Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,717 replies to this topic
XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 October 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Did you go literally to the height limit? Sorry to question it's just that at that altitude it's easy to sway slightly from where u started lol

Always max out the altimiter and make sure i'm above my target.

Been going block by block for the past couple days checking off the ones i got on my map that came withe the game. going to take awhile but eventually i will have searched the entire sky over the city in a well organized manner.

Presiministre
  • Presiministre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by Presiministre, 28 October 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Is it a beam or a mountain with a winding road. I thought the latter tbh.

No, what i mean was that we find the glyph on the mountain and it's just the Eye with the Beam/Mountain under it BUT, when we find it in the desert in the sand it is the same glyph but with the WOW! signal on one side and and Arrow pointing up on the other.

We have to figure out if this is the same symbol that means one thing OR if they are different symbols meaning 2 different things and just use the same "Beam/Mountain" part.

It is Important we figure this out and come to a conclusion on it.

Yep ! Thought the same.

Guys, imagine if the glyph in the sand was the first one you saw. Before ever going to chiliad. And therefore not nowing anything that's on it.

Just imagine, you don't know about the mural. You've never seen any of the glyphs on the mountain.

You haven't been on the viewpoint and don't know about the story completion.

What would you think of it ?

What would have been your next move after seeing it in those conditions ?

Would it lead you to a mountain ? Or antenna/radio emitter ? 
Or would you associate with hippy camp and wow sgnal and think tractor beam ? (beam me up...)
Is it an eye or ufo ?

At that point it would mean something on it's own, without any link to the the mural.

0_0.jpg

mahoke
  • mahoke

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Where does the arrow in ths sand glyph lead you? Is it pointing towards a mountain?

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Is it a beam or a mountain with a winding road. I thought the latter tbh.

No, what i mean was that we find the glyph on the mountain and it's just the Eye with the Beam/Mountain under it BUT, when we find it in the desert in the sand it is the same glyph but with the WOW! signal on one side and and Arrow pointing up on the other.

We have to figure out if this is the same symbol that means one thing OR if they are different symbols meaning 2 different things and just use the same "Beam/Mountain" part.

It is Important we figure this out and come to a conclusion on it.

Yep ! Thought the same.

Guys, imagine if the glyph in the sand was the first one you saw. Before ever going to chiliad. And therefore not nowing anything that's on it.

Just imagine, you don't know about the mural. You've never seen any of the glyphs on the mountain.

You haven't been on the viewpoint and don't know about the story completion.

What would you think of it ?

Would it lead you to a mountain ? Or antenna/radio emitter ? 

What would have been your next move after seeing it in those conditions ?

It could mean something on it's own, without any link to the the mural.

0_0.jpg

Took me a month to figure out this was the Hippy camp, was just thinking too hard.

And the arrow points you directly to it(although seemingly the red arrows mystery are not connected, it just happens to point to what the glyph represents)

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 October 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Where does the arrow in ths sand glyph lead you? Is it pointing towards a mountain?

The arrow isn't "pointing" anywhere. it represents the "Beam me up" on the left of the big hill at the hippy camp.

I'm sure you can match up the other 2 things the glyph shows on your own from there.(don't want to ruin your fun)

EDIT: shows you how R* thought process was working while creating this mystery.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Just had a weird occurance. I'm taking the dinghy round the map to the south east so i can search an area of interest with the scuba gear. Ive got to opposite the lighthouse and theres 10 police boats in a group in the water. Ive instantly got 3 stars and they are shooting at me. Its currently paused while i type, when ive posted ill have to see if i can get away.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Just had a weird occurance. I'm taking the dinghy round the map to the south east so i can search an area of interest with the scuba gear. Ive got to opposite the lighthouse and theres 10 police boats in a group in the water. Ive instantly got 3 stars and they are shooting at me. Its currently paused while i type, when ive posted ill have to see if i can get away.

game time is?

datsuperlemonhaze
  • datsuperlemonhaze

Skeptosardonicus

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

In this deluge of posts in the last few hours, I read someone who was thinking about the "Save In-Home" signs at Camp Dignity earlier.

