Grove Street (CJ's old 'hood)

52 replies to this topic
chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Why the f*ck is the cul-de-sac where CJ used to live called 'Brouge Ave'? I thought the cul-de-sac and the straight leading to it was always Grove St.? When did this change?

ThirdCoastG187
  • ThirdCoastG187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

man f dem ballers man dey live in cj, sweet, AND RYDER houses manwtf dey gotta die for this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Yeah I just went there with the express purpose of annihilating some Ballas (mission accomplished, by the way, a lot of them died) and noticed the name was different. Full of purple cars too, muthaf*ckazzzz

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

GTA San Andreas universe is obviously not canon to GTAV universe. I was disappointed too. Even CJ's house looks completely different.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

I don't know... didn't Franklin and Lamar talk about Grove Street too? 

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

GTA San Andreas universe is obviously not canon to GTAV universe. I was disappointed too. Even CJ's house looks completely different.

No, its most likely canon, just like what 25 years later? Development and everything, the bridge going over the main road is gone too, the city probably just changed around the area and the names. *Just my theory*

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:34 AM Edited by chainsoar, 26 September 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Oh yeah, it's definitely canon, but like The Wooden Mask said, it's been 21 years since CJ put OGF back on top and took out Frank Tenpenny. There's obviously been a lot of redevelopment.

I was just surprised to see Grove St. renamed.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

The PS2 games are NOT canon.  Rockstar stated this back in Dec.  

They may have homages to the previous games, but they are not canon.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 26 September 2013 - 05:55 AM.

I'd like to see where they said that, cause all i remember them saying is that all non-HD characters will not be making any appreances, not that the games were not canon. So can you please link me to where they said that?

Oh and to add on to that, saying that all previous games are not canon is just a blatant lie. They reference some things Niko has done in one of the early missions and you can get Packie McReary as a crew member

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Please site your information..Because from what I can tell...The reason everything looks so different isnt just because of 25 years of development..But because to make the game more realistic they had to do away with the majority of the cartoonish looking map.

I mean. There used to be a Canal directly behind Sweets house..Thats gone. You cant just make a Canal disappear like that. But Im still not buying that Rockstar just flushed GTA:SA down the toilet to explain away the changes in city layout.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 26 September 2013 - 05:58 AM.

It came from GameInformer when they did their big article on the game last year.  

Do you people even read these days?

The PS1 era is one universe.  The PS2 era is another universe.  And then there is the HD universe, which is what we currently have.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

It came from GameInformer when they did their big article on the game last year.  

So in other words...They never said it wasnt canon. Youre just applying your own opinion to the situation.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

The PS1 era is one universe.  The PS2 era is another universe.  And then there is the HD universe, which is what we currently have.

Well, thanks for showing maturity. I'm pretty sure the whole point to a forum is to READ. Derp. And do you rememeber which GameInformer? The main issue with GTA on the cover or another one, because i have them and can check.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:03 AM Edited by chainsoar, 26 September 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Yeah you must be right because the Grove Street, Ballas and Vagos gangs never existed in the HD universe and they don't even mention San Fierro in several places in GTA V and there were no adverts for Las Venturas poker in GTA IVohwaitrighttherewasallthosethings

Just because each era is different doesn't mean they exist in entirely parallel universes where the events of past games never happened at all.

jwm369
  • jwm369

Live~Laugh~Love

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

jwm369
  • jwm369

Live~Laugh~Love

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by jwm369, 26 September 2013 - 06:07 AM.

I do not have time to argue with anyone, but those are the facts: GTA 3 is one universe (Vice City, III, San Andreas, etc.), GTA IV is another (GTA IV, BoGT, TLATD, GTA V). Facts. Deal with them, please.

(Sorry for the double-posting, meant to edit...)

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:07 AM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 26 September 2013 - 06:13 AM.

El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

And this has to do what with the map?

We already know all this about the characters, but we are talking about the map right now.

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

It's still called grove street and It's off Davis avenue, what you mean it's called brogue ave? When you make your way into the cul de sac it says grove street on the bottom! CJ house got knocked down cuz it had too many roaches.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:08 AM Edited by chainsoar, 26 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

For the love of Christ, all this means is that characters cannot carry over. The locations are reused, the 3D/HD Universe explanation is not a catch-all response for "why is this thing different"

jwm369
  • jwm369

Live~Laugh~Love

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

And this house to do what with the map?

We already know all this about the characters, but we are talking about the map right now.

The fact that they are different universes has everything to do with the map in regard to characters, their living arrangements, and the culture within. Everything. It's a more accurate depiction of LA whereas San Andreas was not. This is where the differences come in. But I was giving the example for the person who requested "proof" of where Rockstar stated it. A simple Google search.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

The fact that they are different universes has everything to do with the map in regard to characters, their living arrangements, and the culture within. Everything. It's a more accurate depiction of LA whereas San Andreas was not. This is where the differences come in. But I was giving the example for the person who requested "proof" of where Rockstar stated it. A simple Google search.

