Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

You know, a few pages back i myself dropped a bomb shell but not one person picked up on it because its lost in all this crap. I agree the reddit post is very interesting and I'm looking forward to trying some of that stuff out myself later but at least a few pages ago i hinted that i may, MAY have found the downtown UFO but as i say its gone un-noticed.
Maybe it is time we got a new thread going starting with all the facts we know (the op of this thread never updated his post with the info which i think is the only way to go).

i think i saw your post, but i've read everything in this thread and it all seems to gel at some point.  please repost?

violateddolphin
  • violateddolphin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

On the textile city mural, in the ufo looking circle, does anyone else not see the word 'things' but can actually see 'thine'. Not that it will make any difference

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 01 November 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Do tell!

Ok ill repeat it or else ill end up in the troll pile myself.

I dont know if it is anything but when ive seen the flying ufos ive gone to the height limit, those stated to be at the height limit aren't at the height limit really as you can fly above them.

Anyway, when ive gone there on my way up to the height limit there looks to me on my screen to be a darker circle im heading for. Like a hole in the ozone layer effect.
It could be the same hole or could be a different one for each UFO but i can make it out above all the flying ufos.

I have happened to randomly come across one of these 'holes' downtown.

Theres no other theory, no clues as to how i found it, nothing. Its just somthing i noted then while messing around (actually looking at the curvature of the earth for clues lol) i found one in downtown.

It made me wonder if theres a UFO there similarly to the others but it really was at the end of my game time and i put it down to investigate the night i ended up messing around with t1 and t2 all night.

I will revisit the area to try and find the location of the hole then i/we can investigate further

But as i say it could be nothing or it could be the same hole or effect after-all a flying plane high up in the sky is always in front of you right?

Could be the same one or merely nothing but i think its worth MY time investigating it. Definatley worth more of my time that chasing clouds.

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yea Al Gore... I mean Scooby.... I saw your post about the depleting Ozone layer, I was just waiting for the update with a location ;)

• Scoobysrt likes this

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Anyway, when ive gone there on my way up to the height limit there looks to me on my screen to be a darker circle im heading for. Like a hole in the ozone layer effect.
It could be the same hole or could be a different one for each UFO but i can make it out above all the flying ufos.

Theres no other theory, no clues as to how i found it, nothing. Its just somthing i noted then while messing around (actually looking at the curvature of the earth for clues lol) i found one in downtown.

was it a kind of dark or displaced color space in the sky?  i saw something similar downtown and made for it, and felt like the chopper was being pushed to the left or the right when i did.  to be fair the character i was using had less than half his flight skill, so it could be wind or nothing, but i was slightly to the west of the group of tall buildings downtown, i believe, when it happened.

Macvash
  • Macvash

Busta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by Macvash, 01 November 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Do tell!

I dont know if it is anything but when ive seen the flying ufos ive gone to the height limit, those stated to be at the height limit aren't at the height limit really as you can fly above them.

It made me wonder if theres a UFO there similarly to the others but it really was at the end of my game time and i put it down to investigate the night i ended up messing around with t1 and t2 all night.

I will revisit the area to try and find the location of the hole then i/we can investigate further

But as i say it could be nothing or it could be the same hole or effect after-all a flying plane high up in the sky is always in front of you right?

Could be the same one or merely nothing but i think its worth MY time investigating it. Definatley worth more of my time that chasing clouds.

I noticed the same thing too, but tried not to think too much of it.

It looks cool though.

OMG ITS DA MOTHERSHIP

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'll be honest, if i post a theory or somthing and it goes unanswered or seemedly un noticed ive not been going any further with it. Ive too many ideas running through my head and trying others theories out as well its slowly eating my life up.
This is one i really wanted to chase up on though.

From what i remember it was almost inbetween the maze bank building and the airport. I dont have exact location because i dont think i went vertically up and i didnt come vertically down afterwards. I just know its in that area. I found going off maybe a block? Distance from it made it impossable to see, you have yo come up at it.

I WILL find it again and defo post it but please dont put too much weight to it until i get some definate answers myself. I dont want to come across as or be called a troll unless i deserve it so give me a few hours to see what pans out.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 01 November 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Yup, sounds like you two have seen it. Glad ive not caught Brian's 'thing' lol.