I also thought that sign was peculiar, thought maybe it meant "one of the conditions" was to only save your game in the character's homes.

But then I read an article about poverty stricken California residents losing their in-home health services due to budget cuts, and their protest signs said "Save In-Home". Maybe it means something more, who knows. That the other sign nearby with the same wood and black paint says "no drugs or alcohol" was also kind of odd to me. Never seen a homeless camp or trailer park, whatever, with no drugs or alcohol in it.

I'm back at the controls and ready to slay this beast!

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

It was 3 in the afternoon. I got out the area and lost my wanted level. I went back in and the boats were gone. I dived over board for a quick look but was only down there a few game minutes then came back up. All the boats were back and i got a 3 star wanted level again.
This time they chased me until i got upper north east then suddenly started loosing wanted level which went quite quick.

Just gone back again and theres nothing. Dived again and nothing. Time is around 6 pm now.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Probably a freak occurance or glitch.

Shadow0fDeth
  • Shadow0fDeth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

X or not? You tell me.

http://rsg.ms/1dfZu6W

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

I don't see an X at all.

grandma_maa
  • grandma_maa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

I see what you are talking about but no, it is not significant.

Shadow0fDeth
  • Shadow0fDeth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Aight, keep searching. :)

Shadow0fDeth
  • Shadow0fDeth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

This is pretty bold and strange. Weird..

http://rsg.ms/1azdeJy

2 pictures of on the ground as well.

GothamDiesel
  • GothamDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

I always thought the arrow in the sand or the red arrow on the concrete cylinder leads you to the hippie camp and the red arrow on the concrete cylinder there leads you to the two big cylinders covered in alien glyphs at the bottom of mount josiah. On the topic of organizing our finds why don't we make new threads dedicated to: glyph interpretations,altruist camp, hippie camp, fort zancudo,theories and any other topics deserving a dedicated thread and this thread can be what it has become...broad investigation of anything relating to this mystery. If enough people think this is a worthy idea I'll hop on it in the morning. Peace

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Please just explore everywhere on the map.

GothamDiesel
  • GothamDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by Chemdawg, 28 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

I take that as a no, I'm not saying to narrow your search to one area (even though thats what I believe needs to be done) Im saying organize our thoughts in a single dedicated place that way your idea or find gets more exposure to the people who are currently investigating that area and not skipped over or drowned out. 

proxygeek
  • proxygeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Guys,

While I enjoy reading all the creative ideas for unlocking the Jetpack, game design isn't nearly as abstract as some of the ideas I'm reading in this thread.

I know some people believe Easter Egg design is "all bets are off" with regards to cracking an egg, but not quite. You have to remember that for every puzzle in the game, the puzzle designers have to make the solution logical to many, not a few. This means that while some of your ideas are perfectly logical in the real world, they aren't realistic in GTA V. In other words, we're all going to find that the Jetpack unlock will have a far less creative solution based on common logic and reason.

My hats go off to those putting cycles into finding the eggs, I have been hard at it solo and have committed myself to only posting something egg related when I feel it's truly compelling. If more people did that, this thread would slow down quite a bit and the content would be richer.

Cheers to all.

• Machinebummer likes this

Technodiq
  • Technodiq

Drink, feck, arse, girrrls!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Found this at the university of Los Santos, thought the emblem looked a little like a lighthouse that you guys seem to think is related. Anyway, it has latin writing around it (which I now see is unreadable in that pic) But yeah... It's in Richman if anybody wants to check it out.

http://socialclub.ro...N-k2crDpvZyESEQ

• Wanderer800 likes this

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by Wanderer800, 28 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

I take that as a no, I'm not saying to narrow your search to one area (even though thats what I believe needs to be done) Im saying organize our thoughts in a single dedicated place that way your idea or find gets more exposure to the people who are currently investigating that area and not skipped over or drowned out. 
Nearly everyone is focusing on the north of the map. Is there not a city full of buildings to the south? What needs to be done is a thread formed where people have "exploration areas," to which they are assigned. To me, nothing will happen at the Altruist camp. Those objects eg, the alter stone,the cave, do not move. Not in their current form. False walls, especially in the barn at the camp? More likely. You can tell when something is "meant to be animated." Good luck anyway.

