Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Retruxs
  • Retruxs

Jetpack Hunter

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

This map is strange, has many points of interest and one of them is related to the signs of UFOs

getScreenCaptureImage1_zps668ff2f4.png
getScreenCaptureImage_zpsa90af93b.png

Did you kill hee and see if she drops it? Probably coild get a better view of it then!

yes, if you shoot away the map

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I find it interesting that there are pages in the topic in regards to glitches and bugs... We're trying to solve the Mt Chiliad mystery which is something implemented into the game on purpose, how can anything that has occurred due to a glitch or a bug be anything to do with it?

I obviously haven't read through all 275 pages, so i can't be 100% sure that this hasn't been mentioned or picked up on yet... But does anybody have a solid answer as to where the arrow above the tower at the 'alien monument' points to? I know a few people THINK it's the Altruist camp, which, i suppose COULD be true, seeing as there's a few things there that link to aliens and whatnot. However, considering how close the previous one was i don't believe that the next destination is that far away.

The one prior to the one at the alien monument had 'carvings' in the sand of the mural and the WOW! signal, which also appears on the alien monument. However, there doesn't seem to be anything similar to that by the tower at the monument, which throws me off a little.

Now, something else i've noticed - Again, not sure whether it's mentioned somewhere in this thread or not as i assume there's been A LOT of looking around and A LOT of contribution from numerous people - The alien paintings and circle/dot symbols that are on the alien monument also appear on large water towers. Now, i know there are a couple of these water towers just across the road from the monument, but i'm pretty sure there are more of these painted towers elsewhere. I've been looking for about half an hour and can't for the life of me find them again so it's entirely possible that i imagined it... Unfortunately.

One more thing, and this one probably has been mentioned. Considering the red UFO icon at the hope of the mural is clearly the projection of the UFO, and one of the glyphs represents the underwater UFO, has anybody been able to find and match up the rest? Do the other two UFOs (the oldschool FBI one and the funky black FBI one) definitely match up to the glyphs? As in, appear as the glyph suggests?

In all honesty, as interested as i am in this, and as much as i like searching around and trying to pull out things that will help link stuff together and maybe progress the mystery further, i'm not at 100% yet, and i can't be bothered to get there either, so i'm assuming there's more than just the UFO projection that i won't be able to see/find. I'd like to hope not, but who knows.

• ciderio likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

there has to be a way (in game) to make the images come out....

As for what is what...

Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Most of you know I will not knock your ideas.

I know people have said taking a pic from the game and put UV on it wont work.

But I still wish someone could take the textile city pic, and maybe make a negative of it or put UV on it, just to see. Because there's a lot of sh*t going on in that pic.

J187
  • J187

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I find it interesting that there are pages in the topic in regards to glitches and bugs... We're trying to solve the Mt Chiliad mystery which is something implemented into the game on purpose, how can anything that has occurred due to a glitch or a bug be anything to do with it?

I obviously haven't read through all 275 pages, so i can't be 100% sure that this hasn't been mentioned or picked up on yet... But does anybody have a solid answer as to where the arrow above the tower at the 'alien monument' points to? I know a few people THINK it's the Altruist camp, which, i suppose COULD be true, seeing as there's a few things there that link to aliens and whatnot. However, considering how close the previous one was i don't believe that the next destination is that far away.

The one prior to the one at the alien monument had 'carvings' in the sand of the mural and the WOW! signal, which also appears on the alien monument. However, there doesn't seem to be anything similar to that by the tower at the monument, which throws me off a little.

Now, something else i've noticed - Again, not sure whether it's mentioned somewhere in this thread or not as i assume there's been A LOT of looking around and A LOT of contribution from numerous people - The alien paintings and circle/dot symbols that are on the alien monument also appear on large water towers. Now, i know there are a couple of these water towers just across the road from the monument, but i'm pretty sure there are more of these painted towers elsewhere. I've been looking for about half an hour and can't for the life of me find them again so it's entirely possible that i imagined it... Unfortunately.

One more thing, and this one probably has been mentioned. Considering the red UFO icon at the hope of the mural is clearly the projection of the UFO, and one of the glyphs represents the underwater UFO, has anybody been able to find and match up the rest? Do the other two UFOs (the oldschool FBI one and the funky black FBI one) definitely match up to the glyphs? As in, appear as the glyph suggests?

