• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

just wondering

R* really had to make a really difficult riddle cause they know people now invetigating in big groups over the internet and not alone with a friend like in the 1990s

so there are two ways of making it really difficult to advance

A) through solving a really really hard logical mindbending riddle like folding the mural at a certain way and lay it over something in the right scale and follow the given hints etc...

OR

B) trough making it random and less likely to happen to someone e.g. finding a hatch or a cutter or a Keycard or whatever in a Hatch below a palett that u have to move away with some rare used vehicle like the forklift?

just wondering what do u guys think is more likely?

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

0Xq6KZt.jpg

possibly referring to this

kKmhrNY.jpg

The first referring to the second seems to be better then referring to mount chilliad.

So

Did someone tried thunderstorm@ 3AM @the altruist camp / tower?

Maybe the Ufo on top of mount chilliad is just a distraction from the altruist camp.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by McGyver55, 26 October 2013 - 03:12 PM.

just wondering

R* really had to make a really difficult riddle cause they know people now invetigating in big groups over the internet and not alone with a friend like in the 1990s

so there are two ways of making it really difficult to advance

A) through solving a really really hard logical mindbending riddle like folding the mural at a certain way and lay it over something in the right scale and follow the given hints etc...

OR

B) trough making it random and less likely to happen to someone e.g. finding a hatch or a cutter or a Keycard or whatever in a Hatch below a palett that u have to move away with some rare used vehicle like the forklift?

just wondering what do u guys think is more likely?

Or they made a really crappy riddle with a bazillion vague clues with pop culture and conspiracy theory references, none which matter in finding the actual prize, which will eventually prove to be accessed via a very simple yet extremely obscure process.

OR

It is super friggin easy to find and rockstar realized that within the first few days of release and sent dozens of interns out to all the various forums to go and confuse the general community (I use the term loosely) with lots of assorted crazy ideas or satisfying comfortable ones which people will obliviously follow.

OR 

This is all a dream and we all died in a plane crash and are trying to find a way out of purgatory.

OR

••    --•• --- -    - • ••- - •••• •• -•

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hey
Does this work every time??? I mean every every time cause then Im trying if it changes something if I do that and then go on top of mount chilliad at night while it's thundering BECAUSE OF THE ALTRUISTS SACRIFICES and not because of weather cheat or random thunderstorm.
[/quote]

I am not sure I have only taken over the camp once . Created a save point before it though so i can try this . I was gonna do it but it stopped raining at like 2 lol . Im gonna wait till a lil later in the day to take over the camp then send michael to chiliad .

It might work to pick up a hooker with the 2 passengers so there would be 3 or call a friend

As far as I know you can only take people you meet on random events to the camp .

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

Advisor to Barack O' Llama

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

0Xq6KZt.jpg

possibly referring to this

kKmhrNY.jpg

The first referring to the second seems to be better then referring to mount chilliad.

So

Did someone tried thunderstorm@ 3AM @the altruist camp / tower?

Maybe the Ufo on top of mount chilliad is just a distraction from the altruist camp.

Seeing these two pictures right on top /  underneath each other  has made me aware of a pretty big similarity between the two. The "eye" at the top, the little box underneath the storage part of the water tower is also there on the mountain glyph, the trusses make a similar zig zag pattern as seen on the mountain glyph and the main legs of the tower are very similar to the lines on each side of the zig zags on the glyph. Also didn't somebody say that when standing infront of the "eye" on the tower and facing forwards you were looking right at the tip of Mount Chiliad?

• datsuperlemonhaze likes this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

0Xq6KZt.jpg

0_0.jpg

I arrived to a conclusion.The village is full of eyes right? I think it means that the start point is on that water container.I noticed that with the sniper rifle if you look the sun rising behind the mountain,in the middle of the sun there's a sphere.What if all the glyph are the right indication for watch and shoot all the spheres of the sun and the moon in different climatic condition? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I think that IS what the mountain glyph references.

I went around checking all the towers in the first few day that glyph was reveled but none had a zig-zag brace pattern... all have Xs, so I figured it wasn't a reference to a tower... never thought to look at that water tank tower. 

This is an important clue. Great find.

• datsuperlemonhaze likes this

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by Meukay, 26 October 2013 - 03:43 PM.

If nobody else tried it:

A freind and I will try some stuff you want us to do @ the Water Tower in the few hours.

I got some experience surviving in the Altruist camp for hours.

I got 100% never used cheats.

So keep giving some ideas what to do at the water tower.

Haha:

A friend mentioned:

"1st thing to try @ a new clue - "shoot at it"

"2nd thing to try @ a new clue  -"shoot at it with a bigger weapon"

Surely I will include these things xD

Has anyone ever been there with the space buggy (lights) ?

btw

do somebody know what a watertank under a water tank is for in real life?

just googled water tower and found some water towers that look exactly like the gta water tower with the two water tanks?

most water towers only have one tank?

