 04 November 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Edit: Sorry, double post... Seems like I can't delete it.

justathought
  • justathought

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

May have been mentioned, but if you guys want to look around the Fort there's a mission online called 'High Priority Case', which seems to turn wanted levels off from the start so was able to drive into the Fort to get a Jet without any hassle. 

The control tower doors are sealed though, so I'm not sure if that impacts any potential discoveries in the base in single player mode, but maybe a helpful trick if you wanted to have a wander. 

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

btw guys

I was looking for the FIB and Scientist guys @ the VLA thing because it is one of the few events that I've never been at myself ingame.

I remembered someone said they are there @ 11AM. I went there and only one FIB Guy and one Scientist came no cars and no gray suit guy came.

But instead one craftsman showed up he came from acros the street while the other came from the south.

I went there at 10AM and looked at the VLA maybe it's just that they couldn't spawn the normal way cause I parked my Cargobob there. Don't know.

What am I doing wrong?

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

hey guys, I can't read 20 pages right now so could you tell me if you have descovered something new? Thanks!

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

btw guys

I was looking for the FIB and Scientist guys @ the VLA thing because it is one of the few events that I've never been at myself ingame.

I remembered someone said they are there @ 11AM. I went there and only one FIB Guy and one Scientist came no cars and no gray suit guy came.

But instead one craftsman showed up he came from acros the street while the other came from the south.

I went there at 10AM and looked at the VLA maybe it's just that they couldn't spawn the normal way cause I parked my Cargobob there. Don't know.

What am I doing wrong?

The number of agents, scientists, telephone engineers, etc seem to vary at both sites. Here's an example I had at the telephone shed - 2iqo08h.jpg

robosonic
  • robosonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I think the egg on the mural shows that trevor is gay. thats why its an egg.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

please explain how being gay relates to an egg......?  also please explain how trevor is 'gay,' and not, in fact, sexually ambiguous.

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by Meukay, 04 November 2013 - 01:29 PM.

The number of agents, scientists, telephone engineers, etc seem to vary at both sites. Here's an example I had at the telephone shed -

seem to vary each day? or does it depends on ur savefile/how u played the game sort of way?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The number of agents, scientists, telephone engineers, etc seem to vary at both sites. Here's an example I had at the telephone shed -

seem to vary each day? or does it depends on ur savefile/how u played the game sort of way?

Just that I've seen lots of people report different things. I don't think it has anything to do with how you've played the game and everything to do with the way pedestrians are spawned in GTA

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I pulled off a difficult task over the weekend to disprove a possible theory. I was able to parachute literally directly INTO the bunker at Zancudo causing no alarm, no stars, nothing. I was in scott free! It didn't produce any results. I thought possibly the elevator would become functional or something, but no.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I pulled off a difficult task over the weekend to disprove a possible theory. I was able to parachute literally directly INTO the bunker at Zancudo causing no alarm, no stars, nothing. I was in scott free! It didn't produce any results. I thought possibly the elevator would become functional or something, but no.

This was done weeks ago .

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Did you do it while it was snowing though?

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

yea I did that too

also you can drive with a car on the mountain jump over both fences drive within 5 seconds to the bunker and get in without stars or Fort zancudo siren turning on. (I found it easier)

But off course nothing special happened..

I waited there for 24 ingame hours it even rained that night naturally.

but nothing...

Only new thing. I noticed that they got a nice morning army alarm @ around 5:30 for everyone to get up. xD

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's been so long since I've finished the game and there have been so many theories and whatnot, my brain is melting....

Help me out... the secret weapon from the mission? We never find out what it is. We never see it, right? We collect it but never actually know what it's in the crate? Do I have this right?

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

But the alarm at the fort is weird...sometimes it goes off, sometimes not. To my knowledge, no one had actually parachuted directly in. I remember two people saying they landed in front and got in before the alarm.... but I just didn't trust it until someone actually landed IN the bunker. 