In all honesty, as interested as i am in this, and as much as i like searching around and trying to pull out things that will help link stuff together and maybe progress the mystery further, i'm not at 100% yet, and i can't be bothered to get there either, so i'm assuming there's more than just the UFO projection that i won't be able to see/find. I'd like to hope not, but who knows.

Regarding the glitches... I don't think anyone is suggesting that something is triggered by a glitch.. but glitching helps gain perspective. You can find things out by gliches or cause things to happen by cheats that may lead toward the non-glitching/cheating answer... for instance using the weather cheat on top of chiliad will show you the UFO without having to come back on several occasions until you happen to find the right weather. 

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

Get on Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by stangone50, 31 October 2013 - 07:45 PM.

http://socialclub.ro...cFUSuhswiOdTAqA

http://socialclub.ro...TYUOT2F7HGZ1C3g

Here these show same locations and pics as alabama . All he did was fly off the map .

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Regarding the glitches... I don't think anyone is suggesting that something is triggered by a glitch.. but glitching helps gain perspective. You can find things out by gliches or cause things to happen by cheats that may lead toward the non-glitching/cheating answer... for instance using the weather cheat on top of chiliad will show you the UFO without having to come back on several occasions until you happen to find the right weather.

True, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule. I think the proper way to get it to rain is with booty calls. Funnily enough, you need a booty call for 100 as well. I think that the things you need for 100% will lead you to clues, hence why the collectibles are at interesting locations, or in front of suspicious things.

There will be no clues found from glitching somewhere on the map.

Excellent post by the way cjspeed.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

As for what is what...

But I still wish someone could take the textile city pic, and maybe make a negative of it or put UV on it, just to see. Because there's a lot of sh*t going on in that pic.

There's one around.

Lemme search a bit

Rodge 1985
  • Rodge 1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

In regards to my theory i posted early this morning. I have not found anything yet. Except the weather changes depending on which way you fly, after you have spawned the mount chiliad ufo. If you go to the hippy camp directly after you've spawned the ufo. The weather remains rainy and the symbol at the camp is for rain. If you go altruist cult the weather goes to sunny and the symbols there are all for sun. I have tried the with both Trevor and Michael and it does the same for both. Don't know if this prooves that there is a patern to be followed. But thought id share it any way

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Glitching can help a lot.

I that that glitching won't lead to "the door will open properly and a new mission will start"

but glitching can lead to something like finding a few rooms behind a door or a somehting behind a wall that helps for further investigation.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Havent read the thread.
Not at 100% and cant be bothered to be.

Not inspiring confidence there.

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by ciderio, 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Glitching can help a lot.
I that that glitching won't lead to "the door will open properly and a new mission will start"
but glitching can lead to something like finding a few rooms behind a door or a somehting behind a wall that helps for further investigation.
Not really. You could discover something that is in there purely for the benefit of online. Then it could lead to false hope and the chasing of wild geese.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

You are both right and i agree, sometimes a glitch in the right area MAY possibly show you something you couldn't see before. BUT, when somebody glitched under Mt Chiliad and didn't see a Jet Pack behind where the 'door' is, he decided that meant there was no Jet Pack behind that door. Now, just because he didn't see it there, doesn't mean it's not there. I think, what you'll also notice, is that he didn't see the internals of ANY buildings while he was under the map, so you obviously cannot see objects from that perspective. Plus, there is also a possibility that things regarding this will spawn when they are available to see/access.

Also, seeing things that seem like they are connected might just throw us off the trail we're on, or pull us in the wrong direction. Especially seeing as the view of them is glitched/bugged.

With regards to this that i mentioned a few minutes ago. I aligned my blip on the map to point in the direction of the arrow atop the tower, and then tried my best (using a poster as a straight-line aid) to place a marker the opposite side of the map in the exact direction i was facing. Having flown all the way, most of it was water. I came to a dirt road that, at first, i was intrigued by because it seemed to be in the shape of the symbols at the monument and on the water towers (dot surrounded by a circle connected to a line). I then flew under a bridge (also in the direction of the marker) to see if there was anything there and then flew back because there wasn't. And upon my return, i realised that is the spawn location of the Random Event where a gang shootout has occurred and a briefcase containing money is dropped.

Considering this event took place, i decided the fact that the dirt road seemed to represent the shapes actually meant nothing, and ignored it. The Altruist Camp IS close to here, so i suppose that is all it's pointing to. I think i'm slightly disappointed at that considering there's no solid clue at the camp to help us along the way at all...

