People who complain about this game, I'm complaining about you

42 replies to this topic
kingdutch
  • kingdutch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

1.)

People saying Rockstar "lied" about things that were only ever just rumors. Rumors aren't promises from Rockstar. Rockstar has delivered everything they confirmed. Another thing, "real estate" does not equal safehouses. Real Estate is properties consisting of land and buildings. Get over it.

2.)

People complaining about the driving. You are too picky about something that was GREATLY improved. The driving in IV was terrible. Absolutely terrible. If you can't look back and see that now, you're in denial.

Yes I'm sure we all got used to it after a while. That does not mean it is better just because V's driving is different. The vehicle control in IV was not realistic unless you're driving an El Camino on an icy street.

It was NOT good physics, period. Especially for a game where driving is important and you need to have CONTROL OVER YOUR VEHICLE while other things are happening. I can't even tell you how many times missions would fail in IV just because I tried to turn a corner and my damn car flipped over. IT SUCKED.

3.)

People complaining about losing vehicles when they don't save it in the actual vehicle garage. I'm not talking about the safehouse garages. The garages that Rockstar lets you have for FREE if you sign up for a FREE social club account just because you guys were whining so much.

If you steal a vehicle, save it there. If you mod a vehicle, save it there. After you save it, you can drive it all you want and it will always end up in the impound if you lose it. Learn how the system works before you flood every board with these topics.

I'm tired of seeing the same whining topics from people who refuse to appreciate a game and find any d*** reason to complain. Stop making up reasons to get yourself mad. If you hate it, return it. Get over yourself.

The End.

• dyz and IveGotNoValues like this

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

1) It was in the gameplay trailer. They showed us buying houses on one of the websites. 2

2) I agree with you on this. 

3) Then what will be the point of having garages in the safe houses then? Just make them inaccessible if we're going by your logic. 

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:41 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 05:22 AM.

-retracted-

I just don't think you need to hear it and it's not my best post at all.

• Boxman108 likes this

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by RichyB, 26 September 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Forget about 1 and 3, your point number 2 is completely subjective you are in absolutely no place to tell anyone which game has better driving so shut your f*cking cake hole you c*nt.

Number 1, the gameplay video shows buying a HOUSE.

Number 3, If there wasn't a problem with the garages then Rockstar wouldn't have amitted there is no "fix" to the "glitch".

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by Hitchens, 26 September 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Hate when people get pissed and start bleeding when someone criticizes a game.

It's not perfect, its not the worst.

It was worth the $60.

I hate cash shops.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

There were too many complaints on the too realistic driving and physics of GTA IV, so they changed it for GTA V.

kingdutch
  • kingdutch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

I'm 28. I've driven plenty of cars and I've yet to spin out just by turning a corner or flip a car over by hitting a curb. IV was NOT realistic. If you think it was, you are driving a 1960 chevy in Wisconsin during the winter. I can't even understand how some people don't see this.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

I actually agree with this thread  :^:

• kingdutch likes this

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

There were too many complaints on the too realistic driving and physics of GTA IV, so they changed it for GTA V.

IV's driving was great, actually. I just don't see it fitting in with GTA V, though. If you ever tried off-roading in IV, you'll know how terrible it was. The new engine is perfect for off-roading, in my opinion. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

brian if your car drives like anything in GTA:IV, you should get it checked.

Both games are unrealistic, but V is faster/more tense/exciting, in GTA:IV you just end up using taxi's between missions because each trip becomes a bore and time consuming. It's more of a case of 'taste' than realism.

kingdutch
  • kingdutch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

Forget about 1 and 3, your point number 2 is completely subjective you are in absolutely no place to tell anyone which game has better driving so shut your f*cking cake hole you c*nt.

Number 3, If there wasn't a problem with the garages then Rockstar wouldn't have amitted there is no "fix" to the "glitch".

Someone who talks like this and gets this upset over a video game is exactly who I am talking about.  Also, your maturity sure shows that you must be old enough to legally drive a car.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'm 28. I've driven plenty of cars and I've yet to spin out just by turning a corner or flip a car over by hitting a curb. IV was NOT realistic. If you think it was, you are driving a 1960 chevy in Wisconsin during the winter. I can't even understand how some people don't see this.

It is more realistic in the sense that if you go round a corner at full speed you will come straight off the road in IV like real life as opposed to V in which you can do it and stick to the road like a train on tracks.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

The driving isn't the problem.....but there are one or two big things that aren't as good as they should be, and they slipped up on a bunch of the little things. I feel like I got a half-assed game. They got to a point where they were like "Yeah, we can release this.", and that was it.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

I may like the game more than a lot of people on here do. That said, people have a right to complain, even though you might not agree with them.

