Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by Snipey, 03 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Nah, that was right before I came on here...

now can you get back to topic or get the f*ck on?

Ok back on topic, epsilon or none of the cults have anything to do with the tablet on MT. Chilli (proof) You can kill micheal or trev which means u dont need their side of the story to get the final egg.

Next, tablet is not an overlay and if it is then its not being layed correctly (proof) what do the X's mean that arn't represented by a glyph , and when the do fit the glyphs what do the boxes on the bottom mean.

***Its weird that R* would give you a whole city and none of the UFO's are in the city(hint,hint theres probly a ufo in the city)***

And lastly the reward is not gonna be just a grab and go kind of thing, the most probable situation is that R* put it in a missions or its triggered by events (Which means glitching through areas doesnt prove anything even if they seem empty)    "suck it for 8 hata"

Been saying that for a week. About 3 people acknowledged this from me.

It's extremely obvious, yet 3 guys doing it is going to take a helluva long time to find it. 

i would not be to sure about michael and trevor there is a very big painting right in our face wich everyone has seen that says :

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game."

another interesting quote related to this is: "Money to the left of them and money to the right Money everywhere they turn from morning to the night Only two things count at all from mountain to the sea Part of it's percentage, and the rest is guarantee"

Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

isnt our last heist called the big score and dont we get a choise to kill or to let them live before we get the payout????

Doomklaimer
  • Doomklaimer

Some kind of gamma-powered mechanical monster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by Doomklaimer, 03 November 2013 - 10:32 AM.

It's extremely obvious, yet 3 guys doing it is going to take a helluva long time to find it. 

Yeah i been looking over the main buildings and im starting to think its probly not in the air, it definetly has something to do with some of the undecoded glyphs and i know theres at least 2 left still

I think you might be right on the UFO not being in the air, as well as a few more to find. All the UFOs that are known are at different heights:

The sunken UFO is the lowest, below sea level. The next highest is the Chilliad UFO, which iis pretty high, but not by too much. The Zancudo UFO is higer than that, but still a little ways under the highest helicopter height. The Sandy Shores one is the highest, almost complete max height.

Interestingly enough, the height difference between the Chiliad and the Zancudo UFO seems about the same as the height difference between the Zancudo and Sandy Shores UFOs. I haven't found anything in game that shows your height while in a helicopter, so I haven't been able to confirm this. Using this info, you could say that the height gap between the sunken and Chilliad UFOs is too wide for just one UFO, but two would probably fit perfectly. Considering the depth of the sunken UFO, the next highest one might be closer to ground level, or perhaps slightly underground...just enough to not have been found yet.

There are landmarks on the map that show their height displayed nearby, Chilliad being one of them. Someone that's good with math could probably use that to gauge how high each of the UFOs are (not sure how...figure out how many helicopters make up the height of Chilliad, then use that to measure the distances?)

• Duxfever, Smeefy and FailSnaill like this

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

i would not be to sure about michael and trevor there is a very big painting right in our face wich everyone has seen that says :

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game."

another interesting quote related to this is: "Money to the left of them and money to the right Money everywhere they turn from morning to the night Only two things count at all from mountain to the sea Part of it's percentage, and the rest is guarantee"

I seen that painting trust me =p Im not gonna go make 3 different games and try each scenario out in a Brian like rampage. There is no link between that painting and the tablet so idk bout any of that talk, and that second quote comes from epsilon doesnt it? I dont buy any of that eagle and peach talk i see the egg at maze bank but theres like 4 other eggs in the game and 2 have cracks on them 

Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

nobody said anything about 3 games

it could be a HUGE warning before you make your choise

nobody said it was related to the mural the missions have never been officialy related to the mural

the 2nd quote is from: http://en.wikipedia..../Grantland_Rice

not epsilon

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

So i guess the next logical step would be to try and find that ufo in the city, and i dont think the WTF ufo counts as the one im looking for unless that theory about the heights is correct, that would be the next logica one in comparison to the hippy camp one i suppose

Yeah i been looking over the main buildings and im starting to think its probly not in the air, it definetly has something to do with some of the undecoded glyphs and i know theres at least 2 left still

I think you might be right on the UFO not being in the air, as well as a few more to find. All the UFOs that are known are at different heights:

The sunken UFO is the lowest, below sea level. The next highest is the Chilliad UFO, which iis pretty high, but not by too much. The Zancudo UFO is higer than that, but still a little ways under the highest helicopter height. The Sandy Shores one is the highest, almost complete max height.

