Photo

Playing With No Headset

43 replies to this topic
GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think getting a mic is a good idea, you won't regret it.

I played GTAIV a lot and I'd have fun helping people out.  In the beginning I'd give people high speed motorcycle runs to whatever vehicle they were looking for.

If you had a mic it was easy for me to just use mine and ask if anyone needed any help.  If you didn't I might occasionally message someone but that took a a hell of a lot of time.  Not that you'd necessarily need anyone's help but it adds that extra dimension to me

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

Seriously you're fighting everyone. It would better if you had a headset. It's ten bucks and no you don't absolute have to have one. If you can't afford it then why ask about it? You sound like you're trying to prove that you don't need one and maybe you're insecure and projectin out into everyone. Reflect.

I just said I was getting one before you posted.  No need for continued hostilities.

Goodell
  • Goodell

Los Santos Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

I would recommend getting a headset..

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

I got my 360 in 2008.  Had a satellite based internet connection until a few months ago, which means that for all of those years, I was never able to play games online.  Because of that, I gave away the headset that came with my 360.  I'm thinking about picking up a gold account on the 1st in order to play GTA Online, but since I'm getting the Xbox One in November, I really don't want to buy a headset.  I hear that GTA Online is very communication heavy, and I imagine things like the heists would require it, but is there room for a silent partner?  Or will people without mics just get booted from servers?

A part of me thinks I might as well not even bother trying to play online.

You have to connect your mic in order to download the GTA Online patch.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Personally I feel a headset is required for the fullest experience, at least in something like a heist. If I'm just hunting you then it doesn't matter too much but I still prefer it.

Michaeveli
  • Michaeveli

Rebel to the fullest.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

I told some of my crew members they need a mic, or else its going to be like talking to mute people. which isn't good if we're trying to have great communication to get whatever done quickly. They will learn the hard way.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

just do solo missions until you get them

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I got my 360 in 2008.  Had a satellite based internet connection until a few months ago, which means that for all of those years, I was never able to play games online.  Because of that, I gave away the headset that came with my 360.  I'm thinking about picking up a gold account on the 1st in order to play GTA Online, but since I'm getting the Xbox One in November, I really don't want to buy a headset.  I hear that GTA Online is very communication heavy, and I imagine things like the heists would require it, but is there room for a silent partner?  Or will people without mics just get booted from servers?

A part of me thinks I might as well not even bother trying to play online.

You have to connect your mic in order to download the GTA Online patch.

Lol so dumb

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

OP: Should I get a mic to play GTA Online?

Response: Yeah, they're only like 10 bucks

OP: You don't know me, I can't afford $10, christmas is coming up and I'm going to buy a $500 console and $250 worth of stuff for it

GTA Online will be better with a mic but if you're having trouble justifying a $10 purchase maybe you should reconsider a $750 one. Or get a PS4 and save some money

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Someone's mic quality is a huge factor to me about whether or not i enjoy playing with them. Someone may be a cool fun person, but if it means spending hours listening to horrible static crackles and pops I won't really wanna game with them for any extended time.

I'd rather someone had no mic than a crappy one, but if someone had no mic i'd rarely talk to them, they may as well not be there really lol

A decent gaming headset is th ebest investment any gamer can make after their TV imo, games become fotm and fade quickly, but a decent mic/headset will serve well for any game

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Am i able to use a microphone used for singing to connect to the xbox? This is my first time playing with a headset so im unsure.

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Or get a PS4 and save some money

You'd like that, wouldn't you?  But I'm happy with my investment.  And it's not $10 for the headset.  It'll be closer to $30.  I don't have a lot of money.  The last time I went to the movie theater was when Pixar's Up premiered.  And that's not by choice.  I had to start saving up for my Xbox One back in April.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:04 AM Edited by Matt21, 01 October 2013 - 07:08 AM.

Too bad ps3 VoIP sucks dick, hope they have keyboard chat.

Yep the ps3 voice chat sucks ! I love the ps3 but the 360 wins in the social interaction department by far.

By the way you only really need a mic if you plan on playing competitively and doing missions/activities that require teamwork in order to get them done more efficiently.

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

They didn't have the particular brand I had in mind, so I got stuck with a Red Samurai and it's slightly-less-than-five rating on gamestop.  Many people say it sucks, but some people say it's alright.  It should be an improvement over the standard 360 unit at least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users