Screw them anyways, we still got a game we like, right?

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by lazedout, 26 September 2013 - 04:53 AM.

It was NOT good physics, period. Especially for a game where driving is important and you need to have CONTROL OVER YOUR VEHICLE while other things are happening. I can't even tell you how many times missions would fail in IV just because I tried to turn a corner and my damn car flipped over. I SUCKED.

There I fixed that end part for you.

That sentence = "driving was too difficult, glad they made it easier for me:"

lol

kingdutch
  • kingdutch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

It was NOT good physics, period. Especially for a game where driving is important and you need to have CONTROL OVER YOUR VEHICLE while other things are happening. I can't even tell you how many times missions would fail in IV just because I tried to turn a corner and my damn car flipped over. I SUCKED.

lol

Well you got me good there... Have fun playing IV.  I bet you think Just Cause 2's driving physics are amazing too. Enjoy yourself.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

IV's driving was very good. The only problem it had was that most of the cars acceleration didn't match the type of the vehicle and the cars didn't feel like they have a different weight. These two things are better in V. But the suspension and all the other stuff was way better in IV.

In V you tip the stick and your quad is doing a 360 - it feels like we have no control over the steering wheel this time. It feels like a game from 1992 in an arcade hall. Same problem when walking around. The analog stick is pointless. They can use the d-pad next time… hell how I hate it

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Where is actual vehicle garage? I haven't had any problems saving my cars in the garages I have bought but I'm wondering.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

lol

Well you got me good there... Have fun playing IV.  I bet you think Just Cause 2's driving physics are amazing too. Enjoy yourself.

Yeah I did get you good, and Ive never played Just Cause 2, so there. 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Why do people constantly feel the need to go at each others' throats when it comes to driving and come across as condescending douchebags about it? It's all based on subjectivity.

I loved GTA IV's driving, but I've come to accept GTA V's for what it is. It's quite fun for this big map, but I cringe whenever someone says "you musn't drive in real life" whenever it's for or against either driving style.

I've had my licence for 10 years and have probably driven more types of vehicles than most people on this forum and I wouldn't say either is all that realistic because they're VIDEO GAMES. Not simulators.

I'd probably give GTA IV the slight upperhand because I'm more used to it and I like its heavy feel, but whatever floats your boat. The way people argue about subjective matter makes me lose hope there are those that still have the ability to accept others have different tastes to them.

It's been getting worse and worse with every passing year I've been here. :/

• kingdutch and StupidAssHeadAss like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Someone who talks like this and gets this upset over a video game is exactly who I am talking about.  Also, your maturity sure shows that you must be old enough to legally drive a car.

He did prove a point and did prove you wrong. You have no other reason to talk. Just keep sucking Rockstar's D like a fanboy would. 

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

I said in a another section that this game felt like it had corners cut for multiplayer which is partly true...BUT, it doesn't take away from the fact that this game is amazing. There still is lots of stuff to do, explore, and experience. The lighting is unlike anything I've seen before in a game and the detail is awesome. The characters are some of the best in the series. Also, I think the driving is awesome as well. It makes you feel like YOU'RE in control of the vehicle.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Why do people constantly feel the need to go at each others' throats when it comes to driving and come across as condescending douchebags about it? It's all based on subjectivity.

I loved GTA IV's driving, but I've come to accept GTA V's for what it is. It's quite fun for this big map, but I cringe whenever someone says "you musn't drive in real life" whenever it's for or against either driving style.

I've had my licence for 10 years and have probably driven more types of vehicles than most people on this forum and I wouldn't say either is all that realistic because they're VIDEO GAMES. Not simulators.

I'd probably give GTA IV the slight upperhand because I'm more used to it and I like its heavy feel, but whatever floats your boat. The way people argue about subjective matter makes me lose hope there are those that still have the ability to accept others have different tastes to them.

It's been getting worse and worse with every passing year I've been here. :/

You're right. On ever front man. From an experiential standpoint, as well when it comes to the driving. I came here to retract my post. I don't want that kind sh*t said to me, he doesn't want to hear it either, so I won't say that kind of stuff to him.

It's just that he has posted this and attacked people who are let down by the game being made "fun and responsive" aka "no skill gameplay", and that I am sure is what gets under people's feathers, it's what gets under mine.

It's one thing to make vent threads about disappointments in the game, it's an okay thing, it's totally normal and respectable.

I really can't respect people who make threads for the sole purpose to defend a game they did not create and do not really understand/must not be very good at, while they bash all of the people who have loved watching it grow up over the years and now feel like many apects have had to be toned down or stepped back from to support the massive expanse of the scope of the game compared to the more focused GTA IV.