Interestingly enough, the height difference between the Chiliad and the Zancudo UFO seems about the same as the height difference between the Zancudo and Sandy Shores UFOs. I haven't found anything in game that shows your height while in a helicopter, so I haven't been able to confirm this. Using this info, you could say that the height gap between the sunken and Chilliad UFOs is too wide for just one UFO, but two would probably fit perfectly. Considering the depth of the sunken UFO, the next highest one might be closer to ground level, or perhaps slightly underground...just enough to not have been found yet.

There are landmarks on the map that show their height displayed nearby, Chilliad being one of them. Someone that's good with math could probably use that to gauge how high each of the UFOs are (not sure how...figure out how many helicopters make up the height of Chilliad, then use that to measure the distances?)

Save_SAAB
  • Save_SAAB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

A question:

Did someone hear in WEAZEL NEVS something about taht next week some ASTEROID is going to be close to the EARTH, and there is a high risk of it to hit our planet??

I heard it yesterday on SPACE RADIO..

I never heard it before...  DID YOU??

Is it possible that R* are prepairing something like that??

Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

nobody said it was related to the mural the missions have never been officialy related to the mural

not epsilon

To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game   nomather what you choose it is SAVED for good unless you start over (why would such a big mural just be related to a sports quote and the chiliad mural be the answer to all)

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by Smeefy, 03 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

not epsilon

To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game   nomather what you choose it is SAVED for good unless you start over (why would such a big mural just be related to a sports quote and the chiliad mural be the answer to all)

if you read brian's theories you would know that the 3 games thing is a joke, the mural has delivered nothing as for the tablet has at least delivered a ufo 

Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

not epsilon

if you read brian's theories you would know that the 3 games thing is a joke, the mural has delivered nothing as for the tablet has at least delivered a ufo 

i dont know brian and according to all the love ppl say about him i tend to keep it that way

its just to big in our face to be just a reference to a sports quote with a secrets hidden message in the middle that makes no sense , just because we dont manage to find a ufo ontop of it doesnt mean its nothing

sinds it hasnt been officialy solved/debunked its still open

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

its just to big in our face to be just a reference to a sports quote with a secrets hidden message in the middle that makes no sense , just because we dont manage to find a ufo ontop of it doesnt mean its nothing

Just so you know, this is the exact thing brian preaches lol

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Omg, who the f*ck is Brian? I see this name 800 times a day. Just who is he?

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by GTA564, 03 November 2013 - 11:07 AM.

a PC gamer who has not played GTA V yet? :santa:

• robertwilliamshell likes this

Snipey
  • Snipey

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Just so you know, this is the exact thing brian preaches lol

imo it makes alot more sense then having 50 ppl comparing the curvy road on mt gordo to the zig zag line in the beam on the sand glyph just think about it

or we could go back to: cargo bopping everything i can find on the map , honking at every bloody rock/road texture , shooting birds from the air , dooing yoga at the top at 3am with rain

and stop bringing up brian , i dont know him , dont want to know him or be compared to him

im just stating what i see and what i think not brian

Thank you

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by Smeefy, 03 November 2013 - 11:13 AM.

EDIT***** OK i checked the penris building at max height and down to ground level, if i could get in now trying to get in or under, let me know where else you guys would like me to check in the city cuz im stumped going to fib building next

I present to you "Thy theories of the insane one"http://gtaforums.com...t-found-it-yet/

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

EDIT***** OK i checked the penris building at max height and down to ground level, if i could get in now trying to get in or under, let me know where else you guys would like me to check in the city cuz im stumped going to fib building next

I present to you "Thy theories of the insane one"http://gtaforums.com...t-found-it-yet/

Slowly backs away..

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Oh jesus, that's right.

I remember reading that a month ago and thinking how f*cking stupid it was. It was stupid I couldn't waste my time making a troll post. 

ByeInvincibleNiko
  • ByeInvincibleNiko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Just throwing my 2 cents here once again,

But maybe all the smaller Easter Eggs in the game have something to do with the Ultimate one?

OR EVEN, GTA Online maybe has something to do with this? for example, Michael is Epsilon, Trevor is Altruist, And Franklin is (Unknown, Maybe someone will find this?). So if you complete all those little base missions in Online, you could get three people to go at each UFO and get the lighthouse to point somewhere (Not yet known where.). Because in Online your character basically does not have a religion. And hence the name SPACE DOCKER , maybe its supposed to dock with one of the UFO's using the cargobob?

