Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by GTA564, 28 October 2013 - 01:47 AM.

I think organization is a great step forward in our search.
And if someone as minesqll (with those handy programming skills!)
is willing to help: +1

- let's stick to this!

I do not think people here want someone with programming skills
It ruins the fun

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

I mentioned a while ago that a thread where the first post is always kept updated with valid information would be good but although others agreed it wasn't implemented.

We call this progress glad someone is sensible, we dont need to dive off the deep end to get our feet wet

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

Yeah.

Stopping the noises for a second ain't a bad idea
to get somekind of database.
Guys, in time we will get our answer.
This could mean 2 things:

Getting an UFO and or jetpack - which would be totally awesome
and indeed a greatly kept surprise from R*.

We spent months collectively in search and find no jetpack ufo or answers
to all evidence posted up til now.

- let's stick to this!

I have experience in java code hacking, if that helps

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 October 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Is it a beam or a mountain with a winding road. I thought the latter tbh.

No, what i mean was that we find the glyph on the mountain and it's just the Eye with the Beam/Mountain under it BUT, when we find it in the desert in the sand it is the same glyph but with the WOW! signal on one side and and Arrow pointing up on the other.

We have to figure out if this is the same symbol that means one thing OR if they are different symbols meaning 2 different things and just use the same "Beam/Mountain" part.

It is Important we figure this out and come to a conclusion on it.

ImmortaLDucK
  • ImmortaLDucK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Doesn't seem right that the orange and blue glyph in the altruist camp represents the moon - for a start, the whole camp is full of references to the sun. Plus it looks much more like the sun setting over the horizon (i.e. the sea) - as the sun goes more orange as it sets. 

If you're in the camp you can clearly see the sun setting (particularly if stood on the sacrificing/baseball bat stone table) at about 7pm.

Has anyone ever killed anyone up there near the table at sunset? Other thing is that obviously sun setting casts all kind of shadows over the camp - perhaps these point/lead somewhere?

Chemdawg
  • Chemdawg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I agree on that, if we can prove what these glyphs symbolize it should crack this "egg" open.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by Scoobysrt, 28 October 2013 - 02:02 AM.

To X, I personally think they are different or at least could serve different purposes.

Chemdawg
  • Chemdawg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Red sun seems more like rising sun, imo

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Killed many people up there at various times and personally not found anything.

The alterists hated the sun didnt they so why worship it.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Did anyone check the airport in the end? It has a restaurant with an eye logo called 'sightings' for f*cks sake. I reckon our last UFO is above there.

Smeefy
  • Smeefy

punani slayer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by Smeefy, 28 October 2013 - 02:08 AM.

Yeah.

Stopping the noises for a second ain't a bad idea
to get somekind of database.
Guys, in time we will get our answer.
This could mean 2 things:

Getting an UFO and or jetpack - which would be totally awesome
and indeed a greatly kept surprise from R*.

We spent months collectively in search and find no jetpack ufo or answers
to all evidence posted up til now.

- let's stick to this!

I can html jquery and css

MineSQLL
  • MineSQLL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

- let's stick to this!

I do not think people here want someone with programming skills
It ruins the fun

That isn't what I am trying to do, I am trying to organize all the theories, and weed out some possibilities and make this easter egg get solved faster. Please read my post before making stupid statements. 

To everyone else, I will have a small beta setup realitively soon on my site, if all of the people that want to help could PM me, it would save time sorting through posts. I will post the URL of the beta Asap.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

See! This what I mean! You have just proven my point wrathchild with your teenage foul language tantrum! Hahahaha insane it seems!

Nighy all anyhow! Enjoy the nothingness hunt!
The mural is solved and if you had half a brain you would know this! Night night x

Dick.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by Scoobysrt, 28 October 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Online there is a race thats described as ending in sandy shores at a spot common for alien abduction or somthing simular. I didnt get to do the race so dont know where it ends but could be a clue.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Please can someone briefly check above the space-y building at LSI for UFOs? It's called SIGHTINGS ffs. And the logo is an EYE SHAPE.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Do you mean the restaraunt in the middle of the oval roadway where the jumps are?
I'll go now.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Please can someone briefly check above the space-y building at LSI for UFOs? It's called SIGHTINGS ffs. And the logo is an EYE SHAPE.