You know, a lot of things were improved from III, to SA. But a lot of things were dumbed down, too. It would be more fair to use the term "optimized" - if you can get roughly the same thing from 1/10ms as you used to get in 1ms, you do that. As an example I mean. So I understand.

I also understand Rockstar's urge to squeeze the absolute most as they possibly can under the restraints of these consoles, because for the first time, the market (PC and consoles) is basically ready to support their tech and style of scene management as the norm for gaming, I can see why it's imperative they respect these constraints one last time and give the absolute push that they can, but it really did cost a lot of things from IV.

And a lot of things from GTA. 

I on one hand welcome all the change.

On the other hand: http://gtaforums.com...o-much-strauss/

I listed things there, but that was all visual, that was all before the game came out, it was before anyone got their hands on it.

This is what 5 years and "this much change" causes - distaste in loyal fanbase.

The OP is operating like a fanboy coming after everyone else though, and not respecting their opinions. His love for the game is above his respect for fellow gamer. 

I am often involved in console vs pc discussions for example. People often call me an elitist etc. It does not take an elitist to say a brand new car is better than one that is 8 years old. It takes elitists, in fact, to say that a console is more than a low end locked down computer for people who lack basic understanding of technology and need their hand held.

Does that sh*t sound harsh? It shouldn't - it's the truth, it's written about all over the web, it's written in news, it's "the easier way to game, without all the so called hassle" - marketing tricks people to think they themselves are too dumb to use a PC, they use consoles, and they THEMSELVES feel inferior, so they call PC gamers elitists for knowing that Ferrari is a better make than Pinto. 

This thread is the simile to that kind of thing, the "x is to y as z is to a" type comparison.

One type attacks people, another type expresses distaste for the weakeness of a product. In the case of my abstract console/pc example, fanboys attack those who they tell themselves are smarter than them because they let the media tell them we are smarter than them when we're not and pc gaming is cheaper and easier - likewise, in the case of this thread, this dude is sh*tting on legitimate complaints that may be subjective, they are usually well rounded complaints, while the people he does attack, are merely expressing distaste for something they can tell is not the same as it was 5 years ago at all.

Can I get a f*ck yea?

That's why I wrote what I wrote, but the respectolution thread in network support is the reason I retracted it. You inspire me to share this though.

Momobearqt
  • Momobearqt

Serbian Style

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

This is a GTAForums, people who like the game (the number is numerous) do not come here and create threats like "This game is Awesome, I enjoyed it" because there is no need for it, and people who actually do, they are just called fanboys and rockstar's cock suckers. The game have sold few million copies, and with that number, it's just impossible to NOT have whiners. And what do the whiners do? Where they gonna whine? The only place they have, yes you guessed right, The GTAForums. It is just full of whiners. We have to learn to ignore them and just let them whine. I just feel sorry for those miserable smartasses who don't know how to appreciate this game (even though they KNOW that there is no better game that GTA V.)

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

you're not going to clean up this sh*tty forum man. trust me.

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by FlyUS, 26 September 2013 - 07:38 AM.

Rockstar lied about the Hiking feature and ability to rob people on the street.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

1) It's not so much that they lied about things, more like they insinuated you could do things which you can't

2) Agree.

3) This brings me back to my first point. Where is car insurance? I didn't expect to pay 1 mil for the bugatti veyron clone to have it vanish off the face of the planet.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

hiking involves taking a long walk through the countryside, or up a mountain. last time i checked, you can do that.

when did rockstar say you could rob people on the street? i want a source on this.  

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by FlyUS, 26 September 2013 - 07:48 AM.

They should of at least said the car insurance is an online feature. But not everyone plays online or has an internet connection, they never think of it like that and the same problem happened with the iFruit app.

It's only available to Apple devices and soon to be on Android, while the GTA V Manual app is Apple, Windows Phone and PC compatible. It should just be compatible with all of them and released at the same time.

They also sacrificed graphics/fps with interiors and what not, it really wouldn't hurt if they could open Burger Shot, Bank of Liberty (open but can't enter) etc. Police line of sight is messed up, you get a wanted level for shooting at the air with a suppressed weapon, even when on top of a mountain, and also when you hide in a bush lol.

It all needs to be fixed sooner or later...

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

hiking involves taking a long walk through the countryside, or up a mountain. last time i checked, you can do that.
when did rockstar say you could rob people on the street? i want a source on this.  

It's on the trailers and Rockstar said it's a side activity like Tennis and Golf. They also took out flippers from scuba diving kit but it's on the mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users