Yeah something the orignal guy i was arguing with couldn't do for some reason, if he is going to bring it up he should be able to show the proof himself in my opinion. And just because its a different "universe" that the characters live it that does not mean anything for the map, and im serious, not being stupid. Different universe's still have the same land, same Earth, same area's as the others. As they are Parellel to eachother. Plus they make reference's to past characters from those other universe's still as well, hinting to the fact that they exist. But i do thank you for actually pulling out legit info.

jwm369
  • jwm369

Live~Laugh~Love

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by jwm369, 26 September 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Yeah something the orignal guy i was arguing with couldn't do for some reason, if he is going to bring it up he should be able to show the proof himself in my opinion. And just because its a different "universe" that the characters live it that does not mean anything for the map, and im serious, not being stupid. Different universe's still have the same land, same Earth, same area's as the others. As they are Parellel to eachother. Plus they make reference's to past characters from those other universe's still as well, hinting to the fact that they exist. But i do thank you for actually pulling out legit info.

I want to be clear in my own actual opinion on the matter: I don't personally care one way or the other, I absolutely love whatever Rockstar does (I've been following the franchise since most members here on this forum [not necessarily this topic] were in diapers [I'm assuming, considering their apparent IQ]). The references and whatnot to previous characters is always wonderful and usually humorous; however, it remains to be seen a context in which any 3D universe character was referenced via dialogue within the HD realm of characters. Obviously, there were plenty of Easter eggs that hinted toward it within GTA IV and the DLC add-ons; however, as far as the characters are concerned, the other universe doesn't exist. As far as the map goes, hell if I know. I was just offering up a possibility. 

Have a beautiful day, I'm getting outta here before people get all piss-and-moany. ;) <3

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Face it, the 3D/HD Universe Canon/non-canon rule only applies when it suits Rockstar. I'm not criticising them for that, it's their IP and they can do what they like with it, plus it prevents a whole host of headaches in writing the story for each game.

The fact is, however, that the 3D/HD Universe rule pretty much exists mainly as their stock response to "bring back [x] character pls" because they're tired of explaining why they don't want to bring back a 60+ year old Tommy Vercetti or a 45 year old Carl Johnson.

If they were to adhere rigidly to the rule of each era being in different 'universes' they'd have to set each one in an entirely different location. If it's a different universe, it's got different cities and states in it.

If it were an entirely different universe, there would be no Ballas, Vagos or OGF in GTA V. There would be no Epsilon Program or Cris Formage (who made his first appearance in GTA:SA - 3D era), no Big Ear in the desert, and no Madd Dogg/OG Loc posters in Franklin's house, because those people would never have existed. If Madd Dogg exists in Franklin's universe, so does CJ. Yes, the poster is an easter egg of sorts, but for it to be on his wall, the rapper has to have existed, and since Madd Dogg would be dead if not for CJ, I think we can conclude that the 'universe' excuse is, in fact, just that.

"can u bring back cj plz"

"Sorry, HD universe!"

"can u set it in cj's old neighbourhood pls"

"Sure!"

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 26 September 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Well excuse me, let me just go and put my Gameinformer issue under the "make digital" device so that you can see the place where they say it is a separate universe.  Because you know, I just have the ability to make that happen.  

<rollseyes>

I told you where you need to go to find this out.  I do not have to prove myself because I owe you nothing.  I was stating the source like you asked, it is up to you to do your OWN research.  I am not your teacher and I sure as hell am not your parents.  

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

If it were an entirely different universe, there would be no Ballas, Vagos or OGF in GTA V. There would be no Epsilon Program or Cris Formage (who made his first appearance in GTA:SA - 3D era), no Big Ear in the desert, and no Madd Dogg/OG Loc posters in Franklin's house, because those people would never have existed.

Yep, because there is no Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman on Earth 2.  

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Characters like Lazlow are an exception to the "Universe rule".

But, there will be homages and Easter eggs to Storyline charactershere and there.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:29 AM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 26 September 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Well excuse me, let me just go and put my Gameinformer issue under the "make digital" device so that you can see the place where they say it is a separate universe.  Because you know, I just have the ability to make that happen.  

<rollseyes>

I told you where you need to go to find this out.  I do not have to prove myself because I owe you nothing.  I was stating the source like you asked, it is up to you to do your OWN research.  I am not your teacher and I sure as hell am not your parents.  

Did you not see my post asking you what issue it was so i could do my own research, thanks for showing your maturity yet again. I am not going to go through every GameInformer again looking for the one article that you want me to look at to prove your point. If you would tell me which issue it was i would have no problem, but as of this moment i feel that you are just BSing. Oh and to counter your little "Make digital" problem. Its called typing, you've been doing it this entire time.

EDIT: Oh and i'm pretty happy that you are not one of my Professors, as you have been pretty immature and idiotic so far. And if you were one of my parents i probably would have been raised worse then i already have. Good day.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

If it were an entirely different universe, there would be no Ballas, Vagos or OGF in GTA V. There would be no Epsilon Program or Cris Formage (who made his first appearance in GTA:SA - 3D era), no Big Ear in the desert, and no Madd Dogg/OG Loc posters in Franklin's house, because those people would never have existed.

Yep, because there is no Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman on Earth 2.  

So you're implying that Madd Dogg is a popular work of fiction in Franklin's universe? Now you're just being ridiculous.

I'm prepared to be wrong, but I'm going to be wrong eloquently, not by bringing Wonder Woman into it.

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

R* said a while back that there is two different universes. GTA III, Vice City and san andereas are the 3D universe. 

Where IV and V are the HD universe. 

They might have characters on the radio and Love Fist but this is just paying homage to previous games they are completely different universes . 

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

You're pretty slow, aren't ya?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users