I did have a look around up to the height limit when i was there but saw nothing so i wanted to investigate whats below it (it kept removing my map point as i was already over the spot) or whether somthing could be cloaked up there.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by neku_neku, 01 November 2013 - 02:33 PM.

also experience with this "darker circle" while flying in the sky vertically 90 degree using a lazer jet around hippy camp.

but i think it most probably just the "skybox" graphic thingy.

• Scoobysrt likes this

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'll be honest, if i post a theory or somthing and it goes unanswered or seemedly un noticed ive not been going any further with it. Ive too many ideas running through my head and trying others theories out as well its slowly eating my life up.
This is one i really wanted to chase up on though.

From what i remember it was almost inbetween the maze bank building and the airport. I dont have exact location because i dont think i went vertically up and i didnt come vertically down afterwards. I just know its in that area. I found going off maybe a block? Distance from it made it impossable to see, you have yo come up at it.

I WILL find it again and defo post it but please dont put too much weight to it until i get some definate answers myself. I dont want to come across as or be called a troll unless i deserve it so give me a few hours to see what pans out.

Yes... you try to fly straight up in a helicopter and by the time you reach altitude you've flown 65 miles in an other direction. 

Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Do tell!

There is a very large "hole" above the map, I think it's just how it's designed to be. 

• Scoobysrt likes this

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 01 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Ok equity, that would make sence as to why ive seen it above the other ufos. Thats what i was afraid of, it being the one same thing.
I'm still going to check it out as its somthing ive found which doesn't happen too often.

What i will say however is that if i fly straight up elsewhere i dont seem to see the 'hole'.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

if, at any point, anyone makes a 'cleaned-up' version of the textile mural, or sees one, please do not hesitate to link.  not only would i like to investigate it further, but i have a friend who wants part, or all, of it as a tattoo.

FailSnaill
  • FailSnaill

Not actually a failing snail.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

On the map you got (not the blueprint or the in-game map) you can see there's a building on procopio beach, but there is nothing to see. Why did rockstar make it look like there's a building or something else on procopio beach. Procopio beach is the north beach right to paleto bay. Plz do some research

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Er... perhaps you could do some research?

Big-Cheeky
  • Big-Cheeky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

if, at any point, anyone makes a 'cleaned-up' version of the textile mural, or sees one, please do not hesitate to link.  not only would i like to investigate it further, but i have a friend who wants part, or all, of it as a tattoo.

Page 276 of this thread. Post by McGyver55

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Page 276 of this thread. Post by McGyver55

thanks very much.  i actually did save this one, but i meant without the added map lines and maybe with clearer words.  the 'warhol' is very helpful, though, i did save that to get a decent outline from.  i just meant, if a photoshop guy ever cleans it up further from what we saw yesterday, please holla.  i think a bare, clean outline will be really helpful.

would make a killer tattoo, even just the arms.  i doubt the guy will get it....he has no idea what something like this will cost.  but i am betting someone, somewhere will.

Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Stop him before it's too late!

• datsuperlemonhaze likes this

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by agonistes06, 01 November 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Stop him before it's too late!

lol--his first tattoo was the mortal kombat dragon.  i don't know how to stop him.

on topic...you guys, clipping up under the map, have there been found ANYTHING downtown like the ufo texture spinners under fort z and ss and chiliad?  for that matter, the submerged ufo......anything under it, or can you get under it while clipping with it so far underwater?  since i started playing i have had a theory about 'raising' the submerged ufo....looking at it it looks disconnected enough from its environment to maybe be moved.  the other wrecks look kind of 'built-in,' but this ufo seems to stand out in the same way a vehicle does, or any other interactive/moving thing that isn't in a cutscene.

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

So where is this textile mural located exactly? I must have missed this one while playing.

Equity
  • Equity

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

@The 2 Water Silos with Alien graffiti on; there are two signs there.

