Quantcast

» «
Photo

A concern regarding talking into the headset.

17 replies to this topic
Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by Xavier Horovitz, 26 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Note: this concern is, as far as I know, only related to Xbox 360 owners.

As Xbox players, we know that nearly everyone who plays online does so in Party Chat. Party Chat blocks your voice from coming through in-game. One can therefore assume that if you are in a party:

• Your character's lips will not move, as the game is not picking up your voice.
  • Yelling at a clerk will not function properly, due to the game not picking up the voice.

Do you think the folks at Rockstar have foreseen this problem and have planned a workaround?

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Lots of people will be in party chat, but I don't think there's anything R* can do about this. If you want those features then you'll have to be in game chat. I'm going to always be in game chat, if I run into anyone annoying then I'll mute them. It'll be more realistic too, if someone is far away then you'll have to call them.

• Averryy likes this

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I could careless about these features, plus I only do party chats.I am sure many others feel the same

Fiery_Irish
  • Fiery_Irish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

I would hope they'd have considered that into the equation.

I don't blame people on XBL for always using the party mode.  I wouldn't want to have to interact with all the little trolling squealers that populate that service. 

I will be buying a headset soon to use on GTA:O for PS3 and most people that have mics tend to be older and not as troll-ish.  Though with games like GTA they bring out much of those troll players though.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Lots of people will be in party chat, but I don't think there's anything R* can do about this. If you want those features then you'll have to be in game chat. I'm going to always be in game chat, if I run into anyone annoying then I'll mute them. It'll be more realistic too, if someone is far away then you'll have to call them.

So this. Party chat will break all functionality of the ingame mic features so I will be using the much more interesting and realistic way of communicating.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

BHOS Lieutenant

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I think that firing your gun will have the same effect as yelling at the clerk so if you're in party chat you can do that instead.

• DaCosta and Amanny59 like this

joejoebaggin
  • joejoebaggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

id sooner be in a party chat with my friends than be screaming into a mic and having to listen to a different little kid yelling and screming into his mic every 5 mins.

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I hate the annoying lil kids two but that's y mute was invented also u have to think if they made it so realistice that the tone in ur voice will make the clerk move faster then obviously they should have made it that u have to be close to others to hear em (here's hopin so any way)

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Prospect

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Rockstar said there are potentially situations where you would need 16 people working together. Good luck fitting all those people into a party!

As far as I'm concerned, I would just get my crew to switch into game chat for the mission and then go party after.

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

I could see them having some kind of party chat on their own ingame. Just look at the SP, Michael etc had the headset piece for a lot of heists/missions in order to communicate with the other crew members. I think I even spotted the headset piece in the GTA:O trailer, could be automatically given to you once you start a mission.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Bit of a pointless feature, I mean you can't do it in SP.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bump

Well, it's possible to disable party chat in a game because COD does it, so why not Rockstar?

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

id sooner be in a party chat with my friends than be screaming into a mic and having to listen to a different little kid yelling and screming into his mic every 5 mins.

Don't forget the random screaming babies, mums shouting kids for tea, sh*t music and horrible static noises in the background.

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

It works exactly like RDR guys. Take my word for it.

Open world chat is based on proximity to other players. Crew members can hear you wherever you are. And if someone is being annoying it's only a couple clicks of your time to mute them.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

If the quality of the chat is similar to teamspeak then definitely, however if its just as sh*t as Xbox party chat then I'll just use party chat as its easier.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 26 September 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Looking forward to playing with MacToTillDeath and VeNoMxofxWaR Online :)

Make sure everyone gives ProGamerGov a Bad Sport-notification daily as well ( Just kidding with ya Gov) :D

skinku
  • skinku

Where are my f*cking arms?

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by skinku, 02 October 2013 - 04:40 PM.

It works exactly like RDR guys. Take my word for it.
Open world chat is based on proximity to other players. Crew members can hear you wherever you are. And if someone is being annoying it's only a couple clicks of your time to mute them.

New to all this so could you explain it to me please?
Can people hear me shouting at the cashier?
If someone is in my car, can they hear me?
In deathmatch can all my team hear me?
In openworld is it proximity based?
Just been on GTAO and kept asking if people could hear me and felt like a right plum.
Thanks in advance.
Tidy and Ta.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Why are 360 players so anti-social that they need party chat all the time? My friend is the same way. Should have seen the fit he had when he discovered PSN doesn't have party chat.

I like socializing when I'm online with my PS3. Whiny kids or some idiot with background noise? Then I just utilize the mute function and continue on my merry way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users