Photo

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19,747 replies to this topic
TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by TerrorFields, 08 November 2013 - 02:31 AM.

IMPORTANT: Posts should focus on Mount Chiliad, the mural, or the area around it. Do not clutter the thread with irrelevant ideas. Thank you  

List of tried ideas
http://gtaforums.com...ta-5-mysteries/

Additional info

http://gtavmystery.blogspot.co.nz/

When you overlay the mural over the side of Mount Chiliad the red Xs correlate to the glyphs.

I noticed it after looking at this overlay I found on these forums.

k5gl.jpg

4= Michael's face

3= UFO over rain cloud

2= UFO over Mount Chiliad (not exactly sure what this is)

??= UFO over 3 slash marks over a crescent moon

Box UFO= UFO glyph 

298278008.jpg

I haven't been able to find the other glyphs on the mountain yet, if the pattern holds true we should be able to find two more glyphs, the cracked egg and the red X above it. The jet pack may be found (could just be another glyph) after overlaying the Mount Chiliad mural on the mountain.

Has anyone found more glyphs other then the ones I found on Mount Chiliad? 

Progress

Found these on reddit, only one more glyph to find

0ohz06P.png

xelY2eq.jpg

Final glyph found?

4kJ8GJU.jpg

UFO glyph location map

http://imgur.com/a/NxIWd

Current lead:

Based the the UFO glyph locations I believe the search needs to be focused on the west side of Mount Chiliad.

I think the underwater UFO confirms the idea since it matches the box UFO symbol. 

The boxed items in the mural may be underwater objects.

• lucifieraies, molicious29, Machinebummer and 4 others like this

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

i found this on another thread not sure if youve seen it?

http://postimg.org/image/ed4456ng1/

• xXXDaTruphXXx and Modified Soul like this

SputnickUSA
  • SputnickUSA

Old School Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just a thought here......if you look just left of the Mural inside the building there is a big metal looking door. Has anyone gone inside the building during the time the UFO is visable to see if by chance that door opens up? I would do it myself but I am not at 100% yet. But maybe when the UFO shows up the door in the building opens and leads to the underground caverns.....Just a thought!

Gtaandspursmadscott
  • Gtaandspursmadscott

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Has anyone looked into if the 6stars and pyramid in franklins house have anything to do with this mystery? I am another at 100% yet so can really do anything about this but as far as I am aware you can only get to a 5 star wanted level? Am I right? So maybe this is just a poster but i for I would ask.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by tipplur, 26 September 2013 - 02:49 PM.

great, i actually found this thread while about to make one with the exact same topic, one that we ONLY discuss the mural and glyphs, no other theories. 

reposting this from other thread

Here is the correct overlay for the sketch atop chiliad.

Please use this key to follow along 
0_0.jpg
Okay, you have all made it this far. congrats:)
The upper to squares with x's in them represent these two areas on the mountain (from left to right)
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg
Nice. hope you all enjoyed that part as much as i did.
The X farthest to the right represents this spot here 
0_0.jpg
The bottom left symbol (/) which is half an x has half a drawing as seen here
0_0.jpg
Hope you can all still follow along!
The final marking on the map does not have its own drawing, however, it has tons of blue splatters all over the place... and they are only there at night!!!

0_0.jpg

HuE5pSD.jpg

Jetpack Hunt V.2

for some reason previous op requested his thread locked so i thought i'd start it up again and just carry on over everything we already know  :)

This thread is for people interested in hunting down the Jet Pack.

Things we know:

• In the Cable Car building on Mt. Chilliad there is a Mural depicting several locations, including a UFO, Egg and Jetpack
  • Only one of the many Glyphs around the mountain and map describe instructions on getting the UFO to spawn above Mt. Chilliad
  • The Mural overlays with Mt. Chilliad
  • It is impossible to reach the Hatches on both West and East sides, you die from pressure 5 seconds after reaching them
  • Standing near the -1 Elevator at Zancudo at 1am shows weird lights.
  • 4 UFO's Have Been Found
  • UFO 1 Located at Mount Chiliad (Requires 100% Game Completion)
  • UFO 2 Located at Fort Zancudo (Must use helicopter and fly to highest altitude)
  • UFO 3 Located at the Hippy Camp in Sandy Shores (Must use helicopter and fly to highest altitude)
  • UFO 4 Located north of the map in the ocean (use a submarine to locate, - exact location in UFO Map below)

Things we aren't 100% on:

• Egg symbol on Mural, could refer to an easter egg or an actual egg in-game. PROBABLY JUST REFERRING TO THE HATCH AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO UFO OR JETPACK ON MURAL OR GAME
  • Radio Tower in Sandy Shores apparently sends out a Morse Code at a certain time before going back to radio (Time isn't known yet)
  • Observatory has a statue that may be connected (Shadow shows an eye at a certain time)
  • Satellite field, one of them faces Mt. Josiah
  • The UFO may actually be further away then we thought and a lot bigger in size
  • Tunnels or a cave system that runs under the map or more specifically under Mt. Chilliad
  • The space buggy has a connection to the Mural/UFO
  • The Jetpack exists and is located in a Bunker
  • Penris building
  • SETI location

Things we have Dismissed:

• When you go far out of the map you will sink/crash no matter what, this is Rockstars way of stopping you going too far.
  • The tunnel located in the image linked below is a dead end, the doors do not open and the keypads are not special in any way
  • The chicken factories have been searched top to bottom and no eggs cracked or otherwise were found
  • The underwater entrance at the Epsilon base is sealed back up see image below
  • Space Docker is not needed for anything
  •  

Complete Easter Egg Map 

zz19.jpg

UFO Videos for those who have not seen -

UFO 1 Located at the peak of mount chiliad (requires 100% Game Completion)

Click for UFO 1 Video

UFO 2 Located at the highest altitude over Fort Zancudo 

click for UFO 2 Video

UFO 3 Located at the highest altitude over Hippy Camp at Sandy Shores

click for UFO 3 Video

Images

Cave Location submitted by Augustyn1331

Agent Location submitted by l3oulton

Statue at Franklins Aunts

Drawing by Franklin

Franklins Aunts Mantlepiece

• D0g3Rocks likes this

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by tipplur, 26 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

can we start a list of what is at these sites and what is common, what we may find? there might not be anything at the sites where there are intersections or "exits" but there has to be a way to link them. once we solve that it will make the rest easier

8cIIwXQ.gif

• jay4321 and MoJo_cy like this

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by tipplur, 26 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

on the right (Jetpack) side we have 

X - UFO shining a light down

X - UFO at night

/ - UFO ?

/ - Alien Blood

this all CLEARLY points to the elevator in the fort, i can't stay alive long enough to search and i think that is the case with most. we need to free whatever the UFO above is looking for, sounds like something is calling to it. this is it, and the final piece missing is the half part that is scrubbed off the third X.

the 4th X? maybe blood for blood?

8cIIwXQ.gif

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Has anyone tried to bring two or all three protagonists to the UFO sites? Maybe one gets abducted or says something about the UFO?

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I believe the stick figure isn't wearing a jetpack I think it's scuba gear and each picture pertains to the collectibles. The UFO is for the spaceship parts, the cracked egg is for the confession letters to crack the case and the stick figure with scuba gear is for the submarine parts, hinting at the fact you need to collect them for 100% and then when you overlay it with the game map it shows all the UFO sightings. I really do hope there is more to it but that could be it
  • juls363 and KoyoteHuggs like this

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

And I believe those glyph "eyes" are the symbols for the UFOs, hence the glyph with the rain cloud to say go here during a storm to see the ufo
  • DEED likes this

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

http://n4g.com/news/...-blow-your-mind

This is another overlay of the mt chiliad map only over the game map itself which shows the locations of each UFO sighting

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by TerrorFields, 26 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

can we start a list of what is at these sites and what is common, what we may find? there might not be anything at the sites where there are intersections or "exits" but there has to be a way to link them. once we solve that it will make the rest easier

8cIIwXQ.gif

This is great. I'll search around those areas on the map.

(There's a glyph that is just the UFO symbol can someone mark it on this map?)

Also, this thread is just focusing on the lift station mural. We are not going off on tangents like the other threads have done. If you have an idea and it doesn't involve the lift station mural I'll ask you to make your own thread, thanks.

If you want to help, you  can by searching the areas on this map that we haven't found glyphs at.

Thank you for your work so far

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

OP check out that link with the other overlay lmk what you think

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I hope you weren't referring to my posts as not being relevant to the topic, cause all of my posts are in regards to the chiliad painting

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't think that overlay is right. The mural is clearly the shape of Mount Chiliad. I have found all the left side glyphs that correspond to the left side of the Mount Chiliad mural. So we need to just focus on Mount Chiliad.