The red one posted above, in between both silos (obviously to grab your attention:

0_0.jpg

The water containers in FZ have this sign in front of them. (Or actually a couple have those, and others have a red circle)

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by AlabamaFatts, 01 November 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Well, did some searching and pic taking, and I came up HUGE! The links below will lead you to my snapmatic pics of MY Chiliad. I have solved a major portion and am able to manipulate Chiliad and the surrounding mountains. Here is a before and after shot I took, minutes apart from each ther in the same spot.
http://rsg.ms/1aOKU6j
http://rsg.ms/1aOL1yt

And this one is just north of those. It seems that an ancient city is sprouting out of Chiliad!!
http://rsg.ms/1aOLgtp
http://rsg.ms/1aOLnVS

This is absolutely amazing. I thought I was triggering earthquakes at first, but it turned out that the rumbling, was the mountain itself. Gonna try to take some pictures from further back, but is difficult to get down now, and don't wanna die. Not sure if I'll lose my progress. Be back with some Heli photos and shots from the peak. For now, here is my full Snapmatic album,
http://socialclub.ro...pmatic/myphotos

feel free to browse. And please, if anyone can disprove that my Chiliad isn't different than anyone else's, feel free to do so. Gonna go see what else I can find.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by ralf_s, 01 November 2013 - 03:40 PM.

"So where is this textile mural located exactly? I must have missed this one while playing."

It's opposite the Binco clothing store on the east side of town, just round the corner from where you get those absurd Barry missions (aliens/clowns)...

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

"...is difficult to get down now, and don't wanna die. Not sure if I'll lose my progress. "

Quick save?

chaoclysm
  • chaoclysm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

This isn't meant to be a new idea as I've seen elements of this mentioned on this thread as well as the reddit. I think if R* are hiding something big in the game it would involve or utilize new or important elements in the gameplay/story.

-3 protagonists: The use of more than one character has been put forth in nearly every theory so far. It's the biggest change in the game compared to previous entries and I think any hidden element must be unlocked this way.

-Heists: Not completely new but it has never been focused on so much before. I saw several pages ago someone suggesting getting gold on all heist missions to correlate with the Mount Chiliad murial.

-Stock market: An example of the in-game internet affecting the game world and visa versa. Could toying around with shares and the possibility to affect them through our actions be relevant?

-Underwater: The first time a GTA has featured scuba gear and underwater craft. There have been several easter eggs found underwater already so perhaps that is an end to that but it is a large space. And from the little time I've spent underwater very difficult to navigate as you can't see very far ahead.

I'm probably missing some things but if there are more easter eggs/rewards to uncover then I think they would involve new or important game mechanics.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm probably missing some things but if there are more easter eggs/rewards to uncover then I think they would involve new or important game mechanics.

i just read this on reddit:  http://www.reddit.co..._these_caskets/  and came back here to alabama's post, which i am now going to go check out.  i DO think landscape/random item variance is a big part of things, and possibly something we are missing because we're not looking for it.

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

"...is difficult to get down now, and don't wanna die. Not sure if I'll lose my progress. "

Quick save?

Just did. Gonna go get a chopper now.

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

"So where is this textile mural located exactly? I must have missed this one while playing."

It's opposite the Binco clothing store on the east side of town, just round the corner from where you get those absurd Barry missions (aliens/clowns)...

Ah, found it. Thanks.

sylvester21
  • sylvester21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi all, anyone of you figured out whatever happened to the wall directly opposite the Mount Chilliad mural? There seems to be a plastered section on the wall but its not present elsewhere. 

Roymgp14afca
  • Roymgp14afca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well, did some searching and pic taking, and I came up HUGE! The links below will lead you to my snapmatic pics of MY Chiliad. I have solved a major portion and am able to manipulate Chiliad and the surrounding mountains. Here is a before and after shot I took, minutes apart from each ther in the same spot.
http://rsg.ms/1aOKU6j
http://rsg.ms/1aOL1yt

And this one is just north of those. It seems that an ancient city is sprouting out of Chiliad!!
http://rsg.ms/1aOLgtp
http://rsg.ms/1aOLnVS

This is absolutely amazing. I thought I was triggering earthquakes at first, but it turned out that the rumbling, was the mountain itself. Gonna try to take some pictures from further back, but is difficult to get down now, and don't wanna die. Not sure if I'll lose my progress. Be back with some Heli photos and shots from the peak. For now, here is my full Snapmatic album,
http://socialclub.ro...pmatic/myphotos

feel free to browse. And please, if anyone can disprove that my Chiliad isn't different than anyone else's, feel free to do so. Gonna go see what else I can find.

Please GTFO before this thread gets locked you are like an handicapt stephen hawking
  • cruelht likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users