Skinvisible
  • Skinvisible

Theorist

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but here's my take on things, please someone tell me if it's old/tried etc.

So...  Chilliad UFO only appears between 03:00 and 05:00 during rain/storm.

What else appears during rainy weather?  Rainbows.

The Chilliad UFO looks EXACTLY like the Sandy Shores one.

Between 03:00 and 05:00, the moon is hitting the Sandy Shores UFO at just the right angle (rather, the *cloaked* UFO) to shine an image, bouncing off of the rain droplets (however rainbows work, I guess) to cast an image of that same UFO at the viewing area at the top of Chilliad.

Just like a rainbow, if you move from the general area, the image vanishes.  Due to the moonlight, the cloak and the rain, you have to stay within a certain area for the image to be visible, but it is the same as the Sandy Shores UFO, albeit, at a much lower altitude.

The mural depicts a UFO in the bottom left corner.  I believe this is the Sandy Shores UFO.

The Easter Egg - I would offer - is the UFO being visible at the viewing area at the top of Chilliad.  It's detached from the physical UFO pic itself, but it's there and it's visible.

The bottom right image (which, I honestly thought was a man grabbing a swag of money, first time I saw it) is connected to the UFO (Sandy Shores).

What's the myth about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

How do you get to the end of the rainbow?

I think somewhere on the ground over the west coast, will be what is effectively the "end of the rainbow".

No idea what will be there.

Whether we can draw a straight line in 3D space from the Sandy Shores UFO - *through* the Chilliad UFO image... and right down onto the ground somewhere...?  Tough to do due to the altitudes involved, but I think the end of that straight line is the end of the rainbow and... who knows what that bottom right image box represents.

I'll see if I can make some rough 3D spacial guesses on where it would be.  Hey, could even be the military base I suppose.

Or out at sea, I'm honestly not sure.

Maybe take Chop out to the end of it and see if CJ is buried under the ground, still wearing his jetpack - in some freak, idiotic Darwin award calamity.

Anyone on the same page as me with the above thought process?

chilltyperiod
  • chilltyperiod

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by chilltyperiod, 03 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

But maybe all the smaller Easter Eggs in the game have something to do with the Ultimate one?

OR EVEN, GTA Online maybe has something to do with this? for example, Michael is Epsilon, Trevor is Altruist, And Franklin is (Unknown, Maybe someone will find this?). So if you complete all those little base missions in Online, you could get three people to go at each UFO and get the lighthouse to point somewhere (Not yet known where.). Because in Online your character basically does not have a religion. And hence the name SPACE DOCKER , maybe its supposed to dock with one of the UFO's using the cargobob?

Already tried a million times.
I just don't believe the cargobob is needed AT ALL.

Cargobobbing items is just a symptom when man reaches a brick wall

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey man, welcome,

It is strongly advised to go through the pages of this particular thread. It can be little tedious at times but i assure you, you will be fully intrigued by the content this thread has (considering the duration you joined the post). UFO, spacedocking, glowing lights, yoga, hatch, morsecode, methamphetamine, earthquake, volcanoes, infinity 8, arrows, epsilom, children of the mountain, caves you name it. Have a good read.

Regards. .

• Smeefy likes this

Doomklaimer
  • Doomklaimer

Some kind of gamma-powered mechanical monster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Just discovered something REALLY interesting.

I had heard that the Chiliad UFO disappears if you switch between characters. After a little testing, this is true...to an extent. The UFO disappears, but ONLY after 4:00 AM. Between 3 and 4 AM, you can switch freely from the guy standing on Chilliad, and the UFO will still be there when you get back!

The UFO also only makes a humming sound in that hour too. My assumption on this is that we only have that one in-game hour to be able to interact with the UFO in some way, with help from one of the other characters. This would also explain why, considering the fact that both Devin Weston and Steve Haines were breathing down Franklin's neck, he didn't kill both Michael and Trevor - You need at least one buddy.

So here's my theory for the next step: The mural shows us the glyphs on the mountain, so we can figure out when to stand on Chilliad (raining, 3 am). The UFO shows up, humming, with FIB plastered on the side. The FIB are testing a reverse-engineered UFO.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that some bumbling FIB government-man left something open, or at least unlocked back at home base. While the FIB are playing with their shiny toy on Chilliad, send another character to the FIB building and find your way in. There's only the one hour, so you have to move fast. Play it like one of the heists - every second counts.

• chilleverest and FailSnaill like this

violateddolphin
  • violateddolphin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

So...  Chilliad UFO only appears between 03:00 and 05:00 during rain/storm.
What else appears during rainy weather?  Rainbows.

