Photo

Is 16 payers enough?

37 replies to this topic
RGC Dynamics
  • RGC Dynamics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

think of the lag it will cause, 32players is too much !

Wow you really haven't played a game with more than 32 players on current gen consoles if DCUO can have hundreds of players on one server im calling bullsh*t

Barbaricbear
  • Barbaricbear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'll just wait for the PC version which will be like SA:RP. 100-ish players? yes please.

Apparently, GTA 5 isn't being released on PC and also for the next gen Models.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by nowaydawg, 27 September 2013 - 02:49 PM.

I'm not sure the servers could handle more than 16.
Next-Gen Consoles will be up to 32 people I think.

Its a bandwidth limitation by Sony and Microsoft that could be modified for the cash cow that gta is.

bandwidth limitation? you never heard about XKDC, don't ya?

I'll just wait for the PC version which will be like SA:RP. 100-ish players? yes please.

Apparently, GTA 5 isn't being released on PC and also for the next gen Models.

It will be.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Not really enough people tbh. Most MMO's have hundreds per server. 

ER-Bullitt
  • ER-Bullitt

Commissioner: Couch Potato Gamers (1GAM)

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

the term MMO gets tossed around too loosely in my opinion.

16 players is a great start, whose to say they wont or cant adjust it down the road.  Im sure the devs have a good idea of what the system can handle.  16 might be the perfect number, or it could be 24, or 32.  They could tune down the ambiant NPCs to accomodate for more players on each server.  I dont know if there was a beta for this game (doubt there was) so perhaps they are seeing what people try to do to test/break the servers before they reveal the full potential.

Any gamer will tell you that if the servers are sh*t on day one, we will accept that as normal.  But if the issue persists and people are able (and you know they will be willing) to create enough in game carnage to break the servers, that would be detrimental to the health of the game going forward.  So I feel if they have the ability to host a higher player count, and didnt for testing purposes, then they made the right decision.

Its a tough juggling act between gameplay, graphics and lag.  So far basedon the SP game they have done a great job, now lets see how online plays out and trust R* to adjust accordingly down the road.  There is no reason for them NOT to give us everything ... also it would be silly to think this will not be ported to the PS4 at some point.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

No. Id prefer 32 at least.  Hopefully when ported to ps4 it will actually be 32.

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

No. Id prefer 32 at least.  Hopefully when ported to ps4 it will actually be 32.

R* said they're not interested in the PS4. Sorry.

ER-Bullitt
  • ER-Bullitt

Commissioner: Couch Potato Gamers (1GAM)

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

R* said they're not interested in the PS4. Sorry.

Perhaps they said that so people would buy the game when it came out now instead of waiting for the PS4 "version" :)    For example, Battlefield 4 comes out next month for PS3.. they announced people can port to the PS4 version for a measily $10.

They also NEVER mentioned microtransactions until someone found the hidden code and blasted the forums, then they made an announcment.  Its all public relations, they are a company like every other.  Tell you what they think you need to hear to buy their product, misdirect, and hold back information that may be viewed in negative light.

It was 5 years 5 months between GTA IV and V being released.... it would be very silly if they didnt port it, maybe not right away.  But if they expect to sell any expansions and/or microtransactions they would be silly to think folks would be that dedicated to the game (even though it is spectacular) when the new generation console is available at a fraction of the cost of what people were expecting to pay for it. ,  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users