The are very rare where I live so somebody can tell me something about it.

Wood-water-tower-mendocino-2.JPG

thats a water tower pic from mendocino (north california I think)

FireFighter_Nick1988
  • FireFighter_Nick1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

[quote name="Meukay" post="1063894951" timestamp="1382798342"]

just wondering

This^ brings back great times with my best friend trying to find all the "myths" on Mortal Kombat 2 for Sega lol. If only we had Internet then.

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by Meukay, 26 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.

This^ brings back great times with my best friend trying to find all the "myths" on Mortal Kombat 2 for Sega lol. If only we had Internet then.

Yeah!

good old times...

I remember me and 5-6friends sitting in front of my like 25" Tube TV for a week trying to find out how to beat psycho mantis in MGS1. Some friend then finally got it. "Try to connect the Controller to the second port! - so the Boss can't read your thoughts!"  - he was right...

great intense Video Game moments

let this sink in for a moment...

but back to topic

I googled a bit

just good to know:

https://www.google.d...ficial&tbm=isch

-Mendocino water Towers-

"You'll see these old wooden water towers all over the town of Mendocino. They were built for use of just one house, with windmills pumping the water up into the tank. Many of the old towers are now turned into rooms and one is a bed and breakfast inn."

• LazloZeLlama likes this

Machinebummer
  • Machinebummer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Also this one

http://i.imgur.com/HkmjSHu.jpg

should be rotated left I believe as the 3 lines will then be above the eye like all the others.

Don't forget to notice the part ABOVE the eye in this glyph, everyone overlooks it until pointed out.

It's a faded 1/4 circle, whatever that means.

After having a good look at the glyph up close, I'm not sure that the small line is part of the glyph.

I know it really looks like it and it probably is but when up close  it just doesn't seem to be part of the glyph.

Also I don't think we've found any glyphs with anything above the eye yet have we?

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

just noticed

Eye on Mural got7 lines ( 5 lines above 2 below it)

every glyphe has 3 lines or less (above it)

Eye on the water tower has also 7 lines like the

A3dstIT.jpg

0_0.jpg

Takoshi88
  • Takoshi88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

*sigh* Regarding the Altruist's camp, no it does 'NOT' trigger some magical thunderstorm when Trevor gets captured.
Secondly, no, you can rape and pillage the f*ck outta them as many times as you want and it'll still trigger the mission after delivering 5 sacrifices.

You guys are starting to lose it, i'm sorry, but if you could see yourselves the kinda crap you've started suggesting.
I get the whole 'fun in the mystery hunt' thing, but be honest, are you all still having fun being paranoid of every little symbol or change in weather?

You've let the mystery get to you, i'm ashamed to say, it got to me too, losing sleep because of this sh*t is no good.
Just stop before you start seeing jetpacks in your sleep.
  • Machinebummer likes this

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 26 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Don't ask "How" just ask "Why" about this, just, try to answer and then we will get closer to solve it.

1uSL1oK.jpg

Yeah, that's some paint skillz

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Haven't you learned? Nobody wants to look into any of that, it has already been proven to be unacceptable thinking and possibly considered an act of heresy to even speak of such things. The sacred scrolls of the "Decoding the Mount Chiliad mural" explicitly say that "anyone who suggests any idea that does not involve agreeing with whatever the bulk of this thread is currently aimlessly embracing, shall be cast in to the pit of obscurity where they be ignored for eternity".

Please do not waste your time on such foolish pursuits... concentrate on finding new things to stick the space docker into or ways of interpreting sidewalk cracks and possible morse code mooing from the cows. This mystery can only be solved by repeating accepted lore.

Please, for the sake of your immortal soul, do not EVER mention the two mine doors!

Please! It is most important that we all try to interpret the will of the great scorer by repeating the only the words of his learned scribes and profits, for only they are worthy of deciding what is relevant information and what is heresy!

Let us all bow to the great shadow of Mount Chiliad and ask for them to forgive you.

Your penance:

Repeat the sacred chant 69 times: Muk muk willy willy kee kee oink oink ounka boink ounka boink willy willy poo poo!

Yeah, I'm not sure where some people's heads are at in this thread either.

Another reasonable suggestion that will go ignored... How about somebody try pulling off those mine gates (wherever they are, I'm not sure myself) with a tow truck. We've already "dismantled" a house in story mode that way, so why not a gate?

talkol
  • talkol

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Can anyone explain this?

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Barnumbir, 26 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

I don't really know what to say about the previous message with all the pink lines and sh*t, but I'm thinking we  should find how can we LOGICALLY join the rain glyph and the 3 A.M. glyph to the seeing eye of the top , OR the ufo on the bottom left ( the second option seems less probable to me ), also I can't stop thinking we didn't follow the path R* wanted us to follow.
I don't believe in a script thing that happen after you've done stuff, more about a path in comprehension, a way approaching the enigma we got wrong.