I'm going to explore some more, and see if i can find these other water towers that i think i found.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Havent read the thread.

And for this i apologise.

I guess what i should've said is "I haven't got the time to spend trying to achieve 100% considering, if you think about it, it's actually not THAT easy and is quite time consuming".

Also, can you blame me for not going through 275 pages?

Besides, neither of those points make any of my suggestions less worthy or any less true (not that i offered anything other than opportunity to answer questions and a small piece of somewhat interesting information that is likely to be a distraction from the actual mystery).

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

okay....

about to hit bed.

But, before I do. I want to recap on Textile City.

I said I saw something in there and someone lightened the image and did a bunch of other stuff.

No one could see it..

To be honest I wasn't sure either.

But I went in and tried to bring out what I saw as "off"

Srry, only have MSpaint.

There is more to bring out... but this is the jest of it
tu9UiQ0.jpg

LMK what you guys think.

About a week ago I posted an image of that mural that I'd run through several filters and channels in Photoshop... Nobody gave a rats ass, but I did point out the latent maze image in the background....

I'm pretty sure I've also seen that flame in the center somewhere, but in statue/sculpture form... Whatever.

By the way... Free alternative to Photoshop:

http://www.gimp.org/

Surprised nobody else mentioned it... very good and has a big community to support it.

Good luck.

2qn45e8.jpg

ojqfzp.jpg

33m7jg6.jpg

• chilleverest and Ricardo F like this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by HakatoX, 31 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

okay....

about to hit bed.

But, before I do. I want to recap on Textile City.

I said I saw something in there and someone lightened the image and did a bunch of other stuff.

No one could see it..

To be honest I wasn't sure either.

But I went in and tried to bring out what I saw as "off"

Srry, only have MSpaint.

There is more to bring out... but this is the jest of it

LMK what you guys think.

About a week ago I posted an image of that mural that I'd run through several filters and channels in Photoshop... Nobody gave a rats ass, but I did point out the latent maze image in the background....

I'm pretty sure I've also seen that flame in the center somewhere, but in statue/sculpture form... Whatever.

By the way... Free alternative to Photoshop:

http://www.gimp.org/

Surprised nobody else mentioned it... very good and has a big community to support it.

Good luck.

I cared!

Sometimes I am on the Vita (like now)

and posting sucks.

I'm srry for not sayng anything. 

also, could thi be the buildings wit the eye between them?

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

2qn45e8.jpg

ojqfzp.jpg

i did not notice the first time you posted this how much the color-enhanced images look like money, either.

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

This map is strange, has many points of interest and one of them is related to the signs of UFOs

getScreenCaptureImage1_zps668ff2f4.png
getScreenCaptureImage_zpsa90af93b.png

Did you kill hee and see if she drops it? Probably coild get a better view of it then!

yes, if you shoot away the map

I saw people in front of that statue at the observatory holding those maps before.

Modified Soul
  • Modified Soul

Gamejitsu Specialist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Modified Soul, 31 October 2013 - 08:19 PM.

As for what is what...

There's one around.

Lemme search a bit

been mucking around in photo shop for ages and i cant see much... not without putting on my tinfoil hat anyway

Havent read the thread.

I guess what i should've said is "I haven't got the time to spend trying to achieve 100% considering, if you think about it, it's actually not THAT easy and is quite time consuming".

Besides, neither of those points make any of my suggestions less worthy or any less true (not that i offered anything other than opportunity to answer questions and a small piece of somewhat interesting information that is likely to be a distraction from the actual mystery).

download a completed save game

ciderio
  • ciderio

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Havent read the thread.

It's very time consuming :(

I'm on 93%, it's very difficult with a full time job and a wife.

I have to check my spaceship parts to Omega (was going to do that last so I get the Docker at 100%. I may take the piss, but I think the Docker will have some part to play), get par at golf, win a game of tennis, a couple of street races and a couple of off-road races.

Doing the last triathlon now. I'll tell you what, I keep having to pause it, far too unfit. I wouldn't mind, but this is the second attempt; on my first I ran someone over 25 mins in and got disqualified for illegal activity!

I guess my rather verbose point is: I'll be able to properly join the hunt in the next couple of days. Pretty sure there's a pixel on the map that hasn't had the Spacedocker cargobobbed to. I'll start there :)

I notice CVG are focusing on "the alien trail", which is to do with the arrows and the Wow signal, so that may be something. They also don't appear to know that it is the Wow symbol though, so maybe not.