I have checked it many times at in different weather at different heights and no UFO's so far.

Pretty confident i didn't miss anything above it.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

I have checked it many times at in different weather at different heights and no UFO's so far.

Hrmm... Odd. I'd be surprised if it wasn't related somehow.

ImmortaLDucK
  • ImmortaLDucK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hmm suppose could be sunrise as well. Just that the blue line underneath would seem to imply it's over water - and you can't see the sun rising from that camp, but have an amazingly clear view of the sun setting in the horizon over the sea and which illuminates the whole camp...convinced you need to do something up there at sunset.

Re them hating the sun - I don't remember seeing/hearing this anywhere in the game, but could be wrong. Was just going off the fact that most pagan/weird religions are obsessed with the sun and do things at sunrise/set (plus the references in the camp).

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Do you mean the restaraunt in the middle of the oval roadway where the jumps are?
I'll go now.

Make sure you go ALL THE WAY to the height limit.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

To X, I personally think they are different or at least could serve different purposes.

I'm totally in agreement that they could possibly mean 2 different things, being drawn different but the same.

The Sand Glyph most likely(99%) represent the Hippy Camp.

So we should try to find a link between the Hippy Camp and somewhere else that the "beam/Mountain" part could represent, as the Sand glyph would seem to be a clue to what the glyph on Chiliad means then.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 October 2013 - 02:27 AM.

I thought for sure there would be a UFO above it but, nothing.

feel free to check though, not trying to deter anyone from going over it again, i could have missed something.

EDIT: One odd thing i did find while up there, almost forgot about it, was while descending form the max height limit, still pretty far up i kep running across a 747 that was just doing circles. Probably just to make some sky traffic.

ALSO, i had a 747 fly over the Altruist Camp and towards the Alamo Sea at a pretty low height when looking above the camp for a UFO. struck me as odd and out of place, was flying low for a 747 and it's the first one i have ever seen over that part of the map.

How does this relate to the original topic? no idea, just rambling.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Been here at the height limit for a while now and nothing out of the ordinary.

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

I thought for sure there would be a UFO above it but, nothing.

feel free to check though, not trying to deter anyone from going over it again, i could have missed something.
Did you go literally to the height limit? Sorry to question it's just that at that altitude it's easy to sway slightly from where u started lol

RussianDaddy08
  • RussianDaddy08

NWA

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

:yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:  :yawn:

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I'm going to 'sweat it' as they say and push for 100% tomorrow. Sat in the first hurricane to hit England in twenty years, so there's Jack sh!t else to do lol

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I may be a bit useless but it was hard for me to find the Hippy Camp UFO at first, even though I knew it was above the camp at max height.

There's still a small possibility there's a UFO out there that hasn't been stumbled upon yet. I think rather than combing the skies at max height the clues should be solved, those being the glyphs on Chiliad, glyphs at the Altruist camp/cave, and the trying to make sense of the hippy camp's glyphs and symbols.

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm going to 'sweat it' as they say and push for 100% tomorrow. Sat in the first hurricane to hit England in twenty years, so there's Jack sh!t else to do lol

I thought it was a bit windy haha!

Awolspitfire
  • Awolspitfire

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I thought it was a bit windy haha!
It is literally technically a hurricane, as it's a revolving storm.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 28 October 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Did you go literally to the height limit? Sorry to question it's just that at that altitude it's easy to sway slightly from where u started lol

Always max out the altimiter and make sure i'm above my target.

Been going block by block for the past couple days checking off the ones i got on my map that came withe the game. going to take awhile but eventually i will have searched the entire sky over the city in a well organized manner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users