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah but that doesn't mean both overlays can't be correct. The other overlay actually shows all the UFO locations as well as the one in the ocean. So it's just other info to consider

Revolix
  • Revolix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Obviously the mural is the shape of a mountain but an overlay doesn't have to match the shape of the picture beneath it. It's the markers on said overlay and the points they correspond to. Which it does

Gtaandspursmadscott
  • Gtaandspursmadscott

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Ok mate sorry about adding a out the stars but I maybe for the pyramid was hint at the shape of the mountain. Is there any roads on the mad that match up with the shap of the mountain? Or has this already been done?

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

has anyone been able to go to the third glyph and take a look for clues?

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

294nrsi.jpg

I marked the locations of glyphs we know so far as purple Xs. 

1= box UFO

2= Michael's face

3= UFO over rain cloud

4= UFO over Mount Chiliad

5= UFO over 3 slash marks and a crescent moon

• tipplur likes this

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Found on reddit

0ohz06P.png

Maybe Michael's face is not one of the glyphs

Also found a better map of the glyphs

xelY2eq.jpg

veritassdg
  • veritassdg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

in video number 1 i seen a car at 4:04 what car is that and where the hell can i get it :)

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

lol, i made that original white image, not reddit, someone added the text to show the symbols meant rain, and completely got the other wrong, it's not top of mountain it's a beam of light

KillaVolt
  • KillaVolt

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

in video number 1 i seen a car at 4:04 what car is that and where the hell can i get it :)

Space Buggy, that's what you get for finding all the spaceship parts and bringing them back to omega.

baldymankg
  • baldymankg

GT - Snobby Nobby

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

"Satellite field, one of them faces Mt. Josiah"

I will confirm that it is pointing towards Mt. Josiah but more importantly I believe it is point towards the UFO hovering above Fort Zancudo

thornberry1138
  • thornberry1138

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

This may be a really dumb question so my apologies.. But has anyone tried standing under the UFO on mt chiliad? I haven't seen any attempts in any of the videos. Does it disappear?
  • TMD-funk likes this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

It's not michael's face. It's one of the artists, I have seen that exact picture in real life before. It's an artist's face.

SputnickUSA
  • SputnickUSA

Old School Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Again I would like to know if the big metal door inside the building on Mt. Chiliad opens when the UFO appears. This could possibly be the enterance to the tunnels under the mountian but so far no one has done anything but look at the UFO. Because the Mural is next to the door maybe it is a map for the people using the elevator to find the different rooms in the mountian. Just a thought but will someone please check it out.....I am not at 100% and still have a ways to go but I think this might be a option here that is being overlooked.

USAlien234
  • USAlien234

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

ok so just my two cents here but....

Some kid on this forum said he heard a hatch or door opining around dusk time.

Now I know the illuminaty symbol is an open eye or an all seeing eye.

The top of the gryph has a half open eye, with what looks like 5 beams coming of of it,

I was thinking this ment to symbolize a sunrise of sunset. and seeing as the other UFO's are seen at night or during storms maybe one has to be seen at dusk or dawn.

ALSO the canibals have writing all around there village, saying "embrace the light" and pictures just like the eye found near the glyph and the observitory.painted next to this phrase.

I dont have 100% yet so I cant look, but its just an Idea.

also note he heard the sound near the cannibal village, and saw random cops sitting on top of a hill. this was confirmed by several people to happen at around dusk.

http://gtaforums.com...dle-of-nowhere/

Not sure if this helps but I hope it does !

-Peace

KennyDude
  • KennyDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

ok so just my two cents here but....

Some kid on this forum said he heard a hatch or door opining around dusk time.

Now I know the illuminaty symbol is an open eye or an all seeing eye.

The top of the gryph has a half open eye, with what looks like 5 beams coming of of it,

I was thinking this ment to symbolize a sunrise of sunset. and seeing as the other UFO's are seen at night or during storms maybe one has to be seen at dusk or dawn.

ALSO the canibals have writing all around there village, saying "embrace the light" and pictures just like the eye found near the glyph and the observitory.painted next to this phrase.

I dont have 100% yet so I cant look, but its just an Idea.

also note he heard the sound near the cannibal village, and saw random cops sitting on top of a hill. this was confirmed by several people to happen at around dusk.

http://gtaforums.com...dle-of-nowhere/

Not sure if this helps but I hope it does !

-Peace

It was me that posted it; I'm not sure if it can happen any day at dusk or on Friday only. I haven't been able to replicate it yet ( Haven't been able to play the game, will try to be in the same spot on Friday again). I'm also not at 100% so, besides what I seen I cannot be much help. 

I had the same Idea as the OP, except I had the bottom 3 squares spread out much farther. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users