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

This is the best statement I have read since Brian's 'You are a disgrace to Phil Collins'

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's been so long since I've finished the game and there have been so many theories and whatnot, my brain is melting....

Help me out... the secret weapon from the mission? We never find out what it is. We never see it, right? We collect it but never actually know what it's in the crate? Do I have this right?

The 'secret weapon' from the Merryweather Heist?  It was a nuke, or at least that's what I took from the conversation between Trevor and Lester after the heist.

If you take the underwater option where you collect it in the sub, you will see like a cylinder on yellow struts.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Merryweather... So many questions, zero answers. You guys remember you could own them, literally.

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

The 'secret weapon' from the Merryweather Heist?  It was a nuke, or at least that's what I took from the conversation between Trevor and Lester after the heist.

If you take the underwater option where you collect it in the sub, you will see like a cylinder on yellow struts.

Where does it end up? knowing the jetpack is a weapon... and was a top secret weapon the last time we encountered it... any reason not to suspect that maybe the Merriweather weapon IS the jetpack? Who ends up taking it at the end, Merriweather?

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Whatever it was there was 2 of them .. one should still be on the boat or underwater depending on the option you chose . You would think .

Going through the game a second time you realize how linear the missions are . For example the mission where soloman is gettin his ass kicked by rocco . You can easily shoot him before the mission starts but the game will not allow this .Im seeing alot of things from missions not in free roam which sucks IMO

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Merryweather... So many questions, zero answers. You guys remember you could own them, literally.

How is this guy not banned yet ?

Mods are doing a terrific job ! Keep up the good work :sarcasm:

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

I don't have any concrete evidence guiding me... but

It certainly LOOKS like there is a jetpack on that mural.

The jetpack is technicall a weapon. A secret weapon.

The secret weapon we try to steal is very strangely and suspiciously NOT taken in the mission. 

We haven't found or seen whatever it is again

The government or some government agency was behind the jetpack last time

It just feels like that secret weapon should be the jetpack and that it's been kinda in our face all along. But again... my brain is cooked and I could be missing something obvious.

P.S I just realized that Brain is an anagram for Brian... so through ALL f*ckING ANAGRAMS OUT THE WINDOW!! lol... 

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Probably already mentioned but the Altruist's online logo and the Penris building both feature five stars in the same kind of arrangement.

Altruists: 5xvsiv.jpg

Penris 2ekp2s9.jpg

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

This is the best statement I have read since Brian's 'You are a disgrace to Phil Collins'

i read way more of brian's words than i intended to, but i never saw this.  i wish i had, he should win the internet for that one.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Where does it end up? knowing the jetpack is a weapon... and was a top secret weapon the last time we encountered it... any reason not to suspect that maybe the Merriweather weapon IS the jetpack? Who ends up taking it at the end, Merriweather?

Lester says that he returns it to where they got it from.

Jetpacks aren't really weapons, but that's my opinion.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lester says that he returns it to where they got it from.

Jetpacks aren't really weapons, but that's my opinion.

If I recall right, the jetpack in San Andreas was classified as a weapon in the game files, I think that's why everyone is calling it a weapon.

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Probably already mentioned but the Altruist's online logo and the Penris building both feature five stars in the same kind of arrangement.

Altruists: 5xvsiv.jpg

Penris 2ekp2s9.jpg

This gives me an idea. The Mrs. is watching a movie atm and I cant try it atm. There is a lot of emphasis on stars and several telescopes in the game, but what can we really see with them? Not much, except stars.

What if the altruist logo and mural is a star map and we have been laying it and looking at it all wrong?

Maybe there are 5 unique stars in the game that need to be shot with the sniper. Maybe each one can only be seen from certain places at certain times. Think of the Chiliad ufo as a distraction. This may be the easiest way to check.

Spawn the ufo and ignore it, look for a star that looks different instead.
  • jkd69 likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users