GothamDiesel
  • GothamDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

i cant remember exactly but it means something along the lines of everyman is his own comedy, resume to nausea/ something unpleasant

GothamDiesel
  • GothamDiesel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Chemdawg, 28 October 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Nearly everyone is focusing on the north of the map. Is there not a city full of buildings to the south? What needs to be done is a thread formed where people have "exploration areas," to which they are assigned. To me, nothing will happen at the Altruist camp. Those objects eg, the alter stone,the cave, do not move. Not in their current form. False walls, especially in the barn at the camp? More likely. You can tell when something is "meant to be animated." Good luck anyway.

Another point I brought up multiple times, see what I mean by dedicated threads and I see what your original post was getting at

• Wanderer800 likes this

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Found this at the university of Los Santos, thought the emblem looked a little like a lighthouse that you guys seem to think is related. Anyway, it has latin writing around it (which I now see is unreadable in that pic) But yeah... It's in Richman if anybody wants to check it out.

I translated that emblem in another thread, the main part of it says "everyone's a comedian" and "resume the nausea," and something about a Roman helmet. I think its just a bit of a piss take of university life.

http://socialclub.ro...N-k2crDpvZyESEQ

xardion
  • xardion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

So i have been following the red arrows and to me it seems that the last one is pointing towards the place where you get the mission to find the ufo parts.

When you look at the hippie camp there is a big red arrow pointing towards the ufocar , so i guess its a clue that you get a ufo car (spacedocker) if you follow the red arrows.

PowerOver9K
  • PowerOver9K

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

So i have been following the red arrows and to me it seems that the last one is pointing towards the place where you get the mission to find the ufo parts.

When you look at the hippie camp there is a big red arrow pointing towards the ufocar , so i guess its a clue that you get a ufo car (spacedocker) if you follow the red arrows.

The Arrow doesn't point at the car however. It points at the dot. I personally think the arrow on the ground represents something we haven't entirely figured out yet .What I don't know yet. 

Kurt_Cobain67
  • Kurt_Cobain67

Inglorious Bastard

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:24 AM Edited by Kurt_Cobain67, 28 October 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Guys I'm Worried about this:

A3dstIT.jpg0_0.jpg

Try to Imagine that someone has never been on mount chiliad. before that someone decide to go on the mountain, find this cave.The sunset glyph doesn't match with the right bottom glyph on the mural?

There's another one

468px-Gltphred.jpg

The Three III could mean 3AM  just like someone said in some pages back.I think that the sun and the moon together means that we need to wait night before the next step.

30kg65y.jpg

0_0.jpg

0GlDUde.jpg

five glyphs for five Xs.The thunderbolts on the mural can figure the constant rain storm that will happen on mount chiliad in much moment during the week in the game.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Easter-Eggs-Cheats-5.

Now let's pretend that the mountain aria on the mural does not exist,so we have only the ufo,the egg and the "jetpack".We already found the right location on the map for place the three boxes

PALETO BAY : The egg(clucking bell)

PACIFIC OCEAN(near paleto bay) : the sunken UFO

NEAR PALETO FOREST : Purchasable Dock.Someone told me that there's no need to have a scubagear for see the ufo because we can use the submarine too,but where we can obtain the booth things? buying that dock and I think is for this reason that the stickman and the UFO are connected.I don't know you guys but for obtain the scubagear I bought that dock.

The last point is the relationship of the egg between the ufo and mount chiliad.I THINK that the two ufos are connected because they are of FIB even the sunken one.And I starting to think that the ufo on mount chiliad appears only with specific weather condition because his real location is on hippie camp         (FIB ufo too).

