Photo

Grove Street (CJ's old 'hood)

52 replies to this topic
rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Yeah something the orignal guy i was arguing with couldn't do for some reason, if he is going to bring it up he should be able to show the proof himself in my opinion. And just because its a different "universe" that the characters live it that does not mean anything for the map, and im serious, not being stupid. Different universe's still have the same land, same Earth, same area's as the others. As they are Parellel to eachother. Plus they make reference's to past characters from those other universe's still as well, hinting to the fact that they exist. But i do thank you for actually pulling out legit info.

Well excuse me, let me just go and put my Gameinformer issue under the "make digital" device so that you can see the place where they say it is a separate universe.  Because you know, I just have the ability to make that happen.  

<rollseyes>

I told you where you need to go to find this out.  I do not have to prove myself because I owe you nothing.  I was stating the source like you asked, it is up to you to do your OWN research.  I am not your teacher and I sure as hell am not your parents.  

I don't understand why these people can't do a simple Google search. I thought this was pretty well known, I mean the map is way different than SA.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

And this house to do what with the map?

We already know all this about the characters, but we are talking about the map right now.

The fact that they are different universes has everything to do with the map in regard to characters, their living arrangements, and the culture within. Everything. It's a more accurate depiction of LA whereas San Andreas was not. This is where the differences come in. But I was giving the example for the person who requested "proof" of where Rockstar stated it. A simple Google search.

Yeah something the orignal guy i was arguing with couldn't do for some reason, if he is going to bring it up he should be able to show the proof himself in my opinion. And just because its a different "universe" that the characters live it that does not mean anything for the map, and im serious, not being stupid. Different universe's still have the same land, same Earth, same area's as the others. As they are Parellel to eachother. Plus they make reference's to past characters from those other universe's still as well, hinting to the fact that they exist. But i do thank you for actually pulling out legit info.

You're pretty slow, aren't ya?

Why don't you take a read of this and come back? http://en.wikipedia....verse_(fiction)

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by rosy522, 26 September 2013 - 06:53 AM.

El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

We already know all this about the characters, but we are talking about the map right now.

The fact that they are different universes has everything to do with the map in regard to characters, their living arrangements, and the culture within. Everything. It's a more accurate depiction of LA whereas San Andreas was not. This is where the differences come in. But I was giving the example for the person who requested "proof" of where Rockstar stated it. A simple Google search.

Why don't you take a read of this and come back? http://en.wikipedia....verse_(fiction)

ooo hit me with an article from Wikipedia, what an astute academic we've got on our hands.. Parallel universes can mean one out of all the saps in the universe one goes this way and in another universe it goes the other way. It can be more drastic like, the earth was never created, or our laws of physics never existed. There is an infinite number of possibilities.

Edit: maybe you don't understand what "parallel" "universe" and/or "homage" means..

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

ooo hit me with an article from Wikipedia, what an astute academic we've got on our hands.. Parallel universes can mean one out of all the saps in the universe one goes this way and in another universe it goes the other way. It can be more drastic like, the earth was never created, or our laws of physics never existed. There is an infinite number of possibilities.

Yes, and many different opinions of that, and my own opinion is that a Parallel universe is the same Earth, with different people. And if you were commenting about me bringing up the other guy, i asked him nicely which issue it was so i could look at it myself, but he never told me. All the arguments here are opinions and i do respect yours and anyone elses. He was just bringing up somthing that he read and would not let me know what issue it was and got immature and disrespectful. Thats all

god84
  • god84

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

what does the term Cannon mean?

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

what does the term Cannon mean?

It means that the story's, world, characters, etc all connect to eachother. Like in The Elder Scrolls for example, every game is in the same world just different time periods

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by rosy522, 26 September 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Yes, and many different opinions of that, and my own opinion is that a Parallel universe is the same Earth, with different people. And if you were commenting about me bringing up the other guy, i asked him nicely which issue it was so i could look at it myself, but he never told me. All the arguments here are opinions and i do respect yours and anyone elses. He was just bringing up somthing that he read and would not let me know what issue it was and got immature and disrespectful. Thats all

The thing is, it's not an opinion. I'm assuming you're not a physicist, considering your lack of intellect, there are theories about this very subject. Very simple find, just like the easily found information you were seeking about GTA. 

Edit: btw, when did everything become open to interpretation? Now every show, movie, book, game, etc. isn't seen through the creators' eyes, but through the viewers. I understand that there is a place for that but the city layout of GTA is not one of them.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:12 AM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 26 September 2013 - 07:15 AM.

The thing is, it's not an opinion. I'm assuming you're not a physicist, considering your lack of intellect, there are theories about this very subject. Very simple find, just like the easily found information you were seeking about GTA. 

Edit: btw, when did everything become open to interpretation? Now every show, movie, book, game, etc. isn't seen through the creators' eyes, but through the viewers. I understand that there is a place for that but the city layout of GTA is not one of them.

Whatever you say, nice way to bring immaturity into this though. Can't even have a decent thread and try to get every option out without people coming in and throwing it all under the bus. I still have yet to read that GameInformer article the other guy mentioned and would actually like to right now lol. That is not a easy thing to google btw, there are way too many of them. I would just like to debate and figure it out without throwing insults out like everyone else seems to enjoy doing. So can you please contribute something to this other then random banter?

EDIT: Plus i never said i was a Physicist or a very smart person, i was just bringing what i know from class into this that made sense.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...iverse 3d vs hd very easy thing to Google btw. Really there's not much to contribute considering that this is common knowledge. If it were a location of something or a new cheat, that would be a contribution. Maybe you don't use the internet very often but things aren't going to be too decent when you spew garbage out your mouth and can't back it up, then are to inept to find the easily obtainable info on your own.

