Photo

Buying Property?

7 replies to this topic
magicman93
  • magicman93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

If your online and eventually buy a property or a business per say, how would that work out if another person bought the same property?

UsrCletus
  • UsrCletus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by UsrCletus, 26 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I think it will work like this: 

In GTA 5 you will not buy a House as a property, but only an Apartment. So if two players bought an "Apartment" in the same building, it would work like this. 

Player A goes into the apartment elevator, then is "transported" to their Apartment. 

Player B goes into the same apartment elevator, but is transported to their own version of the same Apartment. 

Using this method, every single player in the online community could purchase an apartment in the same building, and still be able to access it. You could then use an "invite" system to invite players to your own Apartment.

From a programming perspective some sort of instancing is required to really make this work properly, so this would be my first guess as to how to get this done. If I was programming this game, that's how I would make it work. 

Another example of this that would be really cool (Think of the garage on Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift): 

Player goes to garage, and the garage "pulls" his car out of inventory. In this method, players could also use a public "Garage" system. 

Both of these methods would allow players to have their own properties/cars, which would be consistent across ALL servers. 

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by SilencedScream, 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Cletus is mostly right.

There will be multiple homes you can purchase (however, you can only own one at a time). When you go inside, it's your own instance - no one else will be there, and no one else can come in unless you invite them.

EDIT:

"A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

And you can only own a single property. When you trade houses you get a rebate on the place you've moved from, so you can re-use your in-game credit to some extent."

Source: http://www.eurogamer...prices-revealed

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I covered this a couple days ago. Long story short, SilencedScream is pretty right. Properties are instanced, just like entering your garage in story mode.

No one else can enter it, and other people can buy the same property. Once inside, you can invite people in.

UsrCletus
  • UsrCletus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

I think it would be cooler if it were properties more of a "Giant Condo-Style Building" that looks like it could harbor a lot of rooms. This way it would seem more realistic that you would enter to your own room, and other players would be coming in and out of the building as well. 

Either way I won't complain, it has to be instanced somehow. I can just think of a lot of ways to create instances that wouldn't appear "instanced". If that makes sense.

I think this theory could easily be applied to a "strip-mall" business type building as well. 

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Some are dude.

Like Tinsel Towers. I made a post last night on the main GTA 5 showing the location of the Tinsel Towers condos. Go check it out if you can find it.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hasn't it been confirmed that businesses aren't online and that you can only own the safehouses/apartments?

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hasn't it been confirmed that businesses aren't online and that you can only own the safehouses/apartments?

No  busniesses, what? now I lost intrest,  that is my favriote thing,  in game , well one of them, now im disappointed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users