ALL THIS POST is just what I think at this point,because you guys kick much asses when we talk of gta easter eggs and if we still don't get it is because we have already solved the mural mystery.I have a question after all.Who discovered the mount chiliad ufo? and how is possible that this guy had already arrived to 100% in just a week? MY OPINION is that rockstar is trolling us guys they showed the mystery because they knew that we would have start an incredible research.But we are like this dog in this moment : /

cane-che-si-morde-3.jpg

PS: sorry for verbs and grammatical errors,I'm not english.

• Wanderer800 and GothamDiesel like this

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:28 AM Edited by Juggernate007, 28 October 2013 - 05:30 AM.

Figured id throw it out there. If its been said then sue me for nor reading all 700 pages of 15 different mystery threads.

The altruist camp says see the eye. Its painted on watertower but I dont think its the actual eye just showing us reference and importance.

What if its indicating another water tower? Or the lighthouse since you can move it buy shooting it.

Also the observatory which sees all like an eye..when you hover over the main circle it has different shadings of circles to almost mimic retina,iris,pupil.. Just a thought tho.
  • Wanderer800 likes this

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Apologies for what i assume is going to be a big block of text but ive got a theory for an alternative way to read the diagram. I dont recollect reading a simular theory but if ive missed it im sorry.

The diagram shows 3 boxes on the right and the jetpack.
It has 2 boxes on the left and the UFO.
There is 1 box in the centre connected in a straight line to a big eye on the outside of the main plan area.

If we assume all the glyphs are to lead us to the flying ufos we assume that they are the main egg at the centre of the diagram.
All 6 ufos are easy enough to find, you see one in the side of the wtf building. You then see the one made from the UFO parts. You then spot the one under water while collecting nuclear waste or simular.
You work out somthing special happens at the top of the mountain and through a bit of trial and error with some thought about the glyphs and telescopes you see the UFO there, the hippy camp and fort.

There then starts a big hunt for the jetpack and UFO shown on the diagram. People searching are convinced the glyphs and ufos are involved so start the search there everytime. Firstly trying everything they can with the ufos and space docker moving into blowing them up or parachuting onto them.

Rockstar will know all this so how to make a puzzle for the JP and UFO that doesn't involve all the searching the world will undoubtedly be doing or by destroying somthing. Glitching somewhere or looking in the code?

Use the egg/s already found. Hide somthing in plain sight and where people already will have searched millions of times worldwide but make it only happen under a certain set of circumstances.

Now the theory is this,
What if the boxes with X's are the ufos.
Until we find out a way of numbering them either via the symbols at the hippy camp for example or some other method, we will have to start with 1,2,3,4 etc from the top.

So for example let's look at the right side of the diagram.
The top box is 1 next box 2 and last one 3.
What if we need to go to the spot of UFO 1 then 2 then 3 maybe making sure you see the UFO or do some other act while the UFO is there (shoot at the stars? Have a 5 star wanted level? Have sex with a hooker who uses the positions on the hippy mural?), then it unlocks a door somewhere, maybe T2, for a limited time and behind that is the jetpack.

Similarly, to get to the UFO you need to see some of the other ufos in order and you get T1 open.
Maybe after you have both open they are always available in those doors and could explain the link shown between the two on the diagram.
Also, maybe you might need the JP for example to be quick enough to get the UFO requirements or visa versa.

Ive retired for the night (morning) now but when I'm back on it im going to see firstly if the JP and UFO boxes are lined up with T1 and T2 where the boxes with the X's line up and if they are near any ufos (ive short term memory problems so i cant memorise things like that).
Otherwise a bit of thought will have to go into working out which box relates to which UFO.
Maybe the 2 boxes at the top of the diagram are UFO 1, they both use 2 lines to get to them from the main centre line. The 3rd box on the right also only needs 2 lines so maybe thats UFO 1 visited twice in one go with another inbetween.

I'm sure ive forgotten to add a lot of other thoughts in this but at least ive got the main idea in writing before i forgot it.

Sorry for another hair brained idea. Thanks to those who stuck with it to the end lol.
  • strakan7 likes this

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Why do people keep bringing up the lighthouse?

Its been patched, the whole shooting thing was a glitch. If anyone checks they will find the light rotates without being aimed at now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users