We're really progressing randomly here, by wandering around and finding stuff, no wonder why everyone is getting so f*cking paranoid : ( And i am too, you should see how full of crap is my Snapmatic !!! )

About the line under the mountain, pure decoration, nothing more, so does the thunder I believe. The one that connects jetpack and UFO is definitly interesting though.

( Sorry for the english, foreigner )

• mahoke likes this

WrathChildz
  • WrathChildz

Seeker

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by WrathChildz, 26 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

I don't really know what to say about the previous message with all the pink lines and sh*t, but I'm thinking we  should find how can we LOGICALLY join the rain glyph and the 3 A.M. glyph to the seeing eye of the top , OR the ufo on the bottom left ( the second option seems less probable to me ), also I can't stop thinking we didn't follow the path R* wanted us to follow.
I don't believe in a script thing that happen after you've done stuff, more about a path in comprehension, a way approaching the enigma we got wrong.

We're really progressing randomly here, by wandering around and finding stuff, no wonder why everyone is getting so f*cking paranoid : ( And i am too, you should see how full of crap is my Snapmatic !!! )

About the line under the mountain, pure decoration, nothing more, so does the thunder I believe.

( Sorry for the english, foreigner )

We have to trigger something OR it's for a DLC.

~z~"See, the ships are coming, but these walls will hold us..."

~z~Let's Beam Him Up
~z~The last dinosaur in town is about to get fossilized.
~z~Zondar! (Michael's name in the Epsilon Program) That aircraft has been blessed by Kraff himself!

~z~Okay... so we open on an alien life form - vibe TBD - on board a space shuttle
Txm6_DPAK
~z~Working title...U.F.Ho.

~z~Come in, light aircraft. Identify yourself and state your intent.

~z~Now once you're in there and you've got the score,
~z~Beam up to the mothership!

~z~Your lunar and solar spheres are out of line.

Source

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure where some people's heads are at in this thread either.

Another reasonable suggestion that will go ignored... How about somebody try pulling off those mine gates (wherever they are, I'm not sure myself) with a tow truck. We've already "dismantled" a house in story mode that way, so why not a gate?

Yeah I floated that idea yesterday, I never got round to trying it but I will try it out. Tow truck, possibly cargobob, forklift truck, bulldozer found at construciton site with random event in.

The tunnel boring machine still screams out to me, is there any way of finding it after the mission? Just look at the name, TUNNEL BORING machine... hmm.

Richglx
  • Richglx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ok so I've followed this thread since day one. Ive been 100% before the end of the first week and didnt use one cheat. I've yet to have the correct conditions to see the chiliad ufo.

But if you go into the camp with Trevor in his underwear they don't shoot at you and your free to roam the area. That being said there is tons of paintings of the ufo/eye. (Personal I believe the murals are eyes and not ufo's) there is writing saying
praise him, embrace the light, he has risen, we are his children, give thanks and sun of god.

I've tried many different things including many of the far fetched idea's from this thread.

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by neilage, 26 October 2013 - 04:43 PM.

*Ignore post, formatting error. 

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ok so I've followed this thread since day one. Ive been 100% before the end of the first week and didnt use one cheat. I've yet to have the correct conditions to see the chiliad ufo.

But if you go into the camp with Trevor in his underwear they don't shoot at you and your free to roam the area. That being said there is tons of paintings of the ufo/eye. (Personal I believe the murals are eyes and not ufo's) there is writing saying
praise him, embrace the light, he has risen, we are his children, give thanks and sun of god.

I've tried many different things including many of the far fetched idea's from this thread.

They don't shoot at you whatever clothes you are or are not wearing with Trevor.
All the glyphs etc have been found in the camp, well all the visible ones anyway.
All the writing has been discovered at the camp.

I'm also 100% and have many opportunities to see the Chiliad UFO without cheats, it's strange that it hasn't been raining for you at 3am even once? Especially for how long you've had 100%.

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Seems different for me. If I go to the altruists camp in my skivvies I can wander about with no problems, talk to the people there (well, as much as Trevor converses that is) Yet if I go there dressed I can only be there for a couple minutes before somebody starts shooting. Same with the water tower. Go up it clothed and I get shot by the guy at the top, go there in underpants and walk right by.

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yeah I floated that idea yesterday, I never got round to trying it but I will try it out. Tow truck, possibly cargobob, forklift truck, bulldozer found at construciton site with random event in.

The tunnel boring machine still screams out to me, is there any way of finding it after the mission? Just look at the name, TUNNEL BORING machine... hmm.