But it at least shows that people who play games for a living, are looking for obvious signs - arrows etcetera.

I don't see any cargobobbing the Spacedocker to the top of Mount Chiliad.

Devo01234
  • Devo01234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by Devo01234, 31 October 2013 - 08:29 PM.

No point to try glitch i thing people with jtag just should turn on mode like in others game thats give you free camera spectate so you can check map easy

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

i've searched the google for a hi-res pic of the textile city mural and if i even use the word mural i get irl murals, which are pretty but no use to me in this particular matter.

• cruelht likes this

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

That redditt link somewhere above about the hippy camp and Gordon is a great read. Seems promising and makes sense. Surprised it hasn't been jumped on.
  • jkd69 likes this

Modified Soul
  • Modified Soul

Gamejitsu Specialist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by Modified Soul, 31 October 2013 - 08:35 PM.

been done http://gtaforums.com...ta-5-mysteries/ let me know if you see anything that needs adding or changing

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

All this thread is people having a nice friendly chat. I haven't seen anything new discovered since like the first page. I though this was created to post clues not to prove everyone wrong. Ill be back here when the jet pack comes as a dlc  :yawn:

Modified Soul
  • Modified Soul

Gamejitsu Specialist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

All this thread is people having a nice friendly chat. I haven't seen anything new discovered since like the first page. I though this was created to post clues not to prove everyone wrong. Ill be back here when the jet pack comes as a dlc  :yawn:

ViB6DdO.jpg

see the thing striking Chiliad :)

• bakinsammyk likes this

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I have to check my spaceship parts to Omega (was going to do that last so I get the Docker at 100%. I may take the piss, but I think the Docker will have some part to play), get par at golf, win a game of tennis, a couple of street races and a couple of off-road races.

Doing the last triathlon now. I'll tell you what, I keep having to pause it, far too unfit. I wouldn't mind, but this is the second attempt; on my first I ran someone over 25 mins in and got disqualified for illegal activity!

I guess my rather verbose point is: I'll be able to properly join the hunt in the next couple of days. Pretty sure there's a pixel on the map that hasn't had the Spacedocker cargobobbed to. I'll start there :)

I notice CVG are focusing on "the alien trail", which is to do with the arrows and the Wow signal, so that may be something. They also don't appear to know that it is the Wow symbol though, so maybe not.

But it at least shows that people who play games for a living, are looking for obvious signs - arrows etcetera.

Thing is, i would go for 100%, but with the arrival of BF4 tomorrow, i think i'll be on that instead for a bit.

I've been following CVG for a looooooong time, and i watched their Alien Trail. Which is mainly why i picked up on most people thinking the arrow points towards the Altruist camp. I just don't think that it leads there or ends there... There's just not enough there for that to be it.

After watching a few more videos on Youtube, part of me is convinced that the mural is just a puzzle in which, upon solving, tells you how to get the UFO to spawn above Mt Chiliad (all the little glyphs add up to the requirements - seemingly). But then again, the glyph with the rain cloud under the UFO also appears at the Alien Monument in Sandy Shores. I don't know if that's been picked up yet as i've only just realised it's there. I don't know what it means, it's possible you have to be on 100% to get anything from that.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

ViB6DdO.jpg

It's just a plane trail. Seriously, not everything is a hint/clue!

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's very time consuming :(

Get your wife pregnant, she will be asleep most nights leaving you plenty of time to get 100%. Worked for me so it can work for you. Side bonus is that you get a lot sex during the lead up........(not so much after)

That redditt link somewhere above about the hippy camp and Gordon is a great read. Seems promising and makes sense. Surprised it hasn't been jumped on.

/\

This needs a lot more attention.

Modified Soul
  • Modified Soul

Gamejitsu Specialist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

ViB6DdO.jpg

It's just a plane trail. Seriously, not everything is a hint/clue!

a very valid theory, oh well nothing to see here games all complete and we may as well just wait for the DLC" kinda boring isnt it , this is way more fun

Modified Soul
  • Modified Soul

Gamejitsu Specialist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by Modified Soul, 31 October 2013 - 09:41 PM.

and re the textile city mural i dont know why but the text around the border isnt an exact quote of the Alumnus Football

wiki has it as

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He writes – not that you won or lost – But how you played the Game."

GTA 5 has it as

"For when the Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks – not that you won – But how you played the Game."

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users