Whatever you say, nice way to bring immaturity into this though. Can't even have a decent thread and try to get every option out without people coming in and throwing it all under the bus. I still have yet to read that GameInformer article the other guy mentioned and would actually like to right now lol. That is not a easy thing to google btw, there are way too many of them. I would just like to debate and figure it out without throwing insults out like everyone else seems to enjoy doing. So can you please contribute something to this other then random banter?

EDIT: Plus i never said i was a Physicist or a very smart person, i was just bringing what i know from class into this that made sense.

Note: Google "opinion vs. theory" if that's too hard, to understand, I'd say give up.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...iverse 3d vs hd very easy thing to Google btw. Really there's not much to contribute considering that this is common knowledge. If it were a location of something or a new cheat, that would be a contribution. Maybe you don't use the internet very often but things aren't going to be too decent when you spew garbage out your mouth and can't back it up, then are to inept to find the easily obtainable info on your own.

Note: Google "opinion vs. theory" if that's too hard, to understand, I'd say give up.

Format is skewed, on the last post. I'll assume you got all that, if not here's the link at least; http://lmgtfy.com/?q...iverse 3d vs hd.

What sh*tty class taught you that?

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 26 September 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Whatever you say, i'm just laughing at this point. Have fun being oh so very "smart"

Format is skewed, on the last post. I'll assume you got all that, if not here's the link at least; http://lmgtfy.com/?q...iverse 3d vs hd.

And yet again all you are doing is being  immature, good day, im done with you friend ^.^

EDIT: Oh and to each there own, i would have prefered reading the article i was told about then something google searched, i have a pile of  GameInformers siting in my closet and i could have easily gotten the issue that he was talking about to view it.

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Whatever you say, i'm just laughing at this point. Have fun being oh so very "smart"

And yet again all you are doing is being  immature, good day, im done with you friend ^.^

EDIT: Oh and to each there own, i would have prefered reading the article i was told about then something google searched, i have a pile of  GameInformers siting in my closet and i could have easily gotten the issue that he was talking about to view it.

"It came from GameInformer when they did their big article on the game last year."

Posted an hour ago on this forum..

Dumb?  

211blue
  • 211blue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

I don't know... didn't Franklin and Lamar talk about Grove Street too? 

if u would actually play the game instead of just looking for a stupid street of a different game u would know thAt there is a mission that franklin Lamar trevor and chop go to grove street for a drug deal and have to fight their was out

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

There is a grove street in the game, it even says grove street as you drive on it. However the road leading up to it, has a different name, but the small stub of Grove street is still there.

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Entertaining bickering going on here lol...I was sad though to see nothing but Ballas in Grove St. 1st thing I did was try and open CJs garage ha.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

The 1st place I went was Grove street especially since I had been re-playing SA for two weeks before V was released.

As for the separate universes discussion I think there was a very relevant sentence overlooked in that Gameinformer article...

"This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it "

I loved it when I found myself in Cholla Springs Av.  :)

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Did you not see my post asking you what issue it was so i could do my own research, thanks for showing your maturity yet again. I am not going to go through every GameInformer again looking for the one article that you want me to look at to prove your point. If you would tell me which issue it was i would have no problem, but as of this moment i feel that you are just BSing. Oh and to counter your little "Make digital" problem. Its called typing, you've been doing it this entire time.

EDIT: Oh and i'm pretty happy that you are not one of my Professors, as you have been pretty immature and idiotic so far. And if you were one of my parents i probably would have been raised worse then i already have. Good day.

Actually, no, I did not see your post because it seems like 10 posts appear during the time I type up a response.  

It is whatever issue had GTAV as the cover of the magazine since that was the issue with it being the premier cover story.  I could have sworn I had already said that.  

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

If the debate (sorry, didn't read every single post) is if there is a Grove Street. There is. I was a little disappointed that they didn't do something of an homage to SA with CJ's old crib, like make it a safe house or something, but meh. Just a wasted opportunity, I guess. There are plenty of recognizable locations from SA. But the developers obviously took whatever liscense they wanted, for whatever reasons they wanted, and did whatever they wanted with the geography; even where it in no way matched up with the original SA. Obviously, since Los Santos was not on an island and, apparently, San Fierro and Los Venturas just sank into the ocean at some point. And why not? It's a video game.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Did you not see my post asking you what issue it was so i could do my own research, thanks for showing your maturity yet again. I am not going to go through every GameInformer again looking for the one article that you want me to look at to prove your point. If you would tell me which issue it was i would have no problem, but as of this moment i feel that you are just BSing. Oh and to counter your little "Make digital" problem. Its called typing, you've been doing it this entire time.

EDIT: Oh and i'm pretty happy that you are not one of my Professors, as you have been pretty immature and idiotic so far. And if you were one of my parents i probably would have been raised worse then i already have. Good day.

Actually, no, I did not see your post because it seems like 10 posts appear during the time I type up a response.  

It is whatever issue had GTAV as the cover of the magazine since that was the issue with it being the premier cover story.  I could have sworn I had already said that.  

Alright, thanks i'll read that as soon as i get home. And you only said it was a big article in it, thats what confused me. I have two or three issues that have big articles about GTA in them, thats why i asked.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Damn. Just reread my post and thought about exploring San Fierro and Los Venturas UNDER WATER as DLC. That would be epic.

NasherUK
  • NasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by NasherUK, 26 September 2013 - 04:57 PM.

I see to remember Grove Street being next to a bridge as well. The street itself is the same but everything around it is completely different :)

Even the entire city is set in a different place, in SA it was surrounded by woodland (instead of desert) and MUCH bigger mountains.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

This might be a start http://beefjack.com/...shots-revealed/

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

rider of bikes

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

This thread kicks ass, I'm proud of myself. I love nerd debates. Seriously though people stop the name calling and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users