I will try the cargobob as Im always fly around with it

I tried to get the Tunnel Machine a few days with and without the mission - no luck

Meukay
  • Meukay

thebestmembertitle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Seems different for me. If I go to the altruists camp in my skivvies I can wander about with no problems, talk to the people there (well, as much as Trevor converses that is) Yet if I go there dressed I can only be there for a couple minutes before somebody starts shooting. Same with the water tower. Go up it clothed and I get shot by the guy at the top, go there in underpants and walk right by.

I posted this awhile ago that you MAYBE can dress like the ppl @ specific places and get treated differently

e.g. I wanted to try Fort Zancudo but didn't cause someone said there is no full Army Uniform

with the army stuff i found it didn't worked for me.

But I tried Hippie camp as they are all (well at least 90% of them) dressed in flip flops and in shorts have long hair and brownish clothes. Someone got a dragon tattoo so I got that too but nothing really changed.

It's interesting if this really works for trevor in underpants at the Altruist camp.

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

They don't shoot at you whatever clothes you are or are not wearing with Trevor.
All the glyphs etc have been found in the camp, well all the visible ones anyway.
All the writing has been discovered at the camp.

I'm also 100% and have many opportunities to see the Chiliad UFO without cheats, it's strange that it hasn't been raining for you at 3am even once? Especially for how long you've had 100%.

Really? Whats the writing say behind this bush? On the shaded section? I posted it a while back and don't remember anyone saying what it said.

http://socialclub.ro...XXUes6mORdQGRpA

http://socialclub.ro...vl0ehQAFNd-ANWA

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

As for the Altruists camp, do I really have to quote my previous post? I don't want to look like one imposing his idea, but really: I wasn't kidding when I said that I researched that place like hell and I pretty much doubt anyone spent as much time as I did over there. Just because I wasn't posting here each 5 minutes about how this or that texture looked meaningful it doesn't mean that I wasn't trying to produce something of substance. Heck, I even thought as some of you and shot the friggin' sun and moon. Nothing happens. There is nothing there and I'm starting to believe that if there's something in this game, it must be really simple because all the hard stuff was already done and nothing was found (I know I f'n tried and looked everywhere!).

And that's exactly the problem with 90% of you and this thread: instead of DOING IT YOURSELVES and actually exploring the game, trying to find something actually meaningful you're just "oh, did anyone try to jump upside down three times in a row with the three characters to see if an alien goat comes down from the sky and beams you up?". Or posting about friggin' textures saying they are SYMBOLS, for God's sake!!! No reading of past posts to see what was already tried, no logical involved, no thoughts given. It's just: 'oh, this texture looks like an X. IT MUST BE RELATED.' 

Seriously, I give up. And I feel sorry for AnEvilVet and other serious players. This thread is lost. 

• AnEvilVet and Machinebummer like this

neilage
  • neilage

The Dude

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I said it'd been discovered, I didn't say deciphered.

jacka
  • jacka

Lovable c*nt

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by TheJackalSega, 26 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Anyone notice how strange it is that there is a big puddle just at the base of the mural, up on the top of Chillad? I'm betting it's to signify that the mural is dipicting the south side of Chillad (which makes sense, seing as the crashed UFO is in the place it should be if you we go with that assumption).

0_0.jpg

And besides that, why is there a puddle up here? It hardly rains. Now tinfoil hat time - I think the blast door to the left of the mural is a an elevator shaft leading up from an underground FIB base. What makes me think this? There's a straight line that leads from the bottom all the way to the top in the mural (which could suggest an elevator shaft) and there's that puddle; if the base is accessed from the sea floor, anyone using the lift would be wet after using it and exiting at the top, hence puddle.

0_0.jpg

And the UFO on Mt Chillad is an FIB one, caught the insigna of it as I was using my sniper rifle to zoom in on it to get a better look. So if there is an base there, the enterance could be located in the sea.

LazloZeLlama
  • LazloZeLlama

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Anyone notice how strange it is that there is a big puddle just at the base of the mural, up on the top of Chillad? I'm betting it's to signify that the mural is dipicting the south side of Chillad (which makes sense, seing as the crashed UFO is in the place it should be if you we go with that assumption).

There's one on the roof too.

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

The Altruists treat Trevor fine regardless of the clothes he wears as he is over 40. Michael and Franklin aren't.
That's the only reason.

If you have an idea, try it. If you didn't succeed then tell us afterwards so we don't waste our time.

And remember that the simplest solution is often THE solution. There doesn't have to be a mystery or conspiracy behind everything in the game. The majority of things are there to add to the themes underlying the story or just because it looks good.

Please read the posts made by people in the first 30 pages of this thread and you'll see that nearly everything in the last 30 pages of this thread has been tried.

If in doubt, check my recent posts for a summary of all of the main topics.
  • Machinebummer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users