The Chilliad UFO looks EXACTLY like the Sandy Shores one.

Between 03:00 and 05:00, the moon is hitting the Sandy Shores UFO at just the right angle (rather, the *cloaked* UFO) to shine an image, bouncing off of the rain droplets (however rainbows work, I guess) to cast an image of that same UFO at the viewing area at the top of Chilliad.

Just like a rainbow, if you move from the general area, the image vanishes.  Due to the moonlight, the cloak and the rain, you have to stay within a certain area for the image to be visible, but it is the same as the Sandy Shores UFO, albeit, at a much lower altitude.

The bottom right image (which, I honestly thought was a man grabbing a swag of money, first time I saw it) is connected to the UFO (Sandy Shores).

What's the myth about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
How do you get to the end of the rainbow?

I think somewhere on the ground over the west coast, will be what is effectively the "end of the rainbow".
No idea what will be there.

Whether we can draw a straight line in 3D space from the Sandy Shores UFO - *through* the Chilliad UFO image... and right down onto the ground somewhere...?  Tough to do due to the altitudes involved, but I think the end of that straight line is the end of the rainbow and... who knows what that bottom right image box represents.

Ummmmmm..... sorry, im in tears here

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by ciderio, 03 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Only got one street race and checking the space parts into Omega to go for 100%.

Should only take me ten mins, so will hop on shortly when the wife goes out.

I've used no cheats and am open to suggestions in what order to try and trigger stuff.

I'm intrigued by mention of a Vinewood UFO. I think it is probably a troll, but one thing did catch my eye: a potential communication/radio tower on a glyph and a massive communication tower at the Vinewood sign.

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Beam me up already....

(Just uploaded these because I thought they looked comical. No, I'm not getting beamed up by the UFO)

xoBRIEu.jpg

GRI8eXw.jpg

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

You have to buy PS4 or XBOX ONE and GTA5 next gen version to solve the mystery. This is a huge marketing move, R* loves your wallet. 

• tdurbo likes this

datsuperlemonhaze
  • datsuperlemonhaze

Skeptosardonicus

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Mock him now, unsaveables, but when the seventh vial is poured and the great thunder is heard, His judgment will be upon you. Those who did not heed the signs will know then how stupid they have been, and the Great Scorer will tally the wage of your sin.

chaoclysm
  • chaoclysm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by chaoclysm, 03 November 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Had a random thought. We all pretty much assume that option C in which all characters survive is the canonical ending. And also that any hidden item would be unlocked using this ending. What if that's wrong and its another ending (or alternate universe) that triggers an event?

This will probably sound a bit out there (although considering some theories maybe not) but what if Michael or Trevor's corpse gets taken by the aliens and that becomes a miniature storyline all by itself.

It would obviously need to be unlocked in some way as nobody has discovered it so far but given most theories and investigations have been carried out on one ending it seems like two other avenues have been ignored entirely.

Edit: This is all complete conjecture on my part and I haven't quite finished the game yet but I think I'll take the ending in which Michael dies. When he's drugged he either gets abducted or imagines he does, and during the first FBI mission he ends up in a bodybag in the morgue. He's even had his death faked before. Foreshadowing?

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

Had a random thought. We all pretty much assume that option C in which all characters survive is the canonical ending. And also that any hidden item would be unlocked using this ending. What if that's wrong and its another ending (or alternate universe) that triggers an event?

This will probably sound a bit out there (although considering some theories maybe not) but what if Michael or Trevor's corpse gets taken by the aliens and that becomes a miniature storyline all by itself.

It would obviously need to be unlocked in some way as nobody has discovered it so far but given most theories and investigations have been carried out on one ending it seems like two other avenues have been ignored entirely.

Edit: This is all complete conjecture on my part and I haven't quite finished the game yet but I think I'll take the ending in which ######. When he's drugged he either gets abducted or imagines he does, and during the first FBI mission he ends up in a bodybag in the morgue. He's even had his death faked before. Foreshadowing?

Thats as far as it goes, i have more playtime after 100% than before... i feel like were looking in the wrong place for the right things its just a matter of time before someone crashes their bike and falls face first on the missing clue

datsuperlemonhaze
  • datsuperlemonhaze

Skeptosardonicus

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Foreshadowing?

This thing is so simple, I can't believe you people still haven't figured this out. You have to find Colonel Mustard, take him to the library, then hit him with a candlestick. Boom, bang, zip, jetpack.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users