Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Zephich
  • Zephich

Pothead lurker

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by Zephich, 03 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Mock him now, unsaveables, but when the seventh vial is poured and the great thunder is heard, His judgment will be upon you. Those who did not heed the signs will know then how stupid they have been, and the Great Scorer will tally the wage of your sin.

Did Alabamafatts theory did this to you?  :panic:

Edit: just wanted to share something i saw at reddit. Does anybody tried to keep the 50 spaceship parts? Some guy said that after a couple days a strange man comes to meet you, I believe it's crap but, who knows.

http://www.reddit.co...ts_go_home_and/

It might be coherent thought.

datsuperlemonhaze
  • datsuperlemonhaze

Skeptosardonicus

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Mock him now, unsaveables, but when the seventh vial is poured and the great thunder is heard, His judgment will be upon you. Those who did not heed the signs will know then how stupid they have been, and the Great Scorer will tally the wage of your sin.

Edit: just wanted to share something i saw at reddit. Does anybody tried to keep the 50 spaceship parts? Some guy said that after a couple days a strange man comes to meet you, I believe it's crap but, who knows.

I don't know about the spaceship parts, but the go home and sleep for 4 days sounds like good advice.

• Barnumbir likes this

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Can anyone confirm that Don Percival still sends the same exact text at the end of the game if you choose to kill Michael?

Nigggl
  • Nigggl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

You're looking in the wrong place.

chaoclysm
  • chaoclysm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Had a random thought. We all pretty much assume that option C in which all characters survive is the canonical ending. And also that any hidden item would be unlocked using this ending. What if that's wrong and its another ending (or alternate universe) that triggers an event?

This will probably sound a bit out there (although considering some theories maybe not) but what if Michael or Trevor's corpse gets taken by the aliens and that becomes a miniature storyline all by itself.

It would obviously need to be unlocked in some way as nobody has discovered it so far but given most theories and investigations have been carried out on one ending it seems like two other avenues have been ignored entirely.

Edit: This is all complete conjecture on my part and I haven't quite finished the game yet but I think I'll take the ending in which ######. When he's drugged he either gets abducted or imagines he does, and during the first FBI mission he ends up in a bodybag in the morgue. He's even had his death faked before. Foreshadowing?

Thats as far as it goes, i have more playtime after 100% than before... i feel like were looking in the wrong place for the right things its just a matter of time before someone crashes their bike and falls face first on the missing clue

Literally? I better get my BMX. What did you mean that's as far as it goes? Did you choose a different ending?

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by neku_neku, 03 November 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Can anyone confirm that Don Percival still sends the same exact text at the end of the game if you choose to kill Michael?

better you ask here http://gtaforums.com...m/293-missions/

Musicstem
  • Musicstem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by Musicstem, 03 November 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Hey all, the video below is not in English but shows what appears to be the "jetpack" drawing on top of the stone that people have been visiting.

Could be as simple as at 100% and possibly with gold medals for the heists or at anytime, you use two characters. One at the stone and one watching the mt chiliad UFO at 3am. Switch characters, and the jetpack is on the stone to be picked up?

Go to 3 mins or so to see the stone drawing:

Big-Cheeky
  • Big-Cheeky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

So I've said this before but I'll say it again as we now seem to be persuing the whole split up the characters and possibly include yoga.

There is a random encounter in the SW with a crazy guy named Andy Moon. He rambles for quite a bit and says some pretty interesting things (one being a reference to the Ghost Easter Egg.) I have a transcript of everything he says if you want it, just PM me.

Here's part of what he says that seems to tie into what we are now looking into...

"Meditate, meditate, well I meditate. I've been to the mountain top, I've been to the hanging valleys and I've been where the sun sleeps and I've seen sprinkler system bringing forth moisture out of the dessert and generating golf courses as if god was hitting golf balls and wearing bad clothes."

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

PLS ANYONE TO TRY TAKES ONLY 10 MIN ...

Hey MoJo, I've tried a few things and you may be onto something - I was able to get Michael to stay on Mt Gordo's yoga mat and Franklin at the Chiliad viewing platform for about 15 hours whilst I tried various things with Trevor. (top of Mt Josiah, altruist camp and cave.) I was however checking on them regularly and, as mentioned above, when I left Michael for longer (about 5 hours) he wandered off.

I like the idea of getting all three in a particular spot and it's so will keep trying and let you know if anything happens.

(full disclosure: I started by taking Michael to mt gordo in epsilon robes to do yoga at 11.30 with a full moon. The weather clouded over but no rain. When I switched to Franklin at the end, the only difference that struck me was that when it zoomed into him in his house it didn't play the little 'activity' cutscene.)

Hope that helps buddy.

I really think this guys are onto something, could we just get back on this track ? It totally make sense, three different place at the right time, that way we couldn't just randomly find it...

FusionCold85
  • FusionCold85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yea, I ran over andy moon with the space docker and then beat him with the bat. Nothing

>:D

Anubis1
  • Anubis1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I agree

Anubis1
  • Anubis1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

With mojo I mean

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

Get on Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by stangone50, 03 November 2013 - 03:27 PM.

I collected the parts and waited till returning them was the last thing i did for 100% I didnt wanna lose the docker and no man came to me .

I like mojos theory except for the fact you can kill off a charachter .

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

Get on Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by stangone50, 03 November 2013 - 03:31 PM.

if you kill michael all the texts change .

Possible laser weapon found in files . Maybe it will come with the beach bum dlc ?

What do you guys think about this ? I never thought content would be added to SP

Is it possible we cant solve it because we do not yet have the tools to do so ??

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Have any info on what the text from Don to Trevor says when Michael is killed? Text or link?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

Get on Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by stangone50, 03 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Have any info on what the text from Don to Trevor says when Michael is killed? Text or link?

No i dont sorry I just remember getting different text based on the way the story changed.

Question . Does anyone know .. When you buy all the properties and you have to do jobs for them . Is there a certain number of jobs before they stop calling you ?

Also after 100% is the amount of times you can hang out with other charachters unlimited ? If you hang out enough maybe you meet someone along the way ? IDK

I keep thinking about the Come back when your story is complete .. You come back when you reach 100% and you see the UFO BUT is your story complete at that point ? No it is not  .

So there has to be something we are not doing to complete our story .

Im not sure about IV but every other GTA taxi missions were a big part of the game . I know you buy the taxi company and do some missions for them . Im sure you guys know you can ALSO steal a taxi and do random taxi missions this way . WHAT IF we have to do a certain amount of these to meet someone that will lead us somewhere ?

The Internet is a big part of V. I havent seen this talked about too much . Im suprised no one has come up with a list of every site . Can anyone confirm they have fully explored the internet ?

There were a couple guys claiming they had a true 100% and nothing changed . Well you can have a true 100% and still not have explored a couple of the things i have mentioned here ,

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Don't you need to go back and see omega in order for it to count towards 100%? I believe so because you get the misc soon as you have all 50 parts but the strangers and freaks will not be complete until you deliver the parts to Omega.. so I think it has nothin to do with getting the jetpack.. unless you don't need 100% for it.. maybe you only need 100% to see the UFOs.. but thinking about it I feel like a jetpack is more of a reward for getting 100% then seeing the UFOs.. but then again the 2 symbols are connected in the mural so you must have 100% for all "reward" eggs. maybe the mural only means in order to see the UFO egg you need to "fly high" which the jetpack man could be symbolizing.. but I feel like they could have used a different picture to reference being very high up.. but then again maybe tbats why the pics are connected at the bottom "fly high to find the UFOs" who knows.. I feel like its all been said already by someone somewhere lol

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by McGyver55, 03 November 2013 - 04:03 PM.

IiNoHqZ.jpgGot this from Reddit.

Compliments of mykeuk

Does the loop around the UFO wagon look like a point of interest?

Also that wagon is depicting the lighthouse.....

Actually, I saw that image and thought the same thing... I've pretty much lost my mind already, but at this point I have no idea... although from the satellite map (in the digital manual) the light house does look like a red dot.

I tried overlaying more or less that same image of the camp (as above) over a picture I took of the main in-game map and tried to align it with other points on the map... I got squat... (well without jumping to wild conclusions)... I'm starting to think that if this is a model/map of some area of LS or Blain County, it is seriously deformed, stretched or caricatured... 

At this point the idea that the lighthouse might be what the dot with the UFO/Station wagon represents does not sound so bad. 

Then again I'm pretty sure that just as in the previous GTA games, there has to be encounter, mission, or event that has to be the trigger to open, or access what the location provides... even if we find the location (for all we know it could have been found a thousand times already)... without knowing what the trigger is we really have nothing.

I'm really starting to think it may be a character/NPC whom nobody has met or talked to yet... or worse yet keeps killing.

I spent about an hour and a half this morning looking at/comparing the symbols around the camp to crop circles... and searching around google for some sort of "crop circle" decoder, or key... (no, I don't believe in them)... I was hoping that maybe Rockstar had made some key, downloadable font, or maybe even site... but I got nothing but a headache and a distinct impression there are some REALLY-REALLY-REALLY f**ing  crazy people out there in UFO/conspiracy land.

I'm sure it has been said before, but those circle based characters around the perimeter of the camp appear to be based on crop circles... they also probably don't spell out anything either, so that was an even bigger waste of time.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Strangone50,
No limit as of yet on the property missions. If you dont do one you dont get the profits for that property for that period.

I didnt swap much during game so didnt realise there was a limit of swaps but after 100% there is no limit as far as i can tell.

Edit, sorry, limited to hang outs? No i dont think so. Ive done 8 in a row with no problem.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

What i dont quite understand is why Marianne says Michael has the write the 9th tract to get enlightenment but then sends him out to collect 10 tract pieces.
After collecting those the website link you get has the 9th tract.

Somthing doesn't add up there.

Has Michael still got to write the 9th tract somehow?

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 03 November 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Where the 'nothing to see here' graffiti is at del perro beach there are volly ball courts in the sand in front of it. They are big red boxes around the lifeguard station. Didnt really notice that before.

Alec1234
  • Alec1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

My suggestion to everyone is to spend your time towards a true %100 game: all gold medals, fly unders, knife flights, etc. and see if that yields anything new.

Alec1234
  • Alec1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Also I destroyed my Epsilon tractor but it's parked by the house overlooking the lighthouse, so maybe the space docker spawns somewhere discrete as well.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 03 November 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Alec, loads of us on 100% everything (minus stunt plane time trials).
The tractor at the light house is not the epsilon tractor, its a different one.

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I spent about an hour and a half this morning looking at/comparing the symbols around the camp to crop circles... and searching around google for some sort of "crop circle" decoder, or key... (no, I don't believe in them)... I was hoping that maybe Rockstar had made some key, downloadable font, or maybe even site... but I got nothing but a headache and a distinct impression there are some REALLY-REALLY-REALLY f**ing  crazy people out there in UFO/conspiracy land.
I'm sure it has been said before, but those circle based characters around the perimeter of the camp appear to be based on crop circles... they also probably don't spell out anything either, so that was an even bigger waste of time.

I was doing the exact same thing myself earlier; looking for a Rosetta Stone so to speak. At first I thought that might've been the wagon with the same symbols round the rim, but didn't seem to be.

I'm trying to work out the number of unique symbols, as it could be a substitution cypher. I have noticed some symbols seem more prevalent than others.

I'm sure this has all been tried before though, but I know the symbols have yet to be decoded, so it's a challenge :)

Lewisa92
  • Lewisa92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

I know this is off topic but did any1 find out where Trevor was meant to go with 500k? From the uv map edition

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

So tell me how this is even close.. i worked with it for awhile in photoshop.. hm.. Not even close. Just because the glyphs are there doesnt mean anything. Not a match.

http://s22.postimg.o...mural_wrong.jpg

Now that I look at it.. the glyphs dont even line up. Is it just me..? Has this derailed the whole search?

Also.. if someone is willing to take pics of all angles of Mt Chiliad I will photoshop them and see if they're correct.

Mirror it...

I see you can't stay away? Thought you said farewell?

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Start dreaming PS4 and XBOXONE are coming

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

what the f*ck does that have to do with the mystery?

Lauren-of-Lore
  • Lauren-of-Lore

Queen of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

IiNoHqZ.jpgGot this from Reddit.

Compliments of mykeuk

Does the loop around the UFO wagon look like a point of interest?

Also that wagon is depicting the lighthouse.....

xbiWnBS.png

looks a